hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 617 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Re: Syndicate 09/04/11 - ongoing

[tell] me about Veto and how long they plan to stay in TXW. Obviously they are blued up with Rote.

Also for my own amusement if Veto could start posting their loss mails on Rote's board, the Kermit's and :fry:'s would be the highlight of my work day.

Quote Originally Posted by pBump
    [tell] me about Veto and how long they plan to stay in TXW. Obviously they are blued up with Rote.

Also for my own amusement if Veto could start posting their loss mails on Rote's board, the Kermit's and :fry:'s would be the highlight of my work day.
    Dunno how long their vacation is planned, or if its even a vacation. I tried to pre-oppologize to DROOG for having blues in syndicate, but veto have been blue with rote pretty much since the alliance was created, lolrp.

We're actually pretty anal about non-rote kills/losses on our board. For stat tracking versus specific alliances. If we have someone else's kills or losses posted, when we look up their efficiency according to our KB it will (ideally) display their efficiency against those people and not just rote.

when you dont hold sov, you can take your killboard really fucking seriously

but you're right. HML vagabond would be kermited to fuck (see: LURCH)

For those who don't F5 our killboard, we abuse comments like theres no tomrrow, to the point where our admin was nice enough to add images. If you fuck up badly, people post [kermit] which is a kermit goatse. What isnt obvious however is that it ties to your forum username, and below your avatar there is a kermit face for every one you've received. Dirty laundry gets aired on the killboard, weak members we didnt want anyways often quit over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leboe
    [tell] me about Veto
    lolrp.
    This is almost entirely it. Rote has traditionally been horrible with in-theater-blues (out of theater blues are nice, and make us feel connected to the world without actually having to "not kill the carrier because it's an alt of a blue").

Before Rote existed, STIM had perhaps 4 blues, which persisted into the alliance, largely based on RP and piracy. Of those, one joined and disbanded, one blew up when Bacc said mean things publicly, one is busy being pirates somewhere else v0v, and Veto is now visiting.

What I can say more USEFULLY about VETO is that all the eve-o hurf about them not logging in, being an out-to-pasture player, etc, is all bullshit. Those guys are active looking for PVP every time i'm online... they have USTZ/AUTZ bodies who are hungry for fights... I had thought they were all EUTZ, but v0v. For better or worse, you can expect more bodies around North Syndicate, and I think we are all better off for that. Not sure if this means we would ever have numbers to skirmish with ares/rnk, who generally only force project during EUTZ or odd "lets try to bridge rote supers" CTA's, but hopefully so.

Anything which leads to more wrecks in Syndicate is good for us all, IMO.

your welcome to look at our own killboard if you care too http://veto.griefwatch.net/

Not up there yet myself, rl+work getting in the way but i am looking forward to adding to the chaos. We have been needing a vacation from lowsec for a while. This will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by High Sierra
    HERE! YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING ELSE! TAKE MY PANTS!

Believe it or not, the single, biggest issue in our alliance is how to stop people from trolling too much on kb/local/forums/etc.
    Hey, I just met you,
    and this is crazy
    but here's my number,
    so call me, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius Longinus

What I can say more USEFULLY about VETO is that all the eve-o hurf about them not logging in, being an out-to-pasture player, etc, is all bullshit. Those guys are active looking for PVP every time i'm online... they have USTZ/AUTZ bodies who are hungry for fights... I had thought they were all EUTZ, but v0v. .
    From my experience, the reputation about them not undocking often when they were in Goinard is sadly true. Honestly, I've only had one encounter with VETO in their home system in the last 6 months - Harbinger vs some sort of AB Stabber, then Verone undocked in a Archon + some corpmates in Sniper Battleships to save the Stabber, out of the 20-30 times I've passed through. Mostly it's Shadow Cartel I skirmish with.

To be fair, I have fought them a few times out of Goinard when they were roaming though, seem to have more roams out and about in recent times.

The move to Syndicate definitely seems to have its intended purpose of reinvigorating them - just by having a quick look through their killboard they've had at least 15 kills a day so far in Syndicate (albeit it's only been a few days). Compare this to a few weeks ago when there are days with no kills/losses, somewhat strange for a 150 man corporation.

So yeah, props to VETO for actually stepping up their game, didn't think they had it in them TBH.

to summarize my CEO, its been a hard year for us, were an older group of players, several weddings, deployments, issues with housing due to market collapse. Also our play style has stayed very very similar to what it was when the corp was founded. Our tactics changed but we as a corp did not, and lowsec has gone from a place where you could make a living as a pirate to a place thats all about fights, more often than not being blobed or escalation; something we just dont do. Its no shock people dont get fights in our home system, either were online and undocked or were doing something else, lots of people stay logged in while at work or school some are doing RP related stuff as well.

This vacation is exactly that, were not going to work at being pirates as hard, were going to have fun, were going to kill shit.

Veto never dies, we shed the dead weight, bring on new blood, and keep being Veto. Also... we never mattered, perception of us being :awesome: was just that.

Quote Originally Posted by High Sierra
    HERE! YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING ELSE! TAKE MY PANTS!

either were online and undocked or were doing something else, lots of people stay logged in while at work or school some are doing RP related stuff as well.
    Living in TXW for about a week or so a few weeks back flying with Rote I saw Veto once, a full gang of them, killed a carrier in low sec with them, good times.
    Living in Goinard (Veto's former? home system) for the last 2 weeks flying with Shadow Cartel I've seen Veto undocked in space only once more, we had a gang, they had a gang, we had a skirmish, killed a few of their canes and they disengaged and left. again good times.

Never saw them in space or any other place other than in station any other time in the ~month i've had contact with them, with either their allies or enemies.

just a fwiw post on the topic.

We had a little punch-up against Immoral Degen/M2O/Excuses last night.

(The killboard is weird here: Fight was an 18 on 22, but a seperate few kills in a related system will cloud the related if you properly include the adjacent system. Here is that fucked up link anyways)

They chased us from 57- on a rescue op for a gang that got disco'ed in that CCP router fail the other day with a 22ish man mixed fleet. We were 13, and very poorly comped, so we sprinted back to TXW to reship for goodfights~ except, even as gang grew to 18 as we came to our home system, it wasn't even close to fair. I normally handicap people about 10-25% on numbers (so we needed about 17 against like a FA or widot fleet of the same size), but these guys are BAAAADs. Check out some of those fits. I mean, none of them are good. Their most reasonable fit is a Apoc without a prop mod. This man undocked this ship to pvp.

I'm not one of those fitting elitist faggots (all the rest of stim is), but if ID/M2O/Excuses is reading this, you guys CAN'T fit like this and expect to win at even 2:1 odds. I'll try to infiltrate you with an alt and see if I can't run some fleets to help you with this stuff. :/ I want you to stay in Syndicate, but it won't work out at this rate.

Fits like that usually indicate attrition. Basically they're running out of money/ships/fittings. Sometimes you will see fit's like that undock in an effort to simultaneously collect insurance while having a bit of fun.

Lith

I don't know how to explain that phoon. Same pilot lost a Hurricane an hour or so later that was similarly fit.

http://rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a=kil ... l_id=52109

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchanalian
    I don't know how to explain that phoon. Same pilot lost a Hurricane an hour or so later that was similarly fit.

http://rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a=kil ... l_id=52109
    In fairness I chatted with this individual after this kill. It was quite clear that he had been roped into coming to 0.0 by his corp well before he was ready to do so. I gave him some sage advice about the proper ways to make isk and learn pvp and wished him well. Im turning into a softie in my old age.

http://rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a=...d&kll_id=52355

Half an hour before the the tower was supposed to be hit, we got covops eyes into system and 45 minutes later watched DROOG cynoing onto a station in 6-C, their target system.

It shortly became apparent that they didnt have much of a support fleet and that we could have a bridge available, we grabbed RRBS because fleet started small and grew, no time to organize a proper guardian:dps ratio. Carriers at the ready as well.

[ 2011.05.16 00:39:03 ] *** > apoc, archon, geddonx2, domi, drake, guardianx4, morosx2, nidhoggur, phoenix3, tengux2, thannyx3, phoon
    They warped onto the tower, started incapping guns without sieging. We started moving over a light dictor and cyno damnnation through lowsec to hold on the MHC gate until the dreads sieged. a few of them started so we called to start going over there. This exposed a hole in our plan, as there were neutrals in the 3 jumps between our dictor/cyno and target. We got SUPER lucky that they never engaged us and were able to keep going. There was also a bubble on the inbound gate, further slowing us down.

Bubble apparently had "good coverage" but the way we set up our sling warpin (using the covops and ranges) forced the bubble to be within smartbomb range of the carriers. The initial bubble was cleared from the field and most capitals made it out. I forget how many dreads had been called in siege at what times, probably fucking around in the 3 jumps to dest fucked us.

Everything cynoed/bridged onto grid, with a designated capital and subcapital target caller (I was dualboxing mega/nid and delegated both to people who were using 1 client only) A problem arose here in that having both on the same comms was crazy~ and neither person chose to use broadcasts. This was further compounded by client lockups as we jumped in, slowing down target callers.

Subcaps had fun trying to target ships that were inside the shield as most DROOG subcaps had left (no surprise) We then got our supers out ASAP, and warped battleships off as carriers cynoed out. Uneventful trip home.

More background junk: I consider DROOG to be chill brosefs in syndicate because they are one of the few longterm residents who are here to PVP. Maybe I've ruined the relationship I've established with them, we'll see. I streamed black watch's TS to them once BW had moved out of D85 and closer to DROOG. In the initial convo with them I made it clear that only the dudes listed in our alliance description could be trusted on temp-blue issues.

Capital kapelle needs is gay we will not turn into cry havoc goddamnnit.

FWIW, they were johnny-on-the-spot with the gtfo. When I popped cyno, there were 10 caps on field. When I loaded grid with the Nyx and started locking caps, there were 3. Dodging that camp's sling bubble and then burning out of the anchored bubble (woo 800m/s overloaded MWD Damnation!) cost us several minutes and ultimately more dread kills as they were able to drop out and leave. Tbh, had they been less derp and sieged together, they'd have all died, so I guess in some odd way, they saved most of their dreads that way since we waited for the call that all of them were sieged to start moving.

Also, local was somewhat amusing given that lots of cereal bowls were being pissed in:

[01:11:40] Karyiia > ruh roh
    [01:12:27] Slavn > BRING IT ON ROTE
    [01:12:48] Dekatris > rote, you are helping these people?
    [01:13:09] Sakura Nihil > We're getting cap kills is what we're getting
    [01:13:24] Dekatris > doesn't count if they are ours
    [01:13:29] Aloe Cloveris > well, finish that pos off while you're here, tia
    [01:13:30] argleblargle > you glorious bastards
    [01:13:34] Dekatris > it's like killing a retarded baby
    [01:13:36] Dekatris > too easy

Welp.

I suppose in a way we should have seen this coming. We were well aware you guys had supers and a titan. This POS shot wasn't my show, which is good cause I was too busy derping a 1.1 billion ISK Tengu to POS guns. I honestly can't imagine a more appropriate ship for a POS shot. Especially when everyone else is in Armor.

Loss mail for your amusement.

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=24819

The jury is still out on how butt hurt we are at being dropped after giving you guys a heads up/asking for help. Personally I give no fucks. The only downside really is that we clearly won't be bat phoning you guys in on anything in the future, which is a shame cause there may be a some golden opportunities lost. (Like killing Wi-Dot or R&K + Huzzah)

It was well played by you guys, at least with an eye on the short term.

Yeah, well past time in fact.

Currently the plan is to train (back) to all V's Tengu, Finish 19 days on Recon V, Do the 20 day train to a Command ship IV Nighthawk, and then start up the Minmatar line. (Since I refuse to ever train Battleships. Ever)

So this will be the summer of Hurricanes and Vagabonds! The loss mails should be glorious.

Yeah, well past time in fact.

Currently the plan is to train (back) to all V's Tengu, Finish 19 days on Recon V, Do the 20 day train to a Command ship IV Nighthawk, and then start up the Minmatar line. (Since I refuse to ever train Battleships. Ever)

So this will be the summer of Hurricanes and Vagabonds! The loss mails should be glorious.
    Train the T2 Minmatar guns and get into the cane, finish of the rest of your plan then do Minmatar Cruiser V for the Vaga... will give you plenty of time to derp canes so by the time you can fly the vaga you'll find it absolutely glorious.

PSA: At the end of the day, Rote is an NBSI entity. Make sure someone in the alliance description is in on the tempblue negotiations (not that I saw any such thing), otherwise, I hear Centra Spike can get you a Mom cheap, if you pay half up front.

<3 Groon.

I wasn't in on the specifics of the discussion between Tim and Leboe. From what I gather Tim had a previously establish relationship there. If your PSA can be summed up to say 'lol you talked to the wrong guy in Rote so we're blameless in hot dropping you after you asked for help/cooperation' That's pretty weak.

I'd stick with 'HAHA we got you good!'

I hope people don't hate on Tim but I did warn you

?[ 2011.05.12 02:59:55 ] leboe > I dont see any problems tempblueing for cap kills. We honour standings and stuff when theyre set by an official diplo (the 3 people named in our alliance description are the only people you can trust for stuff like that)
    [ 2011.05.12 03:00:41 ] TimNeilson > yeah you're the only actual contact I really ahve in you guys
    ?[ 2011.05.12 03:01:00 ] leboe > yeah, i'm relaying this in our FC channel, but if the time came to offiically set standings only a few people can do it
    ?[ 2011.05.12 03:01:05 ] leboe > the rest are allowed to scam :P

edit: They hotdropped our roaming gang saturday night in CR, so I was mad.