hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1158 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 15865810581108114811551156115711581159116011611168 ... LastLast
Results 23,141 to 23,160 of 23631

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

  1. #23141

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    8,189
    So....my PM of Holland is sucking Biden's D at the white house right now.

    He promised our NL Patriot batteries to Ukr, we have 3 fire units kek. I remember a dutch article from 2021 stating we only have enough mssl for patriots for about 3 days of war......so yeh unless usa is suplying Ukr with mssl the dutch batteries are gonna be of no use.
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  2. #23142

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,376
    At least they allowed him to make a call


  3. #23143

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    591
    This is an interesting story about Bulgarian influenza on the war

    In the first few months of the war Ukraine was desperate for diesel and Soviet gauge shells. The US and western supply lines weren't yet up to speed, so they turned to their neighbours. Many were very supportive, but others weren't. Bulgaria is reductively seen as pro-Russian and a large majority of the people, a majority of parliament and a major government faction opposed supplying Ukraine. So the Bulgarian president officially refuses any support, but secretly facilities a massive export of essential diesel and ammo.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ths-war-russia

    See also FSB revenge : https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ulgarian-depot

    I think these guys are heros, although I don't doubt that they made a bit of side money off the deal. But from a different perspective isn't this undemocratic / an abuse of power / corrupt?
    Last edited by duckduck; January 18 2023 at 08:04:13 PM.

  4. #23144

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,376
    It’s a win win- Ukraine gets ammo, the Bulgarians get rid of Soviet era junk and use the money from the sales to buy NATO standard stuff. The former Warsaw Pact nations get better integrated into NATO and the Russian’s are on the receiving end of their old junk.

  5. #23145
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    9,101
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  6. #23146

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Itís a win win- Ukraine gets ammo, the Bulgarians get rid of Soviet era junk and use the money from the sales to buy NATO standard stuff. The former Warsaw Pact nations get better integrated into NATO and the Russianís are on the receiving end of their old junk.
    This basically what all eastern Europe nations do, which supply equipment to the Ukraine. Unify their equipment to NATO standard, get rid off old Soviet era stuff w/o the need to set up dismantling facilities themselves.

    And the Ukraine gets hold off ready to use equipment, i.e. no/very little additional training needed to field those weapons.

    And to a certain extend (judging by Perun's IFV/APC video) NATO nations also get rid off old stock, which for now is already retired, but had to be "parked" (and still payed for) somewhere.

  7. #23147

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,376
    Amusing (or not, full of old stereotypes, Sartre ?,...)

    Last edited by Candy Crush; January 19 2023 at 08:49:03 AM.

  8. #23148

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    It’s a win win- Ukraine gets ammo, the Bulgarians get rid of Soviet era junk and use the money from the sales to buy NATO standard stuff. The former Warsaw Pact nations get better integrated into NATO and the Russian’s are on the receiving end of their old junk.
    This basically what all eastern Europe nations do, which supply equipment to the Ukraine. Unify their equipment to NATO standard, get rid off old Soviet era stuff w/o the need to set up dismantling facilities themselves.

    And the Ukraine gets hold off ready to use equipment, i.e. no/very little additional training needed to field those weapons.

    And to a certain extend (judging by Perun's IFV/APC video) NATO nations also get rid off old stock, which for now is already retired, but had to be "parked" (and still payed for) somewhere.
    I think there are many countries that have contributed a lot, that we consider poor and inferior to us. Besides Bulgaria, the Russians also consider Romania to have delivered a lot to Ukraine, top 4 next to the USA, UK and Poland. Funny, last year Bulgaria and Romania were refused by the EU to join the Schengen Area. It seems that 11 years of waiting is not enough.

  9. #23149
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Amusing (or not, full of old stereotypes, Sartre ?,...)

    Actually, France is considering to give them to put more pressure on Scholz.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  10. #23150
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,398
    Sweden, have finally donated a unknown amount of Archers to Ukraine.
    This package also includes 50x CV90's. Another incredibly effective death dispenser made by the Three Crowns.

    Hopefully, this opens up for other countries to donate some of their CV90 fleet.
    Last edited by VARRAKK; January 19 2023 at 11:05:26 AM.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  11. #23151

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    It’s a win win- Ukraine gets ammo, the Bulgarians get rid of Soviet era junk and use the money from the sales to buy NATO standard stuff. The former Warsaw Pact nations get better integrated into NATO and the Russian’s are on the receiving end of their old junk.
    This basically what all eastern Europe nations do, which supply equipment to the Ukraine. Unify their equipment to NATO standard, get rid off old Soviet era stuff w/o the need to set up dismantling facilities themselves.

    And the Ukraine gets hold off ready to use equipment, i.e. no/very little additional training needed to field those weapons.

    And to a certain extend (judging by Perun's IFV/APC video) NATO nations also get rid off old stock, which for now is already retired, but had to be "parked" (and still payed for) somewhere.
    Funny, last year Bulgaria and Romania were refused by the EU to join the Schengen Area. It seems that 11 years of waiting is not enough.
    It wasn't the EU as a whole, but The Netherlands and Austria apparently veto'd it. Which goes to show a problem the EU really needs to tackle: reform itself and how decision making/legislation works. We're already basically in a state like the UN Security Council: unable to decide anything groundbreaking, because there's always at least that one country that vetos it. And then gets bribed for agreeing. This is not the way to enlarge confidence in the EU as an institution by its citizens.

  12. #23152

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    4,007
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Sweden, have finally donated a unknown amount of Archers to Ukraine.
    This package also includes 50x CV90's. Another incredibly effective death dispenser made by the Three Crowns.

    Hopefully, this opens up for other countries to donate some of their CV90 fleet.
    ńntligen!

  13. #23153

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

    It wasn't the EU as a whole, but The Netherlands and Austria apparently veto'd it. Which goes to show a problem the EU really needs to tackle: reform itself and how decision making/legislation works. We're already basically in a state like the UN Security Council: unable to decide anything groundbreaking, because there's always at least that one country that vetos it. And then gets bribed for agreeing. This is not the way to enlarge confidence in the EU as an institution by its citizens.
    The bloody EU - what has it ever done for us. You should leave it. Everything is going fine for us Brits. And if you need some big-brains to help plan it out I think that Dom, Nigel and Jacob have a bit of free time now.

  14. #23154
    Dee Jiensai's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2012
    Posts
    627
    Criticism on the veto problem in the EU is valid, but it does have one advantage.
    A Brexit vote would never in a million years have passed.
    It's a system for stability and slow change, suddenly confronted with multiple crisis that require quick action. Quite unfortunate.

  15. #23155
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    16,600
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Amusing (or not, full of old stereotypes, Sartre ?,...)



    So I'm assuming Ukraine now wants Leclerc MBTs now?
    Actually, France is considering to give them to put more pressure on Scholz.
    Who has given the Ukrainians Western tanks so far?
    nevar forget

  16. #23156
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,398
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  17. #23157
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Amusing (or not, full of old stereotypes, Sartre ?,...)



    So I'm assuming Ukraine now wants Leclerc MBTs now?
    Actually, France is considering to give them to put more pressure on Scholz.
    Who has given the Ukrainians Western tanks so far?
    Would you consider PT-91 western?

  18. #23158
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    16,600
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Amusing (or not, full of old stereotypes, Sartre ?,...)



    So I'm assuming Ukraine now wants Leclerc MBTs now?
    Actually, France is considering to give them to put more pressure on Scholz.
    Who has given the Ukrainians Western tanks so far?
    Would you consider PT-91 western?
    You seem to have an issue with differentiating my own opinion from me explaining German politics, so let me make it clearer for you when I respond, okay?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PT-91_Twardy

    The PT-91 Twardy (Polish pronunciation: [ˈtfar.dɨ], English: Tough) is a Polish main battle tank. A development of the T-72M1, it entered service in 1995.
    In my opinion it's an extensive upgrade to the T-72, but it is only an upgrade of the T-72. That's my opinion.

    My opinion: send all the hardware possible now, Abrahms, Leos, Leclercs, Challengers, Arietes, Gripens, Eurofighters, F-35s, Apaches, Tigers. Tell South Korea to start shitting out enough equipment to outfit the whole Ukrainian army once the delivered equipment has been worn out. SK is the only country really with an active high volume production line. Again, my opinion.

    German government's standpoint: no unilateral actions, always in close cooperation with other EU/NATO members. Again, the German government's standpoint.
    nevar forget

  19. #23159

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,376
    Moscow is getting ready for new phase of the war


  20. #23160
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Moscow is getting ready for new phase of the war

    Starting to think this war wont end as well as we had hoped.
    Putin is proper mental, and I dont think he will ever back down.

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •