hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 617 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Re: Syndicate 09/04/11 - ongoing

Sorry Bump, I'm not trying to shine a lapel pin or some such, I don't actually give a fuck who dies- the more the merrier (including us).

I'm trying to help people in our theater understand the terms by which we can be interacted with seriously.

I'm doing this specifically because I like Syndicate combat entities who read this board, and because I'm one of the individuals listed.

yeah, I should have gotten temp blues sorted for this, but oh well. I derped that part. it was kinda funny though, you chose the time when I'd told everyone to start unsieging so we could move to the other side of the pos and shoot the guns over there. there was only one dread actually still in siege by the time you guys got there. elmnt died because he was retarded and didn't know you could jump using the menu from right-clicking on your capacitor, and kythran didn't have enough cap so he was trying to cap himself up with his guardian alt in order to jump. v0v

also I hope your abso pilot enjoyed burning through that t2 large I anchored off 6e.

This website, and specifically this sub forum has a shitload of creepers. I would assume they're here leering as guests because they want intel and to keep up on current events. So here's a Syndicate US prime-time intel update. (lol 98 posts, 10,000+ views)

Starting in the south.

IOAB, SUBA, and those associated systems (It's all one big dead end pocket south of XS)

Currently living there are Legion of the Dammed, The Forsaken, and various odd's and end's groups. From what I can tell a good chunk of the residents are blue'ed up. Legion will occasionally roam up with a gang of 5-10 looking for ganks, I've never seen them go for a fight were they might take losses. The other residents don't roam much, and mostly seem content with the C-grade jewing you can do down there.

*This area has seen a lot of turn over in the last 6 months, nobody seems to stay very long at all.

Lower Mid Syndicate

Most of the excitement in this section happens behind 97X. Y9G is home to a number of folks, and is pretty heavily trafficked. No Trademark, Huzzah, and some other Russian types maintain a presence here. The largest and most notable group you'll find around there is Raven Federation. They moved out of lower syndicate to low sec in Solitude. I have no idea why because it's empty, the true sec blows, and is an inconvenient mix of Null,Low and Hi-sec. This area can be accessed via Y9G.

Credit where it's due, Raven Federation isn't very good at PvP, but they will fight. Hopefully they don't get too discouraged by repeat ass whippings.

Middle Syndicate

Behind PC9 cluster Huzzah still maintains a small US contingent. They don't have the numbers for US, and so there's rarely much to kill back there these days.

In 6-C the arrival of Flying Dangerous has shaken up local happenings a good bit. They have pretty well rape caged the Reb gate 24/7 since arrival. They can put together gangs of up to 30 people. They have a POS in 6-C that they will run to at the first signs of anything other than an easy kill. When they roam, they wont fight anyone they don't outnumber, and if the fight is going even remotely poorly they de-agress and jump out on a whim. I don't like them at all if you can't tell.

Their prime time is Late US. 0300-0600 EVE

Clockwork Pineapple is in AAS. We live for pvp but we are horrendously bad at defense fleets so ducking into AAS isn't really a good way to get a fight out of us. Our fleet size varies dramatically from 5 all the way up to 20 ish. We are mostly US East Coast prime so 0000-0500. Weekends nights are your best chance of getting a fight out of us.

F67E is the start of the pipe going north out of MHC. It's currently inhabited by some extremely skittish guys. (Surrender Dorthy and Ducks) They camp bubbles and have cloaky dictors. They pretty consistently assign fighters from a carrier off station/POS. They are so scared of GROON that when they are active (6 jumps from AAS) they keep eyes on us at all times. We may have punished them a few too many times with bait and blops. Do not expect any sort of the fleet fight out of them despite there being upwards of 14 in local at times.

Upper Mid Syndicate

FD- is the main source of action in this area. It's a high traffic system currently inhabited by Lith and friends. They are all in Neut corps and have perfected the art of cloaky sabre/Falcon/kill anybody solo for this area. They currently favor un-probable Machs, with plenty of Falcon on the side. Baiting them takes more than a little doing since they keep eyes everywhere. They are p damn competent, don't fuck with them if you don't know what you're dealing with.

