hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 1209 FirstFirst 12345613531035031003 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 24169

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

  1. #41
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Personally I welcome the improvement in online gaming

  2. #42
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,595
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Is Razor allowed to post in this thread?
    The better question would be "does razor want to post in this thread"?

    Community wants a circlejerk and srsbsnss thread did not take off so who am i to object?
    Well given your postings track record you wouldn't be a contributing factor to a srsbsnss thread, tbh
    Well, Razor may not be able to post for long anyways, since Russia is proposing to create its own Internet, which is inaccessible from US and EU. It will be called "Cheburashka".

    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...re/499170.html

    .Maxim Kavdzharadze, a Federation Council member from the Lipetsk region, told fellow lawmakers Monday that Russia needs to "get out from under the wing of the U.S., otherwise information leaks will continue," RIA Novosti reported.

    Kavdzharadze proposed creating a domestic Internet that could also possibly be used by other Collective Security Treaty Organization countries — Belarus, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan — or countries from the Asia-Pacific region.
    Hihi

    Phahaha

    MOHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

    Where will the comedy end ...
    We can not into cold war if we have open internet communications with each other. We need isolation and borders close enough to make tensions, Ukraine has to go along with Belarus, Lithuania and maybe Latvia and Estonia.

  3. #43
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,504
    I for one can forsee a mass exodus of nerds from Russia (Razor included) if the Internet and all its contents would be unavailable in there in the future. But I don't think that will ever happen.

    But on a more serious note though, one of the things that annoys me a little with this whole debacle are the visa agreements between Russia and Norway. Russia has for a long time pushed to remove visa requirements for both Norwegians and Russians so they can enter the countries freely, which I would actually very much welcome. Would be quite nice that.

  4. #44
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,794
    Untill enought stay, and Russia comes in to "save" them..


    EDIT: also dont get me wrong im all for oen boarders etc, but Russias actions are really fucking with that atm...

  5. #45

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Russia has for a long time pushed to remove visa requirements for both Norwegians and Russians so they can enter the countries freely...
    I think Russia has already demonstrated that it does not need some pesky "visa requirements" in order to entry countries freely...

  6. #46

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Russia has for a long time pushed to remove visa requirements for both Norwegians and Russians so they can enter the countries freely...
    I think Russia has already demonstrated that it does not need some pesky "visa requirements" in order to entry countries freely...
    Yeah, much like the West when it came to Iraq, Libya, meddling with Syrian rebels etc.

  7. #47
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Russia has for a long time pushed to remove visa requirements for both Norwegians and Russians so they can enter the countries freely...
    I think Russia has already demonstrated that it does not need some pesky "visa requirements" in order to entry countries freely...
    Yeah, much like the West when it came to Iraq, Libya, meddling with Syrian rebels etc.
    All those western soldiers invading Libya must have made you really mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Russia has for a long time pushed to remove visa requirements for both Norwegians and Russians so they can enter the countries freely...
    I think Russia has already demonstrated that it does not need some pesky "visa requirements" in order to entry countries freely...
    Yeah, much like the West when it came to Iraq, Libya, meddling with Syrian rebels etc.
    All those western soldiers invading Libya must have made you really mad.
    I wonder whose countries had basically created Air Superiority over Libya preventing their original government fighting the rebels (the new government now) with airplanes. I mean it totally could not possible be Europe and U.S. oh wait, it was supposed to be a showcase of European co-operation, but in the end the entire group was initially led by a U.S. general, with U.S. carriers providing bases and 80% of the aircraft being U.S. welp~ there goes that EU power.

  9. #49
    Tetsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7, 2013
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Russia has for a long time pushed to remove visa requirements for both Norwegians and Russians so they can enter the countries freely...
    I think Russia has already demonstrated that it does not need some pesky "visa requirements" in order to entry countries freely...
    Yeah, much like the West when it came to Iraq, Libya, meddling with Syrian rebels etc.
    All those western soldiers invading Libya must have made you really mad.


