hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1103 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 10360310031053109311001101110211031104110511061113 ... LastLast
Results 22,041 to 22,060 of 22901

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Yep the cheapest way to resolve this is to help the Ukrainians win as quickly as possible. Russia is not governed by a regime that is capable of making peace or being a trade partner.
    By avoiding a nuclear catastrophe. Russia is governed by a regime fully capable of letting loose its nuclear arsenal just because they're that daft.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Did that tweet just describe the basic concept of Blitzkrieg?

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    The excuse is that candy just doesn't know things; the storage is normally used to tide over the high winter demand with the imports, the storage alone isn't enough without any imports.
    Just some rough numbers from a TL;DR video, last january Europe used 600 Twh worth of gas. Currently the gas storage is filled to 80% which amounts to 900 Twh. Like depili said, it's there to smooth out prices as much as possible, it's not a larder to last through the winter. Russias share of 40% of gas imports is thankfully being dropped (by themselves no less) but the Baltic pipe to Poland from Norway is coming online very timely in October together with many other new suppliers. EU won't freeze but prices will be higher.

The Baltic pipe has ~20% the capacity of Nord stream 1.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Did that tweet just describe the basic concept of Blitzkrieg?
    No.

Its not so much the cheap gas as "not having open riots and revolution come winter because people are freezing to death" thing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce5TR-qWCk4
    I tried to look up Perun. Who is he even?
    He so much info and good analysis. He started a gaming youtube and quickly became my go to guy for ukr news. I cant find anything about his background
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    The excuse is that candy just doesn't know things; the storage is normally used to tide over the high winter demand with the imports, the storage alone isn't enough without any imports.
    Just some rough numbers from a TL;DR video, last january Europe used 600 Twh worth of gas. Currently the gas storage is filled to 80% which amounts to 900 Twh. Like depili said, it's there to smooth out prices as much as possible, it's not a larder to last through the winter. Russias share of 40% of gas imports is thankfully being dropped (by themselves no less) but the Baltic pipe to Poland from Norway is coming online very timely in October together with many other new suppliers. EU won't freeze but prices will be higher.

The Baltic pipe has ~20% the capacity of Nord stream 1.
    Yup if it was only the gas storage NL would be out of gas in just under 3 weeks (average winter).
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Its not so much the cheap gas as "not having open riots and revolution come winter because people are freezing to death" thing
    He so much info and good analysis. He started a gaming youtube and quickly became my go to guy for ukr news. I cant find anything about his background
    I suspect he's keeping his RL identity and his online identity as separate as possible. I would in his situation.

From what I've gathered he's someone with an economy degree that has worked with acquisition presumably for the Aussie military. A bit vague admittedly.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    I suspect he's keeping his RL identity and his online identity as separate as possible. I would in his situation.
    It's pretty weird for some average gamer from down under to know that much about region. And I can tell you he is spot on when he talks about any Poland related topics. I suspect some retired military analyst/intelligence professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Yep the cheapest way to resolve this is to help the Ukrainians win as quickly as possible. Russia is not governed by a regime that is capable of making peace or being a trade partner.
    Can you say this louder for the Germans please?
    It's always better when everyone is on the same page. Here's some info. I have no interest in adding any commentary to the discussion itself.

https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-...kraine-2054992

This list gets updated regularly with the delivered and planned deliveries, it's always the same link.

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-fighti...ion/a-63047700

Current political debate on energy prices, relief programs etc.

https://www.dw.com/en/germanys-love-...wer/a-62712589

A timeline of Germany's relationship with nuclear energy.
    nevar forget

As everyone is looking at Kherson, Ukrania is making big moves on the opposite side.
    Making a bold push on the Kharkiv front.

Both Izium and Kupiansk (huge supply area) could soon be in artillery range.
    And of course the rail way.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    By avoiding a nuclear catastrophe. Russia is governed by a regime fully capable of letting loose its nuclear arsenal just because they're that daft.
    Well gee fucking wizz, better let them do whatever they like then. God forbid we hurt Putin's feelings

Seriously, how many times do we have to have this stupid go-round?

Meanwhile, fresh from the Department of Hurting Bitchboi Putin's feelings:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...665051648.html

Apparently the Ukr strategy is to either force the Russians to withdraw from the western side of that big ole reservoir or try and pull off Kherson Salient II: Donbas Boogaloo, and trap ~10k Russia troops on the wrong side of a large river which they can't move their equipment across (on account of a number of smoking accidents on or near the bridges).

To endure one huge strategic defeat in a month may be regarded as a misfortune. To lose two looks like carelessness.

Man the dolstoßlegendes about this war are going to be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    As everyone is looking at Kherson, Ukrania is making big moves on the opposite side.
    Making a bold push on the Kharkiv front.

Both Izium and Kupiansk (huge supply area) could soon be in artillery range.
    And of course the rail way.
    One of most intense day

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    When was the last time Russia conducted a nuclear weapons test?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Does polnium count?
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Does polnium count?
    Nyet.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Foreign legion footage:

Last edited by Nordstern; September 8 2022 at 02:41:40 AM.

Are you serious, how is that relevant? They have the largest arsenal and even if let's say 90% of it is shit and doesn't launch/go off there is still 10% of it that is comprised of city killers. The devastation would be immeasurable.

@Malcanis - yeah, I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to do what they want but balancing what they want against nuclear obliteration I feel it's heavily leaning on treading carefully.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

The problem with bullies and blackmailers is that if you give them what they want they'll keep coming back for more. We know that Putin considers the collapse of the USSR to be a tradegy that needs to be reversed so you either confront him in Ukraine or you confront him in the Baltics. Becuase that nuclear threat isn't going away.

Frankly it is easy to be a slave but far harder to keep yourself free.