Behind BMNV there's a new group that I haven't had too much interaction with. I'm not even certain which system is their home back there. They seem to have gangs of ~10. From what I've seen they can be killed with impunity if you can catch them. Not certain, but I think you could lump them under the Alliance 'Means TO Oppression'

North Syndicate

Only one group of note lives up there and it's Rote Kapelle in TXW. They are currently playing host to their blues Veto. They roam far and wide into both Cloud Ring and Low sec. Their gangs vary in size from 5-30. Their presence also extends beyond US prime. They seem to favor a bit later US prime maybe 0300-0600. They are hands down the most competent alliance in Syndicate, and they will kill you p much every time.

Been trying to decide if I wanted to share a BR from a gf~ we had last night.

Have decided to redact smack and paste it in:

http://rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a=...t&kll_id=52422

0400 fleet started out in a sort of limited-goodfight gang which basicly amounted to (pair of scimis, scout, light dictor, BCs). Except lots of people had HACs, and I threw Carth in a HIC cuz we had dinged 18 at formup time. We still did the RSB/backtackle thing, though got no jump-in's outside of lowsec. 18 is more than I like, but whatevs.

Anyhoo, first stop was PF/FD, though I was sad to see the local numbers slowly decreasing around syndicate during formup. No surprises there, Lithia made a play for our scout on PF-. Probably would have gotten him (and died for the attempt) due to super-long-webs, but chose to falcon/run instead. Sniping Mach killed our light dictor because-of-lag ("Hey, sniper mach, dictor jump", "ok", :dead. v0v, turns out bringing the HIC WASNT stupid like I thought.

Next trip was to Pelil, in lowsec, which had a bubble on the map. Turns out, that is where SF is harassing Jules. Some local smack is traded. Jules came through a gate in a zu (l2 not cloak and die like a man), SF is docked or cloaked or whatever it is they do now, so the next bubble is Y9G/97X.

I best speed us over there (or as near as I can get to it), which was pretty suboptimal. People REALLY need to listen to the FC... things like "This is a split, warp to the JH- gate" are kinda important. Anyways, we got there, people just need to make sure they remember the basics.

SO: Scout into 97X, fleet trickling onto the 97X gate in M-2... 97X local at 15, hostile fleet bubble camping Y9G gate(*). Inbound sling bubbled, Outbound sling bubbled, 50AU between M-2 and Y9G, with 5-TOPS gate being sister gate to Y9G. Hostile fleet refuses to be pulled to the M-2 gate at zero. That is correct, it is time for SPACE NAPOLEON!

[center:2u8oevi5][/center:2u8oevi5]

So, most of you guys have been flying with me for a while, and know my opinion on space napoleon, which is that it's always better to just go balls deep and have a fight. Still, you gotta TRY to shape a fight that looks like it has no way of happening. I mean, the chances of Raven Federation taking us on even numbers are abysmally low, even if they APPEAR to be well comped. In any event, the next section takes probably 10 minutes.

First, we try to drag them to us, but they won't leave tac's on the M-2 gate, eventually they go back to Y9G tacs, or bouncing off 5-tops tacs. I order Carth/Bubble in and up on M-2 gate, and Brent/Drake to jump in and start being dumb (shooting bubbles, etc). We try bouncing over to the 5-TOPS gate... nothing. Prox/Scout starts looping around into Y9G backdoor to confirm that they don't have like 50 (not that it matters, we are taking about any fight at this time, I'm turgid). Turns out just a neut domi on the other side. I decided to up the profile by jumping in all our canes, and having them hold our inbound bubble... unfortunately, no response from hostile fleet.

