hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 63 of 617 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113163563 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 12322

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Heavier fight tonight in AK-QBU. Short story first until final mails are posted.

Groons were hitting a POCO in AK-QBU. Flatline/ROFL and company formed up some subs and caps and went after. The original GROON fleet comp (GROON feel free to update, all I can go on here is killboards right now which are incomplete) was a couple damnations, a few absos, a couple Legions, Proteus, HIC, Abaddon, some other subcaps and a couple Archons (not sure if the Rev was there yet).

Flatline came in with subcaps first, brought in caps secondary on two separate cynos. There were a couple cynos on each side, on the final cyno TISHU came in with GROON with faction BSs and a number of dreads. That pretty much was it at that point, local hit about 116 with Flatline and friends being about 50 of that. Some caps were lost on both sides, TISHU/GROON clearly came out on top.

I will add some more details as more of the picture becomes clear.

gfgf
    Last edited by Nemes; May 6 2012 at 03:37:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemes View Post
    Heavier fight tonight in AK-QBU. Short story first until final mails are posted.

Groons were hitting a POCO in AK-QBU. Flatline/ROFL and company formed up some subs and caps and went after. The original GROON fleet comp (GROON feel free to update, all I can go on here is killboards right now which are incomplete) was a couple damnations, a few absos, a couple Legions, Proteus, HIC, Abaddon, some other subcaps and a couple Archons (not sure if the Rev was there yet).

Flatline came in with subcaps first, brought in caps secondary on two separate cynos. There were a couple cynos on each side, on the final cyno TISHU came in with GROON with faction BSs and a number of dreads. That pretty much was it at that point, local hit about 116 with Flatline and friends being about 50 of that. Some caps were lost on both sides, TISHU/GROON clearly came out on top.

I will add some more details as more of the picture becomes clear.

gfgf

lol whatever you do, don't omit the fact that Darenell's Nyx warped out as HICs loaded grid :P

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsEverywhere View Post
    lol whatever you do, don't omit the fact that Darenell's Nyx warped out as HICs loaded grid :P
    Yeah, he needed to change his tighty whiteys after that I'm sure.

Our initial poco shot fleet was a rev, two archons, damnation, two regular and one navy mega. when flatline's subcaps and caps came in, we cynoed in via my damnation which our carriers were somehow unable to keep alive (). Anyway our subcaps make pretty short work of their subcaps, but by this time they're focusing down our carriers with their 5 or so dreads and however many carriers they had (there were a bunch). Finally they cyno in darenell's nyx and tishu warps to the cyno, lights their own and jumps in with hics and dreads, but by the time they manage to load grid and bubble he was warping out.

I grabbed a couple screens as the fight was ending and we were leaving.

Last edited by Elmnt80; May 6 2012 at 05:45:19 AM.
    Life Universe Everything (LUE) - Clockwork Pinapple

Fixed BR from what I can tell: http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=6921 not sure who's alts those are but meh. We were probably within .004 seconds of tackling that Nyx. FRAPs shows him at 10k away in-warp on the first frame I had grid loaded. Not really much I can write a BR on as all I did was bridge, shoot the bubbled caps, and then fly home vOv but Tim's account is pretty much what happened.
    Last edited by Lex Arson; May 6 2012 at 05:52:19 AM.

http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=6923

All the alts are fixed.
    Life Universe Everything (LUE) - Clockwork Pinapple

BR from a few skirmishes Sunday night.

FL and friends formed up late Sunday evening and went with a speed setup. This is a newer doctrine for most of our folks, so it was intended as a learning experience. Fleet was made of up some Nano HACs, recons, and assorted other rabble (Stabbers, frigates, etc.).

The Bad
    We sent some various eyes out and found that Sedi-Red was coming back from the Conomette area through FIGL space, so we hung out on the JH gate until they jumped in and began warping to VV. We then jumped M2 and warped VV as well, JOC'ing into their fleet. Their fleet comp was mostly BCs with 3 Scimis in support. The level of green really showed in this fight, and we were unable to really kill much of anything but their tackle, and lost a couple of T2 cruisers in the process plus the expected loss of the T1 hilariousness. Lessons learned, mistakes made, etc. etc. Props to Sedi-Red, gf gf
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13299706

The Good
    After talking over the previous engagement, and answering some various Q&A we went back and dropped a few off, picked up some reships and back out we went. We had gotten word of some folks in PVH and a friendly camped into the station in an Ishkur. He was supposed to undock, then redock. Instead he undocked and engaged...details details. Oddly enough, he died. Soon after we had report of some folks camping the Reb gate in 6-C, and while frankly trying to catch anyone camping the Reb gate is a fools errand because of the time it takes to warp to it, our scout let us know there was a small skirmish on the gate. We jumped in, warped to the gate and saw the enemy fleet! You know, 300km away. Luckily there were wrecks. We warped, shot things, and let's be honest we didn't show any skills here we just had blob-like numbers and the speed to catch things.
    http://flatline.vagransea.com/killbo..._related/8722/

The Man I Just Wanted to Go to Sleep
    We packed it up at that point, it was getting late and some of us had to work in the morning. Before I could get logged someone tells me there's more fight to be had. After some really amazeballs level of stupidity in fleet we do in fact find a FIGL fleet running around in Harbingers and 4 Guardians. I can literally not remember the last time I saw a Guardian supported BC fleet, but there it was. All but one of the Guardians and part of their fleet made after they had engaged our rag tag fleet of kitchen sink. Both sides had a Falcon, I don't think either were all that effective and slap fought a bit. gfgf FIGL, you guys always bring it.
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13300255

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13317367

BR? Good to see FL proving me wrong, even if it looks a bit one-sided. Also surprising to see *some* half-decent zealot fits out of Vanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Arson View Post
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13317367

BR? Good to see FL proving me wrong, even if it looks a bit one-sided. Also surprising to see *some* half-decent zealot fits out of Vanguard.
    SEDIREDGUARD had dropped by our area around 0:30, but we were still trying to get our crap together and make sure everyone went to the little boys room. After our traditional 15 minutes of derping past roll-out time, their fleet had headed home.

After a bit of driving around, we got word that a WH had opened up deep into Omist (-A- territory), so we decided to burn home and go catch us some SOV carebears. On the way home a wild SEDIREDGUARD fleet in aHACs appeared in M2.

They had set up on the ZVN gate in JH. We sent one of our light dictors to dash through them and bubble the other side. They followed and popped him, but left a devoter with his bubble up in JH. We landed in the bubble, esploded the HIC and aligned out. They came back in (we were a bit surprised by this, but they had 4 guardians, so I think they were trying to land reps on the devoter. Just unfortunate timing). After that is was pretty standard 'we stay out of range and switch targets to alpha' stuff'. I didn't understand why they were hanging around until my loki pilot let me know he was scrammed and webbed by half their fleet.

We punch through on a couple of ships, they tenaciously held fast. Props to their guardians. After about 10 minutes, we had some additional people catch up and we drilled through the rest of their reps before they headed out. We let the logi head home due the gf's they gave us.

We then went into the wormhole, caught a thanny ratting in an anom with our very intoxicated 25 thrashers, and he SD'd at 1/3 hull. Yeah, I'd be embarrassed too.

I know we fraps'd both fights, so I'll post when they make it to youtube. gf SEDIREDGUARD. Shame on you, Thanny.

I fraps'd the Thanny kill, I'll try and do some ninja editing tonight after I get home from work. And yes good fight Sedi Red Guard. You kept my very busy monitoring range to the nearest hostile and keeping w/in range of our tackled Loki. I can't say the same for Artemis. She learned a valuable lesson about range management last night lol.

I wanted a fight even if we were horribly outnumbered and knew we would get volleyed out by Nado's vOv.

FITE Anniversary fleet

We (Finis Terrae) were celebrating our 1-year alliance/Syndicate anniversary with a fleet consisting of Augoror Navy Issues (~20x) and Guardians (4x) yesterday. We also invited some ex FITE pilots along as well as several old and new friends. Syndicate-dinosaurs and good friends Fire Mandrill opted to do the scouting/tackling in Navy Slicers.

It was announced that all lost ships will be completly reimbursed by us and if we encounter any hostile fleets we’d go for it, no matter what. In that spirit we went into the F6 pipe first to visit the WDRWB-coalition members to let them know we’re around.
    Vestouve was rather empty so we went directly to Pure Madness (already hugging their Leviathan).

On the way there we’ve also made sure to get noticed by some early risers of Rote Kapelle as well as the local Goon squad (Black Omega Security) hoping to get a fight out of them later on when they’d have more pilots online.

Anyway, Pure Madness were hugging their Titan and their cyno alt had already started following us in the FD area. We still went to their homesystem though in order to get out of the F6 pipe for a moment as reports of a shiney shield fleet (commandships, recons, etc.) of The Garden of Eden Creation KIt (with Scimitar support) were coming in.

