hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 968 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 46886891895896596696796896997097197810181068 ... LastLast
Results 19,341 to 19,360 of 22902

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    This is the 21st century. Guided munitions decide wars, and air power guarantees the safety of said munitions. Ukraine can't touch Russia, and they know it.

Gifting them helmets or Javelines or whatever doesnt make a difference. Any concentration of forces will get blapped from the sky or from beyond the horizon.
    This goes equally for the Russian forces, or do you think those B-52s loitering off Norway are just on a Sunday cruise?
    B-52 vs S-400

yeah

grant us more of your insights oh mighty strategist
    The B-52s don't even have to enter European airspace to fire them. Imagine not being able to read standoff ranges. Also, are these the same S-400s that failed to do anything to the Israeli jets in Syria?
    fire what? JASSM?

I'm sure razor will be here soon but I'll fill in

lel
    I think TLAM-D would probably be the weapon of choice to stop a tank company or two.
    meh

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    This is the 21st century. Guided munitions decide wars, and air power guarantees the safety of said munitions. Ukraine can't touch Russia, and they know it.

Gifting them helmets or Javelines or whatever doesnt make a difference. Any concentration of forces will get blapped from the sky or from beyond the horizon.
    This goes equally for the Russian forces, or do you think those B-52s loitering off Norway are just on a Sunday cruise?
    B-52 vs S-400

yeah

The B-52s don't even have to enter European airspace to fire them. Imagine not being able to read standoff ranges. Also, are these the same S-400s that failed to do anything to the Israeli jets in Syria?
    fire what? JASSM?

lel
    I think TLAM-D would probably be the weapon of choice to stop a tank company or two.
    Give us a break. The US isn't going to go actively in with it's military to twart a Russian invasion of Ukraine. Nobody wants that, besides Biden has confirmed as much.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

B-52 vs S-400

yeah

fire what? JASSM?

lel
    Give us a break. The US isn't going to go actively in with it's military to twart a Russian invasion of Ukraine. Nobody wants that, besides Biden has confirmed as much.
    Also tomahawk is either nuclear or very not good against moving targets like for example tanks and IFVs.

And not stealthy so subject to the full range of IADS that the entire area is bathed in.

This even assuming the US wants to do anything at all

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

If the US didn't want to do anything, we wouldn't have given them all those missiles, or sent the special forces there.
    meh

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    If the US didn't want to do anything, we wouldn't have given them all those missiles, or sent the special forces there.
    I'll repeat: The US isn't going to go actively in with it's military to twart a Russian invasion of Ukraine. That doesn't mean the US won't do anything at all. Supplying Ukraine with weapons and training is not going in actively to twart an invasion. Other European states has done that aswell.

In earlier remarks, US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin indicated that the US had seen evidence that blood supplies were being moved closer to the Ukrainian border

Dribbling in some javelins and stingers is a very far cry from launching cruise missiles at Russian tanks

Empowering the Azov Battalion is way more palatable for the American public

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

That's the wonderful thing about smart weapons. You don't need super trained people to pull the trigger...
    meh

That's the wonderful thing about smart weapons. You don't need super trained people to pull the trigger...

I mean sure, some Russians will die, but unfortunately a shitload of Ukrainians will to. And in the end they will be forced into guerilla warfare for years before Russia might change it´s mind under heavy sanctions and war fatigue.
    There isnt any "winners" here...

The weapons industry wins. All of them.
    meh

today is 18th february
    it's cloudy in Kiev, mild northern-eastern wind
    probability of russian invasion is 10 to 53%, feels like 95-146%

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    today is 18th february
    it's cloudy in Kiev, mild northern-eastern wind
    probability of russian invasion is 10 to 53%, feels like 95-146%
    Seeing this is exactly how Russia have conducted earlier invasions and excuses for invasions of sovereign nations before, nope. It might feel like 10 to 53% to you, but in reality it's far more likely.

Like do you remember back in 2008? That was fun. Russia amassed it's military at Georgias border, promised it wasn't with aggressive intent and then decided to invade a few days later after conjouring up excuses about "protecting Russian civilians". It being South Ossetia, Donbass or Sudetenland, the excuses are always the same. And so is the outcome.

https://osce.usmission.gov/u-s-state...iii-meeting-2/

We assess that Russia probably has massed between 169,000-190,000 personnel in and near Ukraine as compared with about 100,000 on January 30. This estimate includes military troops along the border, in Belarus, and in occupied Crimea; Russian National Guard and other internal security units deployed to these areas; and Russian-led forces in eastern Ukraine.
    "Nothing is going to happen guyse, totes"

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    My prediction: posturing will continue until both sides can claim cultural victory to their domestic audience.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Nah I think Russia will go full Israeli and make the east uninhabitable for Ukranian nationalists.

Last edited by helgur; February 18 2022 at 04:06:38 PM.

Was it a radio station or similar thing by any chance? I have a case of Déjà-vu.
    nevar forget

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Was it a radio station or similar thing by any chance? I have a case of Déjà-vu.
    Russian UAZ jeep, according to Reuters.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

I c what u did ther

I c what u did ther
    One must admit it's awfully considerate of Ukraine to start a campaign of ethnic cleansing with 150 000 russian troops a stones throw away. It just expediates this whole thing doesn't it?