hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 13 of 616 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Quote Originally Posted by Siex View Post
    =) combine unicorns and R&K hellcat and cap fleet dropped on us, someone from our end called for more caps... oops! we finished off the archon in structure then we bugged outta there... we were just a BC fleet no sense taking on a 40+ Hellcat+archon+guardian fleet

You like saying hellcat, don't you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror View Post
    ... I couldn't help but notice that Count Wilson's Wolf was off the field rather quickly.
    To be fair on Count, wolf only two mids so cant fit enough sebos on for a proper fleet engagement.

On a syndi related note, am i right in thinking a while back huzzah retook the tech moon in t22 from test? Did this lead to any pew pew?

Quote Originally Posted by Siex View Post
    =) we only have 2 blues
    you want to talk about a blue party look at Raven Fed (they know they outnumber us thats why they keep attacking us)

But yes today was another good fight, we swooped in to tackled an FD thanny an chimera (chim got away) that hot dropped one of our BC fleets... we killed the thanny while unicorns scout/cyno watched and got in place, when they were ready the lit the cyno... count wilson insta popped it and unfortunately for unicorns only 1 archon could make it through... the archon went into triage we put it into structure when two different cynos appeared to go up and a combine unicorns and R&K hellcat and cap fleet dropped on us, someone from our end called for more caps... oops! we finished off the archon in structure then we bugged outta there... we were just a BC fleet no sense taking on a 40+ Hellcat+archon+guardian fleet

again great fraps =)

we decided not to call in more as the hostile fleet was just too large to try to go toe to toe with (too many archons and guardians)

Good fight as always and appreciate the added excitement in syndicate again

We keep attacking you cause you're easy pickings. Also whats with the running away every single time we form a fleet? you had 18 BC with scimi's and falcon the other night and you wouldn't engage our 10 BS's. WTF is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    To be fair on Count, wolf only two mids so cant fit enough sebos on for a proper fleet engagement.
    Plenty of lows for sig amps though.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Plenty of lows for sig amps though.
    [Wolf, count wilson stylee]
    Signal Amplifier II
    Signal Amplifier II
    Signal Amplifier II
    F85 Peripheral Damage System I

Faint Warp Disruptor I
    Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters

150mm Light AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
    [empty high slot]

Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
    Small Capacitor Control Circuit II

It all makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by venezuela22 View Post
    We keep attacking you cause you're easy pickings. Also whats with the running away every single time we form a fleet? you had 18 BC with scimi's and falcon the other night and you wouldn't engage our 10 BS's. WTF is that?
    Correction: it was 8 BC, 2 scimi, 1 falcon and like 4 frigs/cruisers TBH if i remember a couple of the BC's weren't actually in fleet with us, they just teamed up once we were in 97X

A combined Legion of the damned / Forsaken roam lead by a young LOTD fc was returning home along the pipe in 8V-SJJ from Outer ring and scout reported a 20-40 or so Rooks & Kings BS fleet bridge into K5-JRD infront of them, (not sure if they where dropping in on another gang, or jumped the gun to drop ontop of the LOTD gang.), only being a 25+/- BC/recon gang and not wanting to risk calling in friendly triage support, decided to rather avoid Rooks.

Instead they headed back through Vestouve to re-enter syndicate through MHC, hoping to 1) kite the Rooks gang, and 2) Engage a 15+/- man Bipolar Stability gang camping in F67E-Q.
    On the way realising Ironically that Rooks were actually doing their titan bridging from the very system they where escapeing though (vestouve). And thus had eyes all along the lowsec pipe. No matter, they continued to burn through to MHC.
    Upon arrival the scout sent to go find the Bipolar gangs possition, reported another gang, of I-RED, landing on the MHC gate in F6, (possibly running from the bipolar gang who dropped a carrier or 2 on them), in a bubble.

LOTD fleet jumped through and a Battle-Report materialised.

After the party, the surviving LOTD gang started heading home, still buzzed from the ~good fight~ and perhaps a little less mindful about the R&K hotdrop fleet thats still in range. Saw a cyno go up in warp between gates in M2-CF1 and landed in a bubble from a cloaked dictor, and R&K got their slice of the pie aswell.
    Last edited by jinrah; July 25 2011 at 12:56:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jinrah View Post
    A combined Legion of the damned / Forsaken roam lead by a young LOTD fc was returning home along the pipe in 8V-SJJ from Outer ring and scout reported a 20-40 or so Rooks & Kings BS fleet bridge into K5-JRD infront of them, (not sure if they where dropping in on another gang, or jumped the gun to drop ontop of the LOTD gang.)
    No, we were returning from dropping on an BPLAN/Ares Protective gang: http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboa...d&kll_id=29826

But all things being fair in love and war, we caught up with you guys later on anyway, as you noted

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror View Post
    No, we were returning from dropping on an BPLAN/Ares Protective gang: http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboa...d&kll_id=29826

But all things being fair in love and war, we caught up with you guys later on anyway, as you noted
    Looking for a fight from ares was the reason we roamed out that way in the first place...

Same song second verse. Rooks and Kings bridge in faction BS's, shitloads Logi and Triage carriers on people who couldn't possibly hope to match them.

GF's all around I'm sure.

Come to think of it, I actually don't know if RnK are good at EvE, or just good at fuck off fleets and picking on people who can't compete with them. Beating the pants off of LotD and Huzzah must be taxing. I honestly don't know what to make of Lord Maldoror's 'amicable chap' bit, while simultaneously playing EVE in the most douchebag of ways.

"We're here for the good fights chaps, I swear!" (25 Battleships, 8 Guardians and 3 Archons)

go read some of their battle reports in the lowsec thread, pbump, they're pretty fucking good. there's just nobody in syndicate who can really go toe to toe with them so all the b/rs posted here tend to be ganks.

e: also lollin' at LOTD thinking they might get a fight out of bipolar stability and then losing 3 scims to ishuk-rata
    Last edited by TimNeilson; July 25 2011 at 02:51:07 PM.

Whatever it takes to win and hold the field, anything goes. That said, in Syndicate it's almost necessary to welp a charity suicide fleet into your neighborhood whipping boys from time to time to keep morale up enough that they'll at least consider engaging you in the future. Else they become conditioned to scatter at the first sign of a scout or only engage on the relative safety of their home undock. Fucking tiresome. Shitsux.

Quote Originally Posted by pBump View Post
    Same song second verse. Rooks and Kings bridge in faction BS's, shitloads Logi and Triage carriers on people who couldn't possibly hope to match them.

Come to think of it, I actually don't know if RnK are good at EvE, or just good at fuck off fleets and picking on people who can't compete with them.

No, you miss the point. Portalling the likes of Forsaken is just griefing and ganking, no question. As Dr. Lecter would say, it's a question of hunting the rude, the free range rude. Having someone like Count Wilson (who I'm rather fond of and will envisage as a Moriarty-esque character) get anatomical on the forum here provides a nice excuse to bring the hammer down. Someone on here even warned him that he should have taken death with dignity the first time

The bread and butter material we look for is the stuff where are massively outgunned or outnumbered. An example of what we look for in Syndicate is here: http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...-ongoing/page3 where we are fighting a supercap gang who almost end up having more caps than we have battleships. You won't see me writing battle reports about portal ganking; it's a necessary evil to maintain decency in Syndicate. A gentleman should be able to cycle from MHC to TXW on a Penny Farthing and risk only a clean shot to the heart and a doff of the cap. Highfalutin principles shall be maintained!

Obviously most of our srs business in Syndicate is against larger 0.0 groups who come from elsewhere to shoot Tech moons and the like. We have a long track record of letting locals settle local business between themselves, especially if they let us know ahead of time (as detailed on previous pages).

Actually, speaking of 0.0 visits, there was a nice fight last week which I never got round to posting up, even though I made some screenshots. I'll get to that shortly.

I was meaning to write this one up last week.

Although a Syndicate fight, it actually began in Cloud Ring. Fatal Ascension and Goons were attacking an SBU belonging to Ares Protectiva. There is an ongoing conflict at the moment in Cloud ring between Ares and Black-Mark, who are under the wing of Deklein Coalition.

Local in 5-MLDT was at 125, with around a hundred FA, Goons and allies hitting the second SBU. Rham got eyes on them and reported a mixed fleet with large numbers of Canes and Drakes:

Although we're not directly involved with the Cloud Ring sov battle, it presented a nice opportunity for a fight. However, with only a cloaky frigate for the cyno, it seemed unlikely to live long enough to provide a decent portal entry against that kind of fleet.

Whilst we watched and waited for an opportunity, we heard that Fatal Ascension had started repping a POS nearby, in CIS (Syndicate). There we discovered eight carriers repping a tower, with one or two a good kilometre from the shield and several in triage.

Since we were dipping into US timezone our numbers had dropped somewhat. Still, we had 20 battleships and seven Guardians (plus Damnation, and a Loki or two for tackling). Whilst eight carriers should spider that for a fair while, we figured we could intentionally bump some of them into the shield to stop them from repping the ones who we primed outside.

The question was where the large SBU fleet had gone. Local in 5-M had emptied out and a hundred guys had to have gone somewhere presumably to sit on a titan. With their alliance leader being one of the repping carriers, it seemed unlikely the fleet would abandon them if jumped on. How long would we have before the hammer dropped?

At that moment, however, a ninth carrier jumped in at the POS. This arrival, a Nidhoggur, was probably 10km from the shield. Trap? Perhaps but it had to be sprung. 3-2-1 Cyno down and we portalled in. The Nidhoggur was primed and started going down quickly.

We waited for the Heavens to open but nothing happened. The Nidhoggur died and the remaining eight carriers stayed close to the shield edge. Our next prime was a Chimera who was in triage. He was fully combat fit and tanked our twenty battleships fairly well, whilst we continued to wait for the inevitable cyno. Once he entered structure we started to wonder if the carriers had backup at all and once he popped we started to assume they didn't.

Next up was Zagdul in his triage Chimera. As with the previous Chimera, he tanked fairly well. Then, just as he entered armour, yet another Chimera finally dropped a cyno and local exploded with the battlecruisers and assorted support the 5-M SBU fleet had finally arrived.

Despite some solid repping early on from their carriers, the lower EHP of their battlecruisers started to weigh against them and with some target switching, they started to sink fairly rapidly. For our part, though, we were also gradually losing battleships.

To add to the chaos, The Forgotten Navy arrived in bombers and began making some rather well organised bombing runs on the battle. I am not sure who they intended to support and presume that they had a simple incendiary motive at heart, to blow things up without discretion. It certainly made life difficult for the Guardians (being less robust than capital rep), along with the fact that our battleships made for less mobile targets than much of what was on grid. I don't think they particularly intended to go for any side more though - someone suggested that the original bombs were aimed at us simply because they expected us to die wanted to get on the mails Inevitably, it spiced things up for both sides.

With the hostiles still having seven carriers, and several of them triage, clearly there would soon come a point where the rep on their battlecruiser's EHP would catch up to our damage, if we lost too many of our twenty battleships. So we jumped in Davinci's triage Archon, to balance things out a little.

In the midst of all this, Zagdul had warped off his triage Chimera, and, it later transpired, repaired his overheated mods in station and then returned straight into the heart of the battle to continue repping the support. He'd cooked the mods whilst being the third primed carrier and whilst being put to armour before the backup arrived.

The battle was beginning to turn against them, however. A fair amount of their support had been killed and the rest began making it's way to to the shield. Realising that our rep was holding well, we started trying to bump some of the seven remaining carriers away from the shield edge. Due to his commendable return to the field, Zagdul was a little further off than the others, and soon got bumped clear. With the hostile fleet having now entirely retired to the shield, it seemed over. But a few die-hard pilots raced out of the shield to try and get run-ups to bump him back in. Some came close to managing it, some died in the process and some probably bumped him the wrong way. In the end, despite a good effort to claw him back, he'd been bumped rather far off the shield.

We thus returned to what we'd been doing before the untimely interruption of the support fleet shooting Zagdul's triage Chimera. Somewhat regrettably he fell on his sword before perishing to fire, and self-destructed. Nontheless, it was a good fight and his shield booster must have been worn to the bone, much deserving a rest in Module Valhalla.

After that we looted the field and headed home. Overall it was another enjoyable fight with Dek Coalition forces, who seem to bring some good action to these parts.

http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboa...d&kll_id=29483

Fantastic BR, great write up, pictures and KB links. Keep the good fights rolling

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

Quote Originally Posted by TimNeilson View Post
    e: also lollin' at LOTD thinking they might get a fight out of bipolar stability and then losing 3 scims to ishuk-rata
    hmm, is a bit of a sore point, not sure what happend there, our logi's did go down super fast. Jumping gate into another fleet isn't always easy on the logis to break range but hey eve happens.

I-Red put up a good fight, I think they deserve some credit. Their last few ships & logi, had ample time to deagg and bug out, but instead they committed & fought to the last ship. (well an oneros and another gaurdian made it both where able to jump gate in hull)
    Last edited by jinrah; July 25 2011 at 06:07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pBump View Post

Come to think of it, I actually don't know if RnK are good at EvE, or just good at fuck off fleets and picking on people who can't compete with them. Beating the pants off of LotD and Huzzah must be taxing. I honestly don't know what to make of Lord Maldoror's 'amicable chap' bit, while simultaneously playing EVE in the most douchebag of ways.

"We're here for the good fights chaps, I swear!" (25 Battleships, 8 Guardians and 3 Archons)
    It's not really RnK's fault the people in Syndicate are pretty rubbish. The only reason most of them can't possibly take on RnK fleets is not because of numbers but simply because they are not very good.

It's not really RnK's fault the people in Syndicate are pretty rubbish. The only reason most of them can't possibly take on RnK fleets is not because of numbers but simply because they are not very good.
    I totally get that, but lets not talk about regulating Syndicate and preserving the integrity of 'GF's' in one breath, while simultaneously using a titan to bridge in a fuck off fleet on disorganized retards. I understand this is EVE, and it's cutthroat and ganking people is fun, but lets call a spade a spade.

Speaking for myself, I can't stomach the way RnK play EvE. Their fleet compositions and their constant use of a Titan Bridge is completely over the top in Syndicate.

Highfalutin principles indeed.

That's Eve though. If you wanna beat them get your eyes there, get a good fleet composition, trick them, lay traps, take opportunities. That's what they do.

That's Eve though. If you wanna beat them get your eyes there, get a good fleet composition, trick them, lay traps, take opportunities. That's what they do.
    tbh this is the just of it, adapt or die. R&K's vids have been inspiration to myself and my corp mates for ages. Would love the opertunity to play them at their own game, but have a long upward climb to reach anywhere near their experiance level. Not trying to brown-nose here, just being honest.