hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 967 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 46786791795796496596696796896997097710171067 ... LastLast
Results 19,321 to 19,340 of 22901

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Interesting formulation.

"In the absence of the readiness of the American side to agree on firm, legally binding guarantees of our security from the U.S. and its allies, Russia will be forced to respond, including by implementing measures of a military-technical nature."
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

I hope they can replace whatever they put over the border, because it's going to get TLAM-Ded to oblivion, judging by the B-52's loitering off Europe.
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I hope they can replace whatever they put over the border, because it's going to get TLAM-Ded to oblivion, judging by the B-52's loitering off Europe.
    Tomahawk is large enough to be detected and shot down by Russian air defenses, isn't it?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Tomahawk is large enough to be detected and shot down by Russian air defenses, isn't it?
    Depends. It can be launched from way outside SAM Range, and can fly NOE, so, that depends. Each TLAM-D carries 160 sub munitions, and can theoretically attack 5 separate target areas. Each buff carries 20.

You're also assuming the SAMs still exist by the time the tomahawks get there. Depends how good the conscripts are at clicking the radar off button.
    meh

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Russia will move regular forces into Donbas and smash any Ukrainian government forces foolish enough to oppose then. DNR and LNR will be officially recognized by Moscow (and maybe Minsk and Havana) and little green man and their amateur subordinate forces will start causing shit deeper into Russian claimed parts of Ukraine.

NATO will do nothing. USA and EU will do more symbolic economic sanctions that don't affect anything important.

Rinse and repeat for next 20 years until all Eastern borders of Poland, Slovakia and Romania are nothing but Russia.

How many tanks can russia build a year? A lot less than NATO can build javelins... And once they touch an actual NATO state, they lose whatever they touched it with. Repeatedly.

Imagine getting your bluff called by Biden...

:weakdoge:
    meh

No way Joe Biden of all people is going to send American kids to defend Ukraine of all places and without America NATO is just a jobs program for unpopular European politicians.

Nothing serious can oppose Russia in Ukraine.

Might be different for Poland but probably not

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    The only certainty are death and taxes.
    And in Norway, Tax on death just for the hell of it

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    No way Joe Biden of all people is going to send American kids to defend Ukraine of all places and without America NATO is just a jobs program for unpopular European politicians.

Nothing serious can oppose Russia in Ukraine.

Might be different for Poland but probably not
    I think they'll find a lot of Ukrainians willing to put the Javelins sights on the T-90s, but that's just me.

Imagine thinking we have to commit boots on the ground... We didn't when Europe came begging for us to fix their problems in Libya, and we won't when we're fixing Europe's problems in the east.
    meh

This is the 21st century. Guided munitions decide wars, and air power guarantees the safety of said munitions. Ukraine can't touch Russia, and they know it.

Gifting them helmets or Javelines or whatever doesnt make a difference. Any concentration of forces will get blapped from the sky or from beyond the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    This is the 21st century. Guided munitions decide wars, and air power guarantees the safety of said munitions. Ukraine can't touch Russia, and they know it.

Gifting them helmets or Javelines or whatever doesnt make a difference. Any concentration of forces will get blapped from the sky or from beyond the horizon.
    This goes equally for the Russian forces, or do you think those B-52s loitering off Norway are just on a Sunday cruise?
    meh

This goes equally for the Russian forces, or do you think those B-52s loitering off Norway are just on a Sunday cruise?
    Do they have an ukrainian flag? If no, they dont matter. There wont be a shooting war between NATO countries and Russia.

Same thing going to happen to those conscripts as happened to their elite special forces Wagner group mercenaries.

Imagine thinking there aren't already a ton of special forces, in theater.
    meh

B-52 vs S-400

yeah

grant us more of your insights oh mighty strategist

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I guess we're going to find out if our "top-notch" equipment actually works against a competent enemy, or if it's all a massive fraud.

Part of me suspects any engagement will be minor because the latter is true.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

B-52 vs S-400

yeah

The B-52s don't even have to enter European airspace to fire them. Imagine not being able to read standoff ranges. Also, are these the same S-400s that failed to do anything to the Israeli jets in Syria?
    meh

B-52 vs S-400

yeah

The B-52s don't even have to enter European airspace to fire them. Imagine not being able to read standoff ranges. Also, are these the same S-400s that failed to do anything to the Israeli jets in Syria?
    fire what? JASSM?

I'm sure razor will be here soon but I'll fill in

lel