hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fortnite

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Anyone playing this? Co-op seems to be the core of it so would like to FHC...

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    I am, yeah. On most afternoons/evenings EST, will probably binge this weekend. Add Zheph in game.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I have to be honest I'm finding this a bit bewildering outside of the main 3PS mechanics (which are straightforward). There's so many "zany mechanics" and poorly explained aspects of it and I'm struggling to enjoy the "zany" characters which feel really immature (like aimed at young kids) and half-baked. It all feels a bit like a game designed by loads of separate committees and then thrown together.

It feels like the game equivalent of one of those pub fruit machines with the bewildering array of options, events and special rules that make a lot of noise and light but don't really mean much in terms of gameplay.

I'm not even sure WHO i am. Am I the soldier i kill stuff with? The robots? Some faceless commander (doing what?), etc?

Last edited by Leviathan; July 27 2017 at 02:59:55 PM.

Wish I could say he's wrong but he's really not. And. yeah, I bought a Founder's pre-order and am currently enjoying the game.

Dunno that guy's always pretty fucking annoying so i haven't bothered watching. Does he say anything worthwhile besides what i guess is endless whining about the f2p model?

Yeah, but it's all the way at the end of the video.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    I have to be honest I'm finding this a bit bewildering outside of the main 3PS mechanics (which are straightforward). There's so many "zany mechanics" and poorly explained aspects of it and I'm struggling to enjoy the "zany" characters which feel really immature (like aimed at young kids) and half-baked. It all feels a bit like a game designed by loads of separate committees and then thrown together.

It feels like the game equivalent of one of those pub fruit machines with the bewildering array of options, events and special rules that make a lot of noise and light but don't really mean much in terms of gameplay.

I'm not even sure WHO i am. Am I the soldier i kill stuff with? The robots? Some faceless commander (doing what?), etc?
    Kids are fun.

As of right now, now, there is more talk about the it.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Dunno that guy's always pretty fucking annoying so i haven't bothered watching. Does he say anything worthwhile besides what i guess is endless whining about the f2p model?
    Dont diss Mack

ding

F2P model is bad if you expect to max fast and hard. I am still progressing through the second zone and it is fine. Difficulty in 23+ is now where I want it to be, stuff is challenging but not overwhelming punishing.

I find new stuff and can upgrade shit every session still and expect it to stay that way for a few more days. But I am sure it wont stay this way till the end.

Kilabi ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Wish I could say he's wrong but he's really not. And. yeah, I bought a Founder's pre-order and am currently enjoying the game.
    He's not wrong though.

I enjoy being a whore.

"You" are the faceless commander who puts on the goggles in the opening cut scene. It's a little strange :P

The game does have a few too many different progression mechanics built in. It's late and I'm crashing, but I'll copy/paste some of the better starter guides in the morning.

Game gets better with friends. I should see about installing discord.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Don't save XP up for the perfect drop, you get 90% back when refining/releasing.

Check out his useful survivors are. Huge Stat boost there. Especially matching job/character.

Specialize with XP soonish. 2 star unlock for all heroes but focus on one or maximum two afterwards. Commander XP slows down a bit after a while.

Always do dailies and v-coin timed missions.

Always do schematic missions. Even bad ones so you get the evolve-parts from retiring.

Don't buy upgrade Lamas. Specialized Lama (350) drop like a silver and you know what you get, super Lama (1000) drop like gold and you know what you get.

Perhaps I'll think about more later. Also need more friends in-game.

Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Don't save XP up for the perfect drop, you get 90% back when refining/releasing.

Huge massive annoying exception to this: founders weapons. They can't be recycled. They still say you'll get back the experience like everything else. It is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

Huge massive annoying exception to this: founders weapons. They can't be recycled. They still say you'll get back the experience like everything else. It is a lie.
    Either this is only true for granted founders weapons or you have it set to favorite. I just now recycled an epic founder auto-sniper I got from a lama to get my XP back.

So perhaps they won´t reimburse the schematics from the pre-order packs but looks like you can recycle the schematics if you get them from a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

Either this is only true for granted founders weapons or you have it set to favorite. I just now recycled an epic founder auto-sniper I got from a lama to get my XP back.

So perhaps they won´t reimburse the schematics from the pre-order packs but looks like you can recycle the schematics if you get them from a drop.
    They must have recently changed it. I have 10 or so founders weapons from the launch event llamas, and yesterday or the day before, they were all marked "permanent" in the recycle menu. This is no longer the case.

Of course, the weapons given in the founders packs are, so I can't get back the exp from the sword now that I've created the legendary version. QQ.

Guides and how-to post, not so big after all because it turns out I'm lazy and would rather be playing the game than talking about how to play the game

Starter guide (one of several)

Different ways to build stuff, mostly useful for the wall layouts since the other stuff is easy to figure out on your own:

Hero Stats and Survivor Squads:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/co...ads_explained/

tl;dr:
    You have four main stats:
    Fortitude increases health and health regen by 1% per point.
    Offense increases melee and ranged weapon damage by 1% per point.
    Resistance increases shield capacity and regen by 1% per point.
    Tech increases damage or healing by traps, abilities and gadgets by 1% per point.

These stats can be boosted in a couple ways: Skill/research tree points, and survivor squads. The survivors give potentially huge boosts.

Other useful stuff:
    Keeping up progress through mid-late game

Finding chests.

"Build the shelter" are my favorite missions so far. Needs some teamwork, actually needs some defenses planned out, actually have to use the whole map. Rather hardish with randoms. I really enjoy those.