hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 976 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 47687692696697397497597697797897998610261076 ... LastLast
Results 19,501 to 19,520 of 22901

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

  1. #19501
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Let's try to elevate the discussion (on FHC? LOL I know) cause it seems to me you guys are losing the plot how we got here today



    In the meanwhile, civilians are dying and suffering and pathetic little cunts are arguing over which side is better on the internet.

    In the last week I had to tell some 5 of my friends to fuck off or I will slap them in the mouth next time I see them cause pathetic little shits are spouting bullshit on social media, some pro Russian, some anti Russian.

    If you're so invested, go grab a rifle and go to the front or go do humanitarian aid stuff or take a hard long look in the mirror.

    Indeed embarrassing, duckduck
    I saw that video a few weeks back. And while he bring up some valid points, all the time he likes to compare the situation in Ukraine today with the 1961 Cuban missile crisis he leaves both Cuba and Ukraine out of the comparison (for unknown reasons) and solely focus on the geopolitical powergames between the USA and the USSR/Russia back then and today.

    The missile crisis started because Castro decided he needed assurances against US military intervention. So he ran toward the bosom of Khrushchev. And he was within his right to do that. And in the end, the US (reluctantly) accepted that. And the analogy continues with Ukraine, they are under threat by a militarily stronger neighbour so they run towards the west (NATO). Nobody is forcing them to do that (despite what the lies about what happened under Maidan says, coming from Putin's mouthpieces around the interwebs). Still, Pozner goes pretty far in implicitly justifying Russia's behaviour. But it's not justified. It was not justified or acceptable by the US in 1961, and it's not justified or acceptable by Russia today.

    If you condemn US imperialism in South America you have to do the same with Russias imperialism in Ukraine. If you do not, you are a hypocrite. Ukraine has the right to self determination as a sovereign state. They have the same right to security as Cuba had in 1961. If Putin wants to start a nuclear war and incinerate millions of people over it, so be it. I'd rather be dead than live in a world order where tinpot dictators can do what they want without reprecussion to people and their lives, and by extension my own life.

  2. #19502
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,493

  3. #19503
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    8,008
    This feels like a Broodwar game with zerglings all over your base and you're desperately trying to make cannons and zealots.

  4. #19504
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,493

  5. #19505
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Jesus, they're going to shell a city again. Fuck, hope people will have time and means to leave.

  6. #19506
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,087
    So a 5th Battle of Kharkov?

  7. #19507
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    3,065
    Remember, the shelling is the fault of NATO everyone.

  8. #19508
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,493

  9. #19509
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,493
    Russian military leaders have gone to command center

    In another indication that an invasion of Ukraine may be very close to taking place, Russian military leaders have gone to their command center, and cyberattacks are underway, according to a U.S. official.

    Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, believes any invasion has to happen during the night, the official said.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live...67772#83073975

    Shells have now started to rain in on Mariupol


  10. #19510
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,493
    BREAKING: Putin announces a special military operation to protect Donbas


  11. #19511
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,493

  12. #19512
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Let's try to elevate the discussion (on FHC? LOL I know) cause it seems to me you guys are losing the plot how we got here today



    In the meanwhile, civilians are dying and suffering and pathetic little cunts are arguing over which side is better on the internet.

    In the last week I had to tell some 5 of my friends to fuck off or I will slap them in the mouth next time I see them cause pathetic little shits are spouting bullshit on social media, some pro Russian, some anti Russian.

    If you're so invested, go grab a rifle and go to the front or go do humanitarian aid stuff or take a hard long look in the mirror.

    Indeed embarrassing, duckduck
    That was sort of the point I was trying to illustrate. The US got Zalensky to paint himself into the corner he put the country in. He'll probably end up in Virginia before the weekend unless he gets totally hung out to dry.

    Meanwhile the people are on their own and it fucking sucks. Putin said he was going for 'demilitarization' and 'denazification' but you know there's going to be some more widespread bloodshed for people who don't deserve it. I've tried bringing up the wrong doings of my own country with the screaming idiots I'm surrounded by and its much the same. I've been telling them "Fuck off, go grab a gun and watch tv or whatever you're going to do." Everything blows.
    Last edited by Arkaday; February 24 2022 at 04:02:29 AM.

  13. #19513
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,493
    Oh boy. The reports are coming in thick. Reports of contacts along the entire line of the rebel held east of Ukraine, Mariupol has sustained shelling since before Putin declared war, Odessa is under attack and VDV has landed near Mykolaivka(?) to seize strategic air bases near Kyiv. Heavy gunfire from small arms can be heard on live stream from the area.


  14. #19514
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Let's try to elevate the discussion (on FHC? LOL I know) cause it seems to me you guys are losing the plot how we got here today



    In the meanwhile, civilians are dying and suffering and pathetic little cunts are arguing over which side is better on the internet.

    In the last week I had to tell some 5 of my friends to fuck off or I will slap them in the mouth next time I see them cause pathetic little shits are spouting bullshit on social media, some pro Russian, some anti Russian.

    If you're so invested, go grab a rifle and go to the front or go do humanitarian aid stuff or take a hard long look in the mirror.

    Indeed embarrassing, duckduck
    I saw that video a few weeks back. And while he bring up some valid points, all the time he likes to compare the situation in Ukraine today with the 1961 Cuban missile crisis he leaves both Cuba and Ukraine out of the comparison (for unknown reasons) and solely focus on the geopolitical powergames between the USA and the USSR/Russia back then and today.

    The missile crisis started because Castro decided he needed assurances against US military intervention. So he ran toward the bosom of Khrushchev. And he was within his right to do that. And in the end, the US (reluctantly) accepted that. And the analogy continues with Ukraine, they are under threat by a militarily stronger neighbour so they run towards the west (NATO). Nobody is forcing them to do that (despite what the lies about what happened under Maidan says, coming from Putin's mouthpieces around the interwebs). Still, Pozner goes pretty far in implicitly justifying Russia's behaviour. But it's not justified. It was not justified or acceptable by the US in 1961, and it's not justified or acceptable by Russia today.

    If you condemn US imperialism in South America you have to do the same with Russias imperialism in Ukraine. If you do not, you are a hypocrite. Ukraine has the right to self determination as a sovereign state. They have the same right to security as Cuba had in 1961. If Putin wants to start a nuclear war and incinerate millions of people over it, so be it. I'd rather be dead than live in a world order where tinpot dictators can do what they want without reprecussion to people and their lives, and by extension my own life.
    The US has been feeding money and weapons to factions outside-ish the government control and forcing them to fold those seperatist areas into the government. It's a stupid mess.

  15. #19515
    August's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    778
    So the invasion has really begun.

    This sad blood-soaked Earth.

  16. #19516
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkaday View Post
    The US has been feeding money and weapons to factions outside-ish the government control and forcing them to fold those seperatist areas into the government. It's a stupid mess.
    What? That makes no sense. Can you elaborate?

  17. #19517
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    So the invasion has really begun.

    This sad blood-soaked Earth.
    Another flavor of "Shock and Awe"

    Also something something Justinian
    Last edited by Arkaday; February 24 2022 at 05:00:05 AM.

  18. #19518
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkaday View Post
    The US has been feeding money and weapons to factions outside-ish the government control and forcing them to fold those seperatist areas into the government. It's a stupid mess.
    What? That makes no sense. Can you elaborate?
    Back in 2014. Started kicking Javelins and whatnot due to "Russian Agression". Problem is we kept doing it and the areas where they were get kinda intersting. Maidan and Azov Battallion gets interesting too.

    Just a shit edit

    LOL even on AlJazeera a RAND corporation guy giving a run down of things. Did say "Shock and Awe" so another lol.
    Last edited by Arkaday; February 24 2022 at 04:34:54 AM.

  19. #19519
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkaday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkaday View Post
    The US has been feeding money and weapons to factions outside-ish the government control and forcing them to fold those seperatist areas into the government. It's a stupid mess.
    What? That makes no sense. Can you elaborate?
    Back in 2014. Started kicking Javelins and whatnot due to "Russian Agression". Problem is we kept doing it and the areas where they were get kinda intersting. Maidan and Azov Battallion gets interesting too.

    Just a shit edit

    LOL even on AlJazeera a RAND corporation guy giving a run down of things. Did say "Shock and Awe" so another lol.
    2014 is ancient history now m8. The Azov battalion has been merged with the national guard ages ago ....

    Back then Ukraine barely had a functional military and they didn't have any options but to accept that ilk, times are different now.

  20. #19520
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkaday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkaday View Post
    The US has been feeding money and weapons to factions outside-ish the government control and forcing them to fold those seperatist areas into the government. It's a stupid mess.
    What? That makes no sense. Can you elaborate?
    Back in 2014. Started kicking Javelins and whatnot due to "Russian Agression". Problem is we kept doing it and the areas where they were get kinda intersting. Maidan and Azov Battallion gets interesting too.

    Just a shit edit

    LOL even on AlJazeera a RAND corporation guy giving a run down of things. Did say "Shock and Awe" so another lol.
    2014 is ancient history now m8. The Azov battalion has been merged with the national guard ages ago ....

    Back then Ukraine barely had a functional military and they didn't have any options but to accept that ilk, times are different now.
    Yup. And Zelenskyy has to constantly appeal to them even to this day.

    Also tried to half ass raise a conscript corp the other day? week?
    yesterday?

    Rock hard good boy militia in Mariupol being vetted on AlJazeera lol very idealogically driven and deeply patriotic lol
    Last edited by Arkaday; February 24 2022 at 05:12:44 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •