hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 611 FirstFirst 12345671454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Re: Syndicate 09/04/11 - ongoing

How much is it to hire Lord Maldoror as a war correspondent? So like if I give you TS recordings and fraps of fleet fights, you can do a BR if the price is right? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror
    We don't roam Syndicate with a zillion Guardians though, that would be silly - if you see us moving with that kind of stuff it's because we found a big fleet to portal on and we're on the way home. It's not our main area of operation, either. A lot of the local conflict is smaller scale (the report before mine links to ten people shooting a hurricane, for example). But sometimes big groups are active, especially around moons.
    It's unfortunately become your trademark around Syndicate, however. I know my guys won't willingly engage even a lone RnK unless they're feeling incredibly frisky because 99 times out of 100 that we do, a cyno opens and our 5 guys get triage carriered to death, or local spikes by 40 and 15 of the 40 are guardians. It's really a shame, too, because you have some great pilots and we often see even-sized fleets from you, but we're either unwilling to engage because we're wondering how many guardians/archons are going to materialize the moment we redbox, or you're without the logistics support and wondering how long before we bring out our own capitals because ever since we killed/attacked a few of yours with supers that seems to be what your guys expect (if the comments in local are to be believed).

Anyway, tl;dr, I'd love to get into some toe-to-toe boxing matches with RnK, especially seeing as we're neighbors, but fighting the fleets you all put together is pointless and suicidal.

In any case, fun battlereports to read, even if I do agree with the earlier sentiments. Ya'll have your meta and you execute it well, more power to ya.

And good luck on the self-destruct campaign tbh, let us know if you need more voices added to it. Have had a good few QUAM folks do it to us in the past (not to mention that goddamned Nyx last year), and have always been pleasantly surprised to find that RnK's capitals don't self-destruct even when their situation is utterly hopeless.

The problem that you point out is basicly summarized by saying you can't have it all. I sometimes enjoy doing small scale stuff as well (though i'm admittedly not the best solo/small scale pilot, prolly also due to the lack of exercise). But its indeed difficult for one of our roaming gangs to get a fight since people, somehow understandably look for the trap.
    The point is though: we're prolly quite good at what we do and ofc people enjoy doing what they're good at. I understand a lot of people despise logis as one of the key factors that unbalance smaller fights but i genuinely enjoy flying them and our kind of playstyle caters this. And while you certainly need the logi blob to engage a mixed alpha drake gang of 100+ bringing 12+ guards is certainly overkill for any entity in Syndicate atm.

What i want to say is: i understand that RK won't engage us willingly even if we have just some roaming gang out (difficult to discern for an outsider which gang is not a bait obviously) - what i don't understand sometimes is the idiotic smack (again that's something both sides have been guilty of in the past).

Quote Originally Posted by Mesh M
    what i don't understand sometimes is the idiotic smack (again that's something both sides have been guilty of in the past).
    Little bit of ~umad~ on both sides I suspect. Some of our guys are pretty hurf about losing a solo ship with 7 R&K guardians on the mail, and from what I have gathered from the smack coming from the R&K camp, apparently us throwing a Nyx or two at the infamous triage Archon drops in our home system means we supercap drop everything all the time. v0v

What ya gonna do. Stereotypes exist for a reason I suppose. Live and let live I suppose. Anyway, enough derail from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Pellegrino
    If for some reason you guys don't plan making a Clarion Call 3, just let me know and I can do the editing!
    It would be such a waste if these clips only end up on youtube.
    Don't worry, there will certainly be a Clarion Call 3 I'll be starting work on that soon. Whether a fight like this would end up on it is a totally different matter - but I will try and do more with all my footage at some point. Right now it usually serves just to get a screenshot to flesh out a battle report. Plus, I'm scared to navigate to that side of Explorer after not having bought shares in Western Digital.

Thanks for all the comments, too. I appreciate it. However, the fights are still of the size and kind where individuals can regularly make a difference in turning it, and their actions shape the narrative of a good fight, so credit is equally theirs, really.

Lord's BRs are quite literally the hilight of the Syndicate thread. For anybody aspiring to write engaging and entertaining battle reports, it's the narrative that lifts them above the generic "then we dropped some triage carriers on them and they whelped lololol" stuff that is generally this forums bread and butter. Internet spaceship Rock & Roll.

ANYWAY. now i'm done fellating Lord, Syndicate's dynamic seems to have changed dramatically over the last few weeks and i'm struggling to read the blurred lines (let alone between them) so for the sake of Interested Parties such as myself, could somebody briefly outline wtf is happening in everybodys favorite npc space clusterfuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Namamai
    After a rocky start by moving in next door to us, they're currently fighting with Ares Protectiva over the EF-F36 pocket, with us taking snipes when we're active.
    To complete this information we (ARISE) just destroyed their staging POS in EF-, after they apparently packed up stuff to move to 0T- pocket this night, 4:00 ET, joining Excuses + Immoral Degenerates + Wayfarer Stellar Initiative (Stones inc. corp) forces in the area.
    They are all blue to each other, we then can suppose they could be supported by punctual WIdot hotdrops.

Also, <3 LM's BR.

Quote Originally Posted by ry ry
    Syndicate's dynamic seems to have changed dramatically over the last few weeks and i'm struggling to read the blurred lines (let alone between them) so for the sake of Interested Parties such as myself, could somebody briefly outline wtf is happening in everybodys favorite npc space clusterfuck?
    Northwest Syndicate: In flux.
    * TXW-EI is still Rote's base for roaming; the surrounding systems hold some local ratters/farmers that we try to coax out for fights now and then.
    * Means To Oppression moved into 5-FGQI, next door to us; they provided some great fights initially, but clammed up after welping a few carriers that they had warped to gates. They initially tried to move into the EF-F36 pocket, where Ares Protectiva lives, but reports say they're being pushed out of there as well.
    * Immoral Degenerates moved into the OT-AMZ pocket, but they may have moved out now; we haven't seen them in space in a week or so. Means To Oppression may be moving there now.
    * No idea who, if anyone, is living in the VSIG-K pocket.

Northeast Syndicate: Quiet.
    * The blue pair of Unaffiliated and Legio continue to live in LSC4-P, doing camps in the one or two systems around them; they recently acquired a titan and have started doing RRBS bridging in addition to their usual hot-drop tactics, so we've been ignoring/blueballing them.
    * I haven't seen Erebus Alliance in months; they used to live in 9GYL, but I think they've either dissolved or moved out. In either case, I'm not sure who lives in the 9GYL pocket now.

Southeast Syndicate: Noisy but stable.
    * Unknown Entity moved back into FD-MLJ, which looked somewhat promising for activity; however, they've now joined STLR and are doing joint games with WIDOT.
    * Flying Dangerous continues to live in 6-CZ, doing impressive camps of the Reblier gate. We see BC/HAC fleets from them roaming on occasion, but haven't really gotten ~~goodfites~~ out of them in quite a while.
    * What's left of Huzzah Federation still lives in PC9-AY. Goodfights.
    * I think Clockwork Pineapple still lives in AAS. Also goodfights.
    * Dark Plague Alliance lives in KTHT, but I don't really have a good feel for them. I almost never see them outside of that system, and when I've seen them, they've been sitting on their station at 0 with logistics support, so we haven't given them the time of day.

Southwest Syndicate: Also pretty quiet.
    * Raven Federation and Legion of the Damned live in the S-U8A4 pocket, and by all reports, spend all their time carebearing; they dock or cloak whenever we come to play If there's any activity in this area that someone knows of, feel free to correct me.

Southwest Syndicate: Also pretty quiet.
    * Raven Federation and Legion of the Damned live in the S-U8A4 pocket, and by all reports, spend all their time carebearing; they dock or cloak whenever we come to play If there's any activity in this area that someone knows of, feel free to correct me.
    o/,

It's a bit false information, Raven Federation has been thrown away from it, there are only few left. I think becouse they were unable to carebear anymore.

Legion of damned shows only a bit activity there, mainly undock games.

Not intentionally false, just the last thing I saw/read - if you've got more detail on who's active down there, speak up

Hello.

We had a few fights with Raven and as far as I know they are in low sec.

Oceanis

like some others I stopped lurking and registered here just to say how much I enjoy the report.

Widot: 1 titan, 7 Supercarriers (6 Nyx, 1 Wyvern), 6 dreads (3 Revelation, 2 Moros, 1 Naglfar), 9 Carriers (3 Chimera, 3 Thanatos, 2 Archons, 1 Nid) = 23 caps (including 8 supers).

RnK: 25 Battleships, 12 Guardians, CS, 4 dictors
    I agree with the guy who thought you were bit crazy to jump in but its nice to see supercap blobs can't stop everything

(If I get the time, I'll try to add some pictures to this report from the Fraps, since it won't likely see use anywhere else)
    Any chance of still getting this pics ?

Well, it was fun, but suffered a bit from us being in a rush to catch the caps on the tower. Something like a Bhaal would've made the neuting more effective in that environment and we all know links is in love with his one (as i'm with mine but I've been somewhat forcefully married with my guardian, so to speak ).

Edit - sorry, misclick. Was linking Portable Decoy's vid for the other thread; it's on the low sec thread. It can serve as compensation for me being behind on pics on the last BR

Quote Originally Posted by Dwallden
    Any chance of still getting this pics ?
    I'll try and do the pics later on, no promises though :P

I am getting the distinct feeling that UKNEW is currently composed of no-more-than three active members. Their ships, fits, and plays suggest that they are more interested in achieving their goals through sheer attrition than domination. Kahn's last death was in a suicide cane with "5" ECCM modules so that he could get 2 unjammed volleys off on a sabre. I'm just waiting for them to pull out the SBomb Bships. Aegis last died in a stealth bomber attempting to bomb the same sabres. I feel kinda bad watching it because they're not bad pilots when compared to some of the other residents.

The only thing that hasn't really changed is their ability to smack in the face of superior numbers, tactics, and pilots. FD/PF local has been cheerful as of late.

Lith

I'm not sure what you want them to do about it, they simply don't have the numbers to deal with the amount of falcons you put on the field, and I'm not sure they ever did. I don't expect you to decloak when I bring a gang through either, I just don't generally poast about it. Not sure why I'm white knighting UNEW though

So I guess the takeaway is that Lithia is back in FD-, and I have to yell at our newbs again. Context, for those not aware, is that Lithia and his crew of merry alts, is highly effective at keeping PF- cleared of solo/very-small-gang pilots through the aggressive use of cloaking sabres, creative dps, and falcons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesh M
    What i want to say is: i understand that RK won't engage us willingly even if we have just some roaming gang out (difficult to discern for an outsider which gang is not a bait obviously)
    If it's an armour gang then you can't tell, but when there was nothing on I do remember doing a lot of nano shield stuff as well... I know that was often just us in TSW but it wasn't always.

I would say if you see an RnK shield fleet then it's highly unlikely to be bait.

Just some skrimish around SU, 6u.

Legion of Damned finaly decided to fight Finis Terrae and Yarrr and Co. Ofcourse they had to have more . We fought them for an hour. Until we run out of Ammo, lol.

http://finisterrae.eve-syndicate.net/?a ... ll_id=3438

They were trying to break couple of times and run away, but we kept they vital ships pointed. Shame on us we didnt finish the carrier . Next time we will go with viator and additional ammo.

[tell] me about Veto and how long they plan to stay in TXW. Obviously they are blued up with Rote.

Also for my own amusement if Veto could start posting their loss mails on Rote's board, the Kermit's and :fry:'s would be the highlight of my work day.