hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 617 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

surprised pbump hasn't crossposted this, so I'm doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbump
    Intel in M2 has local at ~27 Raven Fed plus new friends Innovia. We were not sure they were together at first, but it turned out that they were. This delayed us some as I had folks swap out for heavier ships, and we pick up a third Scim.

In retrospect, if we had not done that, we would have been so super fucked.

We bounce around and try to get a good position on them. They are in M2 on the JH gate and we let them scout a bait gang. Intel calls that they are setting up at optimals off JH- so I take us through 8-J so we don't have to deal with the bullshit of being at a huge range disadvantage. I spend in Pinto to bubble the other side as we pile in. This causes them to get stuck right on top of us.

After that it was a slug fest.

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25973 (Slasher)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=26000 (Eagle) -BLEAGLE SPOTED

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25974 (T1 Rupture with Shadow Serp Hardeners?)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=26001 (Cane)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=26006 (Drake)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25979 (Cane)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25977 (Harb)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25980 (Drake)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25986 (Nemesis)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25981 (Harb)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25982 (Myrm)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25999 (Drake)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25989 (Rook)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25978 (Cane)

At this point they concede the fight and try to warp off. But not before we snag a Broadsword and Guardian.

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25983 (Guardian)

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...l&kll_id=25990 (Broadsword)

We took some pretty heavy losses as well. Credit where it's due, VP came back and died 3 times. Harbs for life.

Losses: Brutix, Vexor, Harb, Drake, Cane, Drake, Cane, Cane, Harb, Cane, Rifter, Drake, Cane, Harb. It would have pretty much been an even exchange on ISK expect for us grabbing those last two expensive kills.

This fight actually ran from 3:58 to 4:25. Hands down the longest slug fest I've ever been in. If there's something more fun to do in EVE than this, I sure haven't found it yet.
    and then a b/r of our fight with them last night

Quote Originally Posted by TimNeilson
    so we hear about some midget mafia guy getting blown up by raven fed in VV- on the m2 gate, so we form up a gang to go shoot at them. we get tengu, abso, dramiel, sabre, and like 5-6 BCs. we bait with tengu/abso/sabre, and get one of their canes on the vv gate in M2, although we lose the sabre for it. another cane jumps in, I tackle him, the bubble pops and more raven fed start showing up. rest of the gang jumps in, and my abso is getting pretty low on armor so I warp it off to station to rep up because nobody has me pointed

so anyway we start killing a bunch of their ships, and more and more of them start showing up. I tell everyone to bail if they can, and try to get my tengu back to the vv gate, because I'm about 30 off and in about 2/3 shields. I finally jump the tengu out in 75% structure.

kb battle report: http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kil...d&kll_id=26091

we probably came out about even overall due to losses not in the alliance. our non-droog losses were I think the dramiel, and a couple of BCs

This long Fourth of July weekend has been an absolute blast. Raven Fed + Blues have been down for fites literally every single night.(0330-0600) If you are in Syndicate, the 97X- Y9G pocket has become quite the hot spot in the last week. I hope we don't burn them out, but we're gonna keep going back till the well is dry. These 20 on 20 fights are exactly what we're after. Raven Fed seems to be getting better too.

I hope this lasts.

Thanks for the fight last Friday Bump. We're up whenever you are.

I'll swing by y9g tonight (0430ish I'm guessing if you are out), but LITERALLY every time I go there, we take 2 ships and the rest dock up.

WTB: this new aggressive Raven Fed I keep hearing about.

Rote will be out tonight after 01:00. Will you? If you want a fight, we will most likely being coming your direction. Hope to see you on the fields of honour.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Rote will be out tonight after 01:00. Will you? If you want a fight, we will most likely being coming your direction. Hope to see you on the fields of honour.

Last night was fun. Props to you guys for staying even though we had you doubled. I told them not to gay it up with jams or Logi, I think most listened. Maybe if you beat the drums of war you'll be able to get closer to 20 around 0100 on weekdays. That time frame works perfectly for us. Much later and our east coast guys are going to bed 'cause work'.

Weekends staying up till 0400-0500 not so much an issue. At least for the moment our guys seem to have infinite apatite for anything around 20v20 ish.

As for Raven, that was a bit early for them. They really don't get rolling till 0300-0600. I see you got a couple kills anyway.

e: Tell me about what went down in 3KNK and where those guys are based out of.

Bump is referring to this : http://rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a=...d&kll_id=54821

BPLAN pretty much (finger quotes) "own" 3KNK down towards the 0T- pocket during USTZ... not sure who they have blued up re: other area residents (Ares/CHON).

In my experience, they have never been up for a fight. They have 5-10ish man gangs when I'm roaming, but v0v. Anyway, they are real good at keeping cloaked eyes all through the area so it's not like we can sneak up on their bears, or what not.

So last night, we formed up to go peek in NM- (outer ring), where the map was showing 10 in space... nothing like that on the map in syndicate, so I figured it was worth checking out- that's pretty much old Valor Empire numbers, and they fought us a few times. We get as far as 5-F when our scout reports a basilisk jumpin/point. I derp this up moving fleet forward because "who scouts with a basilisk?". BPLAN runs, we catch nothing because we are horrible, and I get pretty pissed as I haven't had a reasonable fight in about a month (other than our cruiserduel~).

So we follow a bit, smack a bit, but eventually turn it around and head back towards our original dest. 2 jumps on, our stragglers/catcher-uppers, report that BPLAN is following us. I'm literally raeg~ at the whole thing, but I turn us around and we start moving back towards them. Our rear guy misses a tackle on a drake, I'm thinking of cellophaning him up a la Dexter, when he reports they are sitting in a bubble apparently waiting for us.

SQUEEEE~

Jump->Align->Warp->Pew.

Nothing surprising on the fight. They had a ton of gay (3 falcons, 2 basi's), we had a pair of basi's. I think their strategy was "kill the mach: acheive isk victory" where my strategy was "sacrifice the mach: punch faces", so it dovetailed nicely. Despite the Falcons, they were unable to effectively jam us because they staggered decloak, and fit for failure. We dishonour-drone-blobbed their logi, and just worked on primaries (I went tackle->heavy instructing the canes to make frigates go away without me having to deal with it).

I think, the bottom line, for last night was: "Thank you, B-PLAN for the fight." I think we all won.

After that, we looted the field for nazi gold to help poor Verr, then, went to test for Raven Fed Testicles (found wanting). I wish they had later FC's cuz I can't get over there until most of syndicate goes to sleep. :/

Quote Originally Posted by pBump View Post
    Last night was fun. Props to you guys for staying even though we had you doubled. I told them not to gay it up with jams or Logi, I think most listened. Maybe if you beat the drums of war you'll be able to get closer to 20 around 0100 on weekdays. That time frame works perfectly for us. Much later and our east coast guys are going to bed 'cause work'.

Weekends staying up till 0400-0500 not so much an issue. At least for the moment our guys seem to have infinite apatite for anything around 20v20 ish.

As for Raven, that was a bit early for them. They really don't get rolling till 0300-0600. I see you got a couple kills anyway.

e: Tell me about what went down in 3KNK and where those guys are based out of.
    Yeah man i'm all about getting fights. i was a little sad that you had THAT many, but we went after it anyways. Things could have gone better, but all we can do is reflect and improve.

well we are the ones usually bringing numbers

Holy tittyfucking christ on a pogo stick. I think I aged 10 years today.

I get paged at work by phone because my guys have 4 carriers tackled a few jumps from home. I happen to work 5 minutes from home, and 4 carriers beats the fuck out of work, so I gave my boss an excuse about needing to bail home for 10 minutes and ran my ass out the door. I get online, they get cyno, I banzai my Nyx in like a boss (moron) and one carrier comes with me. :deployingwithproperbackup:

So here we are, 20ish of our guys on the field in a somewhat mishmash fleet, me in a Nyx, and a Nuthugger as my cap support. Werd. Launch fighterbombers, dump em on the first Thanny, watch it start to me--OHFUCKCYNOOHGODMYOVERVIEWOHFUCKGODJESUSTITS.

God bless my fleet. Seriously, god bless those guys. RnK (is there anyone in Syndicate you aren't blue to?) bridged in a fuckoff gang, though admittedly a little light on bubblers (3 HICs, one light dictor that I saw) and start shooting our Nuthugger while tackling my Nyx. We primary one Devoter, I lock up all three. Devoter 1 drops bubble/point to get reps, we primary devoter 2 as I neut the phobos. The Heretic has been chased off by our Zealots. Devoter 2 drops bubble/point, devoter 1 still hasn't reupped his, and suddenly as I'm sitting there spamming warp, my ship enters warp--best guess is I neuted the Phobos' point off of me.

God bless my guys. We wound up losing a carrier, my underwear, and about 2b in ships, but saved the Nyx.

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=54942

Kinda curious if there will actually be a write-up from Maldoror, I've found in the past that fights that don't turn out quite how they'd hoped with us seem to fly below the AAR radar (sadly).

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchanalian View Post

God bless my guys. We wound up losing a carrier, my underwear, and about 2b in ships, but saved the Nyx.

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=54942
    You weren't the droids we were looking for, but it was good fun, even if one-sided. Eve kill has it just under 5bil, btw, though that includes a couple Ares Protectiva BC as well. I didn't particularly expect a Nyx or therefore to hold it but still, good work getting out.

Kinda curious if there will actually be a write-up from Maldoror, I've found in the past that fights that don't turn out quite how they'd hoped with us seem to fly below the AAR radar (sadly).
    There aren't reports to write. The only times I've been on grid with you guys in 2011 are when helping you guys against Tortuga recently (twice, once in 5-F once to help you get revenge on them in 3mog), a fight against a Russian gang, killing a 1bil Curse you personally were flying (gank) and the 20 guys we killed today (gank). Aside from that, we may kill a few of each other's guys out of each other's timezone but that's about it. To quote your comment after our fight with some supercaps in Syndicate:

Anyway, tl;dr, I'd love to get into some toe-to-toe boxing matches with RnK, especially seeing as we're neighbors, but fighting the fleets you all put together is pointless and suicidal.
    I'll take that as a compliment - but as a result there isn't going to be BR-worthy stuff Even if we had killed your ship along with the others today, there would be no report on this kind of fight - we had overwhelming odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror View Post
    I'll take that as a compliment - but as a result there isn't going to be BR-worthy stuff Even if we had killed your ship along with the others today, there would be no report on this kind of fight - we had overwhelming odds.
    We've had a few where you dropped triage carriers and we managed to kill the carriers and most of your fleet, but we're talking 2-3 years ago, and the response we got was "that wasn't a real op so it didn't count and we won't write it up or include it in a video" or some such. Much to our disappointment, as I think one was literally a week after one of your famous triage videos had come out and we were excited to be featured killing one. :P

Otherwise, yeah, you all generally roll 10+ guardians and/or multiple carriers for logi, which is really just pointless to play with the way we fly (2-4 logi, no carriers), we'll simply never break your tank and you'll mow down our DPS. When I say toe to toe, I mean relatively evenly matched fleets, but even when the numbers match the logi counts are silly lopsided, so it doesn't happen.

Anyway, ya'll gave me a good scare. Am kinda curious why there were only 3 HICs and a pair of dictors, but I'm not complaining.

AAR was a bit too sexy for public consumption apparently.
    Last edited by Al Simmons; July 9 2011 at 05:06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Simmons View Post
    Cerui says he is speaking to Lord Maldoror about coming and killing the 4 carriers for us (oh yeah, nice one guys ), Bacch is being paged, and i'm going through my contact list trying to find old mates with supers that are online, but no-one is, or they are afk
    To be fair, I didn't accept the convo until after the fight, in case it was about this. The first message is at 21:30, after the fight.

[ 2011.07.08 21:30:04 ] Ranimosk Kannkat > you couldn't drop with us
    [ 2011.07.08 21:30:45 ] Lord Maldoror > sorry :P

I didn't lie to him and if I had accepted convo beforehand, might even have advised him to move on with his gang. It seems he did speak to Gunny; I can't control that and Gunny wasn't in the fight (battling on HoN instead).

To be clear, also, if someone convos me and I offer support (I didn't take the convo and thus didn't offer, obviously) then it goes without saying that I'd then regard the ships of the people I'm working with as I would my own fleet and do everything to keep them up. Some of your guys have seen that in practice and that will never change.

We've had a few where you dropped triage carriers and we managed to kill the carriers and most of your fleet, but we're talking 2-3 years ago.
    Carriers? Fleets? :P I've checked and found the carrier you're talking about years ago when we had 4 rnk and 3 blues (total of 7 people) and there are 40 on the lossmail. It would be as silly as us making a point about the carrier we killed last night, and at least that actually had a fleet of sorts with it.

Anyway, moving on:

RnK (is there anyone in Syndicate you aren't blue to?)
    I don't see the cause of your hostility; I'm sure you can take losing a few ships. But for the sake of argument, consider the three parties in the system. We jumped in and killed you, then probed Ares Protectiva and killed their gang. And the third party, Tortuga, you already know we shoot because we twice came to your aid in the past week or two to kill them, both times to avenge some ships of yours that got ganked. So clearly we aren't blue to any of the three parties involved there.

The only Syndicate blue I can think of offhand is Huzzah. But we certainly didn't start off blue to Huzzah. We went after them a lot. They fought well but eventually fights turned into portal ganks and at some stage it was clear that they weren't going to directly engage us anymore. At that point we decided that we liked them (still do, play the game in the right spirit) and we'd set them blue.

