hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 969 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 46986991995996696796896997097197297910191069 ... LastLast
Results 19,361 to 19,380 of 22901

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Was it a radio station or similar thing by any chance? I have a case of Déjà-vu.
    I c what u did ther
    One must admit it's awfully considerate of Ukraine to start a campaign of ethnic cleansing with 150 000 russian troops a stones throw away. It just expediates this whole thing doesn't it?
    It looks like all people who are not Putin are stupid enough to do utterly insane stupid suicidal stuff like that.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Last edited by helgur; February 18 2022 at 11:02:19 PM.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Why now though and not last year or next year for that matter? Nothing has changed in Ukraine that Im aware. Is his position in Russia that weak after murdering and imprisoning his opponents?

I'm still not convinced and am expecting smug troll faces to pop up any minute now. (Just kidding, they will pop up regardless)
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; February 18 2022 at 11:35:31 PM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Why now though and not last year or next year for that matter? Nothing has changed in Ukraine that Im aware. Is his position in Russia that weak after murdering and imprisoning his opponents?

I'm still not convinced and am expecting smug troll faces to pop up any minute now. (Just kidding, they will pop up regardless)
    Midterms. If the US gets Involved, the Republicans blame Biden for warmongering and Vietnam 2.0. If the US doesn't get involved, Biden is blamed for not helping allies and Bay of Pigs 2.0.

If the invasion is crushed, Republicans will moan about the cost and lives lost and complain Biden didn't exhaust all diplomatic options.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

All for the use of internal russian politics. Putin needs to punch someone to maintain his strong man image and approval ratings.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

All for the use of internal russian politics. Putin needs to punch someone to maintain his strong man image and approval ratings.
    Why would he be concerned with approval ratings when:

1. Poll results are always doctored
    2. The potential replacements are shit
    3. The potential replacements have a tendency to end up dead
    Last edited by Nordstern; February 19 2022 at 04:41:21 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Germany is soft. Russia knows they can invade Ukraine and have all sanctions rolled back by Germany within 5 years.

ur brain is soft

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    today is 18th february
    it's cloudy in Kiev, mild northern-eastern wind
    probability of russian invasion is 10 to 53%, feels like 95-146%
    today is 19th feburuary
    the invasion was supposed to be 3 days or go something? Or in March now?
    lol american political apparatus.
    There's still a thing wrecking through the population.

i mean it's probably happening

but ukraine isn't an innocent victim here

do i have to remind that shit really kicked off only when a confirmed ukrainian Su-25 strafed a civilian building in the center of lugansk?
    they had millions of ways to deescalate donbass before that

Keep telling yourself that.

do i have to remind that shit really kicked off only when a confirmed ukrainian Su-25 strafed a civilian building in the center of lugansk?
    Are they at least using a new fake evidence this time instead of just reusing the same footage and pictures as has been done in the past?

Air attack on pro-Russian separatists in Luhansk kills 8, stuns residents
    https://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/03/w...ack/index.html

Not that I think a war would not be entirely and unequivocally by Russia's making.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Air attack on pro-Russian separatists in Luhansk kills 8, stuns residents
    https://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/03/w...ack/index.html

Not that I think a war would not be entirely and unequivocally by Russia's making.
    That did indeed happen but if anyone thinks that was the motivating reason Russia invaded with their regular army I've got a bridge to sell them. The Russia backed separatists were losing and losing badly at that point in time. Putin seeing his frozen conflict disappearing decided to invade almost two months after that event.

Trying to paint Putin as a humanitarian who worries about human life is, quite frankly, laughable. Putin could end this the very second he choses to do so but instead he has escalated this at every turn and continues to do so.

If Ukraine would have followed Moscows example of how to deal with an insurgency, they would have levelled Donetsk and Luhansk with artillery, to the ground. Let's not pretend that Russia has the moral high ground on how to deal with an insurgency. Yes, that airstrike was condemnable. But also, let's not pretend that it was the catalyst to this shitshow starting in the first place.

The Russia backed separatists were losing and losing badly at that point in time.
    lmao you guys keep saying how precision strikes can trump troop spam but when that happens to the ukrainians it suddenly wasn't just a couple of Grads obliterating entire companies, it was a russian invasion!

How actual russian invasions look:

Not enough holy symbols of Adidas visible, can't be Slavic.

That did indeed happen but if anyone thinks that was the motivating reason Russia invaded with their regular army I've got a bridge to sell them. The Russia backed separatists were losing and losing badly at that point in time. Putin seeing his frozen conflict disappearing decided to invade almost two months after that event.
    To be fair I reckon 2 months is a perfectly reasonable timescale to organise an invasion, even faster when you consider almost half of that has been maskirovka with the assets mainly in place.

Let's be honest, Putin isn't giving us reasons, he's trying to give justifications, he's already made his decision based on what furthers his ends best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    To be fair I reckon 2 months is a perfectly reasonable timescale to organise an invasion, even faster when you consider almost half of that has been maskirovka with the assets mainly in place.

Let's be honest, Putin isn't giving us reasons, he's trying to give justifications, he's already made his decision based on what furthers his ends best.
    Tbh thats how the world usually works.