hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1075 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 755759751025106510721073107410751076107710781085 ... LastLast
Results 21,481 to 21,500 of 21941

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Often, but that wasn't always the case. Eg Mig-25 scared everyone shitless (fun fact - look up where aircraft engine factory N 29, which developed and produced it's engines, was located). And as a result we got F-15 which is still going strong.
    Last edited by rufuske; June 13 2022 at 08:00:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Often, but that wasn't always the case. Eg Mig-25 scared everyone shitless (fun fact - look up where aircraft engine factory N 29, which developed and produced it's engines, was located). And as a result we got F-15 which is still going strong.
    It scared everyone shitless until they got their hand on an original plane and check it out iirc.

I would still count it as overestimating when it comes down to it. Hope that is the video i remember.
    Last edited by Kilabi; June 13 2022 at 01:54:01 PM.

You are speaking about the same air force, who made crowdfund forklifts, drills and wrenches? They even named the forklifts. Historians agreed that Reagan administration inflate the numbers and quality of Red Army to get more funds.

Yup, but by the time that defection happened program was well under way and US got a staple and an icon of a fighter. And point still stands, they were scared shitless and not just posturing for the budget. After defection though...

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    You are speaking about the same air force, who made crowdfund forklifts, drills and wrenches? They even named the forklifts. Historians agreed that Reagan administration inflate the numbers and quality of Red Army to get more funds.
    You must be extra special if you think current russian air force or industry is the same as the height of soviet union one. Or compares in any way. Especially considering fact that majority of manufacturing, research and development etc centers were in nowadays Ukraine.

Yup, but by the time that defection happened program was well under way and US got a staple and an icon of a fighter. And point still stands, they were scared shitless and not just posturing for the budget. After defection though...
    Suuuuuure

There have been plenty of red scares along the way, but just about always the reality of it has been other than what was claimed and what the initial spies reported. the Alfa class submarines being one of them.

But unfortunately as long as you have enough indoctrinated men and artillery shells you can do horrible things under the threat of nuclear armageddon.

Day 111 of this stupid war that almost everyone assumed Russia couldn't possibly be stupid enough to start.

Call it 100,000 or so dead so far, I think that's a pretty conservative minimum estimate.

Well done, pootin. Really great job there, and just getting better and better every day for your crumbling shitpile of a regime. Have a fucking biscuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    But the russians are winning.
    They dont care about losses.
    And their economy is doing fine thanks to half assed sanctions
    The ruble is stable and they earned a 90bil on exports this year.
    I dont know how this shit show will end. But i fear there will be no happy ending. Europe failed.
    Lmao at wining. Definitely. Kiev is occupied, Zelensky had to flee to London. Transnistria will fall soon too. Great success.

I dont know how this shit show will end. But i fear there will be no happy ending. Europe failed.
    Lmao at wining. Definitely. Kiev is occupied, Zelensky had to flee to London. Transnistria will fall soon too. Great success.

Last edited by Miep; June 14 2022 at 02:53:48 PM.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

They might not care about losing peasant conscript lives, but they've lost a hell of a lot of their actually trained & equipped infantry that they've invested money in, and they sure will care a lot about losing so much armor and air assets (and Moskva lmao)

IDK where you're getting "their economy is doing fine" from when they're looking at a 15% GDP contraction this year. That's twice as bad as when The Great Depression hit the US in 1930. It's almost as bad as when Germany was invaded in 1945. Putin's galaxybrain scheme of robbing every foreign investor means that it'll be a long minute until any reputable company will invest there until there's a regime change.

Sanctions are making it extremely difficult for them to replace lost hardware, or anything, because they have to buy whatever they can get off the black market at a huge mark-up, with no accountability, and leaving themselves wide open to easymode sabotage.

The ruble is exactly as "stable" as Bernie was last weekend, you absolute womble. It's real (ie: black market) value is barely above that of Andrex Super Quilted

Yeah they're still making money from petrochemical sales, but that money (what isn't being stolen) buys a lot less stuff than it used to. You can't make a T14 out of 50-Euro bills. Also Europe is definitely moving away from Russia petrochem now, and medium/long term, that's going to be a big hole in their exports.

The Yanks & NATO are still moving weapons into Ukraine, and will 100% continue to do so for as long as Ukraine is willing and able to use them to gank Russian hardware and murderfuck Russian generals. This war is shit for Ukraine, disastrous for Russia, but for NATO it was like Christmas stated 10 months early. The murderpresents will flow.

Russia's "IDC if you're neutral and not in NATO, all the better to invade you anyway, chump" policy has pushed Sweden & Finland into NATO, so the Baltic is now a NATO lake and Russia's Baltic fleet is now an even bigger deadweight that it was before.

However you are right that it will end with everyone less happy then when it started, save for those who are already dead I suppose. but even if Ukraine surrenders at local midnight today, Russia is still turbofucked.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

There are gradations of "winning".
    I was the first here to came to the conclusion the russians fucked up their Invasion and got called out that Russia will win within a few days....

Its now an attrition war. Russia bombed the Ukraine logistics and economy to pieces. And they have a near endless supply of artillery and ammunition while the Ukraine is running out of both. All of Ukrains coal regions are occupied, their harbours blockaded and western support is not enough.

Will this be an easy and quick win for Russia? No.
    But either the west finaly steps up their Support big time or Ukraine will lose.
    Last edited by Miep; June 14 2022 at 04:31:40 PM.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

So much positive collaboration and trust was shattered with this stupid war. There were many cultural exchange programs and scientific things after 1990 that are all dead now.
    A German Xray telescope module on a Russian satellite that was shut down in reaction to the war shall be reactivated without German permission.
    Roskosmosboss Rogosin:
    "The humans who have decided to switch of the telescope have no morale right to stop this research for mankind just because their profascist view are similar to the ones of our enemies."
    Cheers, have another bottle of vodka on this.

https://www.heise.de/news/eRosita-Ru...n-7133206.html

So I hear rumours that Putin has just reduced Germany's gas allocation for 40%, presumably just to make it extra super clear to any remaining doubters that Germany need to transition away from Russian energy as a matter of national urgency.

Well, Germany, you've got 3 or 4 months of warm weather. I hear that large scale infrastructure programs are a pretty good way to mitigate the effects of a recession and it has to be said that increased energy independence is a nice thing to have in an increasingly uncertain world.

So I hear rumours that Putin has just reduced Germany's gas allocation for 40%, presumably just to make it extra super clear to any remaining doubters that Germany need to transition away from Russian energy as a matter of national urgency.

Well, Germany, you've got 3 or 4 months of warm weather. I hear that large scale infrastructure programs are a pretty good way to mitigate the effects of a recession and it has to be said that increased energy independence is a nice thing to have in an increasingly uncertain world.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Russia bombed the Ukraine logistics and economy to pieces.
    Only parts of it. Other parts (mainly in the west) are mostly fine. Because Ukraine is a gigantic country (roughly as big as France) it'll take a while before the entire country is affected. One thing that Russia did do well is to cut off most of the transport routes to other countries, so that's now one of the bigger issues for the still-functioning parts of Ukraine.

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

I think they use actual LPG in the industry and for house heating. Not that easy to phase out.
    But they could as an immediate response stop the shutdown of x nuclear plants, at least temporarily.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Miep is not wrong. Unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.