hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1047 of 1082 FirstFirst ... 47547947997103710441045104610471048104910501057 ... LastLast
Results 20,921 to 20,940 of 21623

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

  1. #20921
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,272
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    In other glorious news, UKR personell has been trained in using the Stormer/Starstreak platform in the UK.
    I heard about that a little while ago. Interesting system, and the Ukrainians apparently became proficient in only a week, as opposed to the 3 weeks it normally takes.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

  2. #20922
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    In other glorious news, UKR personell has been trained in using the Stormer/Starstreak platform in the UK.
    I heard about that a little while ago. Interesting system, and the Ukrainians apparently became proficient in only a week, as opposed to the 3 weeks it normally takes.
    Yes, if internet is to be believed then its already in use. Shot down a UAV like 3 weeks ago and it was reported as first use/hit.
    Also rumored to have taken the tail of a [attack heli of some sort] like a week after that (there is video but not clear what actually hit it. Clearly proved helicopters need their tail to be attached to he main body to function tho).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  3. #20923
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,915
    It should have arrived in Ukraine last/end of last week. Would be impressed if its seen use yet.
    Think most have just been stingers and starstreaks, not the Stormer.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvis_Stormer
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  4. #20924
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    It should have arrived in Ukraine last/end of last week. Would be impressed if its seen use yet.
    Think most have just been stingers and starstreaks, not the Stormer.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvis_Stormer
    Ah right you are, I was thinking Starstreak only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  5. #20925
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,272


    https://www.thedailybeast.com/msnbc-...ght-in-ukraine

    In a subsequent exchange with The Daily Beast on Monday evening from what he said was a secure outpost in Ukraine, Nance said he was “touched” when he first met his platoon.

    “The international legion is one of the best-kept secrets in the country. That’s the story. They were higher-level people than I am. Most journalists have never seen an actual member or been following freelancers all over the battlefield. I really can’t tell you how diverse a group it really is. It is literally a multinational force of men and women who are here to defend Ukraine,” the Navy veteran told The Daily Beast. “I was very touched when I met the first platoon and saw they were here for the right reasons.”

    “They were not here just to get guns,” he noted.

    He continued: “Also if anybody gives me any fucking flak just tell them to shut the fuck up since they’re obviously p*ssies who have never been in combat. The Legion only takes combat vets. #BOFADEEZ”
    Last edited by Nordstern; April 19 2022 at 03:11:54 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

  6. #20926

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    5,960
    Netherlands prepares to deliver heavy weapons and armored vehicles to Ukraine.
    "We are not Germany" says Prime Minister Rutte.
    ZING. Wow, Rutte really doesn't like the Schulz coalition equivocating. He said something similar negative about Germany's initial offer of "helmets" to Ukraine back in January IRCC

  7. #20927
    Donor Miep's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,428
    Nobody likes Scholz anymore.
    But his party is deeply connected to the Kreml, the press has only scratched on the surface till now and its already looking like a black hole...
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

  8. #20928

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    5,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Nobody likes Scholz anymore.
    But his party is deeply connected to the Kreml, the press has only scratched on the surface till now and its already looking like a black hole...
    SPD and CDU both fucked up their Russian politics for decades. Members of both parties are too close to Russian politicians and businesses.
    Basically Scholz have to shit on a lot of peers and friends.

  9. #20929
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,412
    Seems that in an effort to scrap up troops for the new offensive Russia has left the liquidation of Mariupol to the Chechens and Dombas "volunteers". Neither have any interest in pressing the attack, instead waiting for artillery and starvation to do the job. Also loitering in the rubble of Mariupol is preferable to being used as fodder in the new offensive.

    So Mariupol hasn't fallen and can probably hang on for a while yet.

  10. #20930
    Donor Miep's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Nobody likes Scholz anymore.
    But his party is deeply connected to the Kreml, the press has only scratched on the surface till now and its already looking like a black hole...
    SPD and CDU both fucked up their Russian politics for decades. Members of both parties are too close to Russian politicians and businesses.
    Basically Scholz have to shit on a lot of peers and friends.
    Tend to agree but there is a magnitude difference between the SPD and the CDU. Only exeception maybe Kretschmer and Merkel there.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

  11. #20931

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    8,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Netherlands prepares to deliver heavy weapons and armored vehicles to Ukraine.
    "We are not Germany" says Prime Minister Rutte.
    ZING. Wow, Rutte really doesn't like the Schulz coalition equivocating. He said something similar negative about Germany's initial offer of "helmets" to Ukraine back in January IRCC
    It is a retarded statement from Rutte. There is no broad discussion about sending weapons and its consequences in NL neither are we being told what is being sent and what the cost is. Its shelfed under operational security. Our army is a absolute shadow of itself who could literally not defend the country for more than 3 days due to the lack of ammo, material and personnel.

