hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1077 of 1096 FirstFirst ... 775779771027106710741075107610771078107910801087 ... LastLast
Results 21,521 to 21,540 of 21906

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Exclusive: First US fighters captured by Russian forces in Ukraine
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...forces-battle/

Be ready for the sham trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    He is quite wrong. For example with the ruble, the trading volumes have shrunken to about 1/1000th of the normal, so for a while still the dragonian capital controls the RU central bank has imposed are holding. So much of the apparent "no the sanctions aren't hitting us" is just smoke and mirrors. Currently forecasts are that the russian economy is taking back about 20 or so years of growth and progress.

The moscow stock exhange hasn't crashed just because you currently can't get any money out from there, you can sell your stocks, but you can't take the money out, only invest in other russian stocks and there are heavy limits on trades.

The brain drain out of russia has also been immense. Most of the smart guys that haven't gotten high up on the corruption ladder have left already, and not coming back.

But he is true on the case that in this war both russia and ukraine have lost, but the will to rebuild and rebound ukraine up is much stronger than with russia.
    Your correct more or less, the consequences for Russia in the long term will be quite harsh. But Russia is by far the biggest country on earth with vast ressouces. ... Right now russia is selling its oil to india an europe buys it from india. Its ridicilious but we cant go without russian ressources.

An all of it simply doesnt matter for the outcome of the war.
    Troops, munition and material will decide it.

And of all russia has huge reserves. Ukraine is taking huge losses last weeks i fear. Russia might not win the occupation but i will win this war if we dont start massiv, and i mean massiv support.
    That loophole has been closed. Vessels transporting Russian crude oil can no longer get insurance.
    Crude Oil's as unique as fingerprints, any inspector or refinery will instantly recognize the crude as of Russian origin.

Don't know if they can mask it by mixing it, but that could contaminate the cracking units in the refinery.
    That would be a 2-3 week stop to clean/regenerate them. Very expensive in these ultra profitable refining market we got right now.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    He is quite wrong. For example with the ruble, the trading volumes have shrunken to about 1/1000th of the normal, so for a while still the dragonian capital controls the RU central bank has imposed are holding. So much of the apparent "no the sanctions aren't hitting us" is just smoke and mirrors. Currently forecasts are that the russian economy is taking back about 20 or so years of growth and progress.

The moscow stock exhange hasn't crashed just because you currently can't get any money out from there, you can sell your stocks, but you can't take the money out, only invest in other russian stocks and there are heavy limits on trades.

The brain drain out of russia has also been immense. Most of the smart guys that haven't gotten high up on the corruption ladder have left already, and not coming back.

But he is true on the case that in this war both russia and ukraine have lost, but the will to rebuild and rebound ukraine up is much stronger than with russia.
    Your correct more or less, the consequences for Russia in the long term will be quite harsh. But Russia is by far the biggest country on earth with vast ressouces. ... Right now russia is selling its oil to india an europe buys it from india. Its ridicilious but we cant go without russian ressources.

And of all russia has huge reserves. Ukraine is taking huge losses last weeks i fear. Russia might not win the occupation but i will win this war if we dont start massiv, and i mean massiv support.
    Russia had huge reserves. They weren't infinite and they've burned through most of their good stuff now. They wouldn't be throwing tanks that were built when my dad was a teenager in if they had any decent tanks left anywhere else. They wouldn't be using 50 year old anti-shipping cruise missiles against low-value ground targets if they had anything more suitable. What they still have a fuckn lot of is tube artillery and 152mm ammo. One assumes that the UKR military is now prioritising those as targets (just as the Russians will prioritise defending them. Once those fancy schmancy very long range SPAGs get seriously on the case, Russian artillery will be degraded like their infantry and tanks have been.
    But thats the point, they dont need high tech to level cities. A old ass tanks, old ass arty an old ass missile does enough damage and operates safe in the rear. they are dumb but working and they have a lot of them. They can save their more advanced stuff for prio targets. They will run out of the advanced stuff too eventually of course but not until all that is left of current "gained" territory is a wasteland and thousands upon thousands more have died over the next several years.

I want and hope this will be over a lot quicker but it wont be, anyone thinking RUS will run out of stuff to blanket areas soon and just go home is not thinking straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post

Russia had huge reserves. They weren't infinite and they've burned through most of their good stuff now. They wouldn't be throwing tanks that were built when my dad was a teenager in if they had any decent tanks left anywhere else. They wouldn't be using 50 year old anti-shipping cruise missiles against low-value ground targets if they had anything more suitable. What they still have a fuckn lot of is tube artillery and 152mm ammo. One assumes that the UKR military is now prioritising those as targets (just as the Russians will prioritise defending them. Once those fancy schmancy very long range SPAGs get seriously on the case, Russian artillery will be degraded like their infantry and tanks have been.
    But thats the point, they dont need high tech to level cities. A old ass tanks, old ass arty an old ass missile does enough damage and operates safe in the rear. they are dumb but working and they have a lot of them. They can save their more advanced stuff for prio targets. They will run out of the advanced stuff too eventually of course but not until all that is left of current "gained" territory is a wasteland and thousands upon thousands more have died over the next several years.

I want and hope this will be over a lot quicker but it wont be, anyone thinking RUS will run out of stuff to blanket areas soon and just go home is not thinking straight.
    Turning a city into rubble does not win the war, only by defeating the UKR military.
    The amount of material Russia is losing every day is not sustainable.
    Artillery shells and powder packs age really well, but how long can they keep firing at these rates?

Probably a very long time if theyre just using standard WW1 tech artillery shells

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/s...emli-rcna32863

Industry with higher rotation on parts, noticing the sanctions sooner.
    The Lada's rolling off the line missing some "useful" lifesaving features.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Spoiler:

Turning a city into rubble does not win the war, only by defeating the UKR military.
    The amount of material Russia is losing every day is not sustainable.
    Artillery shells and powder packs age really well, but how long can they keep firing at these rates?
    Well, to an extend it does. It destroys the infrastructure needed for logistics. That can be as simple as unpassable streets, water pumps etc. or as wide-reaching as destroying signal train signal towers ("Stellwerk" in German, is that the right term for it?).

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/s...emli-rcna32863

Industry with higher rotation on parts, noticing the sanctions sooner.
    The Lada's rolling off the line missing some "useful" lifesaving features.
    Speaking about industry:
    There are reports that the French Ministry of Armed Forces has requested that partnered Military Defense Companies including Nexter Systems who developed the CAESAR Self-Propelled Howitzer step up Weapons Production and to possibly prepare for “War Time Production Measures”.
    What das wartime production actually mean? I don't know, it could be limited scale-up of their defense industry, providing things like no-interest loans and tax breaks to companies.

The Russians have barely advanced in 2 months (in fact they've lost ground in places). The only cities they're going to be levelling are the ones they already hold, and simple common sense says they cannot possibly sustain this level of bombardment for much longer. Shell stockpiles will be exhausted and even if they aren't they'll wear out the barrels on their artillery pieces. This assault on Severodonetsk is their last offensive play; they've thrown everything available into taking it and lost much of it in the process of failing. IMO What Russia holds now is the high water mark. They have little high quality infantry left, they have pissed away their armour advantage, and their artillery advantage will start declining now that even small numbers of the fancy schmancy super long range SPAGs that Ukraine has been given can start to be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

The Russians have barely advanced in 2 months (in fact they've lost ground in places). The only cities they're going to be levelling are the ones they already hold, and simple common sense says they cannot possibly sustain this level of bombardment for much longer. Shell stockpiles will be exhausted and even if they aren't they'll wear out the barrels on their artillery pieces. This assault on Severodonetsk is their last offensive play; they've thrown everything available into taking it and lost much of it in the process of failing. IMO What Russia holds now is the high water mark. They have little high quality infantry left, they have pissed away their armour advantage, and their artillery advantage will start declining now that even small numbers of the fancy schmancy super long range SPAGs that Ukraine has been given can start to be used.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

The Russians are so desperate that they strap in chains Tor-М2КМ on ships deck.

Last edited by depili; June 17 2022 at 01:24:39 PM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Putin's economics advisor confirming that 15% of Russia's GDP is "under threat from outside actions"

Imagine the effect of the Great Depression on the US. Then just when things are at their nadir, imagine the effects of another Great Depression right on top of that. That is how Russia do this year.

Does this mean that there will be a revolution, with starving hordes storming the Kremlin? Well maybe, but a classical revolution against a security state with absolutely zero morals or scruples, led by an unironic KGB specialist in subversion, infowar and surveillance is a big ask.

What i think we will start to see is increasing Balkanisation in "Russia", as the various provinces engage in Fuck Your Buddy activities to make sure that they have food and they won't freeze this winter - and the assholes in that other province over there can eat a bag of frozen dicks if they're hungry.

And the Russia-opposed nations will very likely facilitate and encourage this. Provincial Governor Korrupti Korruptivic declares a local emergency and announces that they won't supplying ammonia for munitions because they need it all for fertiliser? Well lookee here, the paperwork for a few of those hardened rotary dickflange valves just got cleared up, what an amazing coincidence. Other governer Ivanabi Wharlaudin, who got kinda shortchanged on this ammonia embargo, says that his province will not be sending any more conscripts to the front because they're all needed right here for, uh, "local security duties"? Oh look, Ivanabi is getting a travel ban exemption and maybe he gets a discrete phone call from somewhere like Belgium, just to chat, as governments do sometimes, and would you like to look at the new 2023 FN Catalogue with us?

Well if that happens I sure hope Russia puts all their nukes in actual Russia and not someplace that ends with "stan"

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Well if that happens I sure hope Russia puts all their nukes in actual Russia and not someplace that ends with "stan"
    Given that the Putin regime has dickwaved their nuclear weapons approximately every 18 hours for the last 2 months, I'm not sure why you'd hope that?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Well, russia is made out of many provinces ending in stan, there isn't actual russia as such...

But fear not, what will remain the Motherland will surely offer security guarantees in exchange of returning the nukes from the splintered stans back, like they did with Ukraine

Most of the nukes have probably been missing since the nineties anyway
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Not sure if serious. Russia mad?
    Russian ultimatum against Lithuania to lift Kaliningrad blovkade
    @riabreakingnews's account has been withheld in Portugal, Finland, Sweden, Ireland, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Germany, Greece, Romania, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Austria, Luxembourg, Latvia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Lithuania, Croatia, Estonia, Cyprus, France, Spain, Belgium in response to a legal demand