hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Non-shit Ukraine thread

Right now all the west can do by ending sanctions is increase the speed capital leaves russia. opec could end it if they wanted but they seem intent on lowering the price even more.
    Last edited by TheManFromDelmonte; December 28 2014 at 08:11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    Right now all the west can do by ending sanctions is increase the speed capital leaves russia. opec could end it if they wanted but they seem intent on lowering the price even more.
    What about the sanctions is actually keeping money inside Russia?

They're making the business climate more difficult and affecting confidence, which reduces investment. I don't think they're helping anything over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

In a not so strange twist it seems, according to dutch media, Holland is pushing very hard to get matters in the UKR cleared enough so that commercial aircraft can resume flights over that airspace. Offcourse commercial reasons in flight paths are the major concern aka it costs to much money to divert traffic towards asia.

There are also, in Holland, hearings going on with our various intel organizations. Major question being why was a commercial plane (malasyian MH17 got shot down) allowed to fly over a war zone and why werent there any protocols made for war zones (seems its left to to the company itself if they are EU, rules are very deifferent for USA carriers).

Media is spinning it a bit as a 'this was bound to happen eventually' story. (which imo isnt the case).

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post

They're making the business climate more difficult and affecting confidence, which reduces investment. I don't think they're helping anything over there.
    I think more people would if it was legal.

Is Russia worried about being economically incapable of keeping pace with Chinese military development? I would be if I were them.

LS6

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    I think that was some kind of attempt at a 'In Soviet Russia, sanctions keep money in Russia'... or something.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Are you approving of the way that lesson is being taught? Do you actually think it has a positive effect on Russia's intervention depth in Ukraine?
    I don't think you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    I think that was some kind of attempt at a 'In Soviet Russia, sanctions keep money in Russia'... or something.
    People have been warned every now and again, including by Putin in direct form, about possible sanctions in case shit gets real ever since 080808 so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    In a not so strange twist it seems, according to dutch media, Holland is pushing very hard to get matters in the UKR cleared enough so that commercial aircraft can resume flights over that airspace. Offcourse commercial reasons in flight paths are the major concern aka it costs to much money to divert traffic towards asia.

There are also, in Holland, hearings going on with our various intel organizations. Major question being why was a commercial plane (malasyian MH17 got shot down) allowed to fly over a war zone and why werent there any protocols made for war zones (seems its left to to the company itself if they are EU, rules are very deifferent for USA carriers).

Media is spinning it a bit as a 'this was bound to happen eventually' story. (which imo isnt the case).
    It's bound to happen, and has happened multiple times in the past, that commercial airplanes flying over conflict areas or dangerous spots get shot down by accident.

The ones off the top of my head was the U.S. Navy shooting down a liner in the Persian Gulf and the USSR a plane bound for Korea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean...nes_Flight_007

In my humble opinion, not only should companies self moderate where they fly their planes, but strict rules and agreements should be made and enforced preventing civilian planes from flying over conflict areas to prevent the greed of such companies to incentivize them into taking such risks. It is not the carrier's fault per se but it's sort of like going for a cruise in the ghetto and being surprised when you experience violence.