hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 616 12341151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmnt80 View Post
    This is the thread for the area of EVE responsible for spawning some of the worst shitposters to ever be inflicted on the community, syndicate.

Current Residents of Note:

MoW-Uni: EZA/6-C
    As ever, you can spot members of EVE-Uni and MoW camping the 6-C gate in Reb, looking from easy kills and running away whenever a gang comes in looking for a fight.

Clockwork Pineapple: AAS
    Can be spotted moving around in a 10-15 man gang on weekends during US TZ, smaller gangs may appear during weekdays, depending on mood.

FIGL: 31-
    Decent US TZ presence, can easily form a 15-20 man gang during US Prime, very fond of roaming in T1 cruiser gangs when the mood takes them.

CAS: RF-
    Currently fighting with FIGL over control of various structures in the pocket they share, always good for a fight if spotted.

Space Violence: FD-
    Its smaller groups of goons doing syndicate style PVP. Its a good thing. Most often spotted camping the PF- gate.

Ineluctable: PC9
    I hope you like shooting poses, because that seems to be the best way to get their attention. If you do, be prepared for Cruise Phoons, Harpy fleet or Ahacs. Blue to Usurper.

I-Red: 98Q
    Everyone's favorite risk averse pvpers, currently fighting with usurper over control of the suba pipe/pocket, can be spotted in the occasional talwar fleet. Activity has greatly dropped off in the last few months.

Usurper: I-0ab
    Blue to Ineluctable, Nothing really noteworthy other than them fighting I-Red for control of the suba pocket

Agony: 3KNK
    If someone from agony wants to write a thing on their current status. I know they're alive and shoot FIGL and CAS in EU TZ and early US TZ (I think), but thats about it.

Nova Prime: A-Z/Y9G
    Operates in the Y9G pocket, appears to be EU TZ. Lost several towers to Ineluctable over the last few months.

Ev0ke: VSIG
    Apparently living in the area behind cloud ring, Blue to Vega, Active in early EU TZ, Fighting Recontructed Criticism over moons in the pockets behind Outer Ring

Vega: 0T-
    Blue to Evoke, Also fighting Reconstructed Criticism for moons in the pockets behind Outer Ring, Also active in EU TZ

Reconstructed Criticism: EF-
    Apparently fighting Ev0ke and Vega over resources in the pockets behind Outer Ring. Active in EU and early US TZs.

Nearby sources of "Content":

Did He Say Jump: Solitude
    Operating from one of the lowsec systems just outside of Y9G, Capable of utilizing just about any fleet type in US TZ, Gangs tend to not pass 10 members in our experience.

Wreckless: Harroule
    Can be spotted camping the MHC gate. Will form a gang and fight on occasion. Early to prime US TZ seems to be the best bet for catching them while they're active.

More that I've forgotten. Mention them to me and I'll add them.

Smuggo's original post:
      Spoiler:
    Well I'll get the ball rolling on failheap with a Syndicate storm in a teacup.

Over the past week, 3-Gun, RPSH, MDYN and CADS have left or been kicked or are about to leave Huzzah.

We'll be sticking round surrounding lowsec areas for a bit until we decide what to do with ourselves, but Syndicate was getting real boring and HF leadership was full of too much bullshit.

Anyway, should make life a bit easier for the other residents of Syndicate now HF has shrunk a bit.
    Last edited by Cue1*; July 2 2014 at 09:13:51 PM.

Re: Syndicate 09/04/11 - ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo
    but Syndicate was getting real boring

couldnt get fights because you blued a bunch of people, what a shame.

MOD EDIT: First ban candidate. Leaving this pathetic post as an example of what not to do.

Ma... I mean Grarr

Quote Originally Posted by Leboe
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo
    but Syndicate was getting real boring

couldnt get fights because you blued a bunch of people, what a shame.
    Quite, I didn't blue em though.

Syndicate always moves in expand/split/reform cycles in this, and Huzzah's been through two or three of them now (remember OSS?), so it's not really unexpected.

Huzzah had blued up with Rooks and Kings and were titan-bridging everything in the area. We knew a split was inevitable when the frenchies in Cloud Ring felt like they had to ask permission to shoot a hostile POS without getting their caps shat on. Rote Kapelle simply stopped visiting because we felt you wouldn't engage with anything small and fun (HAC vs HAC, etc).

(Really, I think this is the one tiny upside of Syndicate - the ratting is so utterly shit out here that people aren't content to stay still when there's no fighting. If you're not spending your time here fighting, you're effectively wasting time that should be spent getting into an alliance with better carebearing space. IOW, it's so shitty out here that it forces people to decide what really motivates them - Eve's little Arrakis.)

Best of luck in whatever you do next. If you're in the TXW or Placid area and feel like doing small skirmishes, give us a yell.

(FAKEEDIT: CADS is one of the best corp names I've seen in Eve )

Thanks nam, we also have a cool custom KB theme to go with it

I agree, the alliance was simply too large and had too much firepower it could call on for the region. Thing is, there's no point trying to rule Syndicate because it's just not worth ruling.

A few FCs had been trying to keep gangs smaller and go out in lighter ships but I guess people always have the fear you'll bring something bigger. Getting people to actually fly key ships like dictors and logis was a fucking nightmare as well, and then arguments about moons meant it was just time to go.

Cads had been in Syndicate for nearly a year, most of us learnt to PvP there, and we've certainly picked up a lot from various people (red and blue) in our time there. We'll be lurking around destroying our sec status for a little while at least so maybe we'll come across you.

Couple of questions...

Does STUGH have any sort of EU TZ these days?

Do RPSH know where they're going?

STUGH EU TZ is pretty fucking pathetic but it seems they're working on it. Atleast, I hope they are.

STUGH has a very small eutz but directors are trying to recruit corps so we can send out gangs in eutz all he time. The problem is that while half the alliance is recruiting, the other half is trolling eutz corps out of the alliance because someone fitted a small neut on a vaga...15times in a row :P
    Hey, I just met you,
    and this is crazy
    but here's my number,
    so call me, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Almaric
    We'll definitely be following our best buds forever, RPSH, eventually, but I'm not sure what they're doing yet.

I'd guess the goal is moving to a more rewarding and challenging area of nulsec, so small gang skillz can be honed and fun can be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Rans
    STUGH has a very small eutz but directors are trying to recruit corps so we can send out gangs in eutz all he time. The problem is that while half the alliance is recruiting, the other half is trolling eutz corps out of the alliance because someone fitted a small neut on a vaga...15times in a row :P
    We're seriously better off without LUCHR.

Couple of questions...

Does STUGH have any sort of EU TZ these days?
    Yes we do but our corporate EU TZ can only be described as formative right now. We have roughly a dozen new EU TZ pilots since Feb, but I'm not going to say much more here because this isnt' a recruitment forum. Convo me if you need an interview.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!

yes we do but im not telling!

we have an area for us and our space chums in mind but we are dealing with logistical ball aches currently before our temp naps drop today,

where ever we go though we will probably announce in this sub forum, i would like to think we have a good rep for bringing the fights where ever we travel, us and our internet space buds will be defo looking for trouble

edit - pro bridge burning there smuggs
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

its me, i'm the STUGH eutz

also, i dont get to play that much so yeah, we're working on it

<--- that is one ugly smiley

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean

edit - pro bridge burning there smuggs
    To be fair Huzzah leadership started the fire when they kicked two corps, revoked all alliance access to towers, kicked CEOs from directors channels and banned a whole heap of forum access.

Huzzah needed to burn the moment emo poem was posted. Words cannot describe, so ill just leave it here in all its glory

When you form the fleet,
    your hopes are in the future,
    to find targets,
    to find fleets
    which you could tank
    which you could break
    which you could kill
    and get the pods
    and get everyone on the killmails.

Doesnat matter, what ship you are in,
    or what damage you could take,
    when you're together with your friends, you can rely on,
    you will be successfull on the fields.

Its all about undocking and roaming around in space.

