hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1094 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 9459499410441084109110921093109410951096109711041144 ... LastLast
Results 21,861 to 21,880 of 22902

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

  1. #21861
    Dee Jiensai's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2012
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Everything can be explained with the proper application of Vodka.

    Had a wild vatnik stumble into failheaps discord server the other day. Said that our discussion on the Ukraine thread there had leaked into various Russian telegram channels. Started spurting that the Serbian genocide in Bosnia was "bullshit" and "US propaganda". Got a ban faster than he could spell "NATO intervention".

    That was.... strange.
    TIL what vatnik means and that other people except nerds who are to nerds what nerds are to normal people read FHC.
    Its a weird little microcosm. I would miss it if it ever went away.

  2. #21862

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,210
    Russian pricks are shelling the nuclear plants they seized in March. Rosatom workers were tipped off and left prior.
    I can only assume the Russians are trying to add nuclear terrorism to their resume in order to force Ukraine to negotiate.

  3. #21863
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,845
    "Surely this atrocity won't make them even more vengefully determined! Unlike the 47 previous ones!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  4. #21864
    Melichor's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    +rep!

  5. #21865
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,845
    https://youtu.be/txK53y03bz8

    I think we should invite this gentleman and the rest of his nation into NATO as soon as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  6. #21866

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    https://youtu.be/txK53y03bz8

    I think we should invite this gentleman and the rest of his nation into NATO as soon as possible.
    And the clip ends with an image of an AT-4. Feels good man.

  7. #21867
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,911



  8. #21868

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Russian pricks are shelling the nuclear plants they seized in March. Rosatom workers were tipped off and left prior.
    I can only assume the Russians are trying to add nuclear terrorism to their resume in order to force Ukraine to negotiate.
    Why would the Russian's shell territory they control? I'm not pretending there is any 'both sides' here, but surely this is the Ukrainian's trying to take it back. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, btw.

  9. #21869
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    Those uniforms for real?
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  10. #21870
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Those uniforms for real?
    Nope. I had to dig in to find the source.

    May 11, 2012 Junker Orchestra of the Moscow Institute of Arts and the stars of the world ballet in the Concert Hall named after P.I. Tchaikovsky

    A landmark event in the world of art was marked by the 20th anniversary of the founding of the ICF "DIAGILEV CENTER" and the 65th anniversary of the Department of Choreography of the Russian University of Theater Arts GITIS. The concert was attended by world ballet stars - GITIS graduates from the leading theaters of Russia: the Bolshoi Theater, them.

    The pictures are from a Russian article created in May 2012

  11. #21871

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,210
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Russian pricks are shelling the nuclear plants they seized in March. Rosatom workers were tipped off and left prior.
    I can only assume the Russians are trying to add nuclear terrorism to their resume in order to force Ukraine to negotiate.
    Why would the Russian's shell territory they control? I'm not pretending there is any 'both sides' here, but surely this is the Ukrainian's trying to take it back. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, btw.
    You use logic and common sense, but don't forget back in March Russian troops dug in Red Forest near Chernobyl, they don't price too much soldiers life.
    In the other hand US/NATO has a saying about Ukrainian artillery's targets, even veto right, a price paid for intelligence and arty systems delivered, especially HIMARS. The Russians control the nuclear plant from March-April, but suddenly become an issue, just before Ukrainians offensive. So I don't believe Russian story, but I could be wrong.

  12. #21872

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,210


    I read the Spiegel article on Panzerhaubitzen 2000 last month about wear out the autoloader because extensive fire missions at long distance. They are good but sensible equipment that needs service. Not sure, how old these vehicles were or if -like G36- someone forgot to demand a 24/7 operation in the specifications.

  13. #21873
    Donor Miep's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post


    I read the Spiegel article on Panzerhaubitzen 2000 last month about wear out the autoloader because extensive fire missions at long distance. They are good but sensible equipment that needs service. Not sure, how old these vehicles were or if -like G36- someone forgot to demand a 24/7 operation in the specifications.
    Were out barrels and loading mechanism after 600-3500 shells depending on source. German weapons seem to be build for a weekend war nowadays.

    That said: They fired specialized shells, SMART to be precise at far higher ranges then advised... Anyone seen some SMART footage? Wrecked realy harvoc on the russians, to bad they got only 1000 SMART shells

    Hitting russian vehicles on the move:
    https://youtu.be/uLnmDzpiUcg
    Last edited by Miep; August 9 2022 at 07:08:50 AM.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

  14. #21874

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,210
    The autoloader loads the shell and the powder into the chamber for long distance shots the gun points up.. But due to gravity the shells used drop a tiny bit backwards. This alters the dimension for combustion of the chamber, pressures get higher and might wear out the autoloader. Problem was known to BW but in Germany they maybe fire 24 rds over 14 days of maneuver and the problem was ignored. The Ukrainian are firing -as I heard- up to 400 every day out of the PzH2000. They need to lower the barrel when loading to avoid the shell slipping back. But probably KMW engineers are looking for a solution already.

  15. #21875
    Donor Miep's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    The autoloader loads the shell and the powder into the chamber for long distance shots the gun points up.. But due to gravity the shells used drop a tiny bit backwards. This alters the dimension for combustion of the chamber, pressures get higher and might wear out the autoloader. Problem was known to BW but in Germany they maybe fire 24 rds over 14 days of maneuver and the problem was ignored. The Ukrainian are firing -as I heard- up to 400 every day out of the PzH2000. They need to lower the barrel when loading to avoid the shell slipping back. But probably KMW engineers are looking for a solution already.
    Interesting details. Only one thing to add, afaik only the shells are auto loaded, the powder is manualy loaded for each shell
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

  16. #21876
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    The autoloader loads the shell and the powder into the chamber for long distance shots the gun points up.. But due to gravity the shells used drop a tiny bit backwards. This alters the dimension for combustion of the chamber, pressures get higher and might wear out the autoloader. Problem was known to BW but in Germany they maybe fire 24 rds over 14 days of maneuver and the problem was ignored. The Ukrainian are firing -as I heard- up to 400 every day out of the PzH2000. They need to lower the barrel when loading to avoid the shell slipping back. But probably KMW engineers are looking for a solution already.
    Interesting details. Only one thing to add, afaik only the shells are auto loaded, the powder is manualy loaded for each shell
    Wasnt there a video not too far back from the inside during operation and there was nothing but auto loader p0rn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  17. #21877
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    The autoloader loads the shell and the powder into the chamber for long distance shots the gun points up.. But due to gravity the shells used drop a tiny bit backwards. This alters the dimension for combustion of the chamber, pressures get higher and might wear out the autoloader. Problem was known to BW but in Germany they maybe fire 24 rds over 14 days of maneuver and the problem was ignored. The Ukrainian are firing -as I heard- up to 400 every day out of the PzH2000. They need to lower the barrel when loading to avoid the shell slipping back. But probably KMW engineers are looking for a solution already.
    Interesting details. Only one thing to add, afaik only the shells are auto loaded, the powder is manualy loaded for each shell
    Wasnt there a video not too far back from the inside during operation and there was nothing but auto loader p0rn?
    P2000 can be both.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  18. #21878
    Donor Miep's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,439
    Crimea.
    Booooooooom.
    Big Booooooooooms.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

  19. #21879

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,210
    Big Bada big boom, Ukraine claims 40 planes SU-24 turned to dust.
    I'm waiting to see 100k North Koreans strengthen Russian ranks.

  20. #21880

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,210
    Short insight about tactics and the difference between Stuhna and Javelin.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •