hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1117 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 11761710171067110711141115111611171118111911201127 ... LastLast
Results 22,321 to 22,340 of 22896

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    So watching the vids of 2 jets and 2 choppers get downed yesterday (absolutely crazy scenes), none of them deployed flairs or similar counter-measures, not when doing their runs as is usually seen nor when getting targeted.
    Hell, one of the choppers seemed to fly straight into an area controlled by UKR after its run and got hit in the face by something fired from the open!
    If Starstreak was used they wouldn't have known they were being engaged nor would they have had time to react.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    It's not worth giving any credibility, of course, but apparently Russia claims that "97% of currently counted votes are for annexation". I wonder if anyone over there gives any fucks at all? Not even enough to fake a results properly? 97% of people wouldnt vote for the sky being blue.
    Exactly.

Any vote that ends 97% in favor would be questionable.

A vote in occupied lands to join the occupier's country is both questionable, and/or speaks to everyone who would have voted against it being dead or under threat of death.
    I see neither of you knows anything about elections in Communist countries.

The second to last election in East Germany were nationwide local elections. Dissatisfaction was quite widespread, yet enough support was there to manage a winning result - not that losing was an option as all candidates belonged to the same bloc. The government still used widespread manipulation to achieve a 98.85% result, the worst ever result, every other election managed 99%.

They either don't realize or don't care that such results look worse than a close win. To them, the bigger the number the better.
    nevar forget

The votes that were cast in the fake-referendums were done in plain view of the election officials and with at least 2 armed soldiers present, then put into a see-thru ballot box.

And the nordstream events are pretty Interesting (I am fed up on living in interesting times), apparently two seismic spikes were detected at 0003 and 1700, might be coincidence but feels little bit too human on the timing... Might be Putin just putting his olligarks in line "even if the war would stop you wouldn't get your income back!" or trying to sabotage the possibility of using the pipeline to transport gas inside europe as needed.

Both pipelines were pressurized, just to make them more durable to offset the water pressure, and both are now leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    And the nordstream events are pretty Interesting (I am fed up on living in interesting times), apparently two seismic spikes were detected at 0003 and 1700, might be coincidence but feels little bit too human on the timing... Might be Putin just putting his olligarks in line "even if the war would stop you wouldn't get your income back!" or trying to sabotage the possibility of using the pipeline to transport gas inside europe as needed.

Both pipelines were pressurized, just to make them more durable to offset the water pressure, and both are now leaking.
    https://uk.investing.com/news/stock-...piegel-2763581

CIA warned Berlin about possible attacks on gas pipelines in summer - Spiegel
    My theory was an attack on the pipelines by Russia launched from Kalingrad.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

If both pipelines (all 4, actually) need to be taken offline anyways for repairs, then that takes a lot of wind out of the appeasement crowd in Germany. Sortof a "burn your bridges behind you" move.

I have absolutely no idea who might have been responsible, or if at all. Just too many parties muddying the waters.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

With pipelines operational Germany could claim breach of contract after vlad stopped pumping. Now they can't because comrade pipe broken, da? Only one line of NS2 left operational, so comrade start using NS2 while fixing NS1. And enjoy even higher gas prices comrade.

Meanwhile Tagesspiegel speculates it was an attack conducted by ukrainians...
    Last edited by rufuske; September 27 2022 at 09:43:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

With pipelines operational Germany could claim breach of contract after vlad stopped pumping. Now they can't because comrade pipe broken, da? Only one line of NS2 left operational, so comrade start using NS2 while fixing NS1. And enjoy even higher gas prices comrade.

Interesting take on it, didn't consider that myself.

I was for obvious reasons particulary curious on why it happened where it happened. I mean a sabotage could have happened precisely anywhere but the Danish and Swedish waters were chosen. This could of course be interpreted as Russia being Russia and just trying to be asshats because they're annoyed but it would also be the best place for a third party that wants to ruin Nordstream for Russia/Germany (Cough USA /Cough) because there's no way in hell Sweden and Denmark is letting Russia conduct any repairs in their territorial waters.

It's not like USA hasn't been quite vocal about their opposition towards Nordstream 2 to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

I was for obvious reasons particulary curious on why it happened where it happened. I mean a sabotage could have happened precisely anywhere but the Danish and Swedish waters were chosen. This could of course be interpreted as Russia being Russia and just trying to be asshats because they're annoyed but it would also be the best place for a third party that wants to ruin Nordstream for Russia/Germany (Cough USA /Cough) because there's no way in hell Sweden and Denmark is letting Russia conduct any repairs in their territorial waters.

It's not like USA hasn't been quite vocal about their opposition towards Nordstream 2 to begin with.
    There were no incidents with russian subs in those waters ever comrade. Obviously it's capitalist pigs.

It's amazing how hungry and eager some germans are to eat up russian propaganda. Although to be fair that's a universal problem.

And we know what it means when russian useful idiots come out in numbers. Ukraine must be making nice progress on frontlines again. Let's check...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...go_ukrainians/

https://mobile.twitter.com/lilygrutc...bkFDpiy98p4E7Q

Huh, what a surprise.

Also as a bonus this pipe exploding special intimidation operation also sends message re baltic pipe. But comrades remember, vladimir vladimirovich, being 2nd biggest humantarian after Stalin, would never resort to such, da?
    Last edited by rufuske; September 27 2022 at 10:36:42 PM.

There were no incidents with russian subs in those waters ever comrade. Obviously it's capitalist pigs.

It's amazing how hungry and eager some germans are to eat up russian propaganda. Although to be fair that's a universal problem.

And we know what it means when russian useful idiots come out in numbers. Ukraine must be making nice progress on frontlines again. Let's check...

Huh, what a surprise.

Also as a bonus this pipe exploding special intimidation operation also sends message re baltic pipe. But comrades remember, vladimir vladimirovich, being 2nd biggest humantarian after Stalin, would never resort to such, da?
    One of those explosions was inside Danish territory.
    They could trigger Article 5.

Then NATO would be forced to figure out the culprit is (as if it isn't known already) then bring down the hammer of justice.

Huh, what a surprise.

Then NATO would be forced to figure out the culprit is (as if it isn't known already) then bring down the hammer of justice.
    That would require establishing with 100% certainty it was a russian op. I don't think that will be possible. I hope so, but i'm not holding my breath. You swedes seem to have a lot of experience with lost russian subs, maybe lend a hand?

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

Huh, what a surprise.

no it wouldn't. russia straight up used chemical weapons on uk soil and article 5 was never in question

I would be looking for catapillar track marks near the pipeline as Russia/USSR developed tracked mini subs that they used to tap into underwater communication cables.

The USA may have the same capacity, I don't know.

It had to be a sub as dropping charges from the surface was too great a risk as ships can be tracked to see what was in the area.

So someone needed a submarine capable of planting a small explosive device that damaged but didn't destroy the pipeline.

My money says Russia.

The detected events on seismographs are in the order of 100kg+ of high explosives, so you aren't exactly talking about a small thing. The whole pipeline is made from steel pipes with over a meter diameter and then encased in concrete, that thing doesn't rupture completely that easily.

Careful placement means you need less explosive than dropping a charge from the surface.

There are plenty of listening and intel devices and induction loops in the Baltic being able to track any movement.
    However, the pipelines are regularly inspected from the inside by using "pigs", inserted in RuSSia and picked up in Germany again. A pig needs 9 days to travel in the gas stream so maybe these were inserted and rigged with explosives.
    The quality of the pipe itself was top and had a life span of 50 years. The last external survey and final rock dumping was scheduled for Apr-Jun 2022 for NS-2, the external corrosion survey for NS-1 was scheduled for Aug/Sep 2022.
    Anyway, the pipes are now flooded and will be likely a 20 billion total loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    I would be looking for catapillar track marks near the pipeline as Russia/USSR developed tracked mini subs that they used to tap into underwater communication cables.

The USA may have the same capacity, I don't know.

It had to be a sub as dropping charges from the surface was too great a risk as ships can be tracked to see what was in the area.

So someone needed a submarine capable of planting a small explosive device that damaged but didn't destroy the pipeline.

My money says Russia.

I'd just like to point out that Russia doesn't need a submarine. They control the pipeline and can use one of their service robots to crawl inside the pipeline and attach explosives on the inside. Come to think of it, the Germans should be able to do the same thing from their end.

Since we're all just speculating anyway, the bombs could have been planted as it was being built for future possible use.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    There are plenty of listening and intel devices and induction loops in the Baltic being able to track any movement.
    However, the pipelines are regularly inspected from the inside by using "pigs", inserted in RuSSia and picked up in Germany again. A pig needs 9 days to travel in the gas stream so maybe these were inserted and rigged with explosives.
    The quality of the pipe itself was top and had a life span of 50 years. The last external survey and final rock dumping was scheduled for Apr-Jun 2022 for NS-2, the external corrosion survey for NS-1 was scheduled for Aug/Sep 2022.
    That sounds plausible and easy enough to do even russia wouldn't fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    That sounds plausible and easy enough to do even russia wouldn't fuck it up.
    Pigs are noisy as fuck, would be very easy to pick up by listening posts.
    The pipe is not a loss, you can just replace the damaged part and drain it.

The fact that a lot of people are pointing at the US for the pipelines issues is hilariously leaning towards Russia actually having done it so they can point fingers. This doesn't help. This doesn't help either. Truth is that we'll probably never know who blew up the pipelines.
    Last edited by Cosmin; September 28 2022 at 10:13:46 AM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.