hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1005 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 55059059559951002100310041005100610071008101510551105 ... LastLast
Results 20,081 to 20,100 of 23252

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Part of the reason the Russian military is so crap comes down to economics.
    Don't agree fully.
    I think a huge factor is poor quality of materials.
    And possibly that is related to the oligarch buddy circle in the Kremlin. Selling materials of poor quality to Russia for some extra bucks in their pocket.
    With the connections they got to the Kremlin, doubt many dare to speak up.

Seen so many pictures where the rims been ripped off, can clearly see the plate with the bolts left on the vehicle.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    That's not cutting russians from internet. That's making .ru etc inaccessible. Which cosmin already explained. Official russian documents from the twitter that sparked this confusion are first steps for a repeat of
    https://www.reuters.com/technology/r...ly-2021-07-22/
    Who are you replying to

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Russians also have huge problems with minor corruption/graft. Stealing spares for resale etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Can we all simply agree that RaZoR being disconnected from the internet is desirable whatever your stance is on Ukraine?
    We may not. I was very much rather that he was posting on FHC than getting sent to a pointless death by a floppycocked midget autocrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Can we all simply agree that RaZoR being disconnected from the internet is desirable whatever your stance is on Ukraine?
    We may not. I was very much rather that he was posting on FHC than getting sent to a pointless death by a floppycocked midget autocrat.
    I'm in two minds. On the one hand no one deserves to die, but on the other he is RaZoR.

Perhaps we may hope that he comes out of this with a wider perspective than "RUS STRONK"
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Perhaps we may hope that he comes out of this
    Fixed.

Ignorant but still innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Surprising changes in Russia's peace terms

War is not going really well, ehh?
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Perhaps we may hope that he comes out of this
    Fixed.

Ignorant but still innocent.
    He mocked and trolled when the Malaysia airliner was shot down by seperatists with a Russian supplied missile so I don't see him as that innocent.

Full on war-enabler and supporter. Just because he played the same vidyas than some of you does not make any of his worldviews any more "innocent".

Afaik he even has a white-slip and knows military only from parades and googlesearches so the text-book stay-at-home-warmonger and completly delussional about russians value to the world except as a supplier of stuff dug up from under the earth.
    Still laughing from an exchange from back during the maidan when he thought everyone in the west knows how to read cyrilic and understands some russian because it is so important and wide spread in the world.

If Putin is shot in the head, what happens with Nuclear launch codes?

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Yeah that's not how this works m8.

You embed the tweet id

If CCP jumps on the russian banwagon that might make eve interesting for few days!

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    If Putin is shot in the head, what happens with Nuclear launch codes?

No need

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    These are not "surprising changes". They're the same demands Russia made back in 2014.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

The few sports who did not ban russian athletes will see this picture a lot the next few days. So much for "innocent" population that just does not know what´s going on.

Also, he came in third. Ukranian was first afaik, not sure on that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Part of the reason the Russian military is so crap comes down to economics. Russia's pre-sanctions GDP was only slightly larger than Australia's, but Australia has a fraction of the population. We cannot support a large military so instead a large amount of our defense budget goes on training, both the individual soldiers and the officers and we really focus on logistics. So a small but professional army well trained and well supplied.

Russia on the other hand is trying to maintain a superpower level of equipment. Even with the general population living in relative poverty the Russians simply do not have enough resources. So the areas they don't fund are training and logistics. So they have a small core of professional troops but the bulk are scared and bastardised conscripts and drunks.

You can get away with that when you are fighting opponents who are massively outnumbered, but fight someone willing to fight back and all that money not spent on training and logistics really starts to bite.

Even the professional troops were let down by terrible planning, failing to seize airfields then flying in transports packed with paratroopers who get blown out of the sky. Then you send a massive column of vehicles down a single road without any system of resupply or recovery and farmers tow off your abandoned tanks.

In hindsight this should have been obvious I suppose. Or maybe the Russians are only using export models.
    Russia pours a huge amount of resources into trying to maintain a large navy, mostly out of pride. This reduces the amount they can feasibly invest in their ground based forces.

In order to be successful at more than simply bullying some tiny nations in 'special operations' with massed artillery beating everyone into submission they need to make the decision to go all in on their capabilities to take and hold land with a modern army. That would mean dropping their naval ambitions.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Apparently now confirmed (as good as i gets I guess). But it seems this is correct but at the same time too good to be true. But if it is...jesus christ...
    Ukraine navy elements lured Russias newest stealth cruiser(?) "Vasily Bykov" into a trap, close enough to land for the Army to fuckin end it with with MLRS barrage.

Russian warship, go fuck yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

It was a Patrol Boat. (not a confirmation of it being sunk)
    Still, nicely done.

Here's hoping it will eventually result in something good, like a coup that deposes the crazy bastard.
    Last edited by Solana; March 7 2022 at 07:41:15 PM.