hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1045 of 1082 FirstFirst ... 45545945995103510421043104410451046104710481055 ... LastLast
Results 20,881 to 20,900 of 21630

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

https://imgur.com/gallery/ibFhsrE

Album with proof of russian warcrimes
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    German article on Putin's understanding of historical change and the role of leadership

The short of it is that Putin believes in great man history. Russia's defeat in WWI, the fall of the Soviet Union, everything was the result of the decisions of great people and not the result of societal forces. That informed his interpretation of the Euromaidan as a plot of the CIA and not a popular movement.

The interpretation of the Euromaidan as a CIA ploy is typical for late Cold War Eastern Block spies. It was widespread in the KGB and Stasi before the end of the Cold War. That Putin ignores economic and societal factors in historic events is pretty telling in how far he's rejected Marxism-Leninism.
    You're confusing Marxism-Leninism with common sense and sanity. I'm happy though german left have figured out how to constructively deal with their cognitive dissonance.

https://nitter.eu/UAWeapons/status/1...931733417992#m Cope cage v2 spotted in the wild.

Also russian MoD has released a video where the whole rescued crew of Moscow cruiser says they are ready to keep on fighting, there are maybe 100 sailors present in the video and no senior officers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    https://nitter.eu/UAWeapons/status/1...931733417992#m Cope cage v2 spotted in the wild.

Also russian MoD has released a video where the whole rescued crew of Moscow cruiser says they are ready to keep on fighting, there are maybe 100 sailors present in the video and no senior officers at all.
    Read a comment that this might very well be crew assigned to the Moskva, just not the crew that was actively assigned when it spontaneously combusted.
    Is anyone monitoring Turkish news btw, as they claimed to have picked up 50 or so survivors I would expect some info and pictures on that? But so far I have only read unconfirmed stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    German article on Putin's understanding of historical change and the role of leadership

The short of it is that Putin believes in great man history. Russia's defeat in WWI, the fall of the Soviet Union, everything was the result of the decisions of great people and not the result of societal forces. That informed his interpretation of the Euromaidan as a plot of the CIA and not a popular movement.

The interpretation of the Euromaidan as a CIA ploy is typical for late Cold War Eastern Block spies. It was widespread in the KGB and Stasi before the end of the Cold War. That Putin ignores economic and societal factors in historic events is pretty telling in how far he's rejected Marxism-Leninism.
    You're confusing Marxism-Leninism with common sense and sanity. I'm happy though german left have figured out how to constructively deal with their cognitive dissonance.
    Joe just had a flashback to 1931
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

I'm not a historian, but I can't recall an instance where he ever embraced it.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

He never did. Nobody but the real old squad did and the remains Stalin had killed.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

This helps explain a great deal of the root of this war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksa...on_geopolitics

"In principle, Eurasia and our space, the heartland Russia, remain the staging area of a new anti-bourgeois, anti-American revolution ... The new Eurasian empire will be constructed on the fundamental principle of the common enemy: the rejection of Atlanticism, strategic control of the USA, and the refusal to allow liberal values to dominate us. This common civilizational impulse will be the basis of a political and strategic union."
    — The Basics of Geopolitics (1997)

"the maximum task [of the future] is the 'Finlandization' of all of Europe".[9]

In Europe:

Germany should be offered the de facto political dominance over most Protestant and Catholic states located within Central and Eastern Europe. Kaliningrad Oblast could be given back to Germany. The book uses the term "Moscow–Berlin axis".[9]

France should be encouraged to form a bloc with Germany, as they both have a "firm anti-Atlanticist tradition".[9]

The United Kingdom, merely described as an "extraterritorial floating base of the U.S.", should be cut off from Europe.[9]

Finland should be absorbed into Russia. Southern Finland will be combined with the Republic of Karelia and northern Finland will be "donated to Murmansk Oblast".[9]

Estonia should be given to Germany's sphere of influence.[9]

Latvia and Lithuania should be given a "special status" in the Eurasian–Russian sphere, although he later writes that they should be integrated into Russia.[9]

Belarus and Moldova are to become part of Russia.[9]

Poland should be granted a "special status" in the Eurasian sphere.[9]

Romania, North Macedonia, Serbia, "Serbian Bosnia" and Greece – "Orthodox collectivist East" – will unite with "Moscow the Third Rome" and reject the "rational-individualistic West".[9]

Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founda...litics#Content

Basically, they want the Counterreformation against the Enlightenment and negation of pretty much everything the West has embraced since the 19th century

neo-Fascists

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

He never did. Nobody but the real old squad did and the remains Stalin had killed.
    True. But Marxism-Leninism in regards to history is a bit more than just an ideology. Modern historiography would not exist without it.

Marxist historic materialism informed historiography in a way that nothing else did in the last hundred yeats
    Following Hegel's dialectics, which argued that history was a series of positive and negative forces that reacted to each other to drive history forward, Marx argued that not the decisions of big men like Napoleon or Louis XIV but by economic forces.

Sounds pretty logical, right?

That was quite radical at the time. Today historiography looks at all sorts of things to explain developments. Social forces, the economy, geography, diseases. Modern historians reject the idea that history is solely the result of the wims and ambitions of great men and women. These ambitions and decisions are interpreted as reactions to these influences.

Modern historiography owes its methods to Marx, which was acknowledged even during the Cold War.

Putin however subscribes to a view of history that has been rejected by modern historiography and ignores Marx completely.
    nevar forget

So both sides are now suggesting -20k KIA. If true this is the bloodiest year since 1944.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin Desal View Post
    So both sides are now suggesting -20k KIA. If true this is the bloodiest year since 1944.

Battle of Mosul might disagree, as would Korea and Vietnam and Rwanda and Aleppo.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

20k each that is. Albeit not a comparison to Rwanda or Vietnam yet, but in such a short period of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Covid still wins.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

The official russian numbers are still few thousands, Ukraine says it has lost aroun 2,5k - 3k KIA and has around 10k wounded, estimates for the russian KIA are 15k-20k, with Ukraine claiming to have 7k russian bodies in its morgues.

The civilian casualties from Mariupol alone have been estimated to be over 10k.

Moskva in the Black Sea, on fire and listing. Photo supposedly taken by a Turkish ship rescuing survivors.

Hard to see through the smoke but it kind of looks like the rear cruise launcher pair might have cooked off.

Imagine losing your missile cruiser flagship to a nation with no navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Moskva in the Black Sea, on fire and listing. Photo supposedly taken by a Turkish ship rescuing survivors.

Horribel Storm ��
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

Horribel Storm ��
    What about the storm?

Ruskies claimed the Moskva sank after an ammo explosion during a huge storm while beeing towed to sevastopel.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.