hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1041 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 415419419911031103810391040104110421043104410511091 ... LastLast
Results 20,801 to 20,820 of 21890

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Germany back paddling of arms supply to UA, a guy says Scholz vetoed everything the Gepard, Marder deals and the Pzh deal on Monday.
    https://twitter.com/noclador/status/...82423b401a7c46

BoJO was in Kiev to discuss delivery of armored vehicle and long range arty. NATO wants hard to break backbone of Russian army.

Putin is a cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelin Eb View Post
    Putin is a cunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Germany back paddling of arms supply to UA, a guy says Scholz vetoed everything the Gepard, Marder deals and the Pzh deal on Monday.
    https://twitter.com/noclador/status/...82423b401a7c46

BoJO was in Kiev to discuss delivery of armored vehicle and long range arty. NATO wants hard to break backbone of Russian army.
    The anti-shipping missile systems interested me. I suspect the Russian ships hanging off Odessa will suddenly be tugboated to somewhere safer.

This pretty much sums up the Russia army (note the bodies are blurred in the video).

"the bodies"
    A good source for fertilizers now when cow shit has risen in price.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Here's a hint from someone who lived through a period of a couple of years of murder and theft and rape that happened during a war:

You not knowing about committed war crimes in a place hundreds or thousands kilometers away does not mean war crimes weren't committed.
    Yeah anyone who doesnt think there are widescale war crimes on both sides is fucking deluded.

Of course there's degrees of warcrimes, and executing handcuffed civilians or raping babies is obviously in a totally different league to kneecapping captured soldiers, but lets not kid ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Lall being lall
    High praise. I love that nuance and evenly applied principle are something to mock for many of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    Usually i like differentiation and humans are very complicated individuals but after all what happened so far in Ukraine i do not feel any pity for any conscript. I particular do not like the comparison conscripts or regular soldiers just follow orders or face death or anything similar, they've have always the choice of deserting period.

The most famous excuse always is "i just followed orders" fuck that, there is no excuse for following orders in murder civilians.
    I dont feel any pity for them and dont excuse their crimes, agreed that 'just following orders' is no defence.

They are still human though and committing warcrimes against them is still wrong.

Amazing this is a controversial take.
    Last edited by Lallante; April 11 2022 at 09:26:35 AM.

Truly enlightening.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Not sure were those "widescale" warcrimes on the ukranian side come from tbh. I saw one video of russian soldiers getting shot on a street, which got debunked real fast as the shooters were not wearing ukranian markings but russian equipment and all the victims had their throats slit and faces covered on the ground before getting shot.

And even than there is not even a slight comparison between a state/military actively covering if not even encouraging murder of civilians and some revenge cripplings of pows by a few soldiers. Stateside motivated, promoted and covered violence against civilians and actions coverd by the UN definition of genocide (abduction of kids to fast-track-adoption in russia for example, relocation of civilians to "exile" in russia and so on) by official state forces should not even be mentioned in the same sentence.

"But both sides..." pisses me of for years now but in this conflict it actually takes the cake now.

Same with all the excuses for those pure russian people not able to go to McD now and those poor conscripts forced into the war.
    I am sure they were not forced to loot civilian homes and send the stuff home. And the people at home were not forced to take the stuff in. And they got internet for the last 30 years so its not like they could not inform themselves. But in the end they did not want to do that. Russians in safe european countries go to the street to support this without any KGB and secret police looking over their shoulder. They do that on their own free will, so why in the fuck would anyone still in russia not do that? Why are those victims of the suppresive regime. And some point you should realize they want this and support this on a wide scale even if they are also influenced by propaganda.
    But as much as the population of Mauthausen knew what was going on in the KZ as much do the russian in general know what is going on. They just are on huge doses of copium and deny their on guilt and wave their flag for the glorious motherland.
    Last edited by Kilabi; April 11 2022 at 10:25:29 AM.

If you conflate "neither side should commit warcrimes or dehumanise their opponent" in direct response to someone endorsing Ukraine doing just that with "both sides are equally morally culpable" that's your own comprehension that is at fault.

These two positions have nothing in common with each other. Asking your own side to meet minimum moral standards is NOT claiming they are equally bad as the opponent, its the opposite - holding them to a higher standard DESPITE the opponent being awful.

I really dont get the pushback on the "lets not encourage dehumanisation of anyone" point of view. That isnt defending Russia or criticising Ukraine, it's an appeal to the values that make us worthwhile as humans.

humans have proven themselves as not being worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    If you conflate "neither side should commit warcrimes or dehumanise their opponent" in direct response to someone endorsing Ukraine doing just that with "both sides are equally morally culpable" that's your own comprehension that is at fault.

These two positions have nothing in common with each other. Asking your own side to meet minimum moral standards is NOT claiming they are equally bad as the opponent, its the opposite - holding them to a higher standard DESPITE the opponent being awful.

I really dont get the pushback on the "lets not encourage dehumanisation of anyone" point of view. That isnt defending Russia or criticising Ukraine, it's an appeal to the values that make us worthwhile as humans.
    >Literally starts bothsidesing
    >Whines about being called out for bothsidesing
    >Is Lallante

Have you considered a bit of light whatabouting as an alternative?

Yeah anyone who doesnt think there are widescale war crimes on both sides is fucking deluded.

Of course there's degrees of warcrimes, and executing handcuffed civilians or raping babies is obviously in a totally different league to kneecapping captured soldiers, but lets not kid ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Did you learn that line of arguing from the all lives matter crowd?

Trying to put "both sides" and "whatabout" into the dialogue again and again is actually defending russians actions in ukraine. Because it treats them as equal or actions that need the same ammount of pushback or priority. Which they are not at all. At least not for me.

Anyway, in cheerier news, S&P have rated Russia's foreign debt as 'Selective Default'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

A very interesting read about the man in charge of Ukrania's defence. We never hear from him, or know much about him.
    Quote young general (guess that is what it takes to unlearn the Soviet doctrine) that has been schooled by NATO in modern warfare.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...zhnyy-00023901
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

I assume Kilabi and Malcanis are trolling me with moron tier takes at this point so am ducking out

1: Ukraine should do a warcrime to those subhumans for all the horrible stuff they've done.

2: No they shouldnt, no one should do a warcrime or dehumanise their opponents, however provoked.

1: THATS WHATABOUTISM! YOU "BOTH SIDES" FASCIST APOLOGIST TROLLOLOLOL

Nah you trolling, you arent stupid.

I assume Kilabi and Malcanis are trolling me with moron tier takes at this point so am ducking out

1: Ukraine should do a warcrime to those subhumans for all the horrible stuff they've done.

2: No they shouldnt, no one should do a warcrime or dehumanise their opponents, however provoked.

Cmon try again to paint how both sides are the same. Maybe then you'll get it.

"Russia is doing a warcrime"

Lall -> "so is ukraine"

"prove it"

Lall -> "no ur stupid if u think they aren't! both sides!"

"lol ok"

Lall -> "ur trolling!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.