So, at this point, I'm a little <_< on the engagement, insofar as that they seem really fucking well comped. Lots of ECM, lots of utility, lots of DPS. They have a Curse who can lock down 2-3 of our canes, that neut domi for the logi. Ashimuu to lock down our cynabal. I mean like I said, we are taking the fight, but at this point, I'm nothing but impressed by their gangcomp (aside from lack of Logi, but I'll be damned if I complain about people fleetcomping away from logi, which I think is the bane of the fucking GF).

Regardless, my space napoleon patience has just run it's course, and it's time to shape the fight on their terms: I order bubble down, canes and drake aligned, and once clear, both groups warp. Drake lands on gate at zero (from 5-tops), Canes land in a bubble at 50ish, with our HIC. Drake calls redboxes, I order canes to close/engage, bubble to close and bubble, and main fleet to jump and bounce 5-tops->Y9g. At this point, we have about 1/3 of them aggressed and bubbled in 97X, 2/3 of them jumped Y9G, where prox is, reporting them reapproaching. Fleet lands, and we call a pest primary.

I start calling split targets on important primaries... ashimmu/curse, as real threats-light tanks, then move to the aggressed tengu since we are already up something like 5-0 and my watchlist isn't showing jack shit red... And about here, we are simply done, and the rest is just mop up. A cynabal got away by burning his ass right out to 100 and staying there for the duration. Similarly, a Rapier cloaked before I could lock and never decloaked. Otherwise, I think we cleared grid except for a Drake which warped out. Prox decloaked their falcon like 3 fucking times, and the 3rd time, it stayed decloaked long enough to lock, except not by me :BecaseOfZealot:.

Overall it was a great fucking fight, and TOTALLY indicative of how failfitting turns fights. Their falcon pilot was badz, trying to run instead of burning to range and jamming. Their curse was literally useless, instead of being able to lock down 2-3 of our ships, it did NOTHING. Their neut domi turned out to be a RR domi. o\ o\ o\ o\ o\ Otherwise, it would have been almost a literal 1to1 matchup in terms of numbers and comp. v0v

(*) Yes, ~20 man bubblecamp fleet in the backend of nowhere.
    Actually, I'm leaving that smack in there. People: Don't put an RRBS in a mixed shield fleet. A Neut Domi would have fucked us up. Also, don't active tank your domi, passive tank it, and don't worry about losing it knowing that your neuts are deadly in a fleet that size. Furthermore, Curses are insane anti-gang ships, but you NEED TO FIT TD/NEUTS, also, you need to be at 40k, dipping in to neut, not hanging on the battleball.

In retrospect, I'm not sure if Raven felt they HAD to come back to save the 1/3 of their fleet which agressed when the other 2/3 jumped, or if they just BALLS OF STEELed on us. I hope it's the second.

v0v, apologize if it's smacky. Raven: Fit Better. If Raven is all Balls of steel, I'll visit them for an up front fight every chance I get. v0v

yeah our issue is more that you often won't engage us even when you significantly outnumber us. there have been multiple instances where you guys will have 1.5-2x more people than us and just run away. if there's a gang we know we have no chance of taking, we will run away, dock up, whatever. however, if we're reasonably well matched then we will engage. if it turns out that we're outmatched then yeah, we'll deagress or whatever, and I don't hold you guys doing that against you, but being unwilling to engage us at all is really annoying.

e: should have quoted what I was replying to, flying dangerous guy deleted his post.

I'm pretty sure Pale's post was deleted by a mod.

Concerning "not engaging you with equal or greater numbers", it's just shit luck, people in system /= active pilots.
    I'm probably the most cautious fc in figl, & I've only ever backed out of one fight with clockwork (ghetto fleet of half armor, half shield, dual box fcing in a logi ftw).

outnumbered/outdpsed we do that.
    yesterday's bad results:
    http://www.figl-alliance.com/?a=kill_re ... l_id=53648
    yesterday's good results:
    http://www.figl-alliance.com/?a=kill_re ... l_id=53545

Don't care if it's rote, huzzah, clockwork,etc. if we have a fleet going & there's a good fight to be had, we'll duke it out, even if the odds are stacked against us.

