hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1132 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 13263210321082112211291130113111321133113411351142 ... LastLast
Results 22,621 to 22,640 of 23252

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Multiple trench lines and concrete pylons are put in by Luhansk to slow the advance of UA forces.

The 3rd Reich's Siegfried line looked much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Multiple trench lines and concrete pylons are put in by Luhansk to slow the advance of UA forces.

The 3rd Reich's Siegfried line looked much better.
    At least they still can produce concrete..
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    The General

By Siegfried Sassoon

“Good-morning, good-morning!” the General said
    When we met him last week on our way to the line.
    Now the soldiers he smiled at are most of 'em dead,
    And we're cursing his staff for incompetent swine.
    “He's a cheery old card,” grunted Harry to Jack
    As they slogged up to Arras with rifle and pack.

But he did for them both by his plan of attack.
    Given a rifle AND a pack? Absolutely Bourgeoisie

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    The General

By Siegfried Sassoon

“Good-morning, good-morning!” the General said
    When we met him last week on our way to the line.
    Now the soldiers he smiled at are most of 'em dead,
    And we're cursing his staff for incompetent swine.
    “He's a cheery old card,” grunted Harry to Jack
    As they slogged up to Arras with rifle and pack.

But he did for them both by his plan of attack.
    Given a rifle AND a pack? Absolutely Bourgeoisie
    Given of what we've seen from Russias sorry excuse for a mobilization and their lack of equippment I decided to rewatch Perun's Corruption video and it's even more on the money than I remembered. It brings to mind a few discussions I've had in the past about corruption in Russia and how without Putin it would somehow be worse apparantly?

Well I'd say this is worse and Putin is still here. It starts at the top. Always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9i4..._channel=Perun

It seems like their best strong allies are taking every opportunity to profit from their plight.

https://www.theregister.com/2022/10/...failure_rates/

Poor Russia.
    technology can’t solve economic and political problems

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Dunno how it is in the rest of the europe but today and tomorrow will be so hot, we're prolly gonna break some records. If winter will be the same another kind of threat goes down the drain.
    It's not exactly warm in Edinburgh, but but it could be a heck of a lot colder than this less then 2 weeks from Halloween.

Even if it was, fuck Russia and their gas anyway. I've got blankets, Ive got heat pads, I've got longjohns. If anyone wants this over more quickly, my answer to them is that we should give Ukraine more hardware, more ammo, train more of their soldiers and put more sanctions on Russia. And more of those massive windfarms in the North Sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Maybe first mention of Chinese helmets making it to Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Maybe first mention of Chinese helmets making it to Russia?

thats good news, right? https://www.theregister.com/2022/10/...failure_rates/

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    It seems like their best strong allies are taking every opportunity to profit from their plight.

Poor Russia.
    It makes sense, russia is buying whatever it can get its hands off.
    In this case, anything that didn't meet production quantities.

All industry sectors term up their production quantities in long term contracts.
    This is not a type of product you try to sell on spot market.

So all these manufacturers have already made contracts and must fill their minimum required volumes first.
    In factories that run 24/7 you don't have the ability to just produce more. No one runs their manufacturing lines under capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post

Poor Russia.
    It makes sense, russia is buying whatever it can get its hands off.
    In this case, anything that didn't meet production quantities.

All industry sectors term up their production quantities in long term contracts.
    This is not a type of product you try to sell on spot market.

So all these manufacturers have already made contracts and must fill their minimum required volumes first.
    In factories that run 24/7 you don't have the ability to just produce more. No one runs their manufacturing lines under capacity.
    This is probably not because of what we talked about in Lol economics thread just yet, but as China has received the Ban Hammer on chip manufacturing there wont be a single working chip leaving China very soon.
    Could even be that they foreseen this and have rushed prod with lower quality and dumped all the shit on Ruzz to make room to run for themselves but that seems a bit too conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

The thing about china is that everything that comes off the production lines will get exported, no matter if it passed QC or not, some of it will be repaired by some sweatshop or another to various standards, some just sold as junk to suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    The thing about china is that everything that comes off the production lines will get exported, no matter if it passed QC or not, some of it will be repaired by some sweatshop or another to various standards, some just sold as junk to suckers.
    Just because these are Business to Business transaction, doesn't mean they will accept whatever is delivered.
    They more than private consumers are focused on quality. If you sell a product with X spec. then it better delivered or face legal consequences.
    Both economic and reputation losses matter.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Just because these are Business to Business transaction, doesn't mean they will accept whatever is delivered.
    They more than private consumers are focused on quality. If you sell a product with X spec. then it better delivered or face legal consequences.
    Both economic and reputation losses matter.
    As the article aptly points out
    Gray market distributors and other opportunistic operators have been left as the only entities willing to deal with Russian businesses.

Gray market folks are not renowned for their sterling customer service nor their commitment to quality. They get away with it because buyers of products with – ahem – unconventional origins self-incriminate if they complain to authorities.

Perhaps they're even dumping dud product on Russian buyers, knowing that they can't easily access alternatives.

Putin announced (officially) Martial Law in "their" new regions. I kind of want them to try and close boarders and force draft people to fight.
    I'm sure stepping up to be on the front while the "important people" leaves through the back door is highly motivational.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Putin announced (officially) Martial Law in "their" new regions. I kind of want them to try and close boarders and force draft people to fight.
    I'm sure stepping up to be on the front while the "important people" leaves through the back door is highly motivational.
    It is because they are evacuating their civilian government in Kherson.
    + 60k civilians in addition.
    Questions being asked why the civilians? Human shield for their military?

Friendly reminder that forced relocation is a war crime. They arent "evacuating" them, they are abducting them.

So this is a new one…

1) Apparently the Swedish speed cams are Canon DSLR. Like wat?!?
    2) They are being stolen and shipped to Russia to be used in/with drones.
    3) Had I known they contained Canon cams I would have busted a few myself shiiieeet.
    And with this now being reported in main news I expect a steap decline in working speed cams.

UKR is exceptionally tight lipped about whats going on in the Kherson region.
    In RU media, they are gradually preparing ppl for a retreat.

Screw the city. let them retreat and strike at the retreating military. can always clean up the city later, plus no fighting that kills civilians / infrastructure.
    cover more ground behind it, a surrounded city is already won.

This brilliant analysis is brought to you by someone who plays xcom a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Screw the city. let them retreat and strike at the retreating military. can always clean up the city later, plus no fighting that kills civilians / infrastructure.
    cover more ground behind it, a surrounded city is already won.

This brilliant analysis is brought to you by someone who plays xcom a lot.
    I imagine they're retreating with a bunch of civvies considering how much they're talking about evacuating the city. Human shield for the troops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.