hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 23 of 617 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373123523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Registration Victory! \o/

Hey folks, I thought I would drop in a say hi. I've immensely enjoyed reading this thread, both for the content and the congeniality.

I did want to throw up our side of the lol-drop on the RK gang that came through. We were hot-dropped in 97X by some group called The Silent Ones while engaging a Raven BC gang (seemed to be working together)...so we prepped a return party and then couldn't get the 30-strong BC fleet to engage us again after that (that was the group RK was avoiding). RK caught some of our bait group as we were tiredly coming home, and had killed that scorp before we got our tubby BSes turned around. We thought Rote would appreciate the fun (after all, they've dropped by our neck of the woods as well ), but the caps weren't for them. For the most part, we will hardly ever sling caps around. We came to Syndicate for small and medium gang pew pew (this is our 4th time to live down here...we just can't quit you Syndicate!), and it's too easy to be counter-dropped by much bigger folks with many more expensive toys.

Anyway, look forward to seeing everyone around the block.

PS - On the subject of lol-kills, we caught a Narwhal chimera off the ZVN gate in AAS with our battlehauler fleet. We manged to kill all the support and the carrier self-destructed in 1/2 shields.

Battle Report - http://flatline.vagransea.com/killbo...ted&kll_id=412
    Last edited by Gordon Gekko; September 22 2011 at 05:54:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    PS - On the subject of lol-kills, we caught a Narwhal chimera off the ZVN gate in AAS with our battlehauler fleet. We mange to kill all the support and the carrier self-destructed in 1/2 shields.
    That's pretty great. I'm not even damage controlling here - he's been going on in our forums literally for months about how his goal was to lose that Chimera in the Dumbest Way Imaginable (yeah, I ... it's like ... y'know? Yes, I 'get it' ... except I really don't). This was the absolutely the best Dumb Way for him to die (though he could have at least followed through with the comedy lossmail)

Quote Originally Posted by Aloe View Post
    That's pretty great. I'm not even damage controlling here - he's been going on in our forums literally for months about how his goal was to lose that Chimera in the Dumbest Way Imaginable (yeah, I ... it's like ... y'know? Yes, I 'get it' ... except I really don't). This was the absolutely the best Dumb Way for him to die (though he could have at least followed through with the comedy lossmail)
    He was down for the comedy lossmail until they started bringing in the supercaps. He only started the self-destruct since it was obvious they weren't going to kill him with battlebadgers, etc. Which honestly I'm glad for, We have enough terrible carrier losses to people dropping super's with me around.

EDIT: He even had the shield booster off to give you a chance.
    Last edited by Elmnt80; September 22 2011 at 04:34:47 PM.
    Life Universe Everything (LUE) - Clockwork Pinapple

Quote Originally Posted by Elmnt80 View Post
    He was down for the comedy lossmail until they started bringing in the supercaps. He only started the self-destruct since it was obvious they weren't going to kill him with battlebadgers, etc. Which honestly I'm glad for, We have enough terrible carrier losses to people dropping super's with me around.

EDIT: He even had the shield booster off to give you a chance.
    tbf, we were too busy focusing on staying alive by drone-killing to apply the full power of our glorious combined 500 DPS on the carrier. The Chimera wouldn't have gotten away regardless, and dropping in a couple of carriers was faster work than trying to get everyone else into battleships etc and make the jumps back up. The self-destruct was pretty lame if he really wanted to to have a funny lose-mail (after all, it would have been mostly filled with Badgers), but to each their own. We're just glad he brought it to the gate while we scrambled to find a stupid cyno (nearest one was 5 jumps away, and I had already lost the fleet betting pool for how many jumps out from home our fleet was going to die).
    Last edited by Gordon Gekko; September 22 2011 at 05:55:17 PM.

Well just a couple more comments then because ive been giving this subject more and more thought lately as I find myself in a similar situation, hopefully I wont derail this thread too much.

You mentioned you scheduled a vacation one or twice a year and it was a logistical nightmare. I really dont think logistics are an issue quite frankly, what it really comes down to is finding a spot where smaller alliances like ours can actually thrive, as you touched on with the 15 man gang comment. Basically what you need to decide is whether you want to pvp for the fun of roaming or pvp, or whether you get your fun from campaigning or having an impact on the region.

You're right: smaller alliances have an almost impossible task affecting regions when it comes to pos warfare or sov, even just for fights because there is no incentive to have a good fight on the defenders part. Campaigning is how I enjoy EVE the most but that's basically the biggest reason I spend most my time roaming lately as im having a hell of a time finding a similar sized opponent to fight that wont be backed up by some naplist blob (or supercapblob). My impression of ROTE on the other hand is that you are more interested in roaming fights and dont care much about poses or politics. I fear that you guys have gotten so stuck in your ways fearing the blob blueballs that you dont realize, that yes, while populated regions have blobs moving around, they are also where the people are. More people = more defense gangs to fight, more stragglers to kill, more fights to 3way, more pipes to bubble camp, whatever. Honestly worrying less about getting even 15v15 mirror fleet fights and more about turning situations to your advantage and accepting you will fight outnumbered is the best way to find action. Syndicate seems a very isolated region because unlike curse, venal, pureblind, its not really in the middle of any populated areas by comparison. Basically its a comfort zone for people who choose to live there. And thats exactly why I think you should consider leaving.

Before I started my own alliance my corp was living in derelik, we cleaned the region out and moved to the heart of the NC and immediately fell in love with the challenge of the area. Merciless could never have been created as a pvp alliance if we had stayed in a backwater region because my guys are the 5% of EVE that thrive on challenge rather than just winning by any means necessary.

Please dont think im being smug or trying to lecture you, I dont know any of you personally or your alliances; I never have and never would choose to live in syndicate because I feel its a sterile region frankly. Make no mistake, I am endorsing a full move and a complete change in surroundings and maybe even a more daring style of pvp play. You were worried that not everyone would make the move, but I think if you planned it right and gave people some time to adjust youd be surprised by how many people might come back to the game or join up with you guys after seeing you in action. I mean, youve been in syndicate formally for years right? Isnt it time for a change?

Whatever you do or wherever you go, I suggest not sweating the blobs or blueballs as theyre a part of the game and if you have nothing to lose (read: poses, sov), then avoiding them and fighting on your own terms leaves you at no disadvantage at all. Merciless is putting up roaming gangs of above the same size as you and as long as you are willing to choose your battles, there is absolutely a place for smaller professional pvp alliances in EVE...just not when it comes to sov.

double post, delete please
    Last edited by Garst Tyrell; September 22 2011 at 07:49:10 PM.

Oh man, where's my

You seem to think syndicate is isolated to itself, when its really close to fountain (I heard people live there) and CR was quite busy before the anomaly nerf. I believe your perception of the area is way off. Isnt merciless in the process of being forced out of venal and moving to lowsec?

Yeah, but who wants to have another carrier lossmail with a pair of nyxes at the top? Those are so frequent anymore that he would have been just as well served taking that chimera and selfdestructing it on the station.
    Life Universe Everything (LUE) - Clockwork Pinapple

Syndicate is not venal or curse or pure blind. Living next to 1 alliance or 1 bloc (test in this case) is not the same thing as being in a region that is a hub for dozens of alliances large and small. Its not just about gang fights or ctas, its about traffic and solo pvp or carebears. More people in general = more targets and things to do.

Merciless isnt going to lowsec anymore than you are going to jita

Quote Originally Posted by Leboe View Post
    You seem to think syndicate is isolated to itself, when its really close to fountain (I heard people live there) and CR was quite busy before the anomaly nerf. I believe your perception of the area is way off.
    I've spent loads of time in syndicate over the years. I have lived there in three different corps spanning two alliances and several years, so I feel fully qualified to say it's always been shit.

It's eve's crucible, alliances are forged there and alliances go there to lick their wounds and die. There are notable exceptions of course, but they tend to use it simply as a base of operations. Huzzah were the last entity so be satisfied simply ~existing~ in syndicate and they would have been crushed many months earlier had events played out differently.

Rote seem competent, leave syndicate's other residents to fight over it's scraps.

Isnt merciless in the process of being forced out of venal and moving to lowsec?
    I wouldn't count on that happening.

Venal would actually be a great dest for rote btw.
    Last edited by ry ry; September 22 2011 at 11:04:45 PM.

i smell elaborate ploy to get us to leave....

.....i might have stuff left in venal

Yeah I never really understood why Rote bother with Syndicate. When we lived there as 2 or 300 man alliance we had a hard time mustering against them, 15-25 man fleets wasn't such a rare sight for them, is it now? My point is, I don't understand why they would hang out there for so long, as said before, Syndicate is where alliances start out or move to to die... I'd feel I was to big for that region. I'm thinking Venal (which is right now just like Syndicate probably), Fountain, Delve or Curse would suit them a lot better.

Although I don't mind their business. They're not killing off the region, neither are they failcascading or anything.

FWIW, our last two roadtrips were blob central. Three, actually. In Providence, it was right as the whole thing was falling apart, and the only real "small gangs" willing to engage anything were 60+ man defense fleets or the 60+ man Gentlemen's Agreement (small gang PvP experts according to their recruitment ads at one point!) blobs. We wound up wardeccing a bunch of local alliances that were trying to evac and got a lot of ganks and the rare fight from them to entertain ourselves.

Pure Blind was much the same. Finding even a 25 on 15 was rare, though once in a while we could scare up a 45-50 on 30 on a Friday night. Generally we just wound up finding ourselves either blueballed/bored to death as the local NAPfest took two hours to form up a 100+ blob for us, or they'd camp our only entrance to the region with 50+ and keep us out entirely. Again, we lived off of a few wardecs and a lot of ganks with the odd fight here and there.

Curse, similarly, was either fuckoff large 50-80 man gangs or stationfagging Russians that only seemed willing to engage with carrier support. We spent more time roaming to Catch than we did in Curse.

