hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021 LastLast

Thread: EVE: Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Controlers can't aim for shit and the get aim assisted because of it.
    Exactly. If you're playing an FPS with a controller you're doing it wrong.
    I turn auto-aim off and dumpster keyboard and mouse users. Last game was actually Dust. Fuck they would turn into such man babies over it too. lol
    The D514 player-base isn't exactly the upper-echelon of quality FPS players.
    Fun Fact: When Halo2 was supposed to be released w/ cross-platform multiplayer, they scrapped it because PC users were constantly shitting all over the console jockeys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I turn auto-aim off and dumpster keyboard and mouse users. Last game was actually Dust. Fuck they would turn into such man babies over it too. lol
    Fun Fact: When Halo2 was supposed to be released w/ cross-platform multiplayer, they scrapped it because PC users were constantly shitting all over the console jockeys.
    You don't even need to aim all that well for halo as well.

tbh the mouse support in Dust is terrible. Back in Chromosome I could consistently keep my kdr above 5.7.

Now, it has slid inexorably down to the low 2.x's.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

If you had a source to back up that claim I could rub it in the face of a friend REALLY hard.

please?

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    If you had a source to back up that claim I could rub it in the face of a friend REALLY hard.

please?
    Here: http://www.techspot.com/news/39738-m...le-gamers.html
    Need more speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    In b4 Dust 514 renamed to Legion for a relaunch.

(with no explanation of what the 514 ever meant)
    Just thought I'd quote this little gem from page 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

It is such a brilliant gem cause it was what we all thought would be the case if it was an FPS for PC/ps4, yet turns out it is not just DUST rebranded rather a new game.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

legion as it exists now IS dust rebranded (gameplay and content wise) with some visual tweaks. I would expect them to push it out as soon as possible (open beta/early access like every multiplayer game the last few years) and then add the new things as they go (PVE, open worldness etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post

It is such a brilliant gem cause it was what we all thought would be the case if it was an FPS for PC/ps4, yet turns out it is not just DUST rebranded rather a new game.
    According to the DUST guys I spoke to, Legion is basically the release model of DUST. It has p much all the things they told CCP that DUST needed.

Basically CCP used the console community to pay for Legion's 2 year live beta, ditched them like a $10 hooker (complete with finishing cockslap), and took the ready-to-launch game to the PC community.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

According to the DUST guys I spoke to, Legion is basically the release model of DUST. It has p much all the things they told CCP that DUST needed.

Basically CCP used the console community to pay for Legion's 2 year live beta, ditched them like a $10 hooker (complete with finishing cockslap), and took the ready-to-launch game to the PC community.
    And Sony paid a great part of the development as well. Win-win.
    Need more speakers

"Welcome to EVE"

"Welcome to EVE"
    we sat next to some dust players during the eve of destruction, much salt.

Essentially, this.

Tap on, tap off

Essentially, this.

Tap on, tap off
    No, not really. Legion is nowhere near "ready to launch". CCP can reuse some of the art assets; that's about it. The engine change means that they now have to go beat UE4 into shape basically from scratch. It'll be even farther off that Valkyrie.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Ah, that's what he meant by 'release model'. Yeah, it's nowhere near ready.

Where I was agreeing is that dust 514 was essentially a beta for CCP to learn a lot of apparently unobvious lessons. The TRUE vision of what dust should have been will be seen in Legion, now that they've realised that the PS3 can't deliver that vision.

Tap on, tap off

Yeah I'd be surprised if Legion was available in anything other than a very early access/alpha form by the end of the year, I'd expect it "released " end of *next* year at the earliest.
    Admittedly CCP and releases don't really mean much, given Dust was "released" a year ago and still doesn't have a complete set of art assets in game (eg no amarr/matari structures), let alone all the functionality they've talked about for years...

Other than the platform side of things, the talk about what EVE Legion is nothing new. All of it has been mentioned in the context of Dust 514 before, from salvaging to PVE vs rogue drones to strong ties to EVE and the map. So those Dust folk you talked to were spot on, they're all "Dust things" that failed to materialise in Dust. (Except a very boring implementation of salvaging at the end of matches, where it just randomly gives you some stuff.)

I hope that character/asset transfer at least covers names and BPOs, even if in cosmetic form only. The templar kit from the EVE CE looks awesome, carthum colours. \o/

Saberwing confirmed that Legion will have a test server, so that's something Dust could never do.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Donor

Essentially, this.

Tap on, tap off
    No, not really. Legion is nowhere near "ready to launch". CCP can reuse some of the art assets; that's about it. The engine change means that they now have to go beat UE4 into shape basically from scratch. It'll be even farther off that Valkyrie.
    The only reason Legion isn't completely replacing Dust right now is because CCP realised so late in the day that the latter was stillborn. Legion has after all only been in development for 6 months.

If they had it ready to go now, on UE4, Dust would be depreciated overnight. As it is they need Dust to keep paying the bills to finance Legion anyway, and it's not as if they can replace Dust with Legion in their "three games, one war" advertising because it's vapourware at this point.

Rest assured as soon as Legion is released and has decent subscriber numbers Dust will be switched off. It makes no sense whatsoever for them to maintain both IPs and dilute the "Eve FPS experience".

I have a feeling that CCP thought people would welcome the Legion news, even Dusties, hence why it was announced completely po-faced at their keynote, and why they've had to frantically backtrack and promise migration paths etc to placate the angry mob.

Tangentially related but 6 months development of Legion coincides with when CCP relieved Mintchip and some other Dust community guy, possibly others, of their jobs...

I'm just amazed that no one leaked this during the 5 month build up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    I'm just amazed that no one leaked this during the 5 month build up.
    Believe me when i say that CCP were repeatedly, clearly and strongly advised not to announce it like that, and that they were told exactly what would happen if they did.

By the time FF rolled around Hans and the rest of the CPM were pretty much in the "fuck it, we tried, now let's watch these idiots faceplant" zone.

One of the most amusing parts of FF was me personally - knowing what I know - being told by CCP Sabrewing that "The CPM is still a young institution and has a long way still to grow before it gets to he same level as the CSM".

Hans was standing right next to me when he said that.

The CPM summit is due any day now. Should be fun times.