    So what Rutte is saying is Germany shouldnt' be so democratic with its press and oversight.
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  12. #20932
    Donor Miep's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Netherlands prepares to deliver heavy weapons and armored vehicles to Ukraine.
    "We are not Germany" says Prime Minister Rutte.
    ZING. Wow, Rutte really doesn't like the Schulz coalition equivocating. He said something similar negative about Germany's initial offer of "helmets" to Ukraine back in January IRCC
    It is a retarded statement from Rutte. There is no broad discussion about sending weapons and its consequences in NL neither are we being told what is being sent and what the cost is. Its shelfed under operational security. Our army is a absolute shadow of itself who could literally not defend the country for more than 3 days due to the lack of ammo, material and personnel.

    So what Rutte is saying is Germany shouldnt' be so democratic with its press and oversight.
    Defend from whom? Russia i guess?
    Best defence for Europe is to send Ukraine so much weapons that a Russian attack on europe will never happen.

    They could send all of the german bw euip as far as i could care, we could not even Muster 3 fully armed brgiades.

    So give it to those who can.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

  13. #20933

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    258
    Just saw a news story about some dude tracking down retreating Russians through AirPods that they stole from his house.


  14. #20934

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    5,960
    Timeline of 🇩🇪's @OlafScholz's many lies

    Lol what bullshit. Scholz is continuing the is part of Merkels Steinmeier Sigmar Gabriel Russia network . The industry offered to sell weapons he blocked every attempt. He will not have a second time in office.

  15. #20935
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Seems that in an effort to scrap up troops for the new offensive Russia has left the liquidation of Mariupol to the Chechens and Dombas "volunteers". Neither have any interest in pressing the attack, instead waiting for artillery and starvation to do the job. Also loitering in the rubble of Mariupol is preferable to being used as fodder in the new offensive.

    So Mariupol hasn't fallen and can probably hang on for a while yet.
    Sauce?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  16. #20936
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Netherlands prepares to deliver heavy weapons and armored vehicles to Ukraine.
    "We are not Germany" says Prime Minister Rutte.
    ZING. Wow, Rutte really doesn't like the Schulz coalition equivocating. He said something similar negative about Germany's initial offer of "helmets" to Ukraine back in January IRCC
    It is a retarded statement from Rutte. There is no broad discussion about sending weapons and its consequences in NL neither are we being told what is being sent and what the cost is. Its shelfed under operational security. Our army is a absolute shadow of itself who could literally not defend the country for more than 3 days due to the lack of ammo, material and personnel.

    So what Rutte is saying is Germany shouldnt' be so democratic with its press and oversight.
    Defend from whom? Russia i guess?
    Best defence for Europe is to send Ukraine so much weapons that a Russian attack on europe will never happen.

    They could send all of the german bw euip as far as i could care, we could not even Muster 3 fully armed brgiades.

    So give it to those who can.
    Exactly. Just about every other NATO country (and some non-NATO) recognise this as a golden opportunity to put a spoke in Russian military power for a decade or more which Ukraine is paying the lion's share of the real cost. A few billion euros each to shut down Putin's imperial ambition is a fucking bargain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  17. #20937

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    8,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Netherlands prepares to deliver heavy weapons and armored vehicles to Ukraine.
    "We are not Germany" says Prime Minister Rutte.
    ZING. Wow, Rutte really doesn't like the Schulz coalition equivocating. He said something similar negative about Germany's initial offer of "helmets" to Ukraine back in January IRCC
    It is a retarded statement from Rutte. There is no broad discussion about sending weapons and its consequences in NL neither are we being told what is being sent and what the cost is. Its shelfed under operational security. Our army is a absolute shadow of itself who could literally not defend the country for more than 3 days due to the lack of ammo, material and personnel.

    So what Rutte is saying is Germany shouldnt' be so democratic with its press and oversight.
    Defend from whom? Russia i guess?
    Best defence for Europe is to send Ukraine so much weapons that a Russian attack on europe will never happen.

    They could send all of the german bw euip as far as i could care, we could not even Muster 3 fully armed brgiades.

    So give it to those who can.
    Exactly. Just about every other NATO country (and some non-NATO) recognise this as a golden opportunity to put a spoke in Russian military power for a decade or more which Ukraine is paying the lion's share of the real cost. A few billion euros each to shut down Putin's imperial ambition is a fucking bargain.
    With that i agree. The original discussion was about how Germany and NL is handling arms supply. Our army is so shit the weapons might as well do some good in Ukr.

    Also NL started with helmets and flak jackets, then stingers and panzerfaust, in weeks more ammo for the latter and now boxer's and bushmasters.
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  18. #20938
    tulip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,275
    Let's be honest, this has all the hallmarks of a proxy war but with the added bonus that the enemy was actually thick enough to directly commit.

    Trading MANPADS for tanks and helicopters on neutral territory is a no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

  19. #20939
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,630
    Looking at the latest financial stuff Putin has been putting through... if his intention is to make Russia a pariah state on a par with North Korea then, well, good job well done I suppose. He's basically stolen everything. It is difficult to imagine how any enterprise in Russia is going to raise funds from anywhere except Russia for a long, long time to come, unless perhaps on the most short term and incredibly high priced terms.

    Welcome to Juche economics, I guess. Or Alaska II: Kamchatka Boogaloo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  20. #20940

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    8,005
    Stolen from venec on discord

    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •