hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Non-shit Ukraine thread

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    It seems cracks are showing on both sides, with noise of the coup in Luhansk.
    Not really a coup, more like infighting. I hear Kozitsyn's cossacks were the first on the chopping block for having notoriously low act/talk ratio.
    Or because he spilled the beans on the MH17 shootdown to vice? More likely to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    It seems cracks are showing on both sides, with noise of the coup in Luhansk.
    Not really a coup, more like infighting. I hear Kozitsyn's cossacks were the first on the chopping block for having notoriously low act/talk ratio.
    Or because he spilled the beans on the MH17 shootdown to vice? More likely to be honest.
    Doesn't that fall under the "talk" category?

Doesn't that fall under the "talk" category?
    I dont think so, to me this doesnt seem forged but actual Kozitsyn
    http://youtu.be/cYEH6Tfzouo?t=6m41s

I am actually shocked he made the statements he did in front of a camera.

Ukraine military restricts journalists' access to front

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukra...ne-373699.html

I believe both sides are guilty of not respecting free press. We have seen journalists from both sides get captured or taken hostage.. BUT! I think this one is partly to blame on journalists. Some of the people that call themselves "Journalists" are really just propaganda puppets but still abuse PRESS as tag, like Graham Philips on RUS side or EspressoTV on UKr side.
    These fools make it impossible for actual journalists to work safely, so that rule is something that makes sense for both sides to implement.

Firsthand report on Russian Spring by a sevastopol resident, german recon married to a russian gal from what i understood.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ry-early-March

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Firsthand report on Russian Spring by a sevastopol resident, german recon married to a russian gal from what i understood.

I've invented better stories than that.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Sorry but this is serious business forum so unless you can provide an arguement your input is not valuable.

You could start by posting that story of yours.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Other than that it works better?

i won't post here.

Http://www.kyivpost.com/umpwb27.jpg[/img] i would [i]kek.[/i.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    i won't post here.
    This is truly a priceless contribution, sir.

Good dancing practice here https://www.kyivpost.com/qmahiq7.jpg?oh=893df7fc0596cc442976612d282436ec&oe =53c30a56[/img][/spoiler.

My guess on the next steps:

Merkel, Hollande, Poroshenko and Putin already agreed on a pull out scenario with Russia saving face. The economic ties have shown what people have said before, Russia using weapons and military is a sign of weakness, not strenght. Winter is there, Russia is getting stoneaged.
    I believe Putin will be allowed to claim a grand strategic masterplan victory to his brainwashed polulation. Reality will be Donbass reverting back to "independence under ukies" and crimea staying nonrecognized. In return for pulling his goons out of Donbass, putin gets sanctions lifted and RoubleSTRONK.

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    My guess on the next steps:

Merkel, Hollande, Poroshenko and Putin already agreed on a pull out scenario with Russia saving face. The economic ties have shown what people have said before, Russia using weapons and military is a sign of weakness, not strenght. Winter is there, Russia is getting stoneaged.
    I believe Putin will be allowed to claim a grand strategic masterplan victory to his brainwashed polulation. Reality will be Donbass reverting back to "independence under ukies" and crimea staying nonrecognized. In return for pulling his goons out of Donbass, putin gets sanctions lifted and RoubleSTRONK.
    Nope, at this moment too much money has been sacrificed by not just EU and the US, but also Saudia Arabia, et.al. There's no way they're going for a half-assed promise from Putin to pull out.

I doubt Russia will even be allowed to keep their Crimean naval base after this, as that will be seen as a potential threat to future stability and sovereign integrity of Ukrainian territory. And SA will want Russia out of Syria in exchange for cutting production, so Russia will also come out badly in the middle-east.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    I doubt Russia will even be allowed to keep their Crimean naval base after this, as that will be seen as a potential threat to future stability and sovereign integrity of Ukrainian territory.
    The idea that Russia would give back Crimea is extremely doubtful. Putin's populace may be brainwashed and ignorant, but there is no conceivable way to spin handing Crimea, with its Russian population and naval base, over to Ukraine when it has basically become a part of Russia at this point. Putin's reputation at home would be ruined, he would be embarrassed and more of a laughing stock. If the Kremlin doesn't like Nato expanding into Ukraine, imagine how it would feel about handing over Crimea. Why would he ever even consider it? Asking that from him is almost as unlikely as asking him to step down.

If the west wants to negotiate an out that he'll actually accept, they won't put that kind of condition on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

In what way exactly is he in control if all the people start using Ukrainian currency to do business in? If all the imports and exports get smuggled through ukraine and all the bribes to keep this going are paid in anything but Russian money?

Economic collapse will result in losing crimea. Full economic collapse will mean the military will have to be sacked so they won't even be able to prop things up with them. With the Saudi attitude and the total absence of any export except oil this is really on the cards.

I'm trying to think of a good example of this happening before but I'm drawing a blank. I don't think anyone else with such a precarious economy has so naively invested in their military. Nor had new territory to lose in the crash.

I'm leaving that auto correct error cos I like it. You might not even be able to guess which word it was.

The trouble with that scenario is it presupposes that the West will keep up the pressure beyond the point of no return for Putin, risking Russia going full failed state. I find it more likely that they will ease the pressure off earlier (is. After getting Russia to withdraw from East Ukrain): due largely to the cost to their own economies and that pushing a nuclear armed state over the brink is not good policy.

The aim is to teach Russia a lesson and to assist Ukraine, not to break Russia. To get the Crimea back Russia needs to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    In what way exactly is he in control if all the people start using Ukrainian currency to do business in? If all the imports and exports get smuggled through ukraine and all the bribes to keep this going are paid in anything but Russian money?

Economic collapse will result in losing crimea. Full economic collapse will mean the military will have to be sacked so they won't even be able to prop things up with them. With the Saudi attitude and the total absence of any export except oil this is really on the cards.
    You can hypothesize about a total economic collapse if you want. Hell, hypothesize about a revolution. I guess it could happen. So could a war. I doubt any of the these things will, but that wasn't really my point.

Expecting any answer other than "no" and a laugh in your face from Putin (or any Russian politician) over Crimea is naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.