hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1145 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 14564510451095113511421143114411451146114711481155 ... LastLast
Results 22,881 to 22,900 of 23279

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Another bravery of VDV troops. The replies are pure gold.

Zelensky posted a petition oh his site. A proposal to exchange the monument of Catherine II in Odesa for the return of our raccoon.
    No one can deny that the Ukrainians have played a masterclass troll game ever since this whole catastrofucked omnishambles started.

Meanwhile, maybe it's a feint, maybe its for realsies, but the UAF seem to be prepping up to liberate more of Kherson and there are lots of rumours - rumours - that the Russians are pretty much pulling back from at least the western part of the oblast.

Meanwhile the UAF keep grinding on in Luhansk. The Russians seem to be obsessed with taking Bakhmut, for some reason. At this point I can only think it's a political/morale thing - they've spent so much time, lost so many, many men, lost so much hardware trying that the command have to take it, regardless of how objectively important it actually is, because otherwise they'll be admitting that it was all for nothing. And after several months of back to back humiliating defeats, there will be immense pressure to deliver at least one victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

The Wagner dude has to show something positive for the public. Bakhmut is a PR stunt unless I'm somehow missing it's strategic value.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    The Wagner dude has to show something positive for the public. Bakhmut is a PR stunt unless I'm somehow missing it's strategic value.
    I was watching one of the youtube guys who does the daily map updates, and I think he mentioned bakhmut would give artillery range on 2 regional command centres. Not 100% sure it was bakhmut though , but was a town they had been making a major effort on.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Another bravery of VDV troops. The replies are pure gold.

Zelensky posted a petition oh his site. A proposal to exchange the monument of Catherine II in Odesa for the return of our raccoon.
    No one can deny that the Ukrainians have played a masterclass troll game ever since this whole catastrofucked omnishambles started.

Meanwhile, maybe it's a feint, maybe its for realsies, but the UAF seem to be prepping up to liberate more of Kherson and there are lots of rumours - rumours - that the Russians are pretty much pulling back from at least the western part of the oblast.

Meanwhile the UAF keep grinding on in Luhansk. The Russians seem to be obsessed with taking Bakhmut, for some reason. At this point I can only think it's a political/morale thing - they've spent so much time, lost so many, many men, lost so much hardware trying that the command have to take it, regardless of how objectively important it actually is, because otherwise they'll be admitting that it was all for nothing. And after several months of back to back humiliating defeats, there will be immense pressure to deliver at least one victory.
    It is too early for UAF to commit yet to the next push.
    Right now it is just probing attacks while they wait to see where the RU Kherson forces been redeployed.

This is very much like Chess, you have to create dilemmas for your opponent and exploit a potential weakness.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    I was watching one of the youtube guys who does the daily map updates, and I think he mentioned bakhmut would give artillery range on 2 regional command centres. Not 100% sure it was bakhmut though , but was a town they had been making a major effort on.
    I saw most likely the same video, as that was also mentioned in the one I watched.

He speculates about couple of more reasons why Russia still attacks this city.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    I mean that sounds nice, but it doesn't seem worth what has been spent on trying to take the place. Trying other avenues of attack would be a better option after over 9 months of feeding and failing. Plus those command centres would surely be moved out of range if Bakhmut fell anyway?

Yeah nah I'm thinking this is 5% strategy and 95% politically driven stubbornness and callous sunk cost fallacy
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Speaking about Wagner, what can be more mafia than a violin case?

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineRuss...ngraved_blood/

Speaking about Wagner, what can be more mafia than a violin case?

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineRuss...ngraved_blood/
    Was looking for that in context of Lief's comment on "show something positive for the public". These people are absolute psychopaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

This has to be trollpost / fake news right?

Just when you thought russians can't top their previous stupidity. All it lacks is pictures of Sims game boxes.
    Last edited by rufuske; November 25 2022 at 12:58:24 PM.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Voronezh...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

looks real.. you can see the replica freedom badges sown onto camo jumpsuit in the video, and various old gasmasks etc.

wouldnt be suprised if that was a BB pistol on the ground.. jesus christ fuck russia.

A little surprised airsofting groups weren't targeted by the draft, already better equipped than half they guys they sent out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    A little surprised airsofting groups weren't targeted by the draft, already better equipped than half they guys they sent out.
    But they might be in too good physical shape and outrun the draft commission, not worth the effort comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    They use airsoft players as trainers, NCO's core was decimated in Ukraine. I suppose it is better than nothing, but not much...

https://news.yahoo.com/training-airs...ycsrp_catchall

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Ukrainian trenches in the winter...

Spoiler:

It looks exactly like WWI, and it doesn't surprise me. I just don't know how it has been held onto for so long.

That is the attitude!

Saw a CNN video over the weekend (most likely also showed elsewhere) of an intercepted phone call of a mobilized solder to his girl friend. That call - if real, shows both the meanwhile already well documented terrible morale and circumstances of these poor guys and also the amount of indoctrination Russia's regime has achieved. Paraphrased: "It's WW 3, if not for us, they (UKR obviously) would bomb Moscow and Yekaterinburg (I think)."

Looks like Russia is going full "Day 2 of The Somme" on Bakhmut. IDK, if they really really want the place that badly, Ukraine will probably withdraw in the end, or at least bring the invaders into street to street fighting, rather than let their guys get overrun Because it seems to be much more important to the Russians, or at least the commanders, than it is to Ukraine. And less important to both of them than another few thousand Russian lives.

Another video explaining Bakhmut