    They sure do Look like US servicemen taking over government buildings to lay the groundwork for the annexation of parts of Libya into the greater United States if you ask me.

    At least the US is a little better at disguising troops as "concerned citizens" I guess

  10. #50

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Russia has for a long time pushed to remove visa requirements for both Norwegians and Russians so they can enter the countries freely...
    I think Russia has already demonstrated that it does not need some pesky "visa requirements" in order to entry countries freely...
    Yeah, much like the West when it came to Iraq, Libya, meddling with Syrian rebels etc.
    All those western soldiers invading Libya must have made you really mad.


    They sure do Look like US servicemen taking over government buildings to lay the groundwork for the annexation of parts of Libya into the greater United States if you ask me.
    Yeah but all those European and U.S. planes over Libya that created a no fly zone 24/7 totally had nothing to do with it, right guys, right guys, anyone?

  11. #51
    Tetsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7, 2013
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Russia has for a long time pushed to remove visa requirements for both Norwegians and Russians so they can enter the countries freely...
    I think Russia has already demonstrated that it does not need some pesky "visa requirements" in order to entry countries freely...
    Yeah, much like the West when it came to Iraq, Libya, meddling with Syrian rebels etc.
    All those western soldiers invading Libya must have made you really mad.


    They sure do Look like US servicemen taking over government buildings to lay the groundwork for the annexation of parts of Libya into the greater United States if you ask me.
    Yeah but all those European and U.S. planes over Libya that created a no fly zone 24/7 totally had nothing to do with it, right guys, right guys, anyone?
    This is literally the exact same thing as sneaking special forces into a country, capturing government buildings and then annexing part of that country for your own.

    Maybe stick with Iraq as your example, because equating air support for a local insurgency to a land grab supported by fucking ground troops is colossaly retarded.

  12. #52

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Russia has for a long time pushed to remove visa requirements for both Norwegians and Russians so they can enter the countries freely...
    I think Russia has already demonstrated that it does not need some pesky "visa requirements" in order to entry countries freely...
    Yeah, much like the West when it came to Iraq, Libya, meddling with Syrian rebels etc.
    All those western soldiers invading Libya must have made you really mad.


    They sure do Look like US servicemen taking over government buildings to lay the groundwork for the annexation of parts of Libya into the greater United States if you ask me.
    Yeah but all those European and U.S. planes over Libya that created a no fly zone 24/7 totally had nothing to do with it, right guys, right guys, anyone?
    This is literally the exact same thing as sneaking special forces into a country, capturing government buildings and then annexing part of that country for your own.

    Maybe stick with Iraq as your example, because equating air support for a local insurgency to a land grab supported by fucking ground troops is colossaly retarded.
    Hey, I said it way back in the other shit hole thread. I never agreed with what Russia has done. In fact I condemn what they did via the annexation because nobody should be allowed to do that. All I am doing is pointing out your hypocrisy in this situation.

    Yeah I am equating Libya with Crimea. Why? Because the rebels would of never won unless the west gave them that supply support as well as creating that Air Superiority for the rebels. I mean you basically handed the country on a silver platter.

  13. #53
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    equating air support for a local insurgency to a land grab supported by fucking ground troops is colossaly retarded.

  14. #54

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    equating air support for a local insurgency to a land grab supported by fucking ground troops is colossaly retarded.
    Yeah I mean actions that basically gave an entire country to the rebels on a silver platter means nothing.

    You guys do remember that Ghadafi was pushing the rebels shit in with the air force right? It was not until the West initiated the No Fly Zone over Libya and gave the rebels supplies/equipment did they actually win. I mean look at how Syria is going, what 3-4 years later now and they are still at it because the West is not helping the rebels....

  15. #55
    XenosisReaper
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    equating air support for a local insurgency to a land grab supported by fucking ground troops is colossaly retarded.
    Yeah I mean actions that basically gave an entire country to the rebels on a silver platter means nothing.

    You guys do remember that Ghadafi was pushing the rebels shit in with the air force right? It was not until the West initiated the No Fly Zone over Libya and gave the rebels supplies/equipment did they actually win. I mean look at how Syria is going, what 3-4 years later now and they are still at it because the West is not helping the rebels....
    And Russia is supplying Assad, I'm not sure what your point is exactly

  16. #56
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,444
    I'm considering putin' (pun intended) our favourite concerned citizen on ignore, so as to avoid getting caught up in another liquid shit party.

    On a serious note, there were a couple of things I noted yesterday that made me wonder just how real the whole situation is from a "majority" point of view.

    1. Today, I saw that the thugs with guns, bars and bats took over some more buildings in Lugansk. The cops did absolutely nothing. That begs the question as to whether the cops were simply too scared or whether they sympathise with the separatists.
    2. There was a large demonstration (at least it looked that way) of Ukrainian unity supporters in Donetsk today, and the demonstrators were attacked by masked separatists later on. There have also been large demonstrations of supporters of Ukrainian unity in Odesso as well as in Lugansk and Kharkhiv. However, this seems to change nothing about the whole situation, and I ask myself whether the demonstrators are people from the western part of Ukraine or whether they are locals? Just how much support do the separatists have? Clearly they do have a fair amount of public support, but I wonder whether the majority of the inhabitants are just avoiding the whole thing due to a combination of apathy and fear?
    3. The news yesterday of that group of western Ukrainians reburying the bodies of WWII Ukrainians who fought in the SS-Division Galicia and the disclosure that many of the cossacks that have crossed into Ukraine from Russia are openly displaying the Terek Cossack insignia of the Cossacks who fought in the SS 1st Cossack Division made me wonder just how lost these people are, and how many of them support a neo-Nazi agenda? Here again I wonder how much support in the general population these people have?

    TL;DR How much of this crisis is being driven by a small minority of the population willing to use extreme violence and how do the majority of the people feel about all of this?
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  17. #57
    Tetsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7, 2013
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    equating air support for a local insurgency to a land grab supported by fucking ground troops is colossaly retarded.
    Yeah I mean actions that basically gave an entire country to the rebels on a silver platter means nothing.

    You guys do remember that Ghadafi was pushing the rebels shit in with the air force right? It was not until the West initiated the No Fly Zone over Libya and gave the rebels supplies/equipment did they actually win. I mean look at how Syria is going, what 3-4 years later now and they are still at it because the West is not helping the rebels....
    And that is why today when you look up a list of US states, you can find Libya nestled in at US state number 51, thanks to a hastily held referendum to join the United States held shortly after the rebels took control.

    Because it's the same thing.

  18. #58
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    equating air support for a local insurgency to a land grab supported by fucking ground troops is colossaly retarded.
    Yeah I mean actions that basically gave an entire country to the rebels on a silver platter means nothing.

    You guys do remember that Ghadafi was pushing the rebels shit in with the air force right? It was not until the West initiated the No Fly Zone over Libya and gave the rebels supplies/equipment did they actually win. I mean look at how Syria is going, what 3-4 years later now and they are still at it because the West is not helping the rebels....
    You're arguing a moot point. The west had hated Ghaddafi for literally decades. I ask you to point out anyone who actually supported Ghaddafi? The man was a brutal and despotic mass murderer who exported and supported terrorism before Islamic extremism was even a thing. The west could have invaded easily enough after the end of the cold war, but no one in Europe would have gotten public support for a move like that and most people were concerned with Yugoslavia in the 90s. The reason the american neo-conservatives tried so hard to convince the UN and the world of their bullshit when invading Iraq was because just doing things like invading sovereign countries brings consequences if there is no legal basis. The americans only got away with it because of 9/11 and the support they had from some new Nato states.

    The ensuing bloody fuckup that was Iraq killed just about everyone's appetite for invasions and the only reason the west got involved in Libya was that there was already a civil war going on and the rebels were losing to a man who would certainly slaughter them all if he won. The west was worried about Islamic jihadis getting control of Libya, but the opportunity was there and they took it.

    There are parallels between Libya and Crimea but they're nowhere near as clear cut as you make it.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  19. #59
    XenosisReaper
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
    equating air support for a local insurgency to a land grab supported by fucking ground troops is colossaly retarded.
    Yeah I mean actions that basically gave an entire country to the rebels on a silver platter means nothing.

    You guys do remember that Ghadafi was pushing the rebels shit in with the air force right? It was not until the West initiated the No Fly Zone over Libya and gave the rebels supplies/equipment did they actually win. I mean look at how Syria is going, what 3-4 years later now and they are still at it because the West is not helping the rebels....
    You're arguing a moot point. The west had hated Ghaddafi for literally decades. I ask you to point out anyone who actually supported Ghaddafi? The man was a brutal and despotic mass murderer who exported and supported terrorism before Islamic extremism was even a thing. The west could have invaded easily enough after the end of the cold war, but no one in Europe would have gotten public support for a move like that and most people were concerned with Yugoslavia in the 90s. The reason the american neo-conservatives tried so hard to convince the UN and the world of their bullshit when invading Iraq was because just doing things like invading sovereign countries brings consequences if there is no legal basis. The americans only got away with it because of 9/11 and the support they had from some new Nato states.

    The ensuing bloody fuckup that was Iraq killed just about everyone's appetite for invasions and the only reason the west got involved in Libya was that there was already a civil war going on and the rebels were losing to a man who would certainly slaughter them all if he won. The west was worried about Islamic jihadis getting control of Libya, but the opportunity was there and they took it.

    There are parallels between Libya and Crimea but they're nowhere near as clear cut as you make it.
    Didn't those Islamic Jihadis take control anyway?

  20. #60

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I'm considering putin' (pun intended) our favourite concerned citizen on ignore, so as to avoid getting caught up in another liquid shit party.

    On a serious note, there were a couple of things I noted yesterday that made me wonder just how real the whole situation is from a "majority" point of view.

    1. Today, I saw that the thugs with guns, bars and bats took over some more buildings in Lugansk. The cops did absolutely nothing. That begs the question as to whether the cops were simply too scared or whether they sympathise with the separatists.
    2. There was a large demonstration (at least it looked that way) of Ukrainian unity supporters in Donetsk today, and the demonstrators were attacked by masked separatists later on. There have also been large demonstrations of supporters of Ukrainian unity in Odesso as well as in Lugansk and Kharkhiv. However, this seems to change nothing about the whole situation, and I ask myself whether the demonstrators are people from the western part of Ukraine or whether they are locals? Just how much support do the separatists have? Clearly they do have a fair amount of public support, but I wonder whether the majority of the inhabitants are just avoiding the whole thing due to a combination of apathy and fear?
    3. The news yesterday of that group of western Ukrainians reburying the bodies of WWII Ukrainians who fought in the SS-Division Galicia and the disclosure that many of the cossacks that have crossed into Ukraine from Russia are openly displaying the Terek Cossack insignia of the Cossacks who fought in the SS 1st Cossack Division made me wonder just how lost these people are, and how many of them support a neo-Nazi agenda? Here again I wonder how much support in the general population these people have?

    TL;DR How much of this crisis is being driven by a small minority of the population willing to use extreme violence and how do the majority of the people feel about all of this?
    1. The cops in Donetsk have all been assigned by former President and his cronies. If Ukraine moves toward EU, they will all lose their jobs, since they are hilariously corrupt. Therefore, their only way to keep their job is to continue to be loyal to local cronies (which are behind the separatist movement).

    2. There is a large "silent majority" who one hand hand tired of corruption, but on the other do not trust the new Government in Kiev, because they have been brainwashed that anyone who speaks Ukrainian = Nazi. Which brings us to point 3.

    3. If you look at the photos Razor linked in the nuked thread. There are no more that 20 people (including young kids). These guys are just going along with grandpa tales of how his served in the Wehrmacht 70 years ago. They are not neo-Nazi, they are re-enactors, like the "Sons of Confederate Veterans" in US.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •