hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: FHC v3 (Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger)

  1. #1
    Administrator EntroX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    10,982

    FHC v3 (Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger)

    hi there

    if you see this post it means you are on the new site, please use this thread to report any issues.

    FIXED SO FAR:
    • white post/thread edit box now actually works
    • clock was wrong
    • i made a mistake configuring the transparent proxy thus causing login to get fucked (people wrote the wrong password, since the forum saw the load balancer's IP instead of the client's no-one else could ever login)
    • fixed the "do you really want to leave this page?" popup
    • some tweaks for performance
    • migrated the ts3 server to its new box
    • fixed a setting that was causing the forum to display "Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 323"
    • tamber had issues with the tapatalk api, this has been resolved
    • don's weird-ass ad-hoc theme solution somehow fixed itself when i fixed an issue with tapatalk


    STILL BROKEN:
    Last edited by EntroX; March 21 2014 at 03:07:22 PM.
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

  2. #2
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    19,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    The top of the page is all grey and ulgy (from the failheap logo across the screen and the top of the quick post box is green.
    Derp this goes here.

  3. #3
    Administrator EntroX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    10,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    The top of the page is all grey and ulgy (from the failheap logo across the screen and the top of the quick post box is green.
    Derp this goes here.
    please go here: http://failheap-challenge.com/who.php and tell me what server you are on so i can take a look
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

  4. #4
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    19,592
    Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    The top of the page is all grey and ulgy (from the failheap logo across the screen and the top of the quick post box is green.
    Derp this goes here.
    please go here: http://failheap-challenge.com/who.php and tell me what server you are on so i can take a look
    hi, my name is tamber.failheap-challenge.com

  5. #5
    Administrator EntroX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    10,982
    right, i noticed the 2 things you are talking about.

    sadly the FHC themes are...weird, the grey thing was a quick fix i had to do because it was even worse, regarding the quick reply sadly there's nothing i can do about it for the time being.

    i'll try and let don know.
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

  6. #6
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    The top of the page is all grey and ulgy (from the failheap logo across the screen and the top of the quick post box is green.
    Derp this goes here.
    please go here: http://failheap-challenge.com/who.php and tell me what server you are on so i can take a look
    hi, my name is tamber.failheap-challenge.com
    hi, my name is tamber.failheap-challenge.com

    ditto.

  7. #7
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    19,592
    Sup m8

  8. #8
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Sup m8
    Get home from work and am greeted by a terrible looking FHC, beyond that not much m8.

  9. #9
    Administrator EntroX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    10,982
    updated the OP with currently fixed and the known problems
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

  10. #10
    HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2011
    Location
    [VENIO]
    Posts
    4,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Sup m8
    Get home from work and am greeted by a terrible looking FHC, beyond that not much m8.
    I just had a smoke m8. Feelin p. good.

    FHC ts is down for me atm, is that due to server maintenance? Want to play a few with my mech bros.

    I am a Lamborghini tractor.

  11. #11
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    11,849
    Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    updated the OP with currently fixed and the known problems
    But there's no mention of
    Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 323
    When previewing edits.

    I think 'trox has me blocked QQ.
    He never said if he could see my spam post reports either.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  12. #12
    tHornton's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    Posts
    5,326
    werst




  13. #13
    Administrator EntroX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    10,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    updated the OP with currently fixed and the known problems
    But there's no mention of
    Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 323
    When previewing edits.

    I think 'trox has me blocked QQ.
    He never said if he could see my spam post reports either.
    screenshot please?
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

  14. #14
    Administrator EntroX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    10,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    updated the OP with currently fixed and the known problems
    But there's no mention of
    Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 323
    When previewing edits.

    I think 'trox has me blocked QQ.
    He never said if he could see my spam post reports either.
    nvm, its a new setting that came up with the current version of vBulletin, that message should be gone, please check and let me know
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

  15. #15
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    11,849
    Checking...

    Nope still there, at the top of a previewed post, above the FHC banner & Name, Profile, Settings, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  16. #16
    Administrator EntroX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    10,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Checking...

    Nope still there, at the top of a previewed post, above the FHC banner & Name, Profile, Settings, etc.
    delete cache, etc. i don't see it at all
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

  17. #17
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    11,849
    Done and... edit: it's still there on previewing an edit.

    Reproduction steps:
    Make post.
    Click Edit Post, Go Advanced.
    Click Preview Changes (you don't need to have changed something in the edit fields).
    Read top of page served by FHC.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; March 20 2014 at 11:44:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  18. #18
    Administrator EntroX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    10,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Done and... edit: it's still there on previewing an edit.

    Reproduction steps:
    Make post.
    Click Edit Post, Go Advanced.
    Click Preview Changes (you don't need to have changed something in the edit fields).
    Read top of page served by FHC.
    bug squished, thanks
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

  19. #19
    Tyrehl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [STUGH] Rote Kapelle
    Posts
    3,582
    Is it just me or no https yet? I had forgotten that i am being paranoid here and thought that FHC is still down, changed to http - forum suddenly up!
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

  20. #20
    Administrator EntroX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    10,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Is it just me or no https yet? I had forgotten that i am being paranoid here and thought that FHC is still down, changed to http - forum suddenly up!
    Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by randomToon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tekai View Post
    https is gone/in transition?
    Https doesn't work for me either.
    Could you fix it please?

    Thanks
    https will be unavailable for quite a while, sadly i wont tinker with it until i am done getting everything working atm, the load balancing software i have only supports https on the latest version and i'd have to get a new cert, etc.

    there was so little https traffic up to this point that i decided to drop it for the time being

    edit: forgot to mention my reasoning other than the low traffic, there's a lot of changes that FHC would need in order to fully support SSL, its a project i'll go for later on this year. i want to migrate the entire so it runs entirely on SSL but that'll get under work later.
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •