hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1051 of 1082 FirstFirst ... 515519511001104110481049105010511052105310541061 ... LastLast
Results 21,001 to 21,020 of 21628

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

They said "Sweden could", but after 10K AT4 is next logical step.

https://armyrecognition.com/defense_...o_ukraine.html

I don't remember to be other users.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

Who are “they”. I mean I’d have no problem sending it, in fact that would be fantastic. But thats like a blog and hearsay/speculation only. We could send a lot more before this, like our towed howitzers (same gun I believe). We have a lot more of those too. Archer its basically our most advanced system (outside some radar and missile systems iirc) and that is a national security thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Ukraine gets one of the coolest arty gadgets on the market. Meet Archer. Gone before impact on target.

Ukraine is turning into largest test weapons ground:
    ATM almost everything on market, last entry France Milan https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFoota...ssian_vehicle/
    coming soon howitzers 155 mm almost every configuration, 33 and 52 calibers.
    Are we (Sweden) sending it or someone else? I honestly did not know it was a thing outside Sweden (the guided ammo sure, but not the platform). Not looked lately but all I've seen, inc this video, has been done and presented in Sweden.
    Those were developed to be used against a competent russian army that could track/calculate the source of incoming the artillery shells and return fire to the source in 1-2 minutes. Hence the shoot and be gone Archer system was developed.

Looking at the current performance by the russians either they never got the system working or forgot to bring it to Ukraine.

I was in the artillery when I was doing my military service but the Archer system was still being tested/evaluated back then so we never got to play with it.

Who are “they”. I mean I’d have no problem sending it, in fact that would be fantastic. But thats like a blog and hearsay/speculation only. We could send a lot more before this, like our towed howitzers (same gun I believe). We have a lot more of those too. Archer its basically our most advanced system (outside some radar and missile systems iirc) and that is a national security thing.
    https://www.forsvarsmakten.se/en/news/

Nothing on their site about giving away Archers. They have reported about everything else they gave Ukraine.
    I would be all for it, but it requires a lot of training, deffo one of the best artilleries in the world.
    Archers are fast, fast firing and deploys very quickly.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Sweden Could Ttransfer a Batch

Could is the magic would.
    Tomorrow I could grow wings.

With or without Archer the list is impressive:

- Zuzana or Dana, Slovakia
    - CAESAR (12), France
    - PzH 2000 from Dutch stock
    - M107 or M777 (90+6), US
    - British AS90
    - Australian M777s on the way

Ammo will be a problem because 155 is a NATO standard and I don't think Ukrainians can produce internally.

IIRC the Americans are giving them an awful lot of 155mm shells
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/0...-supplied.html There is a List for that too. Poor Stijn Mitzer just can't resist making lists...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    IIRC the Americans are giving them an awful lot of 155mm shells
    2000 shells per gun. UK is also shopping around for 155, 152 and 122mm artillery ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Sweden Could Ttransfer a Batch

Could is the magic would.
    Tomorrow I could grow wings.
    This. There are no real sources for supplying Archer so its bullshit rumors.
    155mm guns are “standard” tho, we could/should more likely supply ammo for those.
    The guided rounds were developed to work with western artillery across the board.
    US used them first(?) in afganistan to great effect.
    Sweden’s artillery in the form of Bofors 155mm would be a great addition, thats what I witnessed during my service. they are still one of the best systems out there.
    Archer has the mobility edge for sure but if you can be out of range/counter fire the towed are still very, very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

According to a Tweet published by "The Rage X" on April 25, 2022, Sweden could transfer a batch of Archer, a 155mm wheeled self-propelled howitzers to Ukraine

This information has not yet been officially confirmed by the Swedish government.
    Judge for yourself...

I don't see why Sweden would give away their newest artilleries, except to get them battle proven for marketing purpose.
    They got tons of older stuff they can give instead.

and giving just a handful of units of a special snowflake system isn't that impactful, as you would still need to train the operators

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    and giving just a handful of units of a special snowflake system isn't that impactful, as you would still need to train the operators
    Maybe the first batch of operators have just completed their training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Maybe the first batch of operators have just completed their training.
    Doubt that there are any being trained on the archer that some twiiter says could maybe possibly perhaps be given.

But in other news, lend-lease is now only lacking Biden's signature: https://www.reuters.com/world/us-con...ne-2022-04-28/

Using the Lend Lease Act is awesome on another level. I'm looking forward to Russia trying to paint that act as evil when they were a big recipient of it in WWII. They received 20% of the value of the Lend Lease Act during WWII, the second biggest recipient after the UK (60%). The total sum was $50b. Adjusted for inflation that would be $500b.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Using the Lend Lease Act is awesome on another level. I'm looking forward to Russia trying to paint that act as evil when they were a big recipient of it in WWII. They received 20% of the value of the Lend Lease Act during WWII, the second biggest recipient after the UK (60%). The total sum was $50b. Adjusted for inflation that would be $500b.
    Why would that be hard?
    They are now promoting death by nuclear holocaust as preferable to living?

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Why would that be hard?
    They are now promoting death by nuclear holocaust as preferable to living?
    Just blubb blubb. 80% of their SSBN are docked right now, sat images from 27.04
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Ukraine gets one of the coolest arty gadgets on the market. Meet Archer. Gone before impact on target.

Ukraine is turning into largest test weapons ground:
    ATM almost everything on market, last entry France Milan https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFoota...ssian_vehicle/
    coming soon howitzers 155 mm almost every configuration, 33 and 52 calibers.
    Are we (Sweden) sending it or someone else? I honestly did not know it was a thing outside Sweden (the guided ammo sure, but not the platform). Not looked lately but all I've seen, inc this video, has been done and presented in Sweden.
    Those were developed to be used against a competent russian army that could track/calculate the source of incoming the artillery shells and return fire to the source in 1-2 minutes. Hence the shoot and be gone Archer system was developed.

Looking at the current performance by the russians either they never got the system working or forgot to bring it to Ukraine.

I was in the artillery when I was doing my military service but the Archer system was still being tested/evaluated back then so we never got to play with it.
    They tried...
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.