hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1081 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 815819811031107110781079108010811082108310841091 ... LastLast
Results 21,601 to 21,620 of 21946

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There is no way that Russia can sustain 50-60k artillery shells a day. There isn't enough production capacity on the planet. At some point they will exhaust their artillery advantage, and then we will see what happens.
    Yeah well... Remember 1989? The soviet union lost zhe arms race. But that doesnt mean they didnt Produce metric shit tons of weapons and ammo. If russia has anything then an emdless supply of 152mm shells
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    There is no way that Russia can sustain 50-60k artillery shells a day. There isn't enough production capacity on the planet. At some point they will exhaust their artillery advantage, and then we will see what happens.
    Yeah well... Remember 1989? The soviet union lost zhe arms race. But that doesnt mean they didnt Produce metric shit tons of weapons and ammo. If russia has anything then an emdless supply of 152mm shells
    Belarus was politely asked to send 20 wagons worth of arty ammo. If that doesn't solve debate of russian stockpiles idk what will. And russian ammo depots are blowing up even more frequently last few days...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Oh god, found the Reddit thread, I'm dying here.

Link for the curious.
    The one on r/ukraine was even better but mods deleted it.

Found it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...eral_67_as_he/

Apparently it's fake news but still funny.
    Last edited by rufuske; June 27 2022 at 04:01:45 PM.

Since when they've used an endless supply of 152mm shells in multiple campaigns (they used a hell of a lot in Chechnya), and I flatly don't believe that they've been produced at anything like the rate since the Warsaw pact days.

There's a lot of anecdotal evidence that Russian arty has a pretty high dud rate, which is consistent with them using old ordinance. My take is that they're very deep into their shell reserves.

I'm pretty sure we're only a few weeks at most away from the "Is only two Oblasts, why you have to be so mad?" phase
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Since when they've used an endless supply of 152mm shells in multiple campaigns (they used a hell of a lot in Chechnya), and I flatly don't believe that they've been produced at anything like the rate since the Warsaw pact days.

There's a lot of anecdotal evidence that Russian arty has a pretty high dud rate, which is consistent with them using old ordinance. My take is that they're very deep into their shell reserves.

I'm pretty sure we're only a few weeks at most away from the "Is only two Oblasts, why you have to be so mad?" phase
    "Why you always gang up on poor russia" this time, please.

Friendly reminder that Russia didn't lose the arms race but the economic one. my 2 cents
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Friendly reminder that Russia didn't lose the arms race but the economic one. my 2 cents
    I remember Red Army leaving Germany in freight cars, they didn't look victorious, but we even held parades to get rid of them asap

Well they've lost both now

T62s kek
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    [/IMG]
    Oh neat, we had one of those bags at home it's where gran kept her knitting.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Sooo what are failheaps predictiond how and when this russian shitshow will end?
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

I've already said it basically but... not sure how it will end properly but not before 2026.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

In a war of attrition, which we seemed to have entered a couple of weeks ago, Russia will keep the upper hand in the long run. Which doesn't mean they win this war, but rather it morphing into a North/South Korean like stalemate, with the ongoing or occasional local fighting happening*).

Even assuming RU can't upkeep the artillery firing of now due to ammunition supply issues, all they need to do is dig in, defend and keep hold of what they've got now. UA won't be able to gain larger territory parts back, because it'll lack the manpower to go on the offensive.

RU still has and most likely will keep the air superiority, so e.g. massive armored UA attacks might not be feasible. Though in the long run UA will have the artillery (range) advantage ( = assuming most support promises by western countries will be fulfilled eventually), arti doesn't win back territory. You still need boots on the ground for that.

*) One thing to keep in mind, of which at least I wasn't aware of: there has been constant ongoing fighting happening in the east of UA since 2014. I recently learned (German vid) that the definition/distinction of actual war, in comparison to an armed conflict, is 1,000 deadly causalities/yr.. In that regard, UA is at war since 2014.

How the war is going to function for the rest of the year is unknown.

USSR Consumption rates, they are spending more munitions then they can produce. How long does their stock last?
    How many %'s of their consumption rates can they produce?
    How will the USSR continue to wage a smash & grab war when they can't turn everything in front of them into a ruin?
    It's been hunting season for months now on anything with an engine. So how to wage war? Infantry swarm?

I don't see Ukraine running out of ammo, every day that passes they are more into NATO standard.
    And we do have the production capacity to keep them well fed.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    In a war of attrition, which we seemed to have entered a couple of weeks ago, Russia will keep the upper hand in the long run. Which doesn't mean they win this war, but rather it morphing into a North/South Korean like stalemate, with the ongoing or occasional local fighting happening*).

*) One thing to keep in mind, of which at least I wasn't aware of: there has been constant ongoing fighting happening in the east of UA since 2014. I recently learned (German vid) that the definition/distinction of actual war, in comparison to an armed conflict, is 1,000 deadly causalities/yr.. In that regard, UA is at war since 2014.
    Glad you put a asterix there. Yes UKr and Rus have been in a shooting war. Just 1 week before Putin started this special campaign the OSCE (the watchers of the front) said they were gonna pull back because to much shelling back and forth and small arms fire in the WWI type trenches (basicly Donbas).

They also said Ukr shot the most shells by a very wide margin.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    How the war is going to function for the rest of the year is unknown.

USSR Consumption rates, they are spending more munitions then they can produce. How long does their stock last?
    How many %'s of their consumption rates can they produce?
    How will the USSR continue to wage a smash & grab war when they can't turn everything in front of them into a ruin?
    It's been hunting season for months now on anything with an engine. So how to wage war? Infantry swarm?

I don't see Ukraine running out of ammo, every day that passes they are more into NATO standard.
    And we do have the production capacity to keep them well fed.
    Amateurs speak about ammo, professionals speak about toilet papers and cigarettes.

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/se...rriors-ukraine

Enough horse trading has been done and Erdogan isn't against our NATO membership anymore.

Banned Movember 2011Movember 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Enough horse trading has been done and Erdogan isn't against our NATO membership anymore.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the head of a hegemonic superpower told him "You vote them in, or we all vote you out."
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the head of a hegemonic superpower told him "You vote them in, or we all vote you out."
    Edrogan is a cunt but he controls one of the most important locations in the world at the moment. What most likely happened was State department planes literally full of cash have finally landed in Ankara.

Sweden, Finland and Turkey signed a memorandum that I assume addresses the Kurdish issue and the ban on weapon sales - .i.e. Turkey got what it wanted.