hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 103 of 611 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 12211

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Quote Originally Posted by Mawderator View Post
    Could someone fill me in on why people care so much about Syndicate? I'm unironically curious as to why there are so many butthurt people over what is one of the worst regions in Eve.
    Have you ever watched professors at a university fight over tenure? The fighting is so tooth-and-nail precisely because there's so little to fight over.

I mean, it's not like the rest of W&P is all monacles and cognac and "well played, old chaps -- fancy another round." There's plenty of sperg. But Syndicate has such little resources, and nothing that forces an undock-or-die choice (~~npcstations~~), so basically the only reason people undock here at all is because of either excessive pride, or lack of any pride whatsoever. And pride leads to posting!

Frankly, though, I can't help but welcome this new era in W&P. I salute Sofia as the New Colossus. "Keep battle reports, your storied pomp! Give me your umads, your no-u's, your shitposters yearning to sperg free!" Anderson shall return in glory to his usual badposting shortly.
    Last edited by Namamai; December 12 2012 at 07:22:55 PM.

Depends how you define 'worst'. I would define the worst regions in EVE as those where you go 30 jumps, see nothing, and then 5 systems in a row you see 15 Tengus bearing it up. And then after that you find a 200 man blob that some bored alliance bridged onto you for lols.

Syndicate has none of that because the space is so poor, isk-wise. So what you get left are those who want to fight for the hell of it and those who are too bad to make it anywhere else/haven't realised renting exists.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

I think SHC / FHC has retained more of the small gang PVPers while the 0.0 sov holder. super cap flinging, mouth breathing masses have largely migrated to kugu, at least when it comes to sperging about the goings on in space (I think they unironically call it 'being relevant'). Anyway, that leads to the 0.0 NPC and low sec threads on FHC usually get about 80% of the posting and 20% for the rest, while it's reverse on kugu.

In short, it's not about Syndicate (because who gives a fuck about Syndicate), but it's about where the 'interesting to FHC crowd' fighting (and sperging) happens to occur.

Edit: oh, and worm holes .... never forget WHs
    Last edited by DaDutchDude; December 12 2012 at 07:07:39 PM.
    - don't confuse the fact that I like to be right with the rumours that I actually might be -

(DaDutchDude is in EVE hibernation in Some Random Corporation)

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    And then after that you find a 200 man blob that some bored alliance bridged onto you for lols.
    This barely ever happens, hth.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    And then after that you find a 200 man blob that some bored alliance bridged onto you for lols.
    This barely ever happens, hth.
    You're right, they usually just use the permanently anchored jump bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace MacRou View Post
    I would like to welcome RPS Holding to the PC9 pocket and I hope we can get some good fights going.

I am sure you guys are all smart people, and have given a lot of thought into this decision (lol). On the other hand I have to admit that I do question RPS's ability when a Rifter (who is not aggressed) sits within docking range of a station and lets a Zealot 3 shot him to death before he can dock, not to mention allowing this cruiser sized ship to lock and pop his pod as well. Do not misunderstand me, Zealot shooting a Rifter at station, lol (I do expect massive smacktalk for this). Also seeing a Myrmidon aggressing on station when we have +10 in local is, well, funny to say the least. It is just an example of decisionmaking from the pilot's side, which is the only way we have to measure our enemies abilities.

I hope RPS Holdings does what they say they will, and gives us the time of our EVE life with good fights. And that they don't give up easily. Although, given what I've seen, I have my doubts...

That's strange, I don't recall saying anything about gudfites with you risk adverse fucks. As any resident of syndicate knows, you guys are TERRIFIED of leaving the PC9 pocket. You don't roam, you don't fight, you just want to turtle up and do your bearing in peace. You guard a cloaky hauler ferrying supplies back and forth to T22 with a talos, an ishtar and a fucking ONYX. You guard a noctis with two Vagas, a Zealot, and an ishtar INSIDE of a sig. You guys are a hobo squatting in the house we built, smearing shit on the walls and calling it home. You are a brief cumstain on the tapestry of syndicate, and we will see you RIGHT the fuck out.

If you want to bear in peace, we welcome you to take a look at any of the bearing heavens throughout New Eden. I hear that Test is renting out parts of Fountain, maybe you should give them a call. We will not, however, allow you to continue to further sully the good name of the PC9 pocket.
    This is a good post

I ran a small cruiser gang down to pC9 today and had some fun : http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=77131.

There was like a 10 man af gang and an onyx on the gate when we entered and they all ran crying almost right away and reshipped into :kitchensinkfleet:

Had a good fight with the goons today, killed them. Then screwed around with Ineluctables in PC9. A Clockwork/MoonWarriors Ahac gang then came and killed John

http://ishukone-raata.net/killboard/...d&kll_id=28223

We reshipped to AHACS and killed some of them in 6C, I think they had lost some people at that time, and one of their logistics ran away as soon as we landed. (Also shield tanked Talos in Ahac fleet.....)

http://ishukone-raata.net/killboard/...d&kll_id=28243

Also in between we found this guy and his shit ton of alts

http://ishukone-raata.net/killboard/...d&kll_id=28202

You don't know RPSH, man.

Questionable decision making is pretty much all we're known for, and if you keep talking smack, you're going to force me to resub.

Free PC9!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosquit View Post
    Had a good fight with the goons today, killed them. Then screwed around with Ineluctables in PC9. A Clockwork/MoonWarriors Ahac gang then came and killed John

http://ishukone-raata.net/killboard/...d&kll_id=28223

We reshipped to AHACS and killed some of them in 6C, I think they had lost some people at that time, and one of their logistics ran away as soon as we landed. (Also shield tanked Talos in Ahac fleet.....)

http://ishukone-raata.net/killboard/...d&kll_id=28243

Also in between we found this guy and his shit ton of alts

http://ishukone-raata.net/killboard/...d&kll_id=28202

I heard about this when I woke up.

What was you's guys fleet comp?

Our cruiser fleet was 3 Moa, 4 Thorax, 1 Blackbird, 2 Ruptures. I jumped into the Groon fleet expecting them to all point me so the rest of my fleet could warp off safely which worked then I charged the squishiest thing on the otherside (the saber) before I died.

We reshipped to 4 Guardians, 7 Zealots.

Quote Originally Posted by John Revenent View Post
    You really should tone down the logi:dps ratio. Obviously fleet comps that logi-heavy work like a charm and keep the kb green, but it doesn't challenge your pilots to actually sharpen their awareness and piloting skills when they literally cannot die under any imaginable circumstance (being able to watchlist [even by the old watchlist limit] the entire fleet and apply 16+ LRAR in five seconds doesn't even challenge your logi crew) leaves you with a bunch pilots who don't fully grasp game mechanics, fear dying and won't be willing to try FCing on pain of actually welping a fleet.

imo

That said, there's no 'wrong' way to play this game.

Press X to uguu~

Speaking as someone who used to regularly have no less than two triage archons behind him whenever he wasn't in a harpy, 4 guards for.an 11 man fleet is pretty lame.

Bad risk-averse Revenant, bad!

I know Sabre + Falcons are all the rage in Syndicate, but I'm still mad:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15500979

60 sensor strength, still perma-jammed, 3 successful jams in a row. PC9 is not good fight land atm.

Well it's not good roaming grounds, it's good if you like counter-counter-counter-bait-baiting cloaky/recon/bomber gangs.
    Last edited by Resi; December 13 2012 at 03:09:06 PM.

Smuggo
    PC9 was never good fight land. Same with 6C, 97X... just everywhere really. You just have to catch the particularly bad ones off guard and bait the falcon out before you're scrammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloe View Post
    You really should tone down the logi:dps ratio. Obviously fleet comps that logi-heavy work like a charm and keep the kb green, but it doesn't challenge your pilots to actually sharpen their awareness and piloting skills when they literally cannot die under any imaginable circumstance (being able to watchlist [even by the old watchlist limit] the entire fleet and apply 16+ LRAR in five seconds doesn't even challenge your logi crew) leaves you with a bunch pilots who don't fully grasp game mechanics, fear dying and won't be willing to try FCing on pain of actually welping a fleet.

imo

I was told GROON had 4 logi though I only seen 3, so I figured I would bring 4.. after all I have a name to uphold gogo Risk-Averse Revenent to the logi mobile! I will try to tone it down for other Syndicate residents the only real reason we use 4 Logi is to collect tears from the people who complain about it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace MacRou View Post
    I would like to welcome RPS Holding to the PC9 pocket and I hope we can get some good fights going.

I am sure you guys are all smart people, and have given a lot of thought into this decision (lol). On the other hand I have to admit that I do question RPS's ability when a Rifter (who is not aggressed) sits within docking range of a station and lets a Zealot 3 shot him to death before he can dock, not to mention allowing this cruiser sized ship to lock and pop his pod as well. Do not misunderstand me, Zealot shooting a Rifter at station, lol (I do expect massive smacktalk for this). Also seeing a Myrmidon aggressing on station when we have +10 in local is, well, funny to say the least. It is just an example of decisionmaking from the pilot's side, which is the only way we have to measure our enemies abilities.

I hope RPS Holdings does what they say they will, and gives us the time of our EVE life with good fights. And that they don't give up easily. Although, given what I've seen, I have my doubts...
    Generally speaking i'd consider bragging about killing a tech 1 frigate to be a fair measure of somebody's ability. But i'm just old fashioned like that.

MORE IMPORTANTLY. what sort of numbers are there in the PC9 pocket? is it actually all that busy with a few corps kicking around?

Ineluctable have good numbers from early to late EU timezone and peak at about 30 in the constellation. They're quite active but very risk averse.

RPSH + friends are more mid - late EU timezone and peak at around 10 pilots flying around, thus far. Not very active but will fly in to any trap.

No major engagements between the two have taken place yet, we're still getting ourselves sorted.

That shield talos in our fleet was a newbie who showed up late, and I don't think any of us realized he was shield tanked until after he was dead. v0v

Quote Originally Posted by Aloe View Post

imo

I was told GROON had 4 logi though I only seen 3, so I figured I would bring 4.. after all I have a name to uphold gogo Risk-Averse Revenent to the logi mobile! I will try to tone it down for other Syndicate residents the only real reason we use 4 Logi is to collect tears from the people who complain about it all the time.
    We had 3 logi when we started, and 2 when we went into 6-C. And I dunno who warped off in 6-C, but it wasn't one of the logi.
    Life Universe Everything (LUE) - Clockwork Pinapple