hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1094 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 9459499410441084109110921093109410951096109711041144 ... LastLast
Results 21,861 to 21,880 of 22902

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Everything can be explained with the proper application of Vodka.

Had a wild vatnik stumble into failheaps discord server the other day. Said that our discussion on the Ukraine thread there had leaked into various Russian telegram channels. Started spurting that the Serbian genocide in Bosnia was "bullshit" and "US propaganda". Got a ban faster than he could spell "NATO intervention".

That was.... strange.
    TIL what vatnik means and that other people except nerds who are to nerds what nerds are to normal people read FHC.
    Its a weird little microcosm. I would miss it if it ever went away.

Russian pricks are shelling the nuclear plants they seized in March. Rosatom workers were tipped off and left prior.
    I can only assume the Russians are trying to add nuclear terrorism to their resume in order to force Ukraine to negotiate.

"Surely this atrocity won't make them even more vengefully determined! Unlike the 47 previous ones!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    +rep!

https://youtu.be/txK53y03bz8

I think we should invite this gentleman and the rest of his nation into NATO as soon as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    https://youtu.be/txK53y03bz8

I think we should invite this gentleman and the rest of his nation into NATO as soon as possible.
    And the clip ends with an image of an AT-4. Feels good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Russian pricks are shelling the nuclear plants they seized in March. Rosatom workers were tipped off and left prior.
    I can only assume the Russians are trying to add nuclear terrorism to their resume in order to force Ukraine to negotiate.
    Why would the Russian's shell territory they control? I'm not pretending there is any 'both sides' here, but surely this is the Ukrainian's trying to take it back. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, btw.

Those uniforms for real?
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Those uniforms for real?
    Nope. I had to dig in to find the source.

May 11, 2012 Junker Orchestra of the Moscow Institute of Arts and the stars of the world ballet in the Concert Hall named after P.I. Tchaikovsky

A landmark event in the world of art was marked by the 20th anniversary of the founding of the ICF "DIAGILEV CENTER" and the 65th anniversary of the Department of Choreography of the Russian University of Theater Arts GITIS. The concert was attended by world ballet stars - GITIS graduates from the leading theaters of Russia: the Bolshoi Theater, them.

The pictures are from a Russian article created in May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Why would the Russian's shell territory they control? I'm not pretending there is any 'both sides' here, but surely this is the Ukrainian's trying to take it back. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, btw.
    You use logic and common sense, but don't forget back in March Russian troops dug in Red Forest near Chernobyl, they don't price too much soldiers life.
    In the other hand US/NATO has a saying about Ukrainian artillery's targets, even veto right, a price paid for intelligence and arty systems delivered, especially HIMARS. The Russians control the nuclear plant from March-April, but suddenly become an issue, just before Ukrainians offensive. So I don't believe Russian story, but I could be wrong.

I read the Spiegel article on Panzerhaubitzen 2000 last month about wear out the autoloader because extensive fire missions at long distance. They are good but sensible equipment that needs service. Not sure, how old these vehicles were or if -like G36- someone forgot to demand a 24/7 operation in the specifications.

I read the Spiegel article on Panzerhaubitzen 2000 last month about wear out the autoloader because extensive fire missions at long distance. They are good but sensible equipment that needs service. Not sure, how old these vehicles were or if -like G36- someone forgot to demand a 24/7 operation in the specifications.
    Were out barrels and loading mechanism after 600-3500 shells depending on source. German weapons seem to be build for a weekend war nowadays.

That said: They fired specialized shells, SMART to be precise at far higher ranges then advised... Anyone seen some SMART footage? Wrecked realy harvoc on the russians, to bad they got only 1000 SMART shells

Hitting russian vehicles on the move:
    https://youtu.be/uLnmDzpiUcg
    Last edited by Miep; August 9 2022 at 07:08:50 AM.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

The autoloader loads the shell and the powder into the chamber for long distance shots the gun points up.. But due to gravity the shells used drop a tiny bit backwards. This alters the dimension for combustion of the chamber, pressures get higher and might wear out the autoloader. Problem was known to BW but in Germany they maybe fire 24 rds over 14 days of maneuver and the problem was ignored. The Ukrainian are firing -as I heard- up to 400 every day out of the PzH2000. They need to lower the barrel when loading to avoid the shell slipping back. But probably KMW engineers are looking for a solution already.

The autoloader loads the shell and the powder into the chamber for long distance shots the gun points up.. But due to gravity the shells used drop a tiny bit backwards. This alters the dimension for combustion of the chamber, pressures get higher and might wear out the autoloader. Problem was known to BW but in Germany they maybe fire 24 rds over 14 days of maneuver and the problem was ignored. The Ukrainian are firing -as I heard- up to 400 every day out of the PzH2000. They need to lower the barrel when loading to avoid the shell slipping back. But probably KMW engineers are looking for a solution already.
    Interesting details. Only one thing to add, afaik only the shells are auto loaded, the powder is manualy loaded for each shell
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Interesting details. Only one thing to add, afaik only the shells are auto loaded, the powder is manualy loaded for each shell
    Wasnt there a video not too far back from the inside during operation and there was nothing but auto loader p0rn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Wasnt there a video not too far back from the inside during operation and there was nothing but auto loader p0rn?
    P2000 can be both.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Crimea.
    Booooooooom.
    Big Booooooooooms.

Big Bada big boom, Ukraine claims 40 planes SU-24 turned to dust.
    I'm waiting to see 100k North Koreans strengthen Russian ranks.

Short insight about tactics and the difference between Stuhna and Javelin.