hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1109 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 109609100910591099110611071108110911101111111211191159 ... LastLast
Results 22,161 to 22,180 of 23252

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    South Command, confirmed there are russians in Kherson area negotiating surrender.

Nothing on numbers etc. But I hope they force them to surrender into UKR custody and not let them back to russia.
    I suspect that the Russians are desperately looking for troops to launch a counter-attack. But unlike the corrupt fucks back in Moscow the troops in the frontines understand that now the Ukrainian artillery will shred any concentration of forces that comes out into the open to attack. Even the Ukrainian airforce is operating meaning the Russians have lost air superiority over the front.

While taking Russian forces POW would be optimal the fact that Russia cannot replace all of the equipment they have lost means troops going back to Russia are unlikely to be able or want to come back.
    They already tried that with 3rd Army Corps that was sent to reinforce Kupiansk. It came under fire along the way and was forced to rout.
    “Losing 40,000 troops and retreating after 7 months is all part of Putin’s brilliant plan of winning! We’re just getting ready to go hard now! Watch out!”

I can't wait for Russia to remove its gloves and send in the 3rd army Corp to smash the Ukrainian!

I think we need to petition a lot of game development studios to rebalance their games.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

I think we need to petition a lot of game development studios to rebalance their games.
    It's a part of their propaganda effort. And Gaijin even made some donations to Wagner Group. So go figure...

Some US Gen (Ret.) spouted this little gem on current Russian performance:

"From once being the 2nd greatest army in the world, to currently being the 2nd greatest army in the Ukraine."

Big owch.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    South Command, confirmed there are russians in Kherson area negotiating surrender.

Nothing on numbers etc. But I hope they force them to surrender into UKR custody and not let them back to russia.
    There's an argument for keeping all their gear and sending the soldiers back to Russia. 20,000 people telling the truth about what happened in Ukraine might be inconvenient for the Putin regime.
    I don't think they would get back. Probably just straight to a base for re-equipping.
    With what? Pikes and leather cuirasses?
    The one with the rifle shoots...
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

There's an argument for keeping all their gear and sending the soldiers back to Russia. 20,000 people telling the truth about what happened in Ukraine might be inconvenient for the Putin regime.
    I heard Siberia is a vast and empty landscape ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

Somebody may have other ideas:

I think China's just realized 30+ years of investing in Russian doctrine and technology was a mistake. And note China's reunification requires a far more complex invasion - ie crossing Taiwan Strait and landing troops on Taiwan.

In the meantime, someone seems to be a bit pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

I think China's just realized 30+ years of investing in Russian doctrine and technology was a mistake. And note China's reunification requires a far more complex invasion - ie crossing Taiwan Strait and landing troops on Taiwan.

They already started antirussia campaign on their social medias and Xin JPG winnie the pooh is visiting Kazachstan and Uzbekistan in his first visit abroad since covid...I wonder what is he going to discuss there...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...an_propaganda/

Just in case someone missed it on the ukraine subreddit

It is a fragment of "The Caucasus" poem:

І вам слава, сині гори,
    Кригою окуті!
    І вам, лицарі великі,
    Богом не забуті.
    Борітеся — поборете!
    Вам бог помагає!
    За вас правда, за вас слава
    І воля святая!

And glory, mountains blue, to you,
    In ageless ice encased!
    And glory, freedom’s knights, to you,
    Whom God will not forsake.
    Keep fighting — you are sure to win!
    God helps you in your fight!
    For fame and freedom march with you,
    And right is on your side!

THE CAUCASUS
    Translated by John Weir
    Liberate a city from imperialist scum

Tear down a banner with imperialist propaganda

Underneath it is a poem, written 177 years ago, about fighting for your freedom, against the same empire you're fighting now.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Since Twitter sucks and won't show content unless I log in, have a link: https://nitter.net/TheDeadDistrict/s...229215027207#m
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

They already started antirussia campaign on their social medias and Xin JPG winnie the pooh is visiting Kazachstan and Uzbekistan in his first visit abroad since covid...I wonder what is he going to discuss there...
    China doesn't need to invade. Russia is facing economy and demographic collapse so China will simply stop pretending that Russia is a equal and will start treating it like the client state it is. The meeting is to tell the Central Asian Republics that they have a new daddy now.

Russia's main task as far as China was concerned was to divert western resources back to Europe and away from the Pacific. Taking Ukraine would have started a new cold war with NATO beefing up it defenses from Norway to Turkey. Instead not only has Russia failed to significantly divert western forces, it has weakened itself all while exposing how bad Russian military technology is. As the bulk of Chinese weaponry is still knock-offs of Russian systems that means going back to the drawing board if they want to successfully invade Taiwan.

Additionally the energy and food crisis triggered by Russia's actions is hurting the Chinese enconomy while they continue to shoot themselves in the foot with their COVID policy. A major drought in China's west means they'll need food imports which will be expensive and in limited supply.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Since Twitter sucks and won't show content unless I log in, have a link: https://nitter.net/TheDeadDistrict/s...229215027207#m
    Candy's link w/o all the trackers:

China doesn't need to invade. Russia is facing economy and demographic collapse so China will simply stop pretending that Russia is a equal and will start treating it like the client state it is. The meeting is to tell the Central Asian Republics that they have a new daddy now.

Russia's main task as far as China was concerned was to divert western resources back to Europe and away from the Pacific. Taking Ukraine would have started a new cold war with NATO beefing up it defenses from Norway to Turkey. Instead not only has Russia failed to significantly divert western forces, it has weakened itself all while exposing how bad Russian military technology is. As the bulk of Chinese weaponry is still knock-offs of Russian systems that means going back to the drawing board if they want to successfully invade Taiwan.

Additionally the energy and food crisis triggered by Russia's actions is hurting the Chinese enconomy while they continue to shoot themselves in the foot with their COVID policy. A major drought in China's west means they'll need food imports which will be expensive and in limited supply.
    Let's not forget that Russias fuckup, if it comes to the conclusion that the path currently points towards, will have shown the west that we can actually stand together and affect the change we want and that authoritarian states are not actually stronger than democracies. Two things that had come into doubt with the constant barrage of propaganda post cold war.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post

Let's not forget that Russias fuckup, if it comes to the conclusion that the path currently points towards, will have shown the west that we can actually stand together and affect the change we want and that authoritarian states are not actually stronger than democracies. Two things that had come into doubt with the constant barrage of propaganda post cold war.
    I'd argue we were lucky this time around that Putin chose a time to invade when the orange clown wasn't in office. Who knows how that would have turned out, considering that the current help from the U.S., both with intel/advice and ofc material, far exceeds any other nation's contribution. That's under a Biden administration that "we" stand together. Would have Trump done the same?

Trump would have done the opposite. He was downright russian asset. Look at Tucker Carlson's current conflict coverage, that would have been Trump's line.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    It's a part of their propaganda effort. And Gaijin even made some donations to Wagner Group. So go figure...
    Source on this?

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Source on this?
    https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-pol...e-adverts.html

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Source on this?
    https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-pol...e-adverts.html
    /me clicks on Read more here, receives
    Oops. Page not found.
    Not something I'd call a revealing source.