So yeah. In all of the above cases our "small gang" roams were pretty much restricted to nano-only lest we have a fleet of 80 chasing us and we're in armor hacs or BCs that can't get away from their tackle. v0v

We'll keep trying and generally speaking some road trips pan out better than others, but the problems Tim touched on apply to us too. The last road trip in particular, we spent a couple days doing carrier logistics (Curse is a long way from Syndicate), half the alliance went AFK, and not much happened. Pure Blind/Providence at least we had the wardecs to keep us entertained and we still had a lot of fun. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchanalian View Post
    Gentlemen's Agreement
    How is it so hard to not screw this up? :S

:effort:

What'd I fuck up?

OK, so look, I ran rote for years (though now I just run STIM cuz my friends make me cry). Syndicate has been hands down the BEST region for small gang roaming PVP that I've seen. A lot of what you see in this thread is just blurf, because when people get bothered enough to post, it's usually because we just bumped into some balless wonders (an 80 man baddon fleet ran from our 40man dongfleet in Venal last weekend).

Rote pushes out maybe an average of 4-6 gangs a day. Some of these will be 5 man, some will be 15 man. On Friday nights it tends to be 30-40. We have soloers. ALL of these people need action in space, and Syndicate can provide it. The QQ~ around here is about horrible eve meta's which happen everywhere, its just we post more because we are horrible whiners and FHC bittervets and it's our thing. Literally JOB ONE is to provide as near to instant PVP as we can for our members (job two is not failing). So there really is no region but Syndicate for us, long term. Syndicate remains the best place in eve where these people can ALL have a shot at a fight, every day. And as long as I have a say in it, Rote will be basing out of TXW.

Having said that, Roadtrips are always pretty fun. Participation drops, so fleets are smaller and I get happier (I hate FCing big fleets, and I despise logi, which they require). Furthermore, people tend to engage us wherever we go for the first week or so, and we get to clear local losec out of all the horrible people around (it's always like a cornacopia of faction crap to kill). We'll probably be doing that again soonish maybe.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here other than I've done small gang roaming almost everywhere, and historically, Syndicate wins every time, on average; But it does sometimes run hot and cold.

Having said all that, Garst is probably right in that we are in certain ruts, regarding "no sov, no blues, no posses"; However for most of us (and I can't stress this enough) This Is Our Endgame. All we want to do is login and pew. We want gangs out all hours. We want pick up fleets, we want lolfleets, and generally, we want to derp through space, bump into something where we can all explode together, and we want to make ourselves look stupid in local and have some fun doing it.

The pinky-raised space gentlemen can all eat a bag of dicks; We're in it for the lols.

v0v

So, you'll see a lot of bitching here because (for example) Raven Fed pussed out. But Raven Fed gave us a number of good fights lately, as well as some agreed on 1v1's, and you don't see any posts here because people are just quietly happy about it.

During our recent patrol we encountered several law breakers, many of whom were apprehended with extreme prejudice up to and including butt jokes.

Here is the list of crimes committed who were successfully apprehended.

1 count of flying a prohibited vessel. (Stealth Bomber)
    3 counts of assaulting an officer of the peace.
    1 count of speeding.
    1 count of expired tabs.
    1 count of illegal mining.
    1 count of cloaking in a no cloaking zone.
    1 count of warping in a posted "no warping" zone.
    1 count of disturbing the peace, noise complaint.
    3 counts of assisting another in the commition of a crime.

Please be on the lookout for the following still at large criminals who were unable to be apprehended.

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...l&kll_id=57985

Ivy "the lash" Lash.

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...l&kll_id=57987
    http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...l&kll_id=57974

Hans "the ejector" Armstrong.

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...l&kll_id=57963

"The bomber" Volkolov.

Hans "the ejector" Armstrong.

LOL i'm gonna start calling him that on our TS

Quote Originally Posted by Garst Tyrell View Post
    Syndicate! Y U no in Venal?
    Hey Garst, I'm real happy for you and Ima let you finish, but Syndicate is one of the best small gang areas in Eve of all time.

Of all time!

Seriously though, Agony started out in Syndicate sometime before i was born, and has moved all over the place looking for fun. I joined during the second Syndicate period, back in 09. After that, we did Provi, Curse, Lowsec, Venal, Pure Blind and the circle is now complete. We're back home, living in 31-MLU and the small-gang and solo action is great. There is none of the logistics hassle of living in Venal (yeah, Venal is doable, but when you're poor techless bastards like us, it's kinda expensive). Whenever we do a roam, we can reasonably reliably find 10-15 man gangs in our neighborhood. Venal was nice, but then the NC imploded, and it all became about tech and POS bashing with no or close to no small-gang action going on (and by small gang i mean 5-20 man action). And the soloing... well.
    So for us at least, there's no need to hit a POS to get a fight, we can just run around strutting our stuff and someone usually fights us. Which is what we want.

So yeah, I'm happy for you that Venal is picking up again, but I'm also happy for us that Syndicate really hasn't changed much since we left it. Drop by some time, you might have a good time.

(bit late post this, but there was something wrong with the registering. And hi, btw. I've been lurking for a year or so, but finally decided to register.)
    Last edited by glepp; September 26 2011 at 08:07:11 AM.