As far as gate camping goes, if there's no roaming fleet, fuck it why not. We take the opportunity to get to know our new pilots, shoot the shit, go through the basics & yadayadayada. Beats the hell out of ratting.

tldr:
    I'm having a blast, my fc's are having a blast, flying dangerous is loving syndicate. We are a pvp alliance.
    Clockwork I hope you feel different in the future but tbh & with all respect, I don't care.

On another note:
    Having been through 8 months of constant sov warfare in providence, I lol'd with:
    Won Ton> are you guys ready to be purged from syndicate??
    Then this happened: http://www.figl-alliance.com/?a=kill_re ... l_id=53379
    Training up those pos gunning skills really paid off. Rote dropping caps was icing.

Worst case for figl... we put up another tower? Ahh the beauty of npc space.

Manny

Administrator Movember 2012 Don Pellegrino's Avatar

I just checked the logs and yeah, it was deleted by a mod. I edited it to keep it as an example of what not to do, but whatever, it doesn't matter. Welcome to FHC, Manny, and I hope that your alliance will be able to prove its worth because from reading this thread its name seems ironic.

Thanks for the welcome Don.

flying dangerous = flying timidly, it must be true I read it on a forum.
    All you really have to do is go through our killboard. Or ask bdeal, agony & cva. They'll tell you how bloodthirsty we are.

Anyhoo, first stop was PF/FD, though I was sad to see the local numbers slowly decreasing around syndicate during formup. No surprises there, Lithia made a play for our scout on PF-. Probably would have gotten him (and died for the attempt) due to super-long-webs, but chose to falcon/run instead.
    Indeed. In FD, XM->PF is 30,000KM, which leaves 14 seconds from when I see the spike. If I stay in the engagement for 15, I'm probably screwed. I was quite surprised by the number of individuals that warped 'to prox' rather than the gate. It made for a tough egress of the two ships. Once both were in warp, it was on to the next play. All in all, the fight was so close, and the dram so close to death, that I went on a 420 fueled "coulda, shoulda, woulda" trip for 30 minutes afterward. If only I had OL'd from the beginning. If only I had gotten the falcon's drones out. etc....

Super long webs?

GF btw.

The heavy handed moderation of this thread to the point where you can't follow the flow of conversation has gatta stop. I mean jesus. Stop being a ninny faggot.

As for what 'Tripple their numbers Manny' said. I guess we'll see. I'm even going to give you the benefit of the doubt. This Friday I'm going to come to 6-C and copy paste your chest thumping into local. Then we'll see.

Let me quote it in case a mod deletes it.

I'm pretty sure Pale's post was deleted by a mod.

Concerning "not engaging you with equal or greater numbers", it's just shit luck, people in system /= active pilots.
    I'm probably the most cautious fc in figl, & I've only ever backed out of one fight with clockwork (ghetto fleet of half armor, half shield, dual box fcing in a logi ftw).

outnumbered/outdpsed we do that.
    yesterday's bad results:
    http://www.figl-alliance.com/?a=kill_re ... l_id=53648
    yesterday's good results:
    http://www.figl-alliance.com/?a=kill_re ... l_id=53545

Don't care if it's rote, huzzah, clockwork,etc. if we have a fleet going & there's a good fight to be had, we'll duke it out, even if the odds are stacked against us.

As far as gate camping goes, if there's no roaming fleet, fuck it why not. We take the opportunity to get to know our new pilots, shoot the shit, go through the basics & yadayadayada. Beats the hell out of ratting.

tldr:
    I'm having a blast, my fc's are having a blast, flying dangerous is loving syndicate. We are a pvp alliance.
    Clockwork I hope you feel different in the future but tbh & with all respect, I don't care.

On another note:
    Having been through 8 months of constant sov warfare in providence, I lol'd with:
    Won Ton> are you guys ready to be purged from syndicate??
    Then this happened: http://www.figl-alliance.com/?a=kill_re ... l_id=53379
    Training up those pos gunning skills really paid off. Rote dropping caps was icing.

