hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: General sleep isses thread

  1. #41
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Yeah, so last night I'm feeling pretty tired, almost falling asleep on the couch and went to bed at 11. Go for pee, brush teeth, get into bed and BAM! I am wide awake with absolutely no sleepy feeling at all.

    I think I should make the couch into my bed as I seem to be able to fall asleep on it at any time.

  2. #42
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Yeah, so last night I'm feeling pretty tired, almost falling asleep on the couch and went to bed at 11. Go for pee, brush teeth, get into bed and BAM! I am wide awake with absolutely no sleepy feeling at all.

    I think I should make the couch into my bed as I seem to be able to fall asleep on it at any time.
    Time for bed.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Yeah, so last night I'm feeling pretty tired, almost falling asleep on the couch and went to bed at 11. Go for pee, brush teeth, get into bed and BAM! I am wide awake with absolutely no sleepy feeling at all.

    I think I should make the couch into my bed as I seem to be able to fall asleep on it at any time.
    Time for bed.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  4. #44
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Yeah, so last night I'm feeling pretty tired, almost falling asleep on the couch and went to bed at 11. Go for pee, brush teeth, get into bed and BAM! I am wide awake with absolutely no sleepy feeling at all.

    I think I should make the couch into my bed as I seem to be able to fall asleep on it at any time.
    Time for bed.
    My boss said it isn't

  5. #45
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    4,828
    http://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php

    for people like me this is THE GREATEST THING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF ALL THE THINGS.

    i can really struggle to sleep sometimes, as for some reason i'm hypersenstive to noise (in general life, not just when trying to get to sleep... i very quickly find environments with a lot of different noises going on simultaneously exhausting.) anyway, the slightest thing can keep me awake for hours... the solution has been some kind of masking 'white noise'. i used to listen to www.rainymood.com constantly, but the above site is much better and can be calibrated to your specific hearing.

    hope it helps someone.

  6. #46
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    http://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php

    for people like me this is THE GREATEST THING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF ALL THE THINGS.

    i can really struggle to sleep sometimes, as for some reason i'm hypersenstive to noise (in general life, not just when trying to get to sleep... i very quickly find environments with a lot of different noises going on simultaneously exhausting.) anyway, the slightest thing can keep me awake for hours... the solution has been some kind of masking 'white noise'. i used to listen to www.rainymood.com constantly, but the above site is much better and can be calibrated to your specific hearing.

    hope it helps someone.
    I use a fan, it has the added benefit of air circulation.

  7. #47
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    4,828
    or for those in scotland, the added 'benefit' of circulating ass-fuck freezing foetid swamp gas.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    June 6, 2011
    Posts
    548
    Best option to resolve sleep issues is meditation as it fixes the root cause, a restless mind. Do 5-10 minutes before you go to sleep and after a while you will sleep like a baby at will. No fancy bed or noise shenanigans needed, no immediate results though.

    If you want to improve a weak body you have to condition it, same goes for the mind.
    “The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg

  9. #49
    Donor cheeba's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,341
    Get a dog or small child. You can't press snooze on them.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    December 29, 2011
    Posts
    569
    Major necro, I kinda remember us having a sleep (issue) thread, but couldn't find it.... Must be blind.

    So for the last 5 weeks I've been working night shift pretty consistly (normally I'm on a day/evening/night work rotation, which is pretty bad for sleep) and I don't know if it's cause I'm sleeping during the day, which I normally have no trouble doing, but I can't stand having a pillow anymore...

    If I sleep with a pillow, I can't sleep more than 3 hours and wake up feeling major pain my neck. If I sleep without one(can't even stand a folded blanket), I can sleep for a full 6 hours but it just feel so akward to be in bed without pillows and it take me a WHILE to fall asleep (which I normally don't have issue with).

    Also it could be in relation with the cold weather, but inside it shouldn't be an issue...

  11. #51

    Join Date
    January 25, 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3
    I use relax melodies to help me sleep better.

  12. #52

    Join Date
    December 29, 2011
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by helena View Post
    I use relax melodies to help me sleep better.
    When I'm sleeping during the day (which is suppose to be less than a week out of nine... LOL I'm pretty much always schedule on night shift... Not that I don't like it, since I'm alone at work), I usually get to sleep with a series or a twitch stream on, it make "normal" sound that my brain allow to drop everything else. I tried to have nature/smooth songs, but I can't last the 2 minutes it takes me to fall asleep.

  13. #53
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    6,302
    If you suffer from a vitamin D deficiency it can and probably will affect your sleep. You need to take around 4000 i/u of vitamin D daily to absorb enough to not be deficient.

    http://www.thesleepdoctor.com/2016/0...sleep-suffers/

    Vitamin D may also be important for maintaining healthy sleep. Recent research indicates that Vitamin D may influence both sleep quality and sleep quantity. Researchers analyzed the sleep patterns and Vitamin D levels among a group of older adult men, and found that Vitamin D deficiency was associated with less sleep overall and also with more disrupted sleep. The study included 3,048 men ages 68 and older. Researchers measured Vitamin D serum levels using a blood test. They measured sleep using wrist actigraphy, recording measurements of total sleep time, wake time after sleep onset, and sleep efficiency—a measurement that results from comparing time spent in bed to the time actually spent sleeping.
    https://www.foundmyfitness.com/vitamin-d

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •