hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fortnite

Such a clever observation it's so original nobody's thought of it before.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    [Img]https://www.reuters.com/it/system/files/uploaded-files/ie-rtetv-waterford-vs-wexford-live-stream-gaa-hurling-senior-championship-2017-qf-watch-onlinehdtvcast.pdf]manchester uni.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Confirmed.
    Still a fun way to earn tokens to the slotmachine (and then not winning anything of use).

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I'm just not finding the core zombie shooting gameplay fun enough to keep coming back to this due to all the bloat. At present I probably log in every other day, do one mission and all the admin, get bored and log out.

I still strongly believe people want grind, just grind hidden well enough that it doesn't seem that bad. This one rides a precarious line with the ridiculous amount of boxes, but at least it does keep throwing them at you and legendaries are not at all required to progress at a decent pace. I *like* that there are so many systems and things in it, it what gives it longevity in theory as the gameplay is imo great, but the ui and systems really need to be presented a *lot* better.

Does get bogged down after a while though, but then maybe it's me because i get the same reaction out of this as i get out of warframe, any arpg, or any loot and systems heavy game. AKA i enjoy them a lot in very short spurts and think they're worth their time overall, but i barely stay with them for long no matter how good or critically acclaimed.

BTW, while i do roll my eye at the 'witty' picture, it's not wrong at all, but maybe the horrible obviousness of it makes me yawn.

I am now at the stage where logging into this feels like a chore I procrastinate to avoid. I regret paying for this game. While I have a decent number of hours in it, not much of that was "fun". Almost all of it felt like "if I just do this one extra grindy thing, things will start feeling fun" gameplay that never paid off.

A grind-focused, loot based game where 99.9% of loot is shit, even when you are just starting the game, is not a good game. A tower defence game where nothing you build has any necessity nor permenance (and replacing it requires more grind) is not a good game. The whole thing just feels like it takes far too much "admin" to get "fun".

New patch dropping tonight. They're adding in the new survival mode, where you build a base during the day and fend off monsters all night.

They also nerfed the shit out of the only ninja class that's viable past plankerton.

And they nerfed the shit out of rocket/grenade launchers.

And they tried to make certain outlander skills better, but they're all complete shit anyways since they're tied to charge fragments.

And from the looks of it, they did nothing to address things like +crit damage on traps with a 0% crit chance, etc.

So... we'll see if the new survival mode is worth it.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Battle Royale bitches!

First player feedbacks look good actually from what I saw. Still a very funny move. PUBG making even more waves than I first thought.

Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk

huh... HUH

Ohhhh, pvp.

Now I'm interested.

Testing now.

Horribly short review with no substance incoming.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Testing now.

Are you yahtzee?

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Testing now.

Are you yahtzee?

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    More or less 1-1 PUBG clone in another engine. Gunplay is fun, very short TTK, very small map compared to PUBG so different starting strats with fast dives to get weapons seems to be working best.
    Being able to build walls and shit while running away is pretty fun. Absolutely no connection from campaign to this right now, you start with a random model every game and play your round.

Waiting time are a bit harsh compared to PUBG as a round is far shorter because of the smaller map. You still have to queue, wait, loading island, wait, bus, parachute sequence every time.

Fun, looks good, enough weapons by the looks of it, gonna play a few rounds.

E4, top left corner of the square, 3 hangars, full of weapons, land on a roof after rushing and get 2-3 kills, if you can also escape you are set for a nice round.
    Last edited by Kilabi; September 13 2017 at 06:48:54 PM.

It's ridiculous how faithful a rip-off of PUBG this is. And fucking hilarious that a game which went through 1million iterations and could never really decide what to be, released and then just a few months later tore it all up again to just faithfully copy the mechanics of a genuine, orgnically successful game.

"we build this immensely complex game over 10 years but nevermind that, lets just ignore all those mechanics and copy a much simpler game thats succeeding."

Looks fun tho

in the end who cares, if it's good it's good

need to try this shit out

if nothing else this shit is amazingly well optimized usually so it should have that bonus at least, and building makeshift shit in a battle royale sounds fun

BR going F2P on the 26th - this is gonna be yuge.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    will get in on this
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.