We sent one third of our fleet ahead trying to bait them. They didn’t bite but we managed to trap them at the Poitot gate back in F6 eventually. They decided to aggress the “one third” sitting on their side of the gate. We all jumped in and primaried their shield tanked high-value gallente ships and had no problems breaking their repps.
    They started to pull the range and we sent our dualprop (DP) fitted ANI squad after them at which point Pure Madness did a poorly executed bridge-in. They spawned right between our AB fitted ships at the gate and the dualprop fitted ones chasing the shield fleet. The DPs were able to just warp off while the rest of us were orbiting the Poitot gate until aggro was down and a while longer to check our tank ability.

http://finisterrae.eve-syndicate.net...d&kll_id=11399

Other side of the gate/Poitot was completely clear (good job Pure Madness) so we docked up for a second to drop off the faction loot and then teamed up again with the DP squad.

Pure Madness failed to kill anything of value or even enough ANIs to render the fleet useless so we continued roaming. We did a quick stop in our homesystem to get the 4 pilots (who lost their ships) into new ones, followed by a roam through the Maze while being trailed by three cyno alts.

Syndicate was still somewhat empty so we decided to do a detour into Placid looking for a FW gang.
    We eventually met a kiting-fleet of Drunk ‘n’ Disorderly in Vlillirier and after some chasing around in the system we clashed at the star.
    They got surprised by our DP squad being able to keep up with them but it took a while for our AB fitted ones to get into optimal in order to break through their repps (they had 2-3 Scimitars) so we only ended up killing two canes:

http://finisterrae.eve-syndicate.net...d&kll_id=11407

They promised to reship and come back in armor gang but we didn’t really know where they are living or how long it would take them. Our eyes in Syndicate reported about three, four fleets in the Maze and MHC area (two of them being Rote Kapelle and Goons).
    Followed by cyno-Buzzard of Drunk ‘n’ Disorderly we headed home again.

We only managed to snatch one Harbinger (Goons) in MHC as well as killing the cyno-Buzzard in 2X but there was a massive convergence going on in 6-C and PVH with both systems getting close to 100 people.

Two groups started fighting in PVH@6-C, so us and two more gangs jumped in to join the party:

Flying Dangerous
    When Hippos Attack
    TURN LEFT
    Fatal Ascension
    Finis Terrae anniversary fleet

all shooting each other:

http://finisterrae.eve-syndicate.net...d&kll_id=11432

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13366222

We were holding the field but PVH is Hippos’ homesystem so they just reshipped to armor BS and warped back to the gate bringing triage archon with them. Before we could go for round two a T3 heavy fleet of Drunk ‘n’ Disorderly turned up in MHC/6E which got noticed by Hippos right in time to disengage and gtfo.

We jumped back into 6-C looking for a last fight before disbanding the fleet (we lost track of Drunk ‘n’ Disorderly somehow) but all locals stayed docked or cloaked.

ANIs are fun ships to fly so we’ll take them out again for sure, keep your eyes open.

Anyway, thanks for all the (good) fights in Syndicate during our first year living here!
    Last edited by Collide; May 14 2012 at 10:38:43 AM.

Sunday nights are becoming an enjoyable experience for us (Flatline) in Syndicate. Sundays seems to bring around a more casual crowd or attitude and we have seen some fun kitchen sink / randomness of late.

Sunday Night Fights - JQV edition

There were a small number of us hanging out in T22 and chatting away in comms, and one of our FCs decided it was time to go mess around with a "small, quick roam". "What doctrine should we use?" the question went out. Well, the other factor on Sunday night is everyone is either drunk, stupid, or stupid drunk. So we ended up saying "Kitchen sink!" I was kind of pissed because frankly I've cycled that nonsense out of my hangar. So I whined like a little girl and then someone handed me a Drake. Op success.

We took off maybe 12 strong after all was said and done and started moving around looking for targets. The FC had the right idea tonight as normally I'm driven ABSOLUTELY nuts by an FC trying to chase "ganks", which is a waste of time, and he said "screw it I want to fight a fleet not a guy." Fabu! So long travel story short, because I'm not a fantasy novelist who can write an entire book about a trip through the woods.

Fast forward - We're in 6-U now!

We wandered down ye olde pipe towards S-U and had some random neutrals and a scout alt or two, but took our band of merry morons in crap ships down without any notable events. One of our "scouts" (we didn't have scouts, we had idiots with more tank than the other idiots) jumped in and saw a Sedition / Vanguard gang hanging out off gate. I'm paraphrasing some things here because typing is hard. They stayed at a perch and we decided it was time to go. We got a report from our slowest idiot as he jumped out that they were warping to gate, so we head back to the S-U gate in 6-U and jump in so we can duke it out. Sedi/Vanguard aggresses, primaries are called, no logi is had, and other than 1 Falcon they brought in (which was subsequently chased off into hull after he pissed me the hell off by jamming me) it was a pretty enjoyable brawl. BR below

http://flatline.vagransea.com/killbo...l_related/8912

We had some losses obviously, and a few who needed reps so we went to a station to rep up and "go to the bathroom". A few guys reshipped to complete junk (cruisers) and a couple people had some ships still in S-U. We got word that some Sedition had jumped into 6-U, so we undock and head back to fight like lions. Sedition / Vanguard / I-Red group mostly jumps into 6-U, we warp to the gate and jump, and the credits roll.

