hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: The Beard & Shaving thread

dunno if you notice, but there's not a huge amount of crossover between ICU consultants and dermatologists. can probably still get an appointment if it's something that bothers you.

I think he mostly means that seeing a dermatologist implies potential exposure (travel there, waiting there, etc), which I can sympathise with. It was just a suggestion for when this whole thing starts winding down a bit, plus it's something to keep an eye on just in case
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Today's shaving tip from Malcy: probably best not to do it when you have a raging cold

Anyway after a few months I have mostly got gud with learning the 57 different directions my whiskers grow in and my face is usually both smooth and undamaged after a shave. There's absolutely a learning curve, but what the hell, let's not pretend we don't have time on our hands.

There's something very satisfying about using the solid metal razor that I appreciate a lot. I definitely like that it only costs about 9p to change the blade. I change it out every 2-3 shaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Today's shaving tip from Malcy: probably best not to do it when you have a raging cold

Anyway after a few months I have mostly got gud with learning the 57 different directions my whiskers grow in and my face is usually both smooth and undamaged after a shave. There's absolutely a learning curve, but what the hell, let's not pretend we don't have time on our hands.

There's something very satisfying about using the solid metal razor that I appreciate a lot. I definitely like that it only costs about 9p to change the blade. I change it out every 2-3 shaves.
    you absolute tramp

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Nip the fresh blade through a bar of soap a few times with each cutting side and enjoy even smoother shaving. It will also last more than 2-3 shaves as well

I guess I could buy bar soap
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I really enjoyed Dettol, el-cheapo and can also be used for hand washing rather well. The only problem I have with bar soap is that it tends to dehydrate when used a lot, so alternating with liquid soap is a good way of going about it. Thing is good soap should dehydrate, it means it has the necessary ingredients to actually clean well.

the ball's & shaving thread
    MAX damage posting