hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 997 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 4978979479879949959969979989991000100710471097 ... LastLast
Results 19,921 to 19,940 of 23252

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I feel bad for having this thought, but I keep wondering if it might do some good if some Ukrainian Airline Pilot pulls a 9/11 on the Kremlin or some other important/famous structure in Moscow. Bring the fight home to Russia.

It's so easy to wage war when you, at home, never see any signs of it.

I hate that I even had that thought......
    That'd be a massive mistake. Do you remember feeling like we should reduce military involvement because of 9/11?

It'd just harden the people in charge and be a golden nugget for propaganda
    I know. It just feels so unfair.

Just as unfair, I am sure, as the folks the US has done this too over the decades probably felt.

It's frustrating to be unable to strike back at a bully.

Last edited by Joe Appleby; March 3 2022 at 06:58:52 PM.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

EDIT: More Twitter goodness:

He is called Butmanov??

Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

I found it, total value of Moscow stock exchange is ~$230 billion. So paltry compared to western markets but still going to hurt as its really all going to 0 value and nationalization. Its been closed all week and no one knows when it will open.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    153 photo album, Finnish captions: https://www.is.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000008638725.html

Putinism is breeding in the heart of the Republican party: https://imgur.com/t/current_events/N0n2d8N

How Russia Sees The World: https://imgur.com/t/current_events/5gbHEWU
    original twitter thread: https://twitter.com/netoneko/status/1498459941388099588

Credit Suisse caught trying to shred evidence of loans to Russian oligarchs backed by superyachts and private jets: https://fortune.com/2022/03/02/credi...-private-jets/

‘Comrade Texas’: Video of American on Russian frontline provokes anger: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2026704.html
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Just when you get hopeful and happy for Germany's change in attitude, assholes like him bring you down:

And I can't even fully blame it on DDR upbringing.
    Last edited by rufuske; March 3 2022 at 07:42:23 PM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    So I found this Twitter thread talking about why so many Russian tires are failing. And now I want Razor to apologize for dismissing my earlier post about the mud.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    ‘Comrade Texas’: Video of American on Russian frontline provokes anger: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2026704.html
    "Mr Bentley – or “Comrade Texas” – reportedly served time in prison in the US, although it was unclear what for."

Felony marijuana trafficking, according to this article. Dude is just flat out 100% divorced from any externally recognizable reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    And I can't even fully blame it on DDR upbringing.
    That's the beautiful thing: East Germans aren't represented in modern Germany.
    nevar forget

It is really fucked up, if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    It is really fucked up, if this is true.

Putin's speed run of Russian Empire is seriously quickly reaching Nicholas II period.

Holy shit. What a mess.

Opinion mixed with what little data is available: Strategic change in the USSRLite forces from penetration & decapitation to collateral shock and awe. It appears neither tactic is working. Ukraine moral remains very high. Ground is being taken by USSRLite forces, but at a significant cost with resistance increasing outside major urban centres, although not within civilian areas. No major civilian aggression encountered within said urban centres as yet, but time and anger are building. If civilian population decide to force the issue, USSRLite forces will be significantly degraded, but civilians will be considered viable targets.

Losses on the USSRLite side are considerable, especially with APC units, Ukraine losses are mounting with no significant replacement of armoured vehicles available as yet. Man-portable anti-armour systems are unrestricted and ubiquitous amongst Ukrainian forces. Logistic problems continue within USSRLite forces and little co-ordination evident between ground and air forces baring exceptions.

USSRLite economy is under extreme pressure. Only energy markets functioning. Sberbank being supported by state funds and black-market trading and is effectively bankrupt.

Pure opinion: USSRLite forces still fucked, but they will make a very dirty exit. It appears they are looking to save face with something, but long term occupation will drain the combat units in very short order. Only the lack of significant Ukraine heavy armour and air power are keeping the USSRLite force pushing forward.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Holy shit. What a mess.

Opinion mixed with what little data is available: Strategic change in the USSRLite forces from penetration & decapitation to collateral shock and awe. It appears neither tactic is working. Ukraine moral remains very high. Ground is being taken by USSRLite forces, but at a significant cost with resistance increasing outside major urban centres, although not within civilian areas. No major civilian aggression encountered within said urban centres as yet, but time and anger are building. If civilian population decide to force the issue, USSRLite forces will be significantly degraded, but civilians will be considered viable targets.
    Will be? Go to r/ukraine and check posts flaired with War Crime if you have stomach for it. It has been like that from 48hrs ago. Here's an example, graphic, nsfl etc:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com..._anthem_while/
    Last edited by rufuske; March 3 2022 at 09:25:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Holy shit. What a mess.

Will be? Go to r/ukraine and check posts flaired with War Crime if you have stomach for it. It has been like that from 48hrs ago. Here's an example, graphic, nsfl etc:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com..._anthem_while/
    Have been through Reddit. Some of the info there is rather good tbh, but a lot of reposts. Within the civilian posts notice the lack of molotovs, ambushes and IED's. They are holding back, but the anger is very much there. Those soft shelled all terrain vehicles, let alone APC's, would make very tempting targets for molotovs tossed out a window, but nothing akin to maidan as yet.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

What I want to know is simply, how desperate will Putin become if this drags out, and how far will he be willing to go then

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    That apparently was such good marketing material that Turkey joined the game:
    https://www.janes.com/defence-news/d...avs-to-ukraine

I feel bad for having this thought, but I keep wondering if it might do some good if some Ukrainian Airline Pilot pulls a 9/11 on the Kremlin or some other important/famous structure in Moscow. Bring the fight home to Russia.

That'd be a massive mistake. Do you remember feeling like we should reduce military involvement because of 9/11?

Just as unfair, I am sure, as the folks the US has done this too over the decades probably felt.

Totally agree man, hopefully people.start reviewing the past while assessing this situation. Gonna be a brutal few years at least in Ukraine, at its best.

Totally agree man, hopefully people.start reviewing the past while assessing this situation. Gonna be a brutal few years at least in Ukraine, at its best.
    Weeks. Not likely, russians are starting to wise up. Currently everyone with half working brain is on the run to the neareast border. Trains to Finland and Estonia are booked till July. Prices for ticket are at 8k-12k USD. Go figure.

If they can hold out and keep morale, Russia already lost. And I don't see them folding.

Worst case scenario Russia will annex a population of few million future domestic terrorists. And/Or Russia will ramp up genocide and become a pariah of the entire civilized world, including China. Entire world is having a reality check re Russia atm, it's shame it's happening at the cost of blood and severed limbs of Ukrainian civilian population.
    Last edited by rufuske; March 3 2022 at 11:09:34 PM.