Find targets, get eyes in front of you, behind you, in every system.
    In between, a drake, a claw, hopefully doesnt make it to the gate.
    Always have a dictor, fleets are nothing without a dictor and let him not loggoff or having connection problems.
    No kills, Marillio, no kills.
    Its all about kills, and if someone tells you, not to post the killmail streight away after receiving it, kick him from fleet. Hes a fucking noob, who doesnt know.
    Leave Huzzah, as it is: A fucking awsome PVP alliance, which will fight everything on the overview.
    Huzzah and GF in local, thats, what its all about.
    Keeep the fire burning, Pals.
    I was asked to give you a focus
    I think, I did it. The rest is up to you, folks.
    Thx for the Fun, we had in the last month. Your the best.
    Marillio
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    German poetry
    Gets better every time I read it. It's a shame he wouldn't stand for it and subsequently deleted it. Although that might have been because the thread got 0 replies and he didn't feel the love he assumed he'd get.

I was happy a thread on my forum had finally breached page two. Imagine my surprise when I read it and it's nothing but shit. I had to cut out half of the posts. There's a reason why this place used to be moderated: Because there were people that didn't care about arbitrary bullshit and shit flinging and just wanted to read battle reports. I'd like to keep it that way.

as a relatively neutral party in the whole affair, with spacemates in both camps (they think i'm a cunt, mind) there is less edrama here than it would appear.

Tl tldr is that a drunken eben was tired of huzzah being a bit ineffectual, and went on a srs rant of biblical proportions in a ceo meeting after somebody basically asked him to stop being so eben because it offended their corpmates, which is like throwing a menstruating heamophilliac in with a violently drunk tigershark, and over a prolonged period he announced his intention to fuck off. Im sure a great many lines were crossed that night in ways and places some present had never imagined possible.

Eagle wanted to patch things up because <3 but the die had been cast and rpsh duly left with a plan to do something completely different.

At this point I should point out that mr rochelle is beligerent, abusive, frequently angry and even more frequently hilarious. Top chap, but possibly not so palletable for those of a more.. sensitive.. disposition. Huzzah on the other hand are more laid back and generally p.chill about not taking the game too seriously, sometimes to the point of being a bit rubbish and not really giving a damn if they are, as long as they're having fun. Chalk and cheese in other words.

trigun, who are lowsec badasses, had already left hf prior to this without any particular whiff of drama after deciding it wasn't for them. So when rpsh left some of the other corps decided they a) couldnt live without eben telling then to SHUT THE FUCK UP on vent and b) didn't want to spend another night trying to solicit x's or lure their alliance mates off station. Cads asked to be booted because their ceo was away, and mdyn were kicked for apparently trying to poach players.

And that is more or less it. The vorgon poetry came from marillio who is a lovely chap, and has recently gone afk due to work stuff after spending months helping build hf up and fcing fleets every day (part of the reason hf have gone inactive tbh, mari is/was a huge part of huzzah) I dropped roles in gsy yesterday as the whole situation is getting a bit lulzy, and since the event everybody involved has been retconning the hell out of the whole thing.

I also predicted this would happen if rpsh joined huzzah when I left rpsh for gsy. Does anybody listen to me? Do they fuck as like.

Im more interested in what comes next tbh...

Outer Ring [PICTURE HEAVY]

Outer Ring is a region that could use some love (the SHC thread for it was often quiet) and so I'd like to add two battle reports. The first appeared last month in abbreviated form and in the wrong section in SHC and the second concerns a fight that took place last week and will be prepared after this one. I apologise for the number of images (I will use them more sparsely in future, or use links) but since Norda kindly provides the hosting I'd like to make the most of it this time as it helps tell the story. The in-line width is cropped to 1200pixel width, so there should be no horizontal scroll issues aside from on mobile devices.

---

We were scouting around to see if Ares Protectiva had a fleet and suddenly noticed that P-N had 100+ in local. Closer inspection revealed it to be a Goon/Test max-alpha gang (70ish Maelstroms, Drakes and Scimitars) with capitals (4 titans, 5-6 supercarriers, and around 20 dreads/carriers). They were sitting on a tower that was about to exit RF. The clock ticked over and needless to say, the tower popped rather quickly indeed.

At the time we had about 45 armour BS/Guardians (Rooks and Kings and friends from Huzzah). I decided we'd wait and look for an opportunity. This opportunity soon presented itself in the form of a Rorqual, anchoring a new tower on the freshly cleansed grid. Their capitals jumped out and support warped off, so we decided to portal onto the Rorqual:

Unfortunately for us, he was a rather sharp Rorqual pilot. I think Rorqual pilots probably don't get their due sometimes: they often have to anchor a zillion POS and surely should be succumbing to the call of movies, music and Hentai as the evening wears on and the gaze drifts to secondary screens. To his credit, he warped out cleanly just as a dictor loaded grid and the bubble went up:

After stewing in our own bubble for a few minutes, we went and sat on the EF-F gate, at zero. The Goon/Test support fleet then warped in next to us at zero to the gate, dropped a cyno, and jumped all of their capitals back in (i.e. supers, dreads and carriers). The supers/caps aggro'd us on the P-N side and their support jumped past us to EF-F. Not wanting to give them too much time to pull range, we jumped through with them, and a slugfest ensued:

Since we're supposed to be in the vacuum of space, it's entirely metaphorical to speak of feeling the heat of battle. Nontheless, there are a few tangible measures to know you're in a good fight: broadcast window overflowing, taut requests on comms rising and targets sinking. We cut through them pretty quickly but we were losing some BS too. I'd say we were killing BS at more than a 2:1 rate, though since we were outnumbered in them by the same ratio that left things in the balance.

When I enquired, Mesh opined that rep was stabilising and that was good enough for me, so we kept on it. Linas kept their Vulture neuted down, which also helped sycthe through the EHP faster.

Finally, a cyno dropped and their supers/caps jumped over to our side to unify their fleet:

Well, nearly all their caps jumped. Eldareth had cunningly tackled a Phoenix on the other side as they began jumping to our side. So we now started jumping back to P-N, where the tackled Phoenix was waiting, unable to join his otherwise freshly unified fleet on the EF side. On their arrival in EF, the titans tried to DD our Guardians but each time they were locked, they jumped. The process took just long enough and just enough rep remained in EF to allow the battleships to jump safely to P-N:

The Phoenix proved to be a very useful hostage. We started killing him, to try and force their support to jump before the Supers/caps were capped enough to go with them:

The supers/caps simply weren't ready to jump yet again, although they started setting up cap transfer. With the Phoenix in trouble, their support did eventually start to jump, albeit piecemeal, so there were several lone kills such as this Tengu:

Finally, their remaining support jumped in its entirety and the fight began again in earnest:

However, the Guardians were keeping up the rep now and we still had enough dps to break theirs. Meanwhile, on the other side in EF, a dictor bubble delayed their capitals further, even though they now had the capacitor to jump. Finally another cyno dropped, the heavens parted and they jumped back to this side, leaving a lone bubbled Avatar on the EF-F side:

With the situation reversed again and the Avatar now taking on the hostage role which the Phoenix had earlier, our fleet jumped again to EF-F. As you can see below, our errant fleet commander was off the gate and I had to warp off and back to zero to make the jump to EF. Although all our Guardians once again made it through, the titans were able to DD our Damnation this time.

Back in EF-F, the Avatar managed to warp out but some support which had hastily jumped to help him, was killed off. This left our fleet holding EF-F (shown below) and the Goon supers/caps in P-N, with the remains of their support.

We looted for a while and then decided to take the initiative, turn the tables and jump into them. Their supers & caps warped off and we fought what was left of their support fleet:

The hostile support soon began warping out too and we killed what remained:

gfs were exchanged in local and we began looting the P-N side, too. But we then discovered their supers & caps were sitting at the onlining tower the slippery Rorqual had dropped earlier on. We warped to them but, at the same time, an Ares Protectiva sniping HAC gang turned up (the folks we'd been looking for originally) and killed our tackler on the POS. The goon supers/caps jumped out, though we managed to point a Revelation, at least, who sd'd:

A lot of gate dancing involved and respect to the Goons who brought a cool fight and slugged it out in style.

Closest thing to battle summary would be the link below. Quite a lot of ships are missing from related (especially supers and caps, since our losses were mainly from the first EF jump, where the caps were still the other side). It's also missing a couple Goon BS killed and a couple Huzzah BS lost, but final tally was about 45ish kills (+ dread) for 16 lost:

http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboa...t&kll_id=22642

Donor

Re: Outer Ring

Never stop posting pics. They add a ton to batreps. Looks like a fun fight.