hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 616 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Also, Lebniz busted our balls with the timeliest jumpout ever.

We did an armor fleet the other night got 20-25 (realistically we had 17 because we had 7!!! people come late in frigates), went down Y9G area because map was showing 25 on map, went down there and got blueballed again by Raven Fed, started heading home. Scout reported a handful of Solar Wing camping the PF- gate in FD-, so we sent in some bait, but they had already fucked off somewhere. Our bait chilled there for a few minutes hoping to get something, but nothing came.

Just as we were getting ready to head home we got reports of a 15 man gang in X-M, including Machariel Claymore and a bunch of BCs. They jump into FD- and warp to the X-B gate without ever putting a scout into X-B (where our fleet was). Machariel and Claymore land on the gate first, Machariel immediately tries to pull range, but gets scrammed by Proteus 10km off gate, so he redboxes. As soon as Machariel redboxes we pile our fleet in to gank it ( we didn't expect them to actually fight, we wanted to nab the Mach and as much other crap as we can before they run). The rest of their fleet warps in just as our fleet jumps in, and to our surprise they start fighting. We manage to kill a large portion of their fleet (due largely to having a retarded amount of inties). Claymore jumped in like half hull or some bullshit like that, couple of BCs got away, but that's about it.

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=55451

Huzzah got reset today, which might spice up Syndicate a little in EU TZ. People will say it's been a while coming but the story on this is that they asked us to help with a POS in Y9G, which had been attacked by Raven Federation. To aid with this, they requested we blue LOTD and Forsaken as well, who are pleasant chaps but nonethless created something absurd to me: 4 alliances against Raven Fed. So we refused to blue LOTD and Forsaken and told Huzzah to go alone, which a director agreed to.

When the time came, however, all parties were present (Huzzah, LOTD, Forsaken) with about 100 guys between two systems and lots of carriers, which was not per our instructions. An explanation was demanded, complete with a threat of reset if none arrived. In response a Huzzah director then tried to remove us from an intel channel (forgetting to remove the operators though) & resets all round.

Sadly for anyone hoping for raging, the reset chat in the channel was rather friendly.

[ 2011.07.20 19:19:40 ] Lord Maldoror > they confirmed and then did the opposite anyway.
    [ 2011.07.20 19:20:20 ] Altetiemann988 > how are you?
    [ 2011.07.20 19:20:34 ] Princess Aricia > I'm just fine, sweety you?
    [ 2011.07.20 19:21:07 ] Altetiemann988 > yes im fine. i log back in today. was 2 weeks afk and now you are not blue^^^

We immediately jumped them with what we had to hand and had a fun fight:

http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboa...d&kll_id=29571

Huzzah lost a lot of ships (52-9) but had the field for a time before eventually ending up camped by us into PC9, when we jumped Agent in (third triage). We shot a few of their towers to try and get them to continue the fight but they didn't bite.

At the start of the year we set Huzzah blue after they couldn't fight us anymore but had earned our respect & affection, particularly the efforts of Marillio and Zarnie. We'll see how they do this time around. If today is something to go by, the fighting spirit seems restored a bit. We still have a friendly rapport with most of their members and frankly I think seeing more action (not just from us but from others who will be more likely to engage without thinking they are carrying our cynos) will bring out the best in Huzzah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror View Post
    battle summary
    Okay, that's actually pretty badass, what for being outnumbered almost 3:1 (obv some were reships) in their home system.

Also, barf @ anyone having that many blues in Syndicate jesuschrist.

Huzzah got reset today, which might spice up Syndicate a little in EU TZ. People will say it's been a while coming but the story on this is that they asked us to help with a POS in Y9G, which had been attacked by Raven Federation. To aid with this, they requested we blue LOTD and Forsaken as well, who are pleasant chaps but nonethless created something absurd to me: 4 alliances against Raven Fed. So we refused to blue LOTD and Forsaken and told Huzzah to go alone, which a director agreed to.

When the time came, however, all parties were present (Huzzah, LOTD, Forsaken) with about 100 guys between two systems and lots of carriers, which was not per our instructions. An explanation was demanded, complete with a threat of reset if none arrived. In response a Huzzah director then tried to remove us from an intel channel (forgetting to remove the operators though) & resets all round.

Sadly for anyone hoping for raging, the reset chat in the channel was rather friendly.

[ 2011.07.20 19:19:40 ] Lord Maldoror > they confirmed and then did the opposite anyway.
    [ 2011.07.20 19:20:20 ] Altetiemann988 > how are you?
    [ 2011.07.20 19:20:34 ] Princess Aricia > I'm just fine, sweety you?
    [ 2011.07.20 19:21:07 ] Altetiemann988 > yes im fine. i log back in today. was 2 weeks afk and now you are not blue^^^

We immediately jumped them with what we had to hand and had a fun fight:

http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboa...d&kll_id=29571

Huzzah lost a lot of ships (52-9) but had the field for a time before eventually ending up camped by us into PC9, when we jumped Agent in (third triage). We shot a few of their towers to try and get them to continue the fight but they didn't bite.

At the start of the year we set Huzzah blue after they couldn't fight us anymore but had earned our respect & affection, particularly the efforts of Marillio and Zarnie. We'll see how they do this time around. If today is something to go by, the fighting spirit seems restored a bit. We still have a friendly rapport with most of their members and frankly I think seeing more action (not just from us but from others who will be more likely to engage without thinking they are carrying our cynos) will bring out the best in Huzzah.
    Mr Maldoror i do think u need to make stuff clearer or get ur facts right .....
    1stly it wasnt just raven fed that was going to attack the the HF pos it was Raven Fed /Nap o War/ Masqurade, Shadow of Death were in there aswell.....

2ndly over half of our fleet had dispanded and was still in Y9G when u hot droped the small part of the fleetin PC9 u got alot more kills but once the main part of the fleet was cynoed in u eat a bag of dicks and ran off ..... simple as that.

so basicly u waited and fought against a few that became many threw friendship not Dictatorship that u try to enforce on HF Good fights all round and more to come i hope. but u realy need to get ur Intel corect shit bust

Eloquent as ever Count.

why thank u smuggo how u been? not seen u round for ages

I'm fine but you might want to reconsider your post before utterly souring your relationship with RnK.

Firstly, the alliances you were facing aren't particularly large and don't have big capital fleets. Aside from that in my experience they were pretty terrible at POS warfare and as such why you felt you needed 100 people and then whatever RnK would bring ontop of that seems somewhat bizarre.

Secondly, according to that BR Rnk already beat you outnumbered 3-1, and that was only half your fleet. This would then mean they'd be fighting 6-1 and they're not fools.

The POS has been attacked by Nap or War, Raven and Conquistadores. The three alliances are forming a small coallition in the region. The FC of the fleet this time was Nap or War. A small fleet of dreads started to attack the def with some BS. First hotdrop of Huzzah, the cyno get destroyed and we engaged a carrier Huzzah (half of the fleet warping out). The fleet came back to engage the lonely carrier. Right after Huzzah will hotdrop again something like 10 carriers. An other fleet came as well from 97x. We had a total of around 30 - 35 hostiles if i remember. (quiet a bit of time). Back to station an ennemy fleet helping Huzzah is spotted in the other side of the gate (97x or UTKS I can't remember exactly). We jumped and engaged. The ennemy fleet get destroyed with in the other side 20 Huzzah remoting their POS....you can imagine the big lol.....not lost on our side. We did not destroy the POS.

You will find in the region of lot of mix fleets between our 3 alliances. It is for us a way to be able to engage much bigger alliances than us without having to join any of the big one of the region.

The situation at the moment is quiet, probably because of the summer, but you 're always welcome in y9

Oceanis

Quote Originally Posted by Count Wilson View Post
    Mr Maldoror i do think u need to make stuff clearer or get ur facts right .....
    1stly it wasnt just raven fed that was going to attack the the HF pos it was Raven Fed /Nap o War/ Masqurade, Shadow of Death were in there aswell.....

2ndly over half of our fleet had dispanded and was still in Y9G when u hot droped the small part of the fleetin PC9 u got alot more kills but once the main part of the fleet was cynoed in u eat a bag of dicks and ran off ..... simple as that.

so basicly u waited and fought against a few that became many threw friendship not Dictatorship that u try to enforce on HF Good fights all round and more to come i hope. but u realy need to get ur Intel corect shit bust
    Your reply is rather difficult to follow but let's try anyway, even though it smells like a justification for blobbing against Raven Fed. First of all, you'll see that a Forsaken battleship, a Maelstrom, was the second one killed, so clearly you were there. But in regard to whether our relationship with Huzzah was "friendship or dictatorship", I don't know, it's often an academic question, isn't it? I'd probably say both. I think of some of them as friends but at the same time, yes, I suppose we expected instructions to be followed.

The reason for this is that in return for defending tech moons and assets of Huzzah, our currency is fights. You have to pay back by combat. By bringing lots of blues, when you agreed not to, it means there's no chance of a fight. But if there's no chance of a fight, we get nothing out of the bargain, since that's our currency. It's a subtle but very important aspect of this kind of blue relationship.

Perhaps Huzzah will fare better with you as blues, we will see. I would note that we helped them gain tech moons, jumped on bigger 0.0 fleets that attacked their towers, and so on. You also left them camped into PC9 yesterday. But time will tell.

Dictators or friends, that sort of an eternal question of Eve, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I'm fine but you might want to reconsider your post before utterly souring your relationship with RnK.

Firstly, the alliances you were facing aren't particularly large and don't have big capital fleets. Aside from that in my experience they were pretty terrible at POS warfare and as such why you felt you needed 100 people and then whatever RnK would bring ontop of that seems somewhat bizarre.

Secondly, according to that BR Rnk already beat you outnumbered 3-1, and that was only half your fleet. This would then mean they'd be fighting 6-1 and they're not fools.

nono the battle report numbers are right, we had about 90 pilots in fleet the BR is just misrepresenting of who was there... when, it wasn't a 89 v 37 fight
    the fleet had stood down and TF and LOTD were headed up the pipe when R&K attacked a small huzzah fleet alone in space (1 carrier and maybe 6-8 battleships so it was like 40v8) the gang was hit hard before Huzzah responded with 25(ish) pilots to the hot drop site (during which time TF and LOTD turned around to assist in the assault) even after TF and LOTD had shown up the fight the numbers were still pretty even (94 in local) either way it was a GREAT fight, it was unexpected, and fun

Well 128 in local for most of the fight, and technically the 37 shown on our side in the battle report includes the forces we used to camp you into station; we originally had less. Although you guys also started with less so that's fair. But for much of it, our hastily formed gang tanked most of your fleet, as shown. We were originally only going to point out the lack of initiative (in using so big a fleet against so small an enemy) but ended up also pointing out its failings.

Moreoever, the evening ended with Huzzah camped into PC9, and no support from the newfound allies. Which is not a criticism of them - but it'll be interesting to see if Huzzah are better off with them as blues, or not.

Edit: not that it matters but for that guy saying there were 96 in local or some nonsense, here are 3 screens from the middle of the fight, 19:35, 19:36 and 19:38, which is slightly before half-way on our killmail times, and there are 124, 126 and 129 in local, respectively, and pretty much the full force from the battle summary on grid.

http://files.rooksandkings.com/index...h05m43s244.jpg
    http://files.rooksandkings.com/index...h51m16s198.jpg
    http://files.rooksandkings.com/index...1h47m00s46.jpg

http://rooksandkings.com/killboard/?...d&kll_id=29619
    Last edited by Lord Maldoror; July 22 2011 at 01:27:27 AM.

most the pilots were in pods or noobships by the time there were 126 in local (61 total casualties), we had 8-9 wreck on field when there was only 97 in local (97 in local until 19:32, 114 13:35)
    the fight on field was pretty much over by 19:43, it just continued on over to the station

Don't get me wrong it was a great fight! in the beginning you had the upper hand and in the middle of the fight was pretty even and toward the end we had the upper hand

Good times, and much respect to you and yours.
    Last edited by Siex; July 22 2011 at 03:00:14 AM. Reason: spelling :P

The serious empire builders in syndicate never fail to crack me up. Thanks for that.

If you guys just came for the fights, it would all be a lot more fun for everyone.

watch out guys, shadow of death are making a power play for syndicate.

How can you even say that with a straight face count?

whys EUtz get to have all the fun in syndicate

Battle Report JH-M2W

From what I overheard, a Huzzah and Co. fleet pounced on a Flying Dangerous carrier, Some Unicorns ninja'd into the fight turning it into a 3way, and then Rooks jumped in aswell and became king of a 4way orgy.

Hopefully someone else can elaborate. Cause I wasn't there, but it sounds like it was an awsome party.
    Last edited by jinrah; July 23 2011 at 05:17:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siex View Post
    most the pilots were in pods or noobships by the time there were 126 in local (61 total casualties), we had 8-9 wreck on field when there was only 97 in local (97 in local until 19:32, 114 13:35)
    the fight on field was pretty much over by 19:43, it just continued on over to the station

Where you ended up camped in, with little sign the new allies would come to help. You have your 61 casualties that you refer to above, you have screenshots earlier, dated half-way through the killmail times, showing your full fleet, so I don't see what anyone can sensibly conclude other than it being a good example of what happens when you try and blue half a region and have a disorganised fleet.

I was going to say maybe they'll do better next time but we found you guys a few hours ago and killed 5 of your carriers and a decent amount of the support, where I couldn't help but notice that Count Wilson's Wolf was off the field rather quickly. Since his people (mostly) didn't get to lose ships this time, perhaps we'll be robbed of another anatomical outburst - though we should all regret that you were dead before his most heroic exit, to presumably reship into something substantial, could come to fruition.

=) we only have 2 blues
    you want to talk about a blue party look at Raven Fed (they know they outnumber us thats why they keep attacking us)

But yes today was another good fight, we swooped in to tackled an FD thanny an chimera (chim got away) that hot dropped one of our BC fleets... we killed the thanny while unicorns scout/cyno watched and got in place, when they were ready the lit the cyno... count wilson insta popped it and unfortunately for unicorns only 1 archon could make it through... the archon went into triage we put it into structure when two different cynos appeared to go up and a combine unicorns and R&K hellcat and cap fleet dropped on us, someone from our end called for more caps... oops! we finished off the archon in structure then we bugged outta there... we were just a BC fleet no sense taking on a 40+ Hellcat+archon+guardian fleet

again great fraps =)

we decided not to call in more as the hostile fleet was just too large to try to go toe to toe with (too many archons and guardians)

Good fight as always and appreciate the added excitement in syndicate again

Quote Originally Posted by jinrah View Post
    Battle Report JH-M2W

From what I overheard, a Huzzah and Co. fleet pounced on a Flying Dangerous carrier, Some Unicorns ninja'd into the fight turning it into a 3way, and then Rooks jumped in aswell and became king of a 4way orgy.

Hopefully someone else can elaborate. Cause I wasn't there, but it sounds like it was an awsome party.
    yes, very awesome!
    second time a fleet bridged in on us today!