hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [NOVA] It's shit

[NOVA] It's shit

Don't fucking bother, it's a fat fucking blackjack that's a bit beefier. I have one with a clan ac20 and medium lasers, another with 2 CERLLS and 4 CERMLS and they're both pretty fucking dull

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Don't fucking bother, it's a fat fucking blackjack that's a bit beefier. I have one with a clan ac20 and medium lasers, another with 2 CERLLS and 4 CERMLS and they're both pretty fucking dull
    Damn... my favourite mech.

OTOH, I've been fairly certain it'll be shit for a while.

12 smalls on a nova is broken right now. Goes up to 80ish% ghost heat, but does 60 pinpoint alpha. If you actually split 6 lasers in each group heat is only like 35%. Nerfs might be coming for it.

6 mediums + 4 MG is also very good. 42 alpha with 4 mg makes for a good brawler.
    MWO: THE LAST JEDI

I might give that a fucking shot and see how it goes, I was fucking around with a small laser set up and did good damage with it but it was only one game and the amount of heat from it pissed me off. That and grouping them is a fucking pain because it's not an even split

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Confirming 12 ER Smalls + 4 Doom Cannons (Clan MG's... yes they sound that cool) is R4P3.
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Fucking A I'll give that a whirl

phoneposting

2 ppcs + load of heat sinks + JJ is also fun. Make sure you put the torso ominpods that give you twist bonuses.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    If I get a clan mech (when they come out for cbills, fawk payin rl moneyz) I want to get this one.

It looks so awesome.
    It's 2019. Get a grip.

I'd hold off. They are definitely going to nerf ER Small Lasers aka THE NOVA
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

I'm still not feeling it mates. This thing is just too big a target

phoneposting

This works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

I'm thoroughly disliking the NVA-S.

It's slow; it's fat; and it lacks a decent punch. I'm running Dual ER-PPC, Quad ER-SLs, Quad Doomcannon. Heat is fine if I chain fire the PPCs. But it just lacks oomph (partly that's because I'm shit at aiming PPCs for some reason).

I keep making foolish decision and getting caught out.... I think you need to play it like you have no armour and use JJs to get sneak attacks in before withdrawing.... which isn't really how I have tended to play.
    Last edited by Kai; October 11 2014 at 03:59:24 PM.

Considering its hitbox its not able to play hit and run games because it gets the shit kicked out of it when it's outbound. It's a fucking lump

phoneposting

It's pretty shit. Stormcrow is the Clan Medium Mech of choice. Assuming Ice Ferret doesn't dumpster it, ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    It's pretty shit. Stormcrow is the Clan Medium Mech of choice. Assuming Ice Ferret doesn't dumpster it, ofc.
    It won't, Stormcrow is a 55t with the size and HP of a 50t but the striking power of an IS 60-65ter and speed ~100kph. That's awesomesauce. It also has 3 distinct configs all of which are basically viable:
    1. LR Lazor boat; plays to the meta sit back with the herd add dual ER-LL damage to the primary.
    2. UAC20 striker; hit and run around the flanks with a UAC20.... oh yes.
    3. Missile boat; either play the SRM striker version, the SSRM anti-light version or the dual-LRM support boat (basically doing the job of a Catapult on a Medium hull).

Shadowcat may outperform it: but only due to being able to ECM + JJs + striker wpns fit (either CSRMs or UAC20 depending on how they do the ECM).

I couldn't get one and I thought 'I'll get a Nova, it's clan it can't be that shit'. Lack of endo seriously gimps anything that isn't the Prime, and heat-scaling seriously gimps the prime. So after playing it last night, I jumped back into my BJ-1 for some hit and run funness.... it wipes the floor with the Nova. So yeah, Mech is objectively worse than it's IS competitors and will be even worse after the IS twerk-buff.
    Last edited by Kai; October 12 2014 at 03:13:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    It won't, Stormcrow is a 55t with the size and HP of a 50t but the striking power of an IS 60-65ter and speed ~100kph. That's awesomesauce.
    With CW looking at 240T dropdecks, 2x Timber + 2x Ferret might be a thing.

[NOVA] It's COMPLETE shit.

Elited mine and kept prime varriant. Its good mech actually.

Best setup 8x CERML 4xMGs

You get penalized for shooting all 8 but you dont overheat (spike up to 95%). Can one shot light mediums and lights.
    Dont go solo anywhere and just provide firesupport.
    In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? ... At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will.

Going to upgrade my kitfox purchase to include the Nova and Summoner. Thinking about a couple fits...

Will smurfy these tonight:

2 CERLL, 4 CERML, 4 CMG

CUAC/10, 6 CERSL

The Prime variant actually doesn't look too bad, just fire one arm at a time.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

While the laser show nova is good, I prefer the 6 ML set up a bit more. You get the arm quirks, and more heat sinks...overall it doesn't pack the omg alpha, but it's a little more balanced (and 42 alpha still isn't to be sneezed at coming from a medium).