http://flatline.vagransea.com/killbo...l_related/8911

gf gf SediRedGuard, local was clean the whole time and everyone shot things for two straight fights, a good night in Syndicate.
    Last edited by Nemes; May 14 2012 at 05:03:17 PM.

FITE Anniversary fleet in the 5 way in PVH. Was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I love syndicate.
    Men, I am not ordering you to attack. I am ordering you to die. In the time that it takes us to die, other forces and commanders can come and take our place.

Quote Originally Posted by Collide View Post
    It was announced that all lost ships will be completly reimbursed by us and if we encounter any hostile fleets we’d go for it, no matter what
    They spawned right between our AB fitted ships at the gate and the dualprop fitted ones chasing the shield fleet. The DPs were able to just warp off while the rest of us were orbiting the Poitot gate until aggro was down and a while longer to check our tank ability.!
    I see what you did there GF and see you around.
    Last edited by Louis Trenker; May 15 2012 at 08:11:02 AM.

We had a fulfilling day gatecamping 6-CZ.

Day's Report

The closest thing we had to an actual fight was against Dragoons. With the help of an AGONY member who had just beaten me in a frig duel hours earlier (still no honoure, etc.), he and I tackled and killed a Naga when the rest of the gang had warped off to attempt ganking the other 2 members of the EVOL fleet on station. They warped back, and I nano dueled a Vaga, eventually forcing him to retreat. After derping a warp and losing my Zealot, we reshipped into 2x Arty Canes + Talos and tried to get Dragoons to fight, but they ran off towards 8-J. Masquerade then engaged me with frigates and a falcon, but a FIGL Rapier uncloaked and webbed them so we could one-boom-shot them with 720's.

We then proceeded to gank nerds who warped stuff into our bubbles, and we baited some FIGL destroyers but let their Cynabal escape.

gf's all around; everyone move to Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Trenker View Post
    I see what you did there
    Heh, we did engage the shields, didn't we? After you had bridged in we had to reform/reunite our splitted fleet first or do you expect us to grind through > 20 BS + Damnation with only ~10 ANIs?

Flatline./Moonwarriors/Friends bringing the gudfites in early USTZ Syndicate. EVOL is currently out in 7-man gang, and we're being chased by roughly 40 people. When my Scout first got eyes, I heard:

"5 Hurricanes, 4 Nagas, 3 Scimis..."

And I'm like, yes! We can take this.

"5 Oracles, 4 Tornadoes, 8 Taloses, 1 Muninn, 2 Rapiers, etc."

))):

I really wanna know the reasoning behind that blue-fest. There literally isn't anyone big enough to fight you in Syndicate.

Also, inb4 the one Flatline. dude talking about how they're working on basic stuff to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post
    Flatline./Moonwarriors/Friends bringing the gudfites in early USTZ Syndicate. EVOL is currently out in 7-man gang, and we're being chased by roughly 40 people. When my Scout first got eyes, I heard:

"5 Hurricanes, 4 Nagas, 3 Scimis..."

And I'm like, yes! We can take this.

"5 Oracles, 4 Tornadoes, 8 Taloses, 1 Muninn, 2 Rapiers, etc."

))):

I really wanna know the reasoning behind that blue-fest. There literally isn't anyone big enough to fight you in Syndicate.

Also, inb4 the one Flatline. dude talking about how they're working on basic stuff to get better.
    We generally don't roll that heavy. Six days out of seven we roll about the same size as most people in Syndicate, between 10-20. I personally give everybody crap when we roll that heavy, but frankly if everyone wants to have a love fest once a week or two and we get a bunch of people, it is what it is. Our Sunday night fights I think we had 12, had great fights. I'm not personally a fan of rolling in gangs that heavy because you won't get any fights unless TEST comes down or one of the other Syndicate alliances is having an "everybody shows up" night also. That pretty much never happens the same night ours is happening.

I will personally continue to hammer away at fleet sizes until size ratio improves, but know once in a while big fleets happen. Funny part is during fleet I literally said "StevieTopSiders is going to have a fit when he sees this fleet." Thanks for keeping my predictive streak going.
    Last edited by Nemes; May 16 2012 at 03:26:17 AM.