hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonks: HELLKEK STRONGEST

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshnala View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshnala View Post
    I find it incredibly retarded that you now have to research 6 vehicles to get to the next tier tbh. And researching takes ages now too :S
    did you not expect they'd have the same system as they have in planes?
    I dont play planes, so i have no idea what system they use :P I just liked it way better how it was in CBT.
    but it was made easy in cbt so we could test things? i liked it too, but they're not going to make tanks easier to grind with than planes

With the amount of vehicles available it could also say "unlock all tanks in this tier" instead of 6/6 tho. Not unlocking ATSPGs is basically not an option.

Eh it's not like I unlocking things is particularly slow so whatever. They're not a charity in the end. Old 20tier system was unsustainable I reckon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

T-34/57 m43 is p. good

Zveroboy jr.

Thing is more with planes I had most stuff already so the 6planes/tier didn't come into play. Now I notice it and realize how little difference it is from the old unlocking by tier/level system.

With the Premium Sherman getting bumped up in BR it is no longer the seal clubbing machine it was. I would not say its struggling now but it is either right at average or a bit below in performance. The premium pzIII N? is a bit shit as well. Could just be me but the low velocity 75mm gun has trouble penetrating anything.

I am interested to try the T-34/57 premium, worth the $?

If it is anything like the normal 34/57 it should own pretty hard. The v0 is just awesome so it is easy to aim in real/sim while having a fuck ton of penetration. You still have some APHE ammo so even after penetration the effect on target is good.

T34 Prototype is like Harbinger of Tier1. Also platooned with some old WOT buddies last night, wow they were suprised how great of a game this is (not to mention that they played bad like all recent tank converts seem to).

Not having hit points and actually killing tanks in one shot is a nice change of pace. Sure wot had its one shot ammo racks but were for the most part rare.

The T34 proto dominates the Tier1 matches but not to the point were it was a wrecking ball m1abramsT90omg that the German Sherman was prenerf

The grind is definitely longer than planes. The vehicle research payout isn't at all the same, especially for simulator battles. Makes sense because of the limited number of tanks available I guess. Simulator battles are what I always hoped WoT would implement as a "hard mode" option for, at this point, several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Magnum View Post
    The grind is definitely longer than planes. The vehicle research payout isn't at all the same, especially for simulator battles. Makes sense because of the limited number of tanks available I guess. Simulator battles are what I always hoped WoT would implement as a "hard mode" option for, at this point, several years.
    there were quite enough 15 minute battles in wot from i remember

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Most annoying thing. Ever

You can just leave the tank

Dumping some screens.

Only things turned off are SSAO and grass/trees.

Spoiler:

The WoT incursion has definitely helped my winrate
    Last edited by RazoR; May 18 2014 at 05:48:12 AM.

So, open beta is here, i am here too.. Help!!!

After a long install, and 3 more additional updates, after logging in the game (?), finaly i got into the game. Engine is GREAT, just looking at puny PZKpF2 on the runway is a pleasure.. The details, mud on tracks, small damages.. Looks mighty great - and its not even on high visuals setting!

I am hopelessly lost in hostile UI, research tree, familiar, yet completely different tanks, and their strange modules.

Fuck it, lets play.

First match, karelia. In a noobtank PzKpW2, i set commands to be identical to Wot. Off we go.. OOOHHHH that drive! Dat slide!!! I love it. LOVE it!! Nature, forest, grass, the whole engine is miles ahead of Wot, without any, ANY frame rate issues. Feeling of driving a steel multi ton monster is there. pure pleasure to drive.

In distance i see red markers.. Get over there. put myself into hulldown, peek over ad shoot enemy tank.. Nothing happens.. I realize im shooting at a dead tank, that red marker is for someone further behind. FAIL. Lets go, i approcah their spawn point. I die.
    We lost that match. Post match report - im 14 out of 15 players.

Oh, its an arcade game. I noticed two other modes, which one is recommended? And why?

Second match, i manage to find a noob near their spawnpoint, and after one burst into his broadside, i killed him. Wow, that was easy! I find other one, damage him. I realize that it is pretty hard to notice enemies, and if i notice them, they are already fully aimed at me, and shooting my turret. I have no fucking idea about spotting mechanic here. We lost - i made some 1000 score (whatever that is) and im 8/15 in my team. Cool.
    Next match. I roll with 2 more lights. we approach capture point and kill 2 noobs pretty easily. Than, a guy appears in something like a strangely looking stugIII, and ignores our fire, raping all 3 of us easily. I respawn, charge back, he is fighting one of our tanks, so i manage to put a burst into his starbord side, however, i cant tell how much i damaged him.. (how to know how badly tank is damaged? is there an HP pool?)
    He deals with my ally, than turns and blows me straight to garage. We actually won that one, somehow.
    Next.
    Some beach map. I manage to get behind enemy PzKpW3 - whic is in this game, it seems, a heavy tank. I use mobility, to get behind him, my shots to his side dont pen at all, and shooting STRAIGHT into engine HARDLY penetrates.. Still, i manage to land a killing blow, we lost that one.

That was my 2 hour first experience. It was a blast, and frustrating as well. This game in no competition for Wot - they are SOOOOO much different, the only thing connecting them is fact there are some tanks in it. This is much more realistic experience, and much more personal than wot. I believe ill play both for years to come.

Questions:

- Should i switch to Russians? Can i grind both lines at same time?
    - How to - target aquisition?
    - any tips on how to not be a complete idiot?
    - Is this better game for sniping or playing aggressively, compared to Wot?
    - are there NPC tanks in game?? Because im pretty sure i killed one, and he had no name above him?

Cheers

There is no spotting mechanic like in WoT. If you can pull a line of sight you can see it. Stuff shows up on the minimap if you can get a LoS from your camera to the enemy tank.

There are no hitpoints like in WoT. You die if a certain combination of stuff is broken on your tank. Or if your crew is knocked out.

Yes there are NPC tanks and planes. Also AT and AAA positions so the maps feel more dynamic and like a proper battle not a small skirmish.

Yes you can grind multiple nations at once. Just play them in turns or whatever. You also donīt have to wait for one match to end to play the same tank again.

Just reminding that arcade is for faggots. I don't like markers in RB and zoomed in only view in SB though.

How to deal with Stug if your gun is shit: FLANK DAT BIATCH. Or shoot his bottom plate and driver's visor in close.

Both sniping and agressive works, depending on the situation.

Both russians and germans are cool, there is very few bad tanks and only one imba (fucking shermanaghhjhvahsds).

sherman is not op anymore since they sneakily raised its BR :P

So.. Realistic battles or Simulation battles?

What is your default playmode?