hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 996 of 996 FirstFirst ... 496896946986993994995996
Results 19,901 to 19,916 of 19916

Thread: Ukraine: House of Cards edition

  1. #19901
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,984
    Exactly.

  2. #19902
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,332
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    need someone to confirm if this is real



      Spoiler:
    I can't confirm it with my own eyes, but remember that anyone can buy advertising in the US. That's not an article. It's a advert someone has placed in a slot they payed for.
    Right at the bottom, paid for by (edit Ukrainian embassy, I didn't look hard at the icon to the left) and written by heritage foundation

    Edit: Ukrainian embassy puff piece.

    http://usa.mfa.gov.ua/en/press-cente...countable-army
    Last edited by Tellenta; October 27 2017 at 07:36:10 AM.

  3. #19903
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,139
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Exactly.
    But it's okay when Russia buys political ads on Facebook and tries to hide it.

  4. #19904
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Exactly.
    But it's okay when Russia buys political ads on Facebook and tries to hide it.
    Russia buys an entire legion of FB trolls to shit up public opinion.

  5. #19905
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Exactly.
    But it's okay when Russia buys political ads on Facebook and tries to hide it.
    Russia buys an entire legion of FB trolls to shit up public opinion.
    Wish someone would pay me.


    I am amused by the wording, that's all.

  6. #19906
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,984
    lold



    inb4 autism regarding the spanish helmet
    Last edited by RazoR; October 28 2017 at 10:03:26 AM.

  7. #19907
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,607
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    lold



    inb4 autism regarding the Portuguese helmet
    fyp

  8. #19908

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    9,216
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    lold



    inb4 autism regarding the Portuguese helmet
    fyp
    Also, warbonnets were worn exclusively by Native tribes from North American Plains, who had almost no interaction with Cortez or Pizzaro during their conquests of Mexico and South America, correspondingly. Also, Spanish forces of the time did not use Morion-style helmet depicted here.

  9. #19909
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    2,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    lold



    inb4 autism regarding the Portuguese helmet
    fyp
    Also, warbonnets were worn exclusively by Native tribes from North American Plains, who had almost no interaction with Cortez or Pizzaro during their conquests of Mexico and South America, correspondingly. Also, Spanish forces of the time did not use Morion-style helmet depicted here.
    To be fair to Razor I don't think the Russian education system (lol) cares very much about that

  10. #19910
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    8,951
    From the BBC

    Inside a pro-Russia propaganda machine in Ukraine


    A Russian "troll factory" in St Petersburg is working with the self-styled "Donetsk People's Republic" in eastern Ukraine to produce extreme propaganda videos that aim to discredit pro-Ukrainian elements and stir up the conflict in the region, BBC Russian has learned.


    The revelations point to a problem for the propaganda-makers - making their often-absurd claims believable. But Aric Toler of the investigative website Bellingcat, suspects that believability may not be the whole point.
    "I think that the fakes are not meant to be extremely convincing," Toler says. "All it takes is a few popular news outlets... to run a headline about a video of a Ukrainian far-right group 'reportedly' making a threat. The vast majority of people only look at headlines for stories and won't see any future retractions - so the damage is done."

  11. #19911
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,984
    Remember - no russian anyone making ukraine look bad is a kremlin agent!

  12. #19912
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,088
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    lold



    inb4 autism regarding the Portuguese helmet
    fyp
    Also, warbonnets were worn exclusively by Native tribes from North American Plains, who had almost no interaction with Cortez or Pizzaro during their conquests of Mexico and South America, correspondingly. Also, Spanish forces of the time did not use Morion-style helmet depicted here.
    To be fair to Razor I don't think the Russian education system (lol) cares very much about that
    Or anything not signed off by the Kremlin, really.

    Curriculum:
    Russia Stronk 101
    Putin: our great wise leader 102
    Facebook: how teach western pigdogs lesson; guide 103
    Incorporation event: the Russian oligarchy 104
    Glorious Russian internal security forces: protecting you and me 105
    Interaction event: Don't call me Checkist! Call me friend! 106
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  13. #19913

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    9,216
    Ukraine gets a Christmas present:


  14. #19914
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    13,617
    Well that's no way to build a tourism industry tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  15. #19915
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Well that's no way to build a tourism industry tbh
    Are you kidding? Just think how many American retirees can now afford to live out their fondest childhood dream of shooting dead a genuine Russian bad-guy! Pew pew pew, gotcha Ivan!

    In other news,

    Ukraine and separatist rebels in the east of the country have exchanged hundreds of prisoners, in one of the biggest swaps since the conflict began in 2014.

  16. #19916
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Well that's no way to build a tourism industry tbh
    Are you kidding? Just think how many American retirees can now afford to live out their fondest childhood dream of shooting dead a genuine Russian bad-guy! Pew pew pew, gotcha Ivan!

    In other news,

    Ukraine and separatist rebels in the east of the country have exchanged hundreds of prisoners, in one of the biggest swaps since the conflict began in 2014.
    The number of prisoners swapped was lower than initially announced after dozens of people who were meant to be returned to rebel-held territory refused to go to the other side.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •