hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 513 of 617 FirstFirst ... 13413463503510511512513514515516523563613 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,260 of 12321

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

It's spectre fleet

They're pretty shit and they keep doing it in this area
    How are you gonna sign up for this and do it but i know the next relic upgrade step.

Rip syndicate

Actual photo of an infamous pilot in FD- waiting ships to warp to his deathstar cyno

Spoiler:
    Last edited by McLovin; January 27 2015 at 11:58:30 AM.
    [04:07:38] Chadrick Frakes > There once was a man named McLovin, who tackled a carrier while rubbin. A hero he is, as his epeen did jizz, with the tears of the capital that was.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Actual photo of an infamous pilot in FD- waiting ships to warp to his deathstar cyno

Spoiler:
    "Sorry. This person moved or deleted this image." God damn it McLovin sort this shit out.

Hey. I'm running for CSM, and I know some of you may be interested in voting for me. Syndicate needs fresh blood, and you aren't going to convince people to move into NPC nullsec while it remains such a terrible place to live. Buff Syndicate a bit, Make NPC null better, and you might just see groups move in and restore the glory days of Syndicate.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...36&find=unread
    http://justforcrits.com/csmx-vic-jefferson/

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Jefferson View Post
    Hey. I'm running for CSM, and I know some of you may be interested in voting for me. Syndicate needs fresh blood, and you aren't going to convince people to move into NPC nullsec while it remains such a terrible place to live. Buff Syndicate a bit, Make NPC null better, and you might just see groups move in and restore the glory days of Syndicate.

Thanks for your time.
    But then where will tink tink get fat?

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Doom crying about people who left OE because he's a horrendous alliance leader (good FC though, when no Hyperions are present.)

Why do any CSM think they'll be proposing ideas or making anything specific happen, that CCP doesn't plan to work on??
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Why do any CSM think they'll be proposing ideas or making anything specific happen, that CCP doesn't plan to work on??
    It's typical when running for CSM to listen to the things that past CSM members say in public over and over about a hundred times, but Vic over there cuts his own channel. You can't tell him how to live his life, man.

In Syndicate.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I don't think I would be. Anything I say is just illustrative so you know where I stand on things. The question you have to ask yourself is, am I familiar enough with the ills I highlight to be a representative of players like you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Jefferson View Post

Thanks for your time.
    Vic Jefferson: The Hero of Syndicate!

Shit, Vic, was totes going to give you my vote but then I remembered you left the noble small gang tribe of LUE and have become a g0nn, which I simply cannot support. We all know that mittens and his string pulling puppet master powersa will twist your arm into aiding the blob and bringing back the tech empire of old.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlathos View Post
    Shit, Vic, was totes going to give you my vote but then I remembered you left the noble small gang tribe of LUE and have become a g0nn, which I simply cannot support. We all know that mittens and his string pulling puppet master powersa will twist your arm into aiding the blob and bringing back the tech empire of old.
    Not sure if serious, but I was initially happy that there was a Syndicate candidate, then I saw the corp and went :nope:

Quote Originally Posted by LeoniaTavira View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlathos View Post
    Not sure if serious, but I was initially happy that there was a Syndicate candidate, then I saw the corp and went :nope:
    I was maybe 40% serious. I know Vic does almost exclusively fly in Synd with groon and sometimes SV, and probably only joined waffe for the services and reimbursment, but the connection is still there and I'd need to be convinced (it wouldn't be hard, if I'm honest) that he isn't going to fold to pressure from the alliance and will actually focus on NPC null and small gang/first steps out of hisec as he implies.

A buff to NPC null or at least bringing the shit NPC null into line with the (at least claimed) isk availability in Guristas missions would be pretty dope, though. It'd be nice to see more movement through syndicate.

I am not an endorsed candidate.
    I am campaigning almost exclusively to NPC null and lowsec. I don't really have block votes of any sort.
    I have next to zero expertise in Sov Affairs, and thus would be hesitant to voice any opinion on sov matters - my opinions aren't worth much as they are not exceptionally informed.
    Every group active in Syndicate makes at least some of their cash somewhere else, because there is none to be had there really. I can't really follow clockwork into FW due to standings, nor could I get away with doing level 5s. This is indeed part of the problem that I wish to at least highlight if elected. FW lowsec can support a rabid pvp appetite, Syndicate at least, not so much.

I may go on a strat op or two from time to time, but Syndicate is home. My two highest systems for kills are AAS-8R and Barleguet, and more than anything, I want to see another Barleguet arise. I had high hopes for Thera, and admittedly I have not been there in a bit, but after the first few awesome days, it seemed to have degenerated into nothing but wormhole and station camps, instead of wholesale carnage.

I realize the tag is toxic to a lot of voters, but, its a label. Judge the candidate's opinions and thought processes for what they are.

Tech II logi frigates need to be a thing
    T1 frig logi is already too strong. That would need to be worked out before a T2 comes up.

Basically, I am against anything new in High Sec – High Sec is fine.
    That's really a bittervet thinking man, seriously. Example of something cool: The fights for DED sites need to happen.

I like your general proposal for NPC null (damn, everyone has been talking the same thing since forever) .

But... I would also propose a nerf to moons in lowsec and npc null. (lol, I'll be rekt for saying this)
    Last edited by McLovin; January 29 2015 at 01:40:08 AM.
    [04:07:38] Chadrick Frakes > There once was a man named McLovin, who tackled a carrier while rubbin. A hero he is, as his epeen did jizz, with the tears of the capital that was.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

Basically, I am against anything new in High Sec – High Sec is fine.
    That's really a bittervet thinking man, seriously. Example of something cool: The fights for DED sites need to happen.
    Yeah, potentially pretty bitter thinking. I realize no matter what you do, you can't move that much of the population out of Hi Sec, but I feel like adding more stuff to Hi Sec is just enabling this syndrome further. Brave had the right idea of how to get people started in this game, Low Sec just may not have been ready for them at the time. One of the most common complaints I hear about EvE in general is that you will roam for hours, solo or small gang, and find nothing. I'm sure we are all used to it, but it's just something that's so unappealing versus other games out there. Low Sec and NPC null can feel so empty at times, and adding new stuff to Hi Sec just seems like more reason to keep more of the population there. People should be left wanting by what Hi Sec has to offer, and they should be able to find better rewards quickly in Low and NPC null, regardless of skill points.

Suicide Ganking in Hi Sec is fun. It just shouldn't be the bread and butter of piracy as it is now - in an ideal world, Low Sec and NPC null would be the places you go to make a hit...but as it is, no population, and so that concentrates the antagonists into Hi Sec too. It's sad to see a game with ideas and potential as big as EvE center so much on Hi Sec. At the same time, you can't blame some content creators for working their magic almost exclusively in Hi Sec, as that's where the population is.

It's a zero sum game. Population in Hi Sec is population that is not elsewhere.

Just a thought: quite a bit of bittervets are unsubbing and going inactive. Perhaps it would be something for CCP to consider, helping to slow bittervet-syndrome?
    “What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.”
    - Sun Tzu

Hi Vic Jefferson. Thanks for the bounty.

What if you succeed in making Syndicate systems worth more, and, for example, RF-GGF ends up at -0.8 security with lots of high-value rats, officer spawn chances, and R64 moons... and some SOV entity with a carebear "no PvE with neuts in local" attitude, with supers at their disposal, comes in and pushes out CAS in order to supplement their income? (When I first started playing I wondered what was up with SOV null, having heard more about the giant fleet battles than any other aspect of the game. I looked at the map at regions like Branch, with a significant number of systems below -0.5 security, hundreds of thousands of NPC kills per 24hrs - and very very few ship kills. And the thought occurred to me that as much as forum posters like to deride highsec carebares, it's actually SOV null that's home to the carebears, and that SOV null appears to be much safer than highsec as long as you're blue to the owning entity.) It seems like we already have examples of Syndicate residents being blue to other groups in the area - why wouldn't that become even more common if Syndicate's value went up and the ISK-making opportunities increased?

In other words, what's to prevent a Syndicate that becomes valuable from simply becoming an ISK farming region instead of a PvP region?

For what it's worth, I like the concept of NPC null the best of all the regions of EVE - free-for-all rules without CONCORD or gate-gun interference, or sec status concerns, where any pilot can dock up in any station in order to rep up or stage replacement ships, where you don't have to worry about your POS being blown up like in wormholes...

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Stan View Post
    , comes in and pushes out CAS in order to supplement their income?
    Take it from Usurper, you cannot be "pushed out" of Syndicate. You can only cave under pressure. Ask Brave... They tried, and look where they are now.

There are ways of making Syndicate valuable without encouraging SOV blocs to move in. For those groups, SOV is the only thing that can give them enough income (both at the alliance level and individual member level). Because of moons, and upgraded industry and ratting systems... And now, jump changes that make the outskirts of SOV very safe for PVE.

Giving Syndicate more profit moons would not change anything except to make the wealthy even more wealthy. There are 2 maybe 3 entities off the top of my head that already own the majority of those moons in Syndicate and the outlying areas. Give them a month or so, and they would get the new ones if they were added. Nothing changes.

Increase the attractiveness of NPC null, more people move in, more people, more sandbox.
    “What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.”
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Tadaruwa View Post
    Just a thought: quite a bit of bittervets are unsubbing and going inactive. Perhaps it would be something for CCP to consider, helping to slow bittervet-syndrome?
    Dissecting what makes a vet go bitter is pretty big topic. The short answer is to address things which literally suck the fun out of the game, or make it too boring and repetitive. I tend to think that the majority of us like being a little bitter for no reason, as good aged things tend to be - beer, cheese, wine. However, people are pretty hardy - as long as they have fun comps to fly, they can generally fend off bittervet syndrome; right now comps are pretty boring, so I'd pin bitterness mostly on ship balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Stan View Post
    In other words, what's to prevent a Syndicate that becomes valuable from simply becoming an ISK farming region instead of a PvP region?
    So, first, I don't think any region should be purposed 'for' something specifically - that's the antithesis of the sandbox. This is sort of what we have now, where people make ISK in one region or activity, and use those ships elsewhere, thus depleting local content. I.E. lowsec is 'for' taking your gang through and finding a fight, rather than a place to live. Industry should be more viable in Syndicate, and in Low Sec in general - It just makes no sense to do under the current levels of risk vs reward. The partitioning we have of activities is potentially one of the most detrimental things happening.

Bottom up income is the answer. More or more valuable moons would just feed the stagnation we have going on - it takes an established group to rip one out, and alliance level income is not conducive to empowering new groups. Tags and Mordu spawns are sort of the thing where it is active, puts people out in space, and is hard to maintain a monopoly on it entirely passively. Further buffs to LP stores wouldn't hurt either. The new sleeper anoms seem to be worth some cash too. Just more general suff in space that actively generates conflict and income. New rats or NPC null specific anoms or sites, perhaps tags to give faction standing tags, or have a different loot table. I'm sure I'm going to get absolutely flamed for this, but a deployable that prevents a POS from sending notificaitons would absolutely be hilarious at stopping some of the remote empires we have, and could really give a tool to a small group that just wants a few systems in a pocket.

Think about it from the perspective of a new player - His options are train up for a mission boat for Hi Sec (BAD), join FW (good, but glues the character to the standings trap forever), or join a sov-null alliance. Joining a Sov alliance is a double edged sword, as small gang content can be harder to find, and people can become quite bored in larger fleets. I mean yeah there are squads/sigs like SV, but lots of people I know seem quite disenfranchised by how stagnant and forced content can be in Sov null, but if they decided to try an NPC null lifestyle, they would not have even a sliver of the income or the support they get in a large alliance. While Low still needs work, it's NPC null which just has absolutely no way to support many players or small groups of new players.

Syndicate has had it's share of the blue doughnut already, even without increased income, so I do see this hazard. However, it's NPC null - so long as you have a station to stage out of and dock, I have every faith that CAS (or any other organized, small group) would relish the chance to harass and wage a guerilla war on a larger entitiy that wasn't made for the mean streets of Syndicate. People rat in deep sov becasue it is safe, and npc stations ensure that the space will never really be safe. You cannot be evicted. Income should be a result of living in the space, not planting flags.