hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonks: HELLKEK STRONGEST

Sim <3

Really not enjoying this atm ... it's like driving and trying to aim through molasses. Even the BT7, which apparently has a fast turning turret, im having to turn the whole tank as the quite simply the turret doesn't fucking move. When you finally get to shoot at something, it takes about 10 hits to kill anything, even when looking for the yellow reticle and using the AP ammo... one hit in return leads to an almost wreaked tank... the second shot IS a wreaked tank. Trying to repair is utterly pointless as you have to limp half a map away in order not to get ganked whilst being immobile.

Watched quite a few guides and vids and all the people playing get a good 3 - 4 single hit kills per round... i'm just not getting anything like that. Trying to flank the opposition is fucking pointless as after 3 shots into their sides the opposition get the idea, turn their turret and often 1 shot me .. Even found an afk t50 and took 8 shots at it with the stock t28 gun .... nothing except +1 after +1, even after moving round the t50 to shoot it in the sides and rear.

What am i doing wrong? :/

Also it seems quite a lot of the WoT plebs have moved over as the camping is already horrendous.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Tanks are slow no super speed turrets here.
    Learn to aim and get 1 shot kills.
    Arcade is a shit fest due to massive arrows over your head and the pen marker.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Really not enjoying this atm ... it's like driving and trying to aim through molasses. Even the BT7, which apparently has a fast turning turret, im having to turn the whole tank as the quite simply the turret doesn't fucking move. When you finally get to shoot at something, it takes about 10 hits to kill anything, even when looking for the yellow reticle and using the AP ammo... one hit in return leads to an almost wreaked tank... the second shot IS a wreaked tank. Trying to repair is utterly pointless as you have to limp half a map away in order not to get ganked whilst being immobile.

Watched quite a few guides and vids and all the people playing get a good 3 - 4 single hit kills per round... i'm just not getting anything like that. Trying to flank the opposition is fucking pointless as after 3 shots into their sides the opposition get the idea, turn their turret and often 1 shot me .. Even found an afk t50 and took 8 shots at it with the stock t28 gun .... nothing except +1 after +1, even after moving round the t50 to shoot it in the sides and rear.

What am i doing wrong? :/

Also it seems quite a lot of the WoT plebs have moved over as the camping is already horrendous.
    get out of arcade, and if you want to stay there it's the green cross you're meant to go for. also pure AP ammo is only ever good if you really can't pen otherwise - when it pens it does very little damage. APHE or similar is the best all-arounder

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    get out of arcade, and if you want to stay there it's the green cross you're meant to go for. also pure AP ammo is only ever good if you really can't pen otherwise - when it pens it does very little damage. APHE or similar is the best all-arounder
    Thanks for the information on the ammo, although it does seem to go against suggestions in the other thread. Arcade does indeed seem like a shitfest.

I generally aim lower rear quarter between tracks on the sides for engine shots or side of turrets for commander/gunner ganking. Although i didn't know about the 'just below turret' for ammo racks as well. I have seen a couple of vids that show the crew positions. Anywhere guides to show where they are on each tank? How the fuck do you actually get 1 shot kills ... Guides pls. Seek and ye shall find and all that but there is rather a derth of info on OBT at the moment that isn't just showing the shiny stuff.

oh and are there any mods that actually make the minimap useful. no friendlies, enemies or cap locations are showing up atm..
    Last edited by Smegs; May 18 2014 at 08:22:52 PM.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

BT7, which apparently has a fast turning turret

russian tanks op c/d

Quote Originally Posted by Nooby View Post
    russian tanks op c/d
    mehhhhh
    First tier is a rollercoaster.

First two T-34 are OP (just like irl), 57 and 85 are glass cannons.
    TDs are either glorious derp or proper bushwackers, SU-85 is ideal for Kursk.
    KV and IS are difficult to utilize.
    Last edited by RazoR; May 18 2014 at 08:31:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Thanks for the information on the ammo, although it does seem to go against suggestions in the other thread. Arcade does indeed seem like a shitfest.