Worst case for figl... we put up another tower? Ahh the beauty of npc space.

Manny

I put my favorite parts in bold.

Clockwork Pineapple is in AAS. We live for pvp but we are horrendously bad at defense fleets so ducking into AAS isn't really a good way to get a fight out of us.
    Yes, but expect FIGL to be on stanby in 6-c all day Friday in the eventuality that a clockwork fleet shows up. lol
    Then later we can all synchronize our .s

What? Battle Royale this friday in 6-C? What should I wear?

Quote Originally Posted by pBump
    Don't worry, we will magically show up right during your prime time.
    that's cute. Our alliance's motd will read:
    "If you're planning on taking out a fleet today keep it in 6-c & whatever you do, don't poke your heads in AAS, it's a bad way to get a fight out of clockwork. They roam so you don't have to.
    Furthermore, if there is taunting in local and no fc present, you will blindly warp to the 6-e gate with whatever ship you're flying, you will not form up with a decent fleet comp.
    In the odd chance that you outnumber the opponent's fleet 2 to 1, you will self destruct half your ships on the gate. If things go sour, you will fight it out till the bitter end, there will be no deaggression jump backs or warp offs."

or i'll just post the short version: "henceforth you will be fighting on your opponent's terms".
    I'm obviously going to add some style to it by bolding some of the text maybe even coloring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestor Laurenitis
    What? Battle Royale this friday in 6-C? What should I wear?
    Dunno man, sounds to me like it's setting up to be a t1 cruiser showdown. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Manny
    You should amend that to note that even if you outnumber your enemy, they'll have to jump into you to make the above true.

Sat on opposite sides of a gate for about 10 minutes. They had 4 logi, we had 2, they out-ewared us, outnumbered us, out DPSed us...and we still had to jump in.

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a ... l_id=52517

v0v Got a few of them down, several more of them were structure but their overwhelming logi were too much for us as our DPS thinned, and eventually one of our two logi disconnected and our lone logi couldn't keep up with their damage so we were dropping like flies and we decided it was time to abandon the field.

Thanks for the fight dudes.

I chose not to jump our fleet in because you had logi at range and whatever cloaked I didn't know about... Jumping through is throwing away a fleet.
    Props for you for jumping through to us.... Pretty decent fight on both sides except for our derp Falcon.

Looking forward to more guys.

Tbh, with 4 logis jumping in isn't really throwing away your fleet. You might have lost your falcon (AB fit=derp) right off, but yeah. The only thing we had cloaked was my Rapier, which ultimately was a non-factor in that fight. v0v Thanks for not crossjumping us as we thought you would at least.

yeah, jumping into a gang that you outnumber and out-logi really isn't all that big a handicap, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by TimNeilson
    yeah, jumping into a gang that you outnumber and out-logi really isn't all that big a handicap, tbh.
    Thanks coach, I hope you enjoyed watching from your cloak. Hopefully the popcorn wasn't too soggy.

I saw 17 in local on your side and 17 in my fleet... I figured whatever I didn't see on the gate was either going to come in at range or was cloaked ecm of some sort. Sure I could have jumped us through, but I think we all can agree that jumping into a fleet set up at their optimals isn't a good idea no matter what your fleet looks like. Surprise buttsecks is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher
    Quote Originally Posted by TimNeilson
    Thanks coach, I hope you enjoyed watching from your cloak. Hopefully the popcorn wasn't too soggy.

I saw 17 in local on your side and 17 in my fleet... I figured whatever I didn't see on the gate was either going to come in at range or was cloaked ecm of some sort. Sure I could have jumped us through, but I think we all can agree that jumping into a fleet set up at their optimals isn't a good idea no matter what your fleet looks like. Surprise buttsecks is no fun.
    I'm still confused where the Flying Dangerously name comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden
    I'm still confused where the Flying Dangerously name comes from.
    Irony?