hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Tank-changes

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    magnifier scopes on mag rider make it turn like a shopping trolley with 1 wheel. can be useful on lightnings though. so probably useful for sniping with OP vanguard.
    Just adjust your sensitivity, you can make it turn pretty much as fast/slow as you want. I use max zoom on my AP Mag because my screen/graphics kinda suck and it's nice to be able to see shit from farther away.
    Just put "turn left" and "turn right" on you keyboard (i use space and left ctrl, as they are not used for anything else while in a tank).
    But then you (Sp4m) are a NC and you should activate you shield and drive off a cliff in real life (in game).

Good thing they do not change it (yet). I rather keep my bad bullet-velocity than have even worse (even if the others are being hit harder by the nerf).

But i fear for my magrider even more now, because the biggest advantage it had was its turret-stabilization. That is gone now.
    Now it only has the biggest disadvantage of having very little fov.

Its description should read "compared to the Vanguard and Prowler, the Magrider has no turnable turret as the whole tank is essentially a big gun. It therefore has the highest damage."
    Are you forgetting strafing?

I mean come on.

Fagriders. Strafe at long range. correct your aim with super high ROF.
    Turn Vanguard-side towards enemy. Turn turret 90 (towards enemy). Strafe faster than magrider. Vanguard side-armor is higher than Magrider front-armor. Dodge Magrider-bullets that are still the slowest. If still too difficult activate shield.

Again, the biggest advantage the Magrider had, was its stabilized gun. With it long-range sniping was half possible even with the slowest bullet-velocity and biggest bullet-drop.
    Now every tank gets turret stabilization. Don't get me wrong though, i'm not against it. But it should've been there for all the tanks from the start.
    And it just frustrates me that SOE does obviously not see it as a big deal balance-wise.
    It would be like "hey, VS-guns are now stabilized and have no horizontal recoil anymore." or a less extreme thing "VS-soldier-armor has been updated with more feather-inlets and have no weapon-shake from eplosions or being hit anymore (like the 'Battle-Hardened'-Implant)".

If you cant hit a strafing mag with the hitscan Vanguard AP gun... Should probably work on your aim a bit.

Mag ROF? 0.25secs faster than Vanguards (3.75sec to 4sec).. for 10% less dmg. Yeah its not really an advantage. Tank battles are all about alpha.

Its funny because you lot sound as fucking gay as your purple Armour looks right about now.

But yeah, carry on, I'm really listening/concerned.

No really I am.

No you're right: NC is hardmode. Vanguard worst tank.

Its funny because you lot sound as fucking gay as your purple Armour looks right about now.

No really I am.
    0/10 could try harder.

No really I am.
    I'll ask the MCY guys next time they're playing with us after primetime, they're probably gonna say the same thing as Cortess and Sandzibar...

Sp4m, what is your NC character name? I could use a good laugh.

Part of the reason why the NC are so fucking awful on every server is their utter certainty that they are "under powered". The reality is you shitters have the best arsenal in every aspect.

"Some of the best weapons, some of the worst players."

But, but WAAAAAH RECOIL IS TOO HARD TO DEAL WITH! </everyncshitterever>

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post
    But, but WAAAAAH RECOIL IS TOO HARD TO DEAL WITH! </everyncshitterever>

-O
    How is this hard?

My god such rage. Please keep the neg-repps coming.

Bunch of children!

My god such rage. Please keep the neg-repps coming.

Bunch of children!
    Wrekt.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Panda View Post

Part of the reason why the NC are so fucking awful on every server is their utter certainty that they are "under powered". The reality is you shitters have the best arsenal in every aspect.

Ok 2 parts of your statement don't add up - How can we have the worst players on EVERY Server? Doesn't that sound a little iffy to even you?

Was it, pick a team, Science, Communism, or stupid? Is that how the team selection looked to you?

I don't whine about ANYTHING on here, I was just saying hooray for a tank that can move in more than one direction at any speed now... however now you mention it the entire group I started playing with through beta quit because they didn't feel the game was balanced and we'd come too far to re-roll. Although some still did. To VS. Surprisingly enough. Still didn't stick around, we'd got up to br 20-30 something and the grind was just not fun from scratch.

Seriously, you play VS, I get it, your gunna be all "VS VS VS", but I don't moan here or talk shit about 0recoil vs weapons or tr max's vs scattershit with norange... I come to talk about the game and how its developing for everyone, if you want a vanu circlejerk please continue but otherwise fuck off tbh. I couldn't give a shit what you think about my team (yes there are a lot of morons welcome to MMO's) and my weapons (for the record I use a hell of a lot of NS stuff... wonder why that is...) so fuck yourself.

Also, take a wild fucking guess at my character name you plebb.

Bads are posting I can see them.

Ok 2 parts of your statement don't add up - How can we have the worst players on EVERY Server? Doesn't that sound a little iffy to even you?

Was it, pick a team, Science, Communism, or stupid? Is that how the team selection looked to you?