I generally aim lower rear quarter between tracks on the sides for engine shots or side of turrets for commander/gunner ganking. Although i didn't know about the 'just below turret' for ammo racks as well. I have seen a couple of vids that show the crew positions. Anywhere guides to show where they are on each tank? How the fuck do you actually get 1 shot kills ... Guides pls. Seek and ye shall find and all that but there is rather a derth of info on OBT at the moment that isn't just showing the shiny stuff.

oh and are there any mods that actually make the minimap useful. no friendlies, enemies or cap locations are showing up atm..
    for ammo think of it like a sliding scale;

HE (barely any pen, but huge damage) APHE and similar (good pen, good damage) AP (excellent pen, low damage)

most of the time you'll be in the middle of the scale, so AP with HE component is ideal. pure AP is pretty much when you just can't pen (KV's etc) and want to do *any* damage, and pure HE is when you don't need to worry about pen (open topped things, AA nests)

for one shots as a general tip either go for hatches/viewports (it's rare you won't be able to hit one), or where you know ammo is stored.

AP has only slightly better pen than APHE so you are better off using APCR if you absolutely need to pen something.
    For an F-34/ZiS-5 i take around 2/3 APHE (MD-8) and 1/3 APCR.

Also the consensus is taking or having less ammo helps getting it critted instead of detonated.
    Last edited by RazoR; May 18 2014 at 08:42:51 PM.

The Russian 122 (D25-T) guns get APHEBC. Does that mean they get Penetration increase AND don't have to sacrifice damage? Muzzle velocity is the same as well so accuracy shouldn't be affected to bad.

Also with standard APHE on the 122mm guns (IS2-3-4) you can't pen a King/Jagd-Tiger unless you hit that lower plate. I assume you could go through the front turret of a KT at point blank range 180mm of armor vs 183mm of penetration. I can really only speak for the Jagdtiger because its the only tiger variant in the test drive field.

Speaking of the Jagdtiger... I feel sorry for anyone in front of it.
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

I really want to like this, but it just seems like an even worse camp-and-snipe-oneshotfest than WoT.

I like the big maps, probably not enjoying cause i got shit tanks and am a bad (germans tier 1 are so shit compared to russians it's not funny) but i dunno, they might have gone just a bit overboard with tank sluggishness. From what I see now, the game comes down to finding a camping sniper spot overlooking a cap point and farming kills. Tank models are awesome, maps I like, but I dunno, something in the gameplay...
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    I really want to like this, but it just seems like an even worse camp-and-snipe-oneshotfest than WoT.

I like the big maps, probably not enjoying cause i got shit tanks and am a bad (germans tier 1 are so shit compared to russians it's not funny) but i dunno, they might have gone just a bit overboard with tank sluggishness. From what I see now, the game comes down to finding a camping sniper spot overlooking a cap point and farming kills. Tank models are awesome, maps I like, but I dunno, something in the gameplay...
    Your awful and bad stug shits all over the russian line up and the panzer 4 can as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

You are doing something wrong, stop playing arcade, start moving out, the german pz3 tree is awesome esp. the pz3m.

pz2 with hvap owns as well

Simulator is cool, but it takes me 10+ minutes to find a match.

Then I get stuck on Kursk where the accuracy of the 75mm l/43 sucks dick.

Armor / Tactics doesn't mean shit on arcade where everyone can just wall hack you and have the computer aim their gun for them.
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Don't play germans get games?

WT Tonks, better looking, better maps, better gameplay but harder-to-be-decent than WoT.

But WoT still has Brits, and WT doesn't so....

Also Planes Arcade-4-Life, Tonks Realistic-4-Life.

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    (how to know how badly tank is damaged? is there an HP pool?)
    When you hit a tank, a big panel appears on the top right of your screen, with a detailed readout of the enemy modules and crew members and their respective states (color-coded). Much better than in WoT, whre the only visible crit is when a tank is tracked. In WT you get to know if the enemy's engine or gun or loader is damaged/unconsious. Which helps in decision making (advance and flank or retreat to cover).

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Much better than in WoT, whre the only visible crit is when a tank is tracked.
    sobad