hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Beard & Shaving thread

A literal razor blade or the likes of a 'Mach 5' blade? Either way you can do it by hand.

Double-edged safety razor blades

I feel that using them without the razor is a passport to face confetti, not to mention hasslebacked fingertips
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Well I'm cunted on Havana Club so fuck it, I just ordered a Merkur 23C, 100 blades, shaving stand etc etc.

Nest up: Malcy asks for help on how to repair a face cut to ribbons
    Nah it's called a safety razor for a reason.

Now if you went full on nekkid blade... (yeah I did try a straight razor and it's fantastic, best shave ever imho).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Well I have all the components, so I'm gonna have a long soak in a very hot bath for maximum hydration and softening, then give it a go. I literally can't remember the last time I was actually clean-shaven, probably 6 or 7 years ago now.

EDIT: Update, didn't go too bad, only one small cut on my chin and I've done worse with a Mach3. Some scratchy patches left because there is definitely an angle that works with this thing and any other angles don't work.

Also holy god that using alum bloc is like holding a lit sparkler near one's face. It works tho.
    Last edited by Malcanis; December 2 2020 at 09:46:12 PM.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Well I have all the components, so I'm gonna have a long soak in a very hot bath for maximum hydration and softening, then give it a go. I literally can't remember the last time I was actually clean-shaven, probably 6 or 7 years ago now.

EDIT: Update, didn't go too bad, only one small cut on my chin and I've done worse with a Mach3. Some scratchy patches left because there is definitely an angle that works with this thing and any other angles don't work.

Also holy god that using alum bloc is like holding a lit sparkler near one's face. It works tho.
    pics or gtfo
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

ahaha nop

I like big beards.

Well you missed your chance, sweet cakes, because mine is gone

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    imagine cleaning that (impressive) beard after 24 other men have had a pop
    New name for this thread?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I've been sporting a beard longer time since summer now and I can say it's a complete pita at the end of the day. Mine needs serious trimming every two weeks and I dread doing it myself. Luckily found a good chap who has nice prices and good technique but honestly I'd prefer not spending (or going out of the house just for this) every couple of weeks so I don't look like a hobo.

Yeah, diy and stuff, well, turns out it isn't that easy and there's no undo, if you fuck up then it's probably easier to shave it off completely

I just stick an 18mm guard on a trimmer every couple of weeks and go all over the beard. Take the guard off, trim moustache back, get rid of the neck beard and shape up the cheeks. Takes about 10 minutes in total.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Shaved mine completely off since I was paranoid about the COVID catchers not letting me form a tight seal when I put a mask on. Fun fact, it's why the clean-shaven look started to become popular after the WWI because young men just became used to having to shave for gas mask wear. I figure I can grow it back after this whole mess, if ever, blows over.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I just stick an 18mm guard on a trimmer every couple of weeks and go all over the beard. Take the guard off, trim moustache back, get rid of the neck beard and shape up the cheeks. Takes about 10 minutes in total.
    It's mostly about shaping the beard, if I do the above I just end up with a bowl of hair attached to my lower face and that is not really a thing I'd enjoy.

About shaving it for fear of bad mask seal - if I end up in the position to have to wear FFP3 and above I'll probably have to shave it. Until then... eh.

Il ike when you are shaved adn do not have a beard. I feel uncomfortable when I have a little bristle.

My thighs agree

Update: It's really quite phenomenal how much blood can come out of one small decapitated mole.

Update: It's really quite phenomenal how much blood can come out of one small decapitated mole.
    Put some tissue paper on it and stop moaning like a lil' bish :P

In truth though, look into getting an alum block. It helps.

I do have an alum block, but even a big ole chunk of alum can only do so much.

You'll have to have that looked at by a good Dermatologist once you don't bleed out from it. They're very well vascularised - that's why it bleeds. I would keep an eye on it so it doesn't change in any significant way.

I dunno if you've fucking noticed, but there's a plague on