hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1128 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 12862810281078111811251126112711281129113011311138 ... LastLast
Results 22,541 to 22,560 of 23252

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

https://www.reddit.com/r/NonCredible..._of_the_funni/

The bridge isnt the only thing on fire.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

https://twitter.com/OleksiyDanilov/s...CqzaHNuOgrAAAA

LOL

LMAO

Oh shit that's gonna leave a red mark

Oh fuck hahahahhaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Such a beautiful morning.
    Putin should ban cigarettes, it's really starting to hurt their war effort.

What a precise job, the collapsed road sections blocked the shipping lanes into the Azov sea. Oh deary me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    What a precise job, the collapsed road sections blocked the shipping lanes into the Azov sea. Oh deary me.
    no now they have a new jetty to dock to
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Rail map of Ukraine. I think you can see how there might be... issues using the northern route to supply Kherson and Crimea...
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NonCredible..._of_the_funni/

The bridge isnt the only thing on fire.
    I know a loooooot of Ukis by now. Its amazing to see how internet savvy all ages are, even babushka. They love their memes and use a lot of 'western' songs/music as template for ukr singing. I asked when this started and apparantly around 2012 and spiked after 2014 Crimea invasion.
    Disclaimer: this about city folk, true deep rural areas are like in the 1930's still.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I wasn't expecting Ukraine to make a serious play for Crimea until next year but I guess finding those dead babies in the mass graves in Lyman has accelerated their schedule somewhat.
    Also: now is maybe the time considering their momentum. Take what's of strategic importance and reach/settle in stable defense positions before winter brings it to a halt. And before the new conscripts are fed into the meatgrinder in masses and slow down the advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I wasn't expecting Ukraine to make a serious play for Crimea until next year but I guess finding those dead babies in the mass graves in Lyman has accelerated their schedule somewhat.
    Also: now is maybe the time considering their momentum. Take what's of strategic importance and reach/settle in stable defense positions before winter brings it to a halt. And before the new conscripts are fed into the meatgrinder in masses and slow down the advance.
    Not to mention that feeding those conscripts into the meatgrinder just got a lot harder.

I wonder if the UA is in a position to make a drive towards Melitopol? They don't even have to actually capture it, just interdict the road & rail links, and that'd make the occupation of Kherson and Crimea literally unsupportable. There is that convenient inlet south of Melitopol that makes it something of a chokepoint. If they could pull that off, I think we'd start to see some large scale surrenders - especially after a couple of weeks when things start running out and winter begins to bite.

Disclaimer: armchair General.

I think the whole winter will slow fighting down its a misconception. The next phase is Rasputina, mud season. That will force an operational pause and the ukr forces are IMO currently driving a bit harder than they should without that season coming, since they expect a coming forced pause and the opportunity then to reconstitute for a few weeks.

After, when the frost comes and the ground freezes and hardens again, Ukraine will be able to go back on the offensive since they will have winter gear. Russian forces will then suffer under the twin pressure of winter and the renewed offenses.

It is going to majorly suck for the civilians in the occupied areas though. Russia will do the same fuck all to help them as they did before.

If the rus leadership gave a single fuck about their soldiers, they would pull them back immediately but, well, they also wouldn't have started the whole shitshow in the first place and everybody would have been happier for it. Alas.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Disclaimer: armchair General.

I think the whole winter will slow fighting down its a misconception. The next phase is Rasputina, mud season. That will force an operational pause and the ukr forces are IMO currently driving a bit harder than they should without that season coming, since they expect a coming forced pause and the opportunity then to reconstitute for a few weeks.

After, when the frost comes and the ground freezes and hardens again, Ukraine will be able to go back on the offensive since they will have winter gear. Russian forces will then suffer under the twin pressure of winter and the renewed offenses.

It is going to majorly suck for the civilians in the occupied areas though. Russia will do the same fuck all to help them as they did before.

If the rus leadership gave a single fuck about their soldiers, they would pull them back immediately but, well, they also wouldn't have started the whole shitshow in the first place and everybody would have been happier for it. Alas.
    With supply chains going to be a nightmare on a whole new level for russia. And if they can't procure winter uniforms.
    Ukraine can't let them hunker down and survive the cold.
    Now more than ever, they have to bring the full force on the invaders.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Disclaimer: weather general.

Isn't mud season after winter?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

But what about the second mud season?

https://nitter.it/kms_d4k/status/1575027563306840064#m

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

IIRC, there are autumn rains that will start soon.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Nope, Rasputitsa/bezdorizhzhia comes first. However it’s apparently less heavy in Ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasputitsa
    nevar forget

It's the soviet seasons; cold, dark and miserable; cold, wet and miserable; 2 weeks of decent weather; cold, wet and miserable.

There's so much mud, it needs two seasons. Also, I messed up the spelling, rasputitsa. Interestingly the german wiki article mentions autumn and spring mud, while the english version doesn't really mention times of year.

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasputiza

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasputitsa
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic