hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1057 of 1082 FirstFirst ... 575579571007104710541055105610571058105910601067 ... LastLast
Results 21,121 to 21,140 of 21631

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Why the fuck are British and American politicians and officials confirming intelligence sharing, encouraging attacks on Russia and suggesting regine change.

I like a good gloat at the latest Russian fuckup, but I'm just a random twat. These statements seem massively counter-productive.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...moskva-ukraine
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...skvaXX1_XitHkv
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-says-minister
    This is probably (hopefully) calculated. When Rus is threatening to bust out nukes, NATO can either go, "we aren't assisting, Ukraine is on there own", which no one will believe, or "heck yeah we are assisting the war efforts, maybe Rus needs to give up this hopeless cause."
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Just old fashion payback for Afghanistan

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/u...-bounties.html

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    A week ago, it was reported that the Norwegian army test fired a bunch of old mothballed M109 mobile artillery pieces. The test firing was apparently a success, but no one said why they were testing them.

In completely unrelated news, a Antonov 125 has landed at the military part of Oslo airport two days in a row. No one is telling why the plane is there.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Ukraine will need a lot of support and a steady fast supply line for offensive operations to kick the Russians out, estimated five brigades (40k troops) drilled and equipped by NATO.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/04/o...iew/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    A week ago, it was reported that the Norwegian army test fired a bunch of old mothballed M109 mobile artillery pieces. The test firing was apparently a success, but no one said why they were testing them.

In completely unrelated news, a Antonov 125 has landed at the military part of Oslo airport two days in a row. No one is telling why the plane is there.
    Clearly, one of life's little mysteries

A TB2 just bombed a Project 11770 Serna-class landing craft in front of the boat ramp at Snake Island. Depending where it sunk and the existence of another boat ramp on the island, Russia might have lost the ability to unload any vehicle, not amphibious, on the island. Pretty munch goodbye air cover considering Ukrainian bombed an SA-15 there not long ago.
    Catch 22: Russian navy could try to provide air defense by positioning a Project 11356R/М Admiral Grigorovich class frigate which would would be tied by the anti-air bubble it can project and make for an even juicier target.
    Probably means as well that the video of the Project 11356R/М Admiral Grigorovich was fake and this event happened instead. Could explain ambulances at the naval base.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    At that point almost everyone realizes we're bleeding mother russia now. Even Orban and his cronies are trying to secure Kiev area rebuilding contracts. France have gave up on Volstok-Paris axis, Germany starts to build gas ports with first one being ready in Wilhelmshaven in few months. You will see a lot less internet marxists etc, russian propops won't really be able to afford them. Also witness left wing propaganda either trying to distance themselves or run completely into the ground. And it's not a good thing, I hope sanity remains, no matter how war doldrums are now going to be used to mobilize vote base.
    lol smooth brains here

I still like this site for updates on the war.
    https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...nflict-updates

It has an interesting update for yesterday, it seems Ukraine arms are not only counterattacking in the north, while having enough defence in the south and east, they're making considerable gains and the site calls it an counteroffensive.
    https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...sessment-may-6

I read about that Germany is now delivering 7x Panzerhaubitze 2000, with the Netherlands 5x. First i thought well only 7 what a pity as the US delivered like 90 howitzer but then i checked what that Panzerhaubitze 2000 is capable of. 12 of this thingies alone are bad juju for Russia, they come with counterattacking radar, smart ammo and the fire rate... holy shit.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerhaubitze_2000
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    I still like this site for updates on the war.
    https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...nflict-updates

It has an interesting update for yesterday, it seems Ukraine arms are not only counterattacking in the north, while having enough defence in the south and east, they're making considerable gains and the site calls it an counteroffensive.
    https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...sessment-may-6

I read about that Germany is now delivering 7x Panzerhaubitze 2000, with the Netherlands 5x. First i thought well only 7 what a pity as the US delivered like 90 howitzer but then i checked what that Panzerhaubitze 2000 is capable of. 12 of this thingies alone are bad juju for Russia, they come with counterattacking radar, smart ammo and the fire rate... holy shit.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerhaubitze_2000
    Good that NL did that, also its 2/3 of our arty capability. Better there than here in a garrison tho.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Snake Island is turned into a slaughterhouse.

MI8 blow up
    SU24 leveled the island

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    .....when you're burning through half a fully equipped tank division a day to achieve the square root of fuck all, it might be time to consider a different direction.
    I hope not. I'm legit worried the "different route" is nukes.

I thought I was done with that shit after the 80's.

Also, living well within instant-kill range of a major U.S. City first-strike target, so fun times.

Putin may be just insane enough to end all of humanity.
    There's an excellent treatment of the topic here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxOO0hCCSk4
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

At that point almost everyone realizes we're bleeding mother russia now. Even Orban and his cronies are trying to secure Kiev area rebuilding contracts. France have gave up on Volstok-Paris axis, Germany starts to build gas ports with first one being ready in Wilhelmshaven in few months. You will see a lot less internet marxists etc, russian propops won't really be able to afford them. Also witness left wing propaganda either trying to distance themselves or run completely into the ground. And it's not a good thing, I hope sanity remains, no matter how war doldrums are now going to be used to mobilize vote base.
    Why isn't it a good thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Snake Island is turned into a slaughterhouse.

SU24 leveled the island
    That first pass is absolutely wild!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    thread title set, i will look very dimly on anyone who decides to do some UwU or meme or edgy shite. We're in our late 20s and 30s now, grow up you idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Why isn't it a good thing?
    Because I'm affraid it will result in even more resentment and will sow further chaos in the time when united and firm stand with regards how to deal with what's happening is of utmost importance. Ie today police in Berlin confiscated Ukrainian flag from protesters and it all landed on twitter. You can guess what followed. Or Portuguese Communist Party codemning Ukraine for russian aggression. I expect a lot more dumb and tone deaf decisions from politicians suddenly forced to deal with cognitive disonance of their lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    thread title set, i will look very dimly on anyone who decides to do some UwU or meme or edgy shite. We're in our late 20s and 30s now, grow up you idiots.

Totally, man.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    We're in our late 20s and 30s now...
    I wish...

Still no declaration of war and mobilization (day is still not over).
    Have to admit I did not expect this.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Allegedly Russian men of all ages are receiving general mobilization notices.

Not saying it cant happen or is not happening, but unless Russia is running out of bond paper or printer ink, why reuse a 2021 notice?