hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving on two wheels at terminal velocity - the [Motorcycle-Thread]

now slap an http://www.akrapovic.com/ on like a boss

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post

By a handheld device.
    That the same one from the OP?

No, it has half the kilometers, less scratches and an freshly made seat. It also has those dual-lights instead of one big and some different exhaust. But i got almost all the original parts too. For about 8% more cash.

But there might be some other issues ... for one i already had to reattach one of the turnsignals. Seem the previous owner was a lazy mechanic and hadn't all the fitting screws and nuts.

Biggest issue might be the speedometer though. According to my dad, who drove it back from where i bought it, said it wasn't very precise ...

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboy K View Post
    now slap an http://www.akrapovic.com/ on like a boss
    I dunno about anyone else, but i'm playing on a smaller scale these days.

Grats on the purchase, I hope it serves you well.

My advice to new riders is always this: don't get tunnel vision on 1-2 types of bikes. There are MANY models of motorcycles that are suitable for beginners made in the last 10 years. Shop around for a good deal on a mint condition used bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Any suggestions on brake-brands? Hard to find any recommendations. Or rather which ones to avoid ... good shops in germany?

Any suggestions on brake-brands? Hard to find any recommendations. Or rather which ones to avoid ... good shops in germany?
    Do a bit of review of local Motorbike mechanics and spares dealers for your bike. Then go and seek some advice from them. You have bought a second hand bike and you will have ongoing maintenance issues so start a relationship with a mechanic early. Ask about timing chain wear/rattle.

My current ride (and yes I tick the organ donor box)

Quote Originally Posted by nurgles View Post
    Do a bit of review of local Motorbike mechanics and spares dealers for your bike. Then go and seek some advice from them. You have bought a second hand bike and you will have ongoing maintenance issues so start a relationship with a mechanic early. Ask about timing chain wear/rattle.

My current ride (and yes I tick the organ donor box)
    Noice ... judging by the size of that cooler ... i guess 1200ccm?

hehe, nah it is a moderate 800 cc.

Yamaha FZ8S

It really has far more power than I need and is still quite light.

this is what I rode from 2000 - 2006, Honda CB750F2

The new bike is only 50cc more in capacity but has 30 more horses (~50 -> ~80) and 30 kg lighter. The alloy frame instead of steel tube means a lot more rigidity and agility. The main problem with the Fazer is that is simply not as comfy 2 up.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Pretty much what happened to me and why I don't ride on public roads anymore. I'll do track days when I have money in the future, but people are too fucking dumb when they drive especially in murika. Doesn't matter what you do if some dipshit plain does not see you.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corywyn View Post
    Also doing my license at the moment (almost done, will do the last mandatory lessons tonight), driving school has a Honda CBF 600N (naked, mid 70-ish HP) which is a fun bike in the twisties (drops nicely into turns, pulls out of them well) and also does okay on the Autobahn (although the lack of fairings / wind shield makes anything about 130/140kph noisy and somewhat unfomfortable

What I'm looking at as a first bike is Kawasaki's ER-6f (or Ninja 650 in the US). More or less same HP as the bike that I'm currently driving, has ABS (which is awesome for emergency braking), fairings which make it more comfortable for longer distances (which I will probably cover a fair few times) and it looks pretty sweet.

So, the CBF600 is a nice bike (and as I can attest to, beginner friendly), the ER-6f has a naked sister (that sounds dirty ...), the ER-6n with the same specs, just without fairings.

e: the bike that I want. Not sure yet whether to drop full price on a new one or find a used. Honestly not a fan of used vehicles
      Spoiler:
    How did I not see this thread sooner?

I have an ER6F, and it's great. Perfect around town, plenty of unf. Did a trackday on it, first time on track on any bike, knee down on the first lap. So easy to ride. Would recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Pretty much what happened to me and why I don't ride on public roads anymore. I'll do track days when I have money in the future, but people are too fucking dumb when they drive especially in murika. Doesn't matter what you do if some dipshit plain does not see you.
    Wonder how much can be attributed to not having a brake light.
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Wonder how much can be attributed to not having a brake light.
    ... what?

Cool09 cannot into joke

Stahpatalk

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Reposting pics of my bike from the last thread I posted it in

Got it this summer and loving it

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Cool09 cannot into joke
    derp

In related news I adjusted the chain tension on the GSX-R, now downshifts are very smooth instead of the jerkyness that was happening as the slack was taken up. Was really easy although I had to buy a 36mm socket for the axle nut.

Next up is brakes. Deliberating over making the switch to steel braided lines. The rubber lines are past their expected life, although the brakes still feel fine (or maybe they have deteriorated and I just don't feel it).

It wasn't a joke. That bike doesn't have a brake light. Brake lights are a very strong reminder that the vehicle in front is slowing.

It's the middle of the day. The driver is just terrible.

Stahpatalk