I don't whine about ANYTHING on here, I was just saying hooray for a tank that can move in more than one direction at any speed now... however now you mention it the entire group I started playing with through beta quit because they didn't feel the game was balanced and we'd come too far to re-roll. Although some still did. To VS. Surprisingly enough. Still didn't stick around, we'd got up to br 20-30 something and the grind was just not fun from scratch.

Seriously, you play VS, I get it, your gunna be all "VS VS VS", but I don't moan here or talk shit about 0recoil vs weapons or tr max's vs scattershit with norange... I come to talk about the game and how its developing for everyone, if you want a vanu circlejerk please continue but otherwise fuck off tbh. I couldn't give a shit what you think about my team (yes there are a lot of morons welcome to MMO's) and my weapons (for the record I use a hell of a lot of NS stuff... wonder why that is...) so fuck yourself.

Also, take a wild fucking guess at my character name you plebb.
    <serious>Instead of responding to spacepanda you might try addressing cortess's post. Don't even start max's I would trade my max for that shit faster than a jackhammer kill</serious>

Let me tell you a fucking love my long range sniper max. There are so many bases that are like half a km across I can snipe other maxes on when they are in the open field in the middle of the base and our max is so fast I can totally get away if my spot gets overrun. VS ranged max is excellent! I use that range to my advantage in every single biolab fight let me tell you! I have so much pity for the NC max which is only good in buildings where it doesn't have to move very far and hundreds of people have to walk in front of it.
    Last edited by Synapse; June 20 2014 at 12:54:18 AM.

It's easy. modern games are full of such reflex-impaired dregs that a little recoil in the form of an EM6 is too much for them. All factions are full of these retards, it's just that NC have more weapons with a learning curve to make them whine. Also Space Panda is a TR. Probably the worst faction for infantry right now.

Your weapons are good, you're just bad
    Last edited by mewninn; June 20 2014 at 01:22:27 AM.

sp4m you adhere to the three holy bads. i also didn't fucking read anything you just said.

sp4m you adhere to the three holy bads. i also didn't fucking read anything you just said.
    He's kinda mad. http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...s-every-Friday

Actually the VS have the best AV weapon in the game, and by a rather large margin too. You could also argue we have the best LMGs, but it's close. Our MAX is the best at medium range, but that's rarely relevant. The Scythe is the best at hover duels, but get's raped by the Vortek if you're too close. The Lasher is also the only heavy weapon that benefits from teamwork, but it's so damn niche that I don't think that qualifies as "better". TBH I'd still rather have the Lasher then the MCG or the Skillhammer though, I like having unique options.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

Also Space Panda is a TR. Probably the worst faction for infantry right now.
    I was using the CARV on my Connery TR character, it's ssssooooooooo good man.
    Last edited by ValorousBob; June 20 2014 at 02:12:48 AM.

Carv is definitely good for that style of LMG, but I still autistically use the MSWR. We also have decent medic guns. But in the end, NC have amazing guns in every category. Lancer is definitely the best for squad work though, so I'll give you guys that. Though given the example of the new NS Jackhammer, I wouldn't be surprised if they released some NS Gauss Canon.

I do agree that TR is the worst for infantry, but it's especially painful within carbines. Well, it isn't that painful most of the time since most people are BAD, but when you are going up against a good player, it just kind of sucks to get dumpstered by a Cyclone or GD7F when you are being honourable with your Jaguar in a World of Tanks. It isn't that big of a deal though - horrible performance is more of an issue for me than my chattering armaments. I think the best thing the TR have is the Banshee. That's why I use it.

Sp4m, your feelings please me. I also lurked you and your top infantry weapons aren't even sanctioned in the holy book of data. It's as if your use of such arms never occurred, yet your lack of honour remains exposed, your name forever besmirched. Too bad one cannot fall on his own blade in-game.
    Last edited by Space Panda; June 20 2014 at 08:05:08 AM.

Carv is definitely good for that style of LMG, but I still autistically use the MSWR. We also have decent medic guns. But in the end, NC have amazing guns in every category. Lancer is definitely the best for squad work though, so I'll give you guys that. Though given the example of the new NS Jackhammer, I wouldn't be surprised if they released some NS Gauss Canon.

I do agree that TR is the worst for infantry, but it's especially painful within carbines. Well, it isn't that painful most of the time since most people are BAD, but when you are going up against a good player, it just kind of sucks to get dumpstered by a Cyclone or GD7F when you are being honourable with your Jaguar in a World of Tanks. It isn't that big of a deal though - horrible performance is more of an issue for me than my chattering armaments. I think the best thing the TR have is the Banshee. That's why I use it.

Sp4m, your feelings please me. I also lurked you and your top infantry weapons aren't even sanctioned in the holy book of data. It's as if your use of such arms never occurred, yet your lack of honour remains exposed, your name forever besmirched. Too bad one cannot fall on his own blade in-game.
    NS Jackhammer? Linky?

Is the Gauss canon an NC only sniper then? I've seen it... does it just have 0 bullet drop or something? if so may be p-cool. May pick it up.