Since we live close, we also feel a certain responsibility to Syndicate. We have sometimes agreed to stay out of certain local conflicts (e.g. one in the EF- pocket a while ago) simply because our presence on one side or other can ruin good fights if they are fairly evenly balanced. And that can be hard, seeing juicy neutral fleets engaging each other and having promised to stay out of it. We also try and back up Syndicate locals here and there when people, including yourselves, convo us. Aside from yesterday, when I.. didn't take the convo.

So I think our policy for Syndicate is as pvp as it can be: we shoot almost everyone, our one blue had to lose a lot of ships to get it, we often go after bigger 0.0 entities who show there and we even respect some local conflicts and allow them to continue without interference to add to the ~goodfights~ in Eve. It's like Fairtrade Coffee. With Guns.

TBH anyone that knows Bacch and the way he throws the Nyx around in Syndicate, expected him to lose it to you guys months ago. Seeing the Nyx still alive is quite shocking.

Also mad respect to RnK for their poasting, BRs and being the only alliance in Eve to use carriers like pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Simmons View Post
    We are then rather mystified when we're informed that R&K are not killing the carriers and in fact let them go. It then dawns on us that we got played. Cerui does a killboard search of the carrier pilots and realises they are probably R&K alts.
    Wow.

We (frenchies) never doubted those carriers were Tortuga Cartel ones since we entered the field when you guys were already hitting a thanatos with a hostile fleet "defending" them.
    Realizing that those two capitals were probably R&K alts landed there for a trap makes me feel a bit stupid hehe.
    But it does make sense regarding the way they managed their fight, their triage rep, etc. (I remember, I thought at that moment "nice, these turkish guys really know how to use carriers!")

On our side the back up was coming but a bit late: fortunately we didn't have cynos fitted on our small roaming gang. I prefer to do not think about what might have happened in such a case. it won't help to forget the usual paranoid circumspection when you engage something bigger than a BC in Syndicate

Anyway, this fight was a trully mess (well, it was almost a 5 ways one) and fun for everyone I guess.

I told yesterday to LM "nice jump", but I will end with a "Nice trap" this time, and congratulations to Rote Kapelle for saving their Nyx

FWIW LM, I went into this blind. Much like Ayato, I thought those carriers were Tortuga basically up until a few hours ago. I trusted my fleet to have done due diligence on the intel and jumped in blindly based on that. v0v

I'm piss-lucky. And maybe a little bit ninja. Incidentally, we killed one of your triage carriers a few weeks ago in Vestouve. There was also the triage carrier bait in Vestouve that was "accidentally" 15km off of a station that we threw subcaps at and you all finally sprung your trap with 2 dozen BS/logi and half a dozen other carriers when it was in structure. :P In any case, we play a lot of cat and mouse and very little actual shooting, but I think that ultimately adds to the intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rans View Post
    TBH anyone that knows Bacch and the way he throws the Nyx around in Syndicate, expected him to lose it to you guys months ago. Seeing the Nyx still alive is quite shocking.
    One of the reasons might be that we generally tend not to put too much value into baiting and trapping a lone super since in the end this often is more a gank than a fight. In the end anybody with enough firepower and enough patience for baiting can do that in eve nowadays. I don't say we don't gank, in fact we do as everybody does in eve. But we don't go for a save gank if we think we can have a gf elsewhere, even if its a super or two. While i won't comment on our intentions yesterday (leaving it in the blurry mist of speculations is more fun) its save to say that the already mentioned low number of tacklers certainly wasn't the way you'd set up a trap for a super if you are intent on killing it. Or were we just too confident? I don't know :P
    So in the end Rote did die, but with a purpose and a kind of tactical success, freeing the completely cap dry nyx. Which does commend a certain level of respect.
    Last edited by Mesh M; July 9 2011 at 01:47:29 PM.

This is underwhelming for all you hotdropping faggots (I'm looking at you Bacc), but BPLAN had a great 7v9 against us yesterday. So if any of you are watching, thanks for the fight.

miniBR: Numbers were about even, their home system. They had a pair of Basi's which we thought we could break, even though we only were effectively 5 dps ships. And we would have gotten away with it if not for the meddling falcon. But Falcons are for meddlin, and it was a good fight.

o7

Quote Originally Posted by Lexa Hellfury View Post
    Supposedly Inglorious-Basterds (Caldari FW corp), are going to be moving into Syndicate sometime soon, anyone have any idea about that?
    Naturally, Huzzah wasted no time at all in blueing them up.

Sorry Brent! Didn't mean to lowball you on our numbers last night. We were running 6 people right up until the very end of the Op (0200) Then two more showed up when I started yelling about Rote on the coms. Stuff exploded, so I'm sure everyone was pleased.

Summary http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=55439

Rote had a Cynabal that doesn't show up. Was v sad not to catch it.