hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 987 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 48788793797798498598698798898999099710371087 ... LastLast
Results 19,721 to 19,740 of 22901

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Is there a reasonable explanation for why the US shouldn't give the Ukrainians some air support? Probably not CAS, but things like Division HQs, and artillery batteries are pretty easy to find just based on radio traffic and sat imagery. Assuming Zelensky doesn't mind a few extra bombs dropped in his country.
    Apart from not wanting to be in a hot war with Russia?
    "Those were just tourist holiday pictures!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    I can't do much but i have money to spend. I have been vary to look for official Ukraine website which accepts donations and don't want to fall for a scam or hacked site by Russians. So does anyone have any idea where to look.

I know it will be a drop in ocean but many drops, you know what i mean.
    If you are serious with that:

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2024046.html

Kremlin website goes down as Russian TV channels ‘hacked to play Ukrainian songs’

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    And sending 14 armored vehicles (weird number, no mention of type) and 10.000 tons of fuel.
    Knowing the state of Bundeswehr equipment, these are probably the only ones fit for service ...

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Last edited by helgur; February 27 2022 at 02:18:08 PM.

Admiral Ackbar would like to have a word.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Admiral Ackbar would like to have a word.
    Luckily the Spetznas is out busy looting a local supermarket so both the Russian and Ukrainian deligation should be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    This... is starting to look like a huge fuckup?? Unless he bulldozes in with the other 150,000 troops + equipment.
    What the current situation reminds me of:

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rilla View Post
    My bank keeps refunding my donations saying there must have been a problem (they won't specify this any further). Anyone else has this problem? Tried multiple donations; some seem to have gone through but i'm not entirely sure.
    Revolut froze my card the first time around, but you can unblock it via the app and the second time it'll go through. I use it as a sort of a buffer for internet payments. Setting up an account is relatively painless (though they do require you scan in your ID).
    Revolut is russian...Just saying...
    It's British, lol. Just because it's been founded by russian (actually ukrainian) people it doesn't mean it is russian as in aligned to the state of Russia. And one of the most important things we should take home from this whole shit show is that regular people in Russia are people like you and me who want to leave in peace. Don't project one madman's actions upon a whole people.
    More american than british then, lol, their US office is bigger. Check how big Saint Petersburg one is. Also even though it has office in Londongrad (that's how russians call London, with all the oligarchs owning so much etc.) and is registered there did you know founder is a son of one of Gazprom executives? You can dig deeper if you want.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quoting tweets makes broken posts. So.

I guess they are going to the deep shelters on the periphery of Moscow just in case.

Sanctions of this scale are a existential threat, if not for Russia than for Putin's regime. Though "don't put up sanctions on us, don't supply Ukrainians, and also you must keep trading with us, or we nuke you" is a very difficult threat for USA and EU to just accept. If he openly threatens (as in, not in press release but over the hotline) to use nukes if West doesn't give in to all of his demands... The West will give in. For a time. I would expect massive ABM spending incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

I guess they are going to the deep shelters on the periphery of Moscow just in case.

Sanctions of this scale are a existential threat, if not for Russia than for Putin's regime. Though "don't put up sanctions on us, don't supply Ukrainians, and also you must keep trading with us, or we nuke you" is a very difficult threat for USA and EU to just accept. If he openly threatens (as in, not in press release but over the hotline) to use nukes if West doesn't give in to all of his demands... The West will give in. For a time. I would expect massive ABM spending incoming.
    There have been rumours that Putin is begining to show signs of a disease of old age like Parkinsons or Dementia which given his seemingly unhinged state must be causing concern in the inner circles of Moscow.

Threatening a nuclear attack will put everyone on edge including China who so far is the only ally of worth Russia has left.

And it won't stop the fighting in Ukranine as the Ukranians can sense that they just might prevail and at least return to the pre-invasion status quo.

Having grown up during the cold war I am aware that the militaries on both sides have heading off potential nuclear war in the past. Hopefully there are still some Russian officers with a degree of integrity and love for country left in the strategic forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

There have been rumours that Putin is begining to show signs of a disease of old age like Parkinsons or Dementia which given his seemingly unhinged state must be causing concern in the inner circles of Moscow.

Threatening a nuclear attack will put everyone on edge including China who so far is the only ally of worth Russia has left.

And it won't stop the fighting in Ukranine as the Ukranians can sense that they just might prevail and at least return to the pre-invasion status quo.

Having grown up during the cold war I am aware that the militaries on both sides have heading off potential nuclear war in the past. Hopefully there are still some Russian officers with a degree of integrity and love for country left in the strategic forces.
    Getting dementia at just 70 would be really bad luck for Vladimir Vladimirovich. Though Terry Pratchett died of it at sixty something...

No one on either side has seriously considered nuclear strategy for 30 years, nor how to behave during a crisis. There is huge risk of someone to fuck up

"Johnson launches nukes to distract from Downing Street wallpaper expense revelations"

Alexa - show me top attack mitigation.

The jav hat was a maybe slightly optimistic idea

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Yeah, let's not take their word for good fish. RT is following a strict government agenda.

Here's a legit way to help if you have some cash spare:

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/nats...potrebi-armiyi

And anything with RT logo is russian state propaganda. Here's their director of broadcasting courtesy of helgur's post pages back

https://i.imgur.com/uEEZLGI.mp4

smug fuck, been working great for them so far.
    Last edited by rufuske; February 27 2022 at 04:44:45 PM.

Wait, that isnt a comedy sketch? Suck a dick, we will trample your rights and you will love us for it?

Since i dont speak russian i am going to go ahead and assume that really, he is telling us he got our nose.

https://twitter.com/olex_scherba/sta...75994015227907

Telling russian ships to go fuck themselves is